Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Looks like we told those pollsters where to stuff it!
We totally prove how cool Canada is in this thread

Well...you know how it goes. We is who we is. If others wish to regard it as 'cool', then I hope it makes their day a little brighter. What matters is whether we are happy about ourselves, and by and large, it seems we are.

We are the Frozen Chosen!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
UhOh I think we made them mad now
I was joking Canada Joking!

Was Canada mocked one too many times at the last UN meeting/G20 powwow? Because they seem to be satisfying a serious manpower inferiority complex with plenty of…blimppower. The floating objects are NOT blimps, says Hybrid Air Vehicles, the company that makes them and is selling 45 to Canadian flight company Discovery Air—they’re lighter-than-air vessels. But they look pretty blimpy to us. And combined with the Canadian military’s recent purchase of a prototype stealth (wait for it) snowmobile,

source

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Canada dident burn the White House, the BRITISH burned the White House in 1812 in retaliation for the US attack on Toronto ... Canada was a British colony until 1867 (and Newfoundland until 1949), additionally Canada did not become truly independent until they became a separate kingdom under the Statue of Westminster in 1931. Canadian independence was a gradual process that evolved over time starting with federation in 1867 and ending with the Canada Act of 1982 establishing Canada as completely independent from the United Kingdom except for the shared monarchy. At any rate the Canadian born and Canadian appointed Governor General (currently David Johnson) is the real head of state, he/she just acts in the name of the King/Queen of Canada (currently Elizabeth II). Any actions performed by the Queen or the Governor General are done only on the advice of the elected Canadian government.

Canadians don't even know their own history ....
edit on 9-9-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Canadian independence was a gradual process that evolved over time starting with federation in 1867 and ending with the Canada Act of 1982 establishing Canada as completely independent from the United Kingdom except for the shared monarchy. At any rate the Canadian born and Canadian appointed Governor General (currently David Johnson) is the real head of state, he/she just acts in the name of the King/Queen of Canada (currently Elizabeth II). Any actions performed by the Queen or the Governor General are done only on the advice of the elected Canadian government.

Wanna bet? The Canada Act and the resulting constitution has yet to be ratified because Quebec won't go along with it. Secondly the previous GG wasn't born here. She was born in Haiti. If you're going to diss someone, better get the facts straight.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well you have to believe a poll, I mean it
is scientific, and accurate to the t right?

The funny thing reading this thread is all
the Canadians defending their *cool* status

Who cares about being cool?
So what if Canadians are not so hip..
Not the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
UhOh I think we made them mad now
I was joking Canada Joking!

Was Canada mocked one too many times at the last UN meeting/G20 powwow? Because they seem to be satisfying a serious manpower inferiority complex with plenty of…blimppower. The floating objects are NOT blimps, says Hybrid Air Vehicles, the company that makes them and is selling 45 to Canadian flight company Discovery Air—they’re lighter-than-air vessels. But they look pretty blimpy to us. And combined with the Canadian military’s recent purchase of a prototype stealth (wait for it) snowmobile,

source

Hahahaahha. just when I thought it couldn't get any funnier

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Dear Canada,

I want you to try real hard to get this through your bear conceived, hockey puck damaged, sun starved and maple addled minds; You can never be better at anything than America is at everything.

Now I want you to fall backwards into the snow and stand back up, look behind you at the shallow impression you have left there, this is similar to what we would call a shadow. Notice how this snow shadow resembles your body yet lacks the fine details and most of the individual characteristics that make you, you. Imagine that this snow shadow could follow you and mimic your movements but never achieve any of those fine details. (Use a flashlight if you need to, but try not to kill any penguins ok?)

Excellent if you have successfully completed the above exercise and somehow managed the concept of a shadow through the eighty-five layers you have to wear just to keep warm then you have begun to understand your cultural place in this world.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I'm assuming that is sarcasm.

Hey, is that a bowl of Kraft Dinner in your avatar?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Come on guys, your bacon comes in a can...what could be more uncool then that?

It can be tasty though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
bunch of hoser ahe , they dont know what ther talken aboot

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by iforget

I'm assuming that is sarcasm.

Hey, is that a bowl of Kraft Dinner in your avatar?

ROFL

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that the United States and Canada are in a war of the most annoying.
The United States drew first blood with the Miley Cyrus. Canada returned fire with the brutal Justin Bieber. However I believe the United States has won the war with it's latest creation. The Rebecca Black.
If Canada can top that I'm afraid the world may not survive.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Canada dident burn the White House, the BRITISH burned the White House in 1812 in retaliation for the US attack on Toronto ...

Actually? It was York at the time, not Toronto.
I know that cuz I know my history.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Ummm think you forgot coffee crisp. Just sayin!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OK i Know I've been playin the fool in this thread but take a look at this

In 1930, a mere nine years before the outbreak of World War Two, America drew up proposals specifically aimed at eliminating all British land forces in Canada and the North Atlantic, thus destroying Britain's trading ability and bringing the country to its knees.
Previously unparalleled troop movements were launched as an overture to an invasion of Canada, which was to include massive bombing raids on key industrial targets and the use of chemical weapons, the latter signed off at the highest level by none other than the legendary General Douglas MacArthur. In 1935, America staged its largest-ever military manoeuvres, moving troops to and installing munitions dumps at Fort Drum, half an hour away from the eastern Canadian border.
It was from here the initial attack on British citizens would be launched, with Halifax, Nova Scotia, its first target. 'This would have meant six million troops fighting on America's eastern seaboard,' says Peter Carlson, editor of American History magazine. It would have been like Verdun,' alluding to the brutal conflict between German and French troops in 1916 which resulted in a death toll of 306,000.

source

makes you think now doesnt it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We'll I think both North America can top it as apparently Rebecca Black wants to duet with Justin Bieber, it will be just awful.

But these days both sides of music suck since everything is autotuned anyways.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I love Canadians but they have always seemed 'uncool' for some reason. I think it's the slow speech that gets me. That may not even be a real thing just my perception.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I love Canadians but they have always seemed 'uncool' for some reason. I think it's the slow speech that gets me. That may not even be a real thing just my perception.

Then how come we make such good American newscasters...like Peter Jennings and John Roberts?

Maybe it is because...we...talk...real...slow.
edit on 20-9-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: 'good' and 'goof' are not synonymous

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

You're actually right, America will always be #1 in owing a debt of $15 Trillion Dollars, and I bet you that total is incorrect because we all know that America is the most corrupt government in the world so have fun with being an American. By the way I'm not even the slightest bit mad, just thought I should let you know why myself and every other Canadian is proud to be a Canadian. So please just stop with the typical Jargon's....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rkoje18

OK
sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join