It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No drama here. Read "The Da Vinci Code" and that led to reading "Angles and Demons" and that led to goggling "the Illuminati", that led to 9/11 stuff like "In Plane Site" and "Loose Change" and the rest is history or at least what I think history is.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Hmmm...initially for me it was when I started having children. I just had this gut feeling regarding immunizations. I started investigating them, talking with a family member who works for a 3 letter organization and is a micro-biologist. That was my turning point.

After that it was religion, although I always had MAJOR questions about things growing up.

Then 9/11 came along. Never bought that story.

Final nail in the coffin (that landed me here) was when Obama claimed to have killed Osama - YEAH RIGHT!
edit on 7-9-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

I want to add a bit more information regarding 9/11. That day ,I lived 45 minutes away from WTC. My 3 oldest children were in school. I was home with my 2 youngest children...I had just had baby # 5 a few months prior. My 3 year old was watching tv after getting the 3 older children on the bus. I was dealing with my baby who cried since birth.

The phone rang, I sat holding the baby and decided to let the machine pick up the call. I could hear my sisters voice come over the answering machine, telling me to turn on the tv, sh*t was happening in NYC. Well..I didn't pay attention, my sister tends to freak at a hang nail.

A few minutes later, my mom called me from Florida, I was still feeding the baby trying to get him to sleep...I heard her message come across the answering machine saying "turn on the news! The WTC has been hit!"....I thought WTF? So I told my 3 year old to bring me the remote...I turned on the local network...I saw the coverage and couldn't believe my eyes.

I put the baby down in his crib..I called my mom in Florida. I turned on Blue's Clue's for my daughter...went upstairs and turned on the t.v. in my bedroom...sitting talking to my mom, we both gasped at the 2nd tower being hit. We couldn't believe what we were seeing!

After that, I was a bit numb. I was hearing local news reporting that there were reports of more air craft still in the air. I told my mom I had to go to retrieve my children from school...I wanted them home with me.

As I was getting ready to leave to pick up my children from school, the phone rang. It was my older brother who was beside himself. He told me that he dropped off his wife at Logan that morning around 7:15, before work. She was heading to LA as usual. They had got into an argument on the way to the airport. He was angry at her for taking to long dropping their kids off at the sisters house. It was going to make him late for work now that he had to drop her off at the airport.

He (my brother) was stuck in traffic on his way to work and had heard some of the news on the radio.He wanted me to confirm if what he heard was correct...that flight 11 from Logan International Airport, had crashed. I had been trying to get ready to leave and pick up my children from school, I was watching the images across the screen, yet was numb and not hearing what they were saying. It was too close for comfort, too close to home.

I sat for a few minutes waiting to hear what information I could. At around 9 or so, I heard the flight announced that my brothers wife was on, had hit the towers. My heart sank...how do I tell him this? He knows he dropped her off for her LA flight....but I had to confirm (to my brother who is normally very calm, and isn't typically emotional) that his wife's flight went into the tower.

I told him what had been announced on the tv. He started to cry. He said he was getting off the next exit and turning around to go pick up the kids from the sitters. At that point he had to go. I'm sure he didn't want me to hear him cry.

I left to pick up my kids at school. I was numb. It was bad enough that this was happening so close to home...but now my sister-in-law was one of the passengers on that flight that hit the towers. I arrived at the kids school, and the staff was buzzing in the hallway. I asked to have my kids released for the day. I told a few of the teachers who asked what I had heard on the news...I told them about the air craft hitting the 2 towers, and how my sister-in-law was on one of the flights.

I got my children, hugged them and went home to continue watching the coverage. The kids wanted to know why I took them out of school. They didn't understand. They were too young at the time. They saw the images on the news. I had to explain to them that their Aunt M was on that flight that hit the towers. My parents and I were hurting for my brother and their children.

Eventually, later that afternoon, I got a call that my sister-in-law had missed the flight. from Logan to LA. By the time she got checked in, and to the gate, she was to late to board Flight 11. She was put on another flight. When she reached LA, she heard the news about the attacks. She called my brother to let him know that she had missed the original flight, and was placed on the next flight. What a relief that she was alright.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The moment I became a conspiracy theorist was when I was born, the damn doctor slapped my ass... Ive always wondered, couldnt he just tickled me to see if I was alive???

But seriously, everyone human is born with the need, the hunger to feed their brain with information... always questioning if its right, if whats right could be better, then how can that be better....
We are brought up on a system that is driven to make us followers, workers, slaves..... thats what dilutes the brain, it causes people to just give up on HOW GREAT tommorrow could be, and just settle for getting food on the table and keeping a roof over you head....

If 10% of the US stood up and organized PEACEFULLY things would change in a very short time....

A THEORY IS ONLY A THEORY UNTIL IT IS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY VARIBLE IS TIME

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Good thread, it really made me think hard to remember when i first starting educating into these topics..

I guess a number of points in my life made me grow into these topics, but most definitely the x-files played a role when i was young and after reading Tim Lahaye's books "Left Behind" and "Babylon Rising" (Knowing it's a fiction roman, but still a great story and not entirely impossible) i really started getting interested.

Nowadays, in my line of work i come across certain topics that are being kept secret to the public, making the fact solid that there are things being kept secret or on a need to know basis (Don't worry, nothing scary so far.. ;p).

Knowing that things aren't always told as they really are (And having proof), does open doors in a way "If they lie about this, then it's not impossble they lie about that too" kinda way of thinking..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
What Particular incident turned me into a conspiracy theorist?
None.. I have always been paranoid and delusional

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My dad always has been a conspiracy nut, I was raised believing in big foot and loch ness and all that stuff..
My mother would shake her head and tell me "your fathers crazy" ..but my imagination loved the ideas of strange beasts and aliens living among us.

So I'v pretty much always have been a conspiracy theorist... have always asked questions and wondered why.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I was super close to my grandma who would always talk to me about stuff that happened in her time, that she found fishy.

I guess you can say I inherited it then.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I was awakened by the 1995 oklahoma bombing conspiracies, after 9/11 i decided to leave USA and renounce american citizenship,because our govt was a fascist entity by then.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
When I think about it, the first REAL moment for me was back in 1990 before my Unit went to Iraq, I was in the regular US Army. Long story I don't want to reveal too much of, there was a "special" shot being given at the end of all the regular shots, the person giving it knew me, he warned me, we decided to "say" I got the shot. Almost everyone in my unit came down with "Gulf War Syndrome". I have had no problems. It was enough to convince me of a lot.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

That's the main reason i'm afraid of getting those shots when i have to go get em before i goto afganistan or some other place! I'm glad you got warned, because i read those shots were full of crap that caused the syndrome..

The same is now with that mexican flu shot, they have to take before going on a mission, but i'd be damn to take that one!

Same as with the radar installations can have an increased effect to cause health problems and the goverments never admit it.. (Atleast the dutch goverment doesn't admit it while other countries do!)

There are probably alot more examples to these subjects, but those are for another thread! ;-)
edit on 8-9-2011 by Elexio because: extra line of text

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The tipping point for me was when I read the 'I'm an elite family insider who you despise' thread a few years ago.
I pretty much read through that with my mouth open!

Then came the 'Hidden Hand' discourse. Again, mouth open.

Before that though even as a kid I had the feeling constantly that something wasnt right. Asking in school about religion and thinking, 'hang on a sec, what the hell are you talking about?'

Loved the x-files! Ha!
My Grandmother actually wrote a book years ago about a ghost that has been seen many times near where I'm from. Talking to her when I was a kid was interesting! (She wasnt wierd though, totally scientific! She was also a teacher)

My Dad is an encyclopaedia about WW1 + 2 and when I started talking and learning about these things, the level of cover ups, propaganda and the glaringly apparent inclination that humans have towards destroying each other lead me to believe that everything is NOT right with the world!

Plus the media...not a fan of the media....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It started when I was 5. I was raised in a religious household, and from early on had mixed feeling about the majority of it. I was constantly aware of ghosts/spirits being present in every home we lived in. Sometimes the sightings were pretty intense. My mom also had sightings/experiences, but I wouldn't learn about those until I was about 10 or so. They involved for her a Native American ancestor of ours (I believe her great-grandfather. Her grandmother was Cherokee.) But the "icing on the cake" was an other-wordly encounter I had when I was five. This humanoid being was in my room in the middle of the night. It was also my first OOBE experience, and it sure as heck wasn't voulintary. When the being finally left, I screamed for my parents. My dad was the one who came to my call, and he dismissed the whole thing as being a "sleep-deprived kid seeing things." I recall something having to do with my religion at that time being a factor of why the sighting couldn't be real. I KNOW it was not a dream. I've had one more encounter that I shared with a roommate that was other-worldly. I was 26 at that time. I am now 29. Between all the ghosts/spirits and the "being", and all the religious lies I was told, I knew from that early age that conspiracies have their truths. This is also what made me eventually become an Athiest.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Life.

It just does not make sense, evern with the number of people claiming to know it all.

It does not make sense.

none of it.

So, what reason is there?

Thats why I bother, because I'll go batnut insane just accepting it all at face value.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

For me it was Roswell, JFK assasination, First moon landing and later on found out that I cant believe anything Ive been told!
In fact the first for me was the Santa Claus

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
For me it was the first Gulf War, then the 2nd made me even more suspecious, then the OBL fiasco back in 2001. I think it was around 2005 when I started putting all the dots together.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
The JFK assasination .
Even as a small boy, when I first saw the Zapruder film , I could see something wasn't right .

That's what did it for me too.

Since then (around 1980) I've learned that there are many, many things that are not as many people would like you to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
CALLING REPORTERS AT THE SUN UK NEWSPAPER & ASKING THEM WHAT TIME DID THEY HEAR ABOUT 9/11 & THEN REMINDING THEM THAT THE USA IS 5 HOURS BEHIND I THINK A FEW QUIT THAT DAY

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
When I started reading about religions.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

And honestly, given the fervor and caps, you're a trouble maker.

I dont want.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Growing up, Unsolved Mysteries was one of my favorite shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join