It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

DAVID IKE

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There was no such thing like single event or if there was it was 9/11. But before I was looking for UFO photos on many webs. I found that forum and stayed a bit longer. After many conspiracy theories 9/11 was the strongest in my mind. I saw the second plane in tv in live so it's hard go get better motivation.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I guess I was brought up not to believe everything we are told, my father mainly used to give me alternative books and magazines to read about the mysteries of the world. I never really thought much about any of it until I started reading some 9/11 alternative stories (I prefer the term alternative truth to conspiracy theory) and saw the holes appearing in the OS. Since then I have been hooked on looking into the other alternative truths out there about major world and political events and the UK's participation in some of them.
In short then 9/11 opened me up to the alternative theories.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

I grew up in the Vietnam War era and always believed everything I was told. Later, I found out the USA was supporting murderous dictators and assasinating people. This was incredible to me. I also saw a UFO when I was 18 y.o. and told my mother. She dismissed it immediately with the usual explanations even though she wasn't there. Then there was the Kennedy assasination. As I grew older, I came to realize that people's motives are driven by greed 99% of the time. Now, when I examine motives for why people do things, I seem to always be able to find that greed angle in there somewhere. Big pharma, big health care, big business in general, they lie for profit. They cheat for profit. People die for profit. Wars that we thought were over "moral" issues were fought for profit. There are plenty of conspiracies out there, and more coming to light every day.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For me it all started when i first read 'Chariots of the gods.' I must've been about ten, been into ufo's ever since. Nowadays i'm focusing more on gov't conspiracies, so much more to get your teeth into.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

9/11 was what started it for me. Back in the days of Nixon, all was ruined, my belief in the whole system, than Reagan came along and reignited patriotism in me. But after 9/11 it was all shattered again, it remains to be so to this day, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
The patriotism I speak of is the belief in our politicians, that is what is lost. Unless someone with an honest heart and mind comes along, and has the full support of the people, the Republic is finished.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedCynic

I think you hit the nail firmly on the head.

Behind every conspiracy there is a money trail, well worth remembering that. And the money trail usually leads to th usual suspects.

Just look at 9/11 and the wars that came after that, Dick Cheney certainly did alright financially out of it. Profits out of misery, at the cost of millions of life and all the while they are just sat back with their feet up not giving a damn about the victims of either side.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The event that turned me into a conspiracy theorist was the Oklahoma City bombing. When I watched live TV and they were talking about the firefighters finding "secondary explosives" inside the building, then the media going dark on anything related to that. Personally, I think Tim McVeigh is sitting on an island somewhere. His sole purpose was to keep Bill Clinton's administration from being taken over by a Militia led coup. After the Ruby Ridge and Waco murders by Bill Clinton and his goons, Slick Willie had to do something, because the militia was growing at a breakneck pace. They blew up "poor little children" in an effort to make the Militia movement look bad.

What I'd like to know is why we have daycare facilities inside federal buildings (also known as MILITARY TARGETS)? Yet, we criticized Saddam for putting tanks by schools. Seems to me, the federal government likes hiding behind children just as much, if not more than 3rd world dictators like it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For me it started with the Roswell incident, then i started to get interested in secret projects, JFK and other presidents deads, religion etc.
When I firts saw 9/11 on live tv, i knew that what i was watching was another lie to make the "system" work.
I search when someone makes profit. 9/11, suine and bird flu, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq.... Cars that still run with petrol, hunger in the world when nowadays we can even make grow plants on stones if we want.
I can bet with you that the next war is with China... And it gonna start with a civil war.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I always was one, but found out this "condition" (
) had a name, Conspiracy Theorist, after reading a French book called "Le Livre Jaune # 5".

I always wondered why we weren't called Conspiracy Hypothesists, instead of Theorists. Isn't a Theory a proven subject?...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
At the age of 62 I realised that the National Health Service was operating eugenics.
The drugs prescribed for me were designed to produce an early expensive death.
I explored natural medicine and found the attempts to stifle it with Codex Alimentarius.
This naturally led to knowing the corruption of the pharmacutical industry, Georgia Guidestones and Illuminati.
I have learned a lot in the 6 years since, by reading and websearching, whilst I recover from 62 years of toxic poisoning.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
boreDom was the main factoR for me. too much time with nothing to do, led me to look at info i had never read before. i am not a hard core conspiracy nUt. i just like to see what other people are sayinG. it is interesting, but i never put a lot of worth into what i read. most of the time conspiracies are like a Sci-fi novel-they are fun to read, but not taken to heart.

Anywho. I think most people here are not die hard conspiracy theorists. A lot of us feel something is off, but we are not sitting around wearing tinfoil on our heads
If I had to pick a single event it would have to be 9/11. I heard there was a lot of controversy surrounding it, so I went and looked for it.

~Cheers~
edit on 8-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It was a person not an event.

That person was George Bush when he said "Let us never tolerate conspiracy theories". I instantly thought "what is he hiding", and man it did open a whole new can of worms.

Here are a few of the worms I have found.

The tanking dollar is by design, and looks to have started during the first gas hikes under the Bush admin.
(competitive devaluation)
en.wikipedia.org...

Children were raped in front of their mothers to gather intel. Under the Bush admin.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The actual war deaths of US soldiers in the Iraq and Afghan wars exceed the numbers of dead in Vietnam.

Now every time you see something like this they start screaming how the internet is a huge threat.

We are living in occupied America friends!! Our news is censored and anyone that speaks the truth is quickly labled a cracked pot!

The manipulation is so clear to see. We have surrendered our rights to privacy for the sake of security yet our borders remain wide open. A thousand terrorists could walk in here and the only thing standing in their way would be some cacti, and a few rattle snakes.

This has to be the biggest conn in all of history.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I started pretty young. It was maybe a year after 9/11. I was in the 5th grade and something just didn't add up to me . I've always been a smart guy and science and chemistry was my favorite subjects in school so I dug a little deeper. I guess my young brain couldn't fully comprehend the information so I just kind of forgot about it until a few years later when I was 14 and I re-opened the case so to speak. That's when I was a little older and I knew more about chemistry and physics. Then I came to realize the whole Thermite theory and kind of adopted that. Since then I wouldn't say I'm a conspiracy theorist, I'm a conspiracy scholar. I take theories and work them out scientifically to see if I can come out with a logical conclusion.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

The JFK assasination .
Even as a small boy, when I first saw the Zapruder film , I could see something wasn't right ..

I agree with you on this...The first time I read a book on this subject in high school, I was hooked...when I joined the military I took ever class in instruction on combat tactics and it gave me some insight into that and other murders from the 60's....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've actually questioned things since I was a child. However, as an adult, the one event that truly catapulted my need for alternative answers was 9/11....although I am Canadian (and a proud one at that), these attacks shook me to the core. Things just didn't sit right with me, and watching the various news coverages made me question everything that was and wasn't being told.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wait for it...

But in saying that,im not necessarily a conspiracy theorist,well i at-least don't see myself that way.

I just naturally see the flaws in what we are being told and taught,like alot of other people.

Sometimes i don't pick up on it as quick as others subjects and cases,but i eventually get there.
edit on 8-9-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
9/11

... before that, I had no interest in Conspiracies. I didn't say; "UFO's are impossible" or that JFK was killed by a single shooter -- but I wasn't interested in things that I could not verify or prove one way or another.

AFTER 9/11 and watching the Iraq and Afghanistan war propaganda unfold -- I started to research why we got into past wars, and the background of George Bush -- and basically question ALL the things I thought I knew.

>> What I discovered is that, other than MAYBE WW II and the War for Independence -- ALL US WARS AND INVASIONS were due to False Flags. It is standard operating procedure.

I found that OFFICIALLY, JFK was killed as a result of a conspiracy -- and this is NOT a "theory" -- it was a ruling by our own government and a trial of two other suspects that completely flew under the radar of public consciousness. Kennedy's BRAIN would not have gone missing, had the FACTS been as portrayed -- NOR could the Single Shooter have been around to steal it.

>> And the free-fall destruction of the WTC totally hit me as a "demolition" as soon as I witnessed it. I actually DID talk to my wife in 1999 about it being possible to cause a "pancake collapse" in the WTC (we were talking about the previous bombing at the North Tower when we visited it).

Seeing molten YELLOW metal streaming out from parts of the tower -- it meant that this was MOLTEN STEEL -- there isn't any doubt, and it isn't up for debate; molten aluminum is silver-white, and molten steel is yellow -- the same physics that allows us to compute what stars billions of miles away are comprised of works just fine hear on Earth.

Later research informed me that Jet Fuel is Kerosene and does not burn ANY HOTTER than a normal office fire -- it's merely more fuel. In any Building experiencing an office fire -- it's just as hot as the WTC was on 9/11/2001 -- the ONLY difference is Heat Load and time. So the fuel would have only made a greater volume of heat -- not achieved a greater critical temperature than other fires that do not compromise steel structures. Only a flaw in the building design and materials could account for what we saw -- and these FLAWS were no apparent at a previous office fire that burned two floors for hours, or a previous bombing with an entire truck packed with explosives.

ANYWAY,... we've all heard this stuff before.

Even as a kid -- I never believed in Santa Claus -- not that my parents didn't TRY to convince me or that there wasn't AMPLE EVIDENCE of Santa from my peer group -- I'm just wired to NOT BELIEVE in things unless I have some sort of proof. If I don't understand something -- I reserve judgement.

But 9/11 and learning that our government is basically an empire, and that we've all been duped so that Multinational Corporations can use our military to procure cheap resources and cheap labor -- THAT'S what really got me disturbed. 9/11 is NOT a huge catastrophe or loss of life in the scheme of things -- but it is a very big symbolic excuse.

After the Bush administration lied on EVERYTHING, and screwed our economy, and our future -- it is strange to me that some people are SO CONVINCED that the government told the truth about 9/11. The OFFICIAL Committee to investigate, was NOT ALLOWED to document anything that disagreed with the official story -- and the lead investigator wrote a book about the whole thing being a sham.

>> After 9/11 -- I wonder why ANYONE still thinks some of these Conspiracies are even a theory anymore. What is wrong with people that they are psychologically predisposed to go with the herd -- whatever the heard is led to believe on a given day?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nothing in particular,it all started when I inadvertently started to look into human nature when I started reading things about humans I could not belive.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

conspiracy whatist?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join