It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
here's a few more cool people,

sorry, just love joni

edit on 8-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Canadians are #ing awesome in my book. The bacon, the Snow mobiles, the igloos, the Elks, the Avril Lavigne, the women..

Oh yes, I love Canada. You guys are cool as all hell. This poll is bollocks.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Canada is one of the biggest countries with one of the lowest populations.

It has tons of natural resources and doesn't have to be afraid of their neighbor, Russia.

Canadians "hate" the US military but they sure seem to like spending all their money on social programs instead of defense.

I grew up on a beach in Florida, invaded seasonally by our northern neighbors, and I can happily say that there are some serious hotties up there.

It seems to me like Canada is America's little bro. Doesn't have it too tough, can count on protection, goes through life the happy-go-lucky, never bothered anybody type. They don't have any serious issues which leaves them fun things to think about...like beer and hockey. It doesn't lead to a leadership role on the world stage perhaps, but it certainly shouldn't cause a hit to your "cool factor"...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
They don't have any serious issues which leaves them fun things to think about...like beer and hockey. It doesn't lead to a leadership role on the world stage perhaps, but it certainly shouldn't cause a hit to your "cool factor"...
Perhaps you've noticed of late that 'World Leadership' is both ephemeral and over-rated. Chill, dude...have a brew.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Perhaps you've noticed of late that 'World Leadership' is both ephemeral and over-rated. Chill, dude...have a brew.

Of course I have! The "World Leadership" has made a serious muck-up of everything entirely! And Canada had nothing to do with it.

Certainly not a hit to Canada's cool factor to me. And if the rest of the world was like Canada, it would be a way cooler place!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Certainly not a hit to Canada's cool factor to me. And if the rest of the world was like Canada, it would be a way cooler place!

Amen to that brother!

That being said we are not perfect. Our government is corrupt, weather sucks in most locations, and even though our dollar is worth more things are more expensive...etc.

Compared to most places, I really feel lucky to be in Canada.
BTW, I spent 5 years down in Middle Georgia. The Southern Americans are some of the nicest people I have ever met

edit on 8-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
IMO being considered cool is just a sign that you are "popular" like the guy who wore mirrored sunglasses in high school (guess I just aged myself). It also means that you are a conformist, because to be cool you have to hang with the others who wear mirrored glasses.

Being a proud Canadian, I'm quite happy with the results of this poll.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

Nickleback is the epitome of uncool.

Are you kidding me?

That frontman is such a tool and whats with the fake voice straining thing he does?

How about Michael J Fox? Now there was an ultra cool guy in the 80's and nowadays seems like at least a real nice guy.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow, quite enlightening. It would appear that most Canadians are correct when they assume American's don't know two shats about Canada.

We're completely unimportant are we? Ya, ok then, lets stop the water, fuel and electricity imports to the US. Guess what happens then? Half of the US infrastructure collapses. how about we start charging a fair price for the oil produced from the tar sands, instead of giving the US the deal of a life time? Yup, your whole war machine stops instantly. And this doesn't even touch on the technology sector.

But really, I think the definition of "cool" is to not be sitting around arguing how cool you are. Canada spends a ton on defense, most of which is wasted right now fighting AMERICAN wars. We don't feel the need to wander around the planet shouting:

"God bless Canada, and no where else!"
"We're number 1!!!!"
"USA USA USA!"

See, we'd rather live happy fulfilling lives, than blast around waving flags 24/7. It is true, to the outside stand point, Canada does not appear to be patriotic. Well we are, you just don't happen to see it. We don't need a new "branding" because we really don't give two craps what anyone else thinks.

Especially the US. Anyone remember when CANADIANS invaded the US and burnt the whitehouse down? It happened, google it. We don't care what you think as you wave your flags while your country collapses.

Canada is at the top of most best places to live lists for various reasons.

I'd rather have you thinking I'm uncool while I go see a doctor and get treated without mortgaging my home. I'd rather sit back being "little USA" while our infrastructure is revamped while yours completely collapses.

Canada might not be cool, but at least we aren't being played the fool.

Wave your flag, feel good about it, but make damn sure you don't actually get involved.

don't you see? The American Patriotism is a drug. It helps you ignore situations, and helps them steer you towards whatever direction they want (war).

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You obviously like a very cool band.
Did you see the benefit show happening next Wednesday in Vermont (which is pretty close to Canada I should remind folks)?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

LOL Phisshy!

You are one of those members that you and I usually agree on all subjects, yet we always find small points to bicker about. Kind of odd if you ask me.

As for your post. Bang on!

Our lumber, water, electricity...etc. Is necessary for the USA to operate. If we cut them off they would be screwed and need to invade us
we have plenty of other major markets willing to invest in our export industry.

I wonder if they thought about that while they took the poll.

Cheers.

PS: in no way whatsoever do I condone cutting resources from our lovable American neighbors.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hilarious
Roller skates...invented by a belgian
Duct tape...developed by Americans
Therapeutic insulin...developed by Germans
Insulin...a naturally occuring hormone

Great sense of humour...definitly attributed to Canadians.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

Did you hear the newest conspiracy?

Russia is making the claim of being the inventors of Maple Syrup. I wonder if this is to help strengthen their flame to the Arctic

LOL JK obviously. Screw all those copycats with all their lame inventions.

Hockey season is starting soon, come October we won't care about anything until the playoffs are over. ATS prepare yourself for the sudden disappearance of many Canadian members.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What are you talking about. I'm Canadian

I'm Fresh

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Define "cool" please.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Define "cool" please.

Cool = Canadian

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok well no offense meant to anyone on my part, just some fun at all's expense.

Dont think that my country's patriotic fervor and self righteousness doesn't alarm more than a few of its own citizens.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You should take no offense. The uncool seem to be the happiest and the most succesful.

Sometimes I wish i wasn't so cool.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Living in Canada most my life, I have experienced Canada to be very cool, especially in the winter. It's too cool to handle for most!

PS- Poland invented Wodka.

I think that should make Polaks automatically cool, they are the life of parties, and there wouldn't be any "cool" parties if it weren't for the greatest tasting wodka in the world

(had to throw that tidbit in here, lol.)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Since when did geographical lines on the planet become a popularity contest in need of acknowledgement ?

Ah well, guess I missed the memo while I was occupying my time with relaxing on the back deck, having a beer, munching on some back bacon, listening to The Tragically Hip, and laughing at my neighbour attempting to duct tape his bbq back together while his stupid chihuahua dog humps his leg.

... okay, so what was the question again ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join