It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So the ATF is giving guns to gangs and foreign anti-government groups and people in the US are trying to take away NERF guns from the kids...

Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Kids will always turn out the opposite of what you want them too if you over protect them and don't expose them at all to the things they will face one way or another later in life...

I think a parent's job is not protecting their kids and keeping them away from anything that could hurt them whatsoever... But to assist them as experienced guides into learning about them so when the time come they'll be prepared and not clueless and scared... Fear leads to aggression in most case.. involve anything dangerous such as a firearm in such event and your looking at trouble down the road...

Don't let your daughter around any guys and don't let her go out with her friends at all and to do the things a kid should do and your going to be a grand-father/grand-mother by the time they are 18.

Don't give or allow or expose children to firearms and their proper use in time and soon as they get their hands on one they will either hurt themselves or hurt someone else because they won't even know how to and how not to use it...

You may win the battle today and prevent them from getting into something you don't want them to... but trust me... curiosity will always win the war...

My grand-pa bought me my first bb gun I was 7... by the time I was 15 years old I was classed #5 in Atlantic with an average of 98% accuracy at my first competition. Today I neither have a gun or a gun permit wanna know why??? I grew tired of it... I miss it sometimes I get the urge of shooting a couples rounds but its not even enough for me to get a PAL and shed some cash over something I know I have little use for at the moment...

Other than if they would put together a competitive long range firing team around here I wouldn't even bother to apply for a PAL and get a rifle.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by beezzer

Seems that these simpletons believe that “a toy gun today” invariably leads to a “real gun tomorrow.”

So you dont think what happens to you as a child has any affect on what you do when you grow up. It is not these people that are sounding simpleton to me.....

There are people out there who lost their entire family/friends when they were young, and still turn out fine, I'm not saying it does not shape them in ways, but it is nothing that you can predict at all. I'm so sick and tired of the "if you try/use this it will lead to that" which is a "simpleton" answer to me.

If you believe that, then im sure you are a follower of the "if you smoke pot you are inevitably going to do heroin"

Or "playing violent video games makes you want to kill everybody in a bloody rampage"

While we are at it, why don't we make some new ones?

"Cookies are a gateway drug to milk" Do you know how bad cookies are for children? With all that sugar and junk they make the kid addicted to sugar and makes them buy more cookies or junk food

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Really? Nerf guns? Give me a break. I grew up with nerf guns and super soakers, cap guns and many other toy guns. Not one made me want a real one.

That said, I would so buy this

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

that was frikkin great!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

What they're doing is trying to raise a generation that will gladly get rid of the 2nd Ammendment.

When I was growing up we all had .22 got them around age twelve, we hiked down the tracks to the river, my goodness how times have changed.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Funny, isn't it? As a child (teen) I spent summers riding dirt bikes and plinking away with my .22

And somehow we all survived.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So this is what the world has come down to...ruining childrens lives. Even I as a kid knew to stay away from weapons where as an adult I wouldn't even care about it. But I remember playing with my super soakers and having fun. My nephew has a nerf in which he plays with other kids at times and later puts it away and continues playing his wii.

I don't understand why we can't all get along.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

RATA TAT TAT TAT....

edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Ratata pokemon says

"what?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d82c777662c.png[/atsimg]

on that note:
Watch them demonize video games next.
Edit: nevermind, they already have

edit on 10-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Skewed
Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.

Boogers are the gateway to rubber bands, rubber bands are the gateway to nerf guns. I say we ban boogers. Everyone should be required to pluck out all of their nose hairs.

That is the most hilarious post so far!!! Extremely funny. I took gun safety at age 8, so did my little brother. Now in our 40's, he a retired navy seal and with an arsenal that is only surpassed by the military, our kids know the difference as we have exposed them to the damage a real gun can cause. Do they have nerf guns, absolutely, TO KEEP real guns out of their hands. What are these people thinking!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Or "playing violent video games makes you want to kill everybody in a bloody rampage"

Of course it is not that simple, but recent studies firmly prove that when young people play violent games, they act with more aggression. You can think what you wish but if you look the facts speak for themselves...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Of course it is not that simple, but recent studies firmly prove that when young people play violent games, they act with more aggression. You can think what you wish but if you look the facts speak for themselves...

studies done by anti second amendment liberals most likely

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You state this as though the children are in a vacuum. It's the parents responsibility to monitor and correct behaviours that may stem from exposure to violent elements.
As parents abdicate their responsibility to the "state" we see draconian laws that act as over-reaching "parents" to a generations children.
Your argument is based on the parents abdication of their own rights.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I might be way off the mark here but maybe they are associating the image of guns with violence and wicked behavior. After all boys do not gravitate toward the nerf gun because it is warm and fuzzy but because it is the closest thing to a real gun they can get their little mitts on.

Perhaps these adults plan to introduce conflict resolution or mediation and the "guns" blow both those lessons out of the water and confuse the little children. Sure kids should be able to play with guns but they should also know exactly what guns do too or why not let them play with little bomb sets?

Yes before they get that nerf gun they should visit a morgue. Makes sense doesn't it?

Actually it depends on what lesson and what "ideology" you are trying to instill in the formative little brains.
Violence and forceful aggression is the norm and the standard.
We are trying our damnedest to instill it or this country is not going to have a military and that my friends is motivation number one. It is, as always, the bottom line in this clever little learning experiment. It is not about kids having fun and forgetting about the weird wild and wonderful world of grownups, it is learning to be the same way we are.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

Originally posted by satron

Nerf guns, the new gateway to gun crime.

Boogers are the gateway to rubber bands, rubber bands are the gateway to nerf guns. I say we ban boogers. Everyone should be required to pluck out all of their nose hairs.

That is the most hilarious post so far!!! Extremely funny. I took gun safety at age 8, so did my little brother. Now in our 40's, he a retired navy seal and with an arsenal that is only surpassed by the military, our kids know the difference as we have exposed them to the damage a real gun can cause. Do they have nerf guns, absolutely, TO KEEP real guns out of their hands. What are these people thinking!!!!!!!

And if every one was peaceful land did not resort to violence you might both be out of a job and an avocation so God forbid please keep teaching the killing. We really need it. I mean if you do it "safely" it can be a lot of fun.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

studies done by anti second amendment liberals most likely

This is what people who love guns so much they don't mind a little death always say.

Edit: Did I say a little????

edit on 10-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It seems to me that if a bunch of people decided to (or even a few dedicated ones) they could more or less bankrupt this silly group by buying a bunch of nerf guns and then bringing them to these characters to "buyback."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I didn't really got it at first, I was expecting a ton of Nerf-Gun-armed parents trying to combat crime, that would be cool

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sometimes, kids are just kids. When I was a wee lad, we didn't have Nerf guns. We had sticks and cap pistols. Even farther back, sons probably emulated fathers with spears and axes and rocks. You can try to change behaviour instilled trough millenia of generations, based on political correctness, but ultimately, you would fail.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by solargeddon

You may find this interesting

Boys Need to Kill Things; Let Them

I agree with this article except for the part about boys that may be gay not being part of the "I like to play war set" perhaps I am the exception, but I grew in martial arts and not only learned the proper respect for firearms ( respect is what should be given to kids about guns not fear) but also was in the military.

I also own enough nerf guns now that I could outfit my entire apt block for an all out nerf war ( I am a 6'3 225 12yo lol) Taking away nerf guns is patently stupid. It is not a gateway "toy" that will lead to other guns. Moreso, in my experience, kids who never learned how to handle a firearm or were always yelled at to stay away from them are the ones who tend to end up shooting themselves or someone else because they didnt know how to properly handle it, and everyone knows ..tell a kid NOT to do something and what is the ONLY they want to do..the exact thing you told them not to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by purplemer

You state this as though the children are in a vacuum. It's the parents responsibility to monitor and correct behaviours that may stem from exposure to violent elements.
As parents abdicate their responsibility to the "state" we see draconian laws that act as over-reaching "parents" to a generations children.
Your argument is based on the parents abdication of their own rights.

I think the argument is based on studies of violence and children.

You can be an advocate for guns but to do so and also ignore statistics because you want to be a cowboy is irresponsible and to stop people who want to show a little maturity and responsibility and teach children it is important to solve problems without resorting to war and violence I think is even more irresponsible.

It is like saying my son does not want to beat up his friend and I am encouraging him..."go ahead and beat up your friend - don't be a pussy! Sometimes you and he are going to disagree or he is going to try and steal something from you and you have to be vigilant. You just have to give your friend a good whipping now and then. Why not just hit this punching bag for a while until you get a little bigger and your friend does something to piss you off."

Oh well, never mind...no way we can teach non-violent solutions anyway...not with 3 wars going on.
edit on 10-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join