You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 1
83
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+75 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Did a search, can't believe this isn't here yet.

Anyway, the story. . . .


by Michael Filozof
From the “They can’t really be this stupid – can they?” category, an urban anti-violence group in Buffalo, NY conducted a gun “buyback” – targeting Nerf guns. Yes, Nerf guns – the spring-loaded children’s toys that fire harmless, spongy little projectiles.

Seems that these simpletons believe that “a toy gun today” invariably leads to a “real gun tomorrow.”

One parent said that if the kids have Nerf guns, “Then there’s no fear holding the real gun when they get older. We want to put that fear back into our children.”

Fear? How about putting some responsibility and discipline into your children instead, so they can responsibly handle guns to defend their freedom when they get older?

Link

"We want to put the fear back into our children."

*facepalm*

Am I the only one who thinks that kids should be kids? Should we start scaring the poop out of them with toys?
Sure, don't touch a hot stove.
Don't talk to strangers.
Don't run with sizzors.

Don't play with toys?

Just another mad PC ploy to ruin childhood. Turn them into scared, neurotic, whimpering 'fraidy cats. Sissi-fy the youth of our country to the point where ANYTHING could be considered harmful!

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. (Thank you Dennis Miller)

But I'm not. (Beez
)



+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.


+13 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


My micro machine lamborghini galardo didn't lead me to a real one and my toy lightsaber didn't lead me to buy a real one what gives?

Nice post. That's insane. Nerf guns are rad!


+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.

Then call me an Arms Dealer.

My son (eight) has nerf pistols, nerf machine guns, nerf rifles.

(don't call DCFS)


+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When I wanted to instill some respect for firearms into my then young daughters I took them to the range. After some fun familiarization on the the.22's the older one fired a 4"barreled.357 (under extremely close supervision) exactly once." That's enough take it dad"...
They quickly learned what pointing a weapon at anything meant.
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Man, you better get control of your child.

The kid has a nerf arsenal, he could cause all kinds of problems with all of that.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.


Boogers are the gateway to rubber bands, rubber bands are the gateway to nerf guns. I say we ban boogers. Everyone should be required to pluck out all of their nose hairs.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54
 
Two years ago my son dressed as a pirate. I *sob* gave him a sword (plastic).
Last year he went as a zombie with a butchers knife (plastic).

Worst Father Of The Year.




posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
These people make me sick. you know what I i did with my family this weekend. we went up to our familys 1,200 acre ranch and everyone holsters a loaded gun up there, even my 12 year old brother. Its call responsibility



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
When I wanted to instill some respect for firearms into my then young daughters I took them to the range. After some fun familiarization on the the.22's the older one fired a 4"barreled.357 (under extremely close supervision) exactly once." That's enough take it dad"...
They quickly learned what pointing a weapon at anything meant.
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I took my son to the range with a Savage .22. He knows the difference. And I agree, teaching respect for REAL weapons is important.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Skewed
Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.


Boogers are the gateway to rubber bands, rubber bands are the gateway to nerf guns. I say we ban boogers. Everyone should be required to pluck out all of their nose hairs.

You can have my boogers when you can pry them. . . . um. . . ew.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
These are the people who lead us; the apocalypse is taking too long.

I truly, truly wish I had something sardonic, snarky or even irreverent to say here to illustrate the obvious stupidity of this notion; but I have nothing and frankly if these are the people getting into leadership positions in our world then my only recourse is to pray the doom-sayers of 2012 are correct

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
These are the people who lead us; the apocalypse is taking too long.

I truly, truly wish I had something sardonic, snarky or even irreverent to say here to illustrate the obvious stupidity of this notion; but I have nothing and frankly if these are the people getting into leadership positions in our world then my only recourse is to pray the doom-sayers of 2012 are correct

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

These are the same people that will send us to war, walk with armed body guards, but support abortion. (I know, another thread, another time)

They're freaks.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Breaking News........

An eight year old boy was arrested and jailed for having an illegal cache of arms.

Arms Cache



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These people make me sick. you know what I i did with my family this weekend. we went up to our familys 1,200 acre ranch and everyone holsters a loaded gun up there, even my 12 year old brother. Its call responsibility

Responsibility and respect are foreign words to people like these.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
NY & NJ is so unbelievably ignorant and misinformed in regards to firearms that it is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Used to live there but moved south many years ago. Now being into firearms, and knowledgeable about them, I have laughed probably a hundred times to myself already thinking back about the nonsense anti-firearm propaganda that they spew up there. So many LIES and so much misinformation in regards to firearms that it is LAUGHABLE. They try to make citizens up their DESPISE firearms by whatever means necessary!!

In addition, they always seem to pass laws that punish the law-abiding citizens, while passing laws that have compassion towards the bad guys. They even encourage the bad guy who breaks into your home to SUE you in court if they injure themselves on YOUR PROPERTY during a scuffle!!!!! I lost track of how many instances that I heard of such frivolous lawsuits in which the bad guys WON in court!!!!!


WHAT A JOKE!!!!
edit on 9-9-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Breaking News........

An eight year old boy was arrested and jailed for having an illegal cache of arms.

Arms Cache


Get *gasp* Holder on the line *bwahahahaha* we may have a case!



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors
 
What they're doing is trying to raise a generation that will gladly get rid of the 2nd Ammendment.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Breaking News........

An eight year old boy was arrested and jailed for having an illegal cache of arms.

Arms Cache

Obvious homegrown terrorist is obvious. Thank goodness they put a stop to him before he hurt someone.

---

On that note I'm going to bury my super soakers in the back yard before the ATF kicks my door in.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


They'd probably confiscate my Zombie Survival kit loadout...







new topics
top topics
 
83
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join