Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I actually have a closet full of business economics, financial management, and Marketing... tons more. All text books from exams I have passed with flying colors
(sorry wasn't trying to brag)

You are right though, the debt ceiling does effect everyone. My comment was more of a badly thought out joke towards mr sensitive under pants who blared in here complaining about the thread.

fair enough, and i wasnt trying to get snarky, just found it interesting that you would say that it doesnt matter....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Canadians are cool, without them I wouldnt be able to laugh at South Parks vision of them with their trash can, flappy heads and little beady eyes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

ATS motto should be "BLAME CANADA!"

JK ATS, Deny Ignorance is a much better motto
edit on 7-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Any Canuck that gets bent out of shape on this isn't Canadian. Unless it's overt and shoved down your throat:

That can be annoying. Btw, I grew up on Vancouver Island and been to Tofino, many time. There's more there than just beaches and such but listing more would be against the T&C.
Besides, I'll quote an American poet:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Ok fine but you're still like our underachieving little brother who spends all his time goofing around at the lodge bungling his own misadventures.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Ok fine but you're still like our underachieving little brother who spends all his time goofing around at the lodge bungling his own misadventures.

You mean like that little thing that happened a while ago? What was it? Global recession? That we barely noticed?

We're not all the MacKenzie brothers:

Lots of us but not all.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

thanks for sharing more of your fascinating history, prior to that video I had learned all I knew of Canada from watching pirated Trailer Park Boys. still trying to find it on the map is it sometimes spelled wisconsin?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Trailer Park Boys? That's my home town. No really. Metro Halifax, Nova Scotia. Aside from the guns it's pretty accurate.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You're right...we're not all the Mackenzies, but I have sooooo much fun perpetuating the stereotype. One thing about us Canucks, hardly any of us are anal-retentive and most of us have a great sense of humor. Must be that Great Canadian beer that keeps our cabooses loose, eh?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

doh now I am envious
dont tell anyone but secretly I love Canada

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

doh now I am envious
dont tell anyone but secretly I love Canada

Sorry, as a staffer here I have to report you to Homeland Security.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sure I imagine, we're too into our good medical and service system, have a good banking system (somewhat), employment still exist, have most of the resources, AND peaceful. SO much cooler to be one of the Darth Vaders Crew Eh.

I guess definitions are individual for what COOL means, and what HONOR is (looking after your own with equality and ehtics and compassion and fairness) and What It Means To Really Grow Up!

I know juvenile teenagers like to go around they're so COOL. Selifsh brats that harm others are Just Juveniles!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe there is are any cool Japanese or Chinese. Very nice of course but its impossible for an Asian male to be cool. Just doesnt work.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Lighten up man. It a poll of 30K people in a 7 bill. world. Nothing to get ones panties, or jock strap, in a bunch.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Asagi- Corvinus

Some of his songs are about redemption, or a longing for it, and he has wonderful opera training, falsetto. Beautiful voice and very interesting.

Penicillin - New Future [PV]

Hakeui again

machine - RED SUNDANCE (subbed)

Define Cool!
edit on 7-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This poll is all wrong.

I am Canadian.

I am Cool (obviously because I'm from the frozen north)

I don't have an accent, but then again I never have...here in America my American friends will find out I'm Canadian and suddenly tack 'eh' onto the end of every sentence they say to me, Oh they're so clever.
Funny thing is they would never have known I was Canadian if I hadn't told them in the first place.

How does a line drawn on a map make somebody uncool or cool? Beats me...Well, unless we're talking temperature then I totally understand.
edit on 7-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Canada has the best shows, comedians, and some of the best bands

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Shows maybe - (I loved TPB but cant watch much else)
comedians - yes
Singers and bands - hell no. That is one area when Canada is seriously uncool.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yea thats the whole deal. How do we define cool? The videos you posted could certainly be considered "cool" music.

I think black men and woman are the coolest, as someone mentioned already. I think the term has a lot to do with 1950's music and black people were a huge influence on what the kids liked.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Every Canadian I have met has been as cool as can be. Kind, polite, down to earth, and a great sense of humor! My kind of people!

I love ya, my northern brothers and sisters!

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join