Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MissConstrood

Did you hear the newest conspiracy?

Russia is making the claim of being the inventors of Maple Syrup. I wonder if this is to help strengthen their flame to the Arctic

LOL JK obviously. Screw all those copycats with all their lame inventions.

Hockey season is starting soon, come October we won't care about anything until the playoffs are over. ATS prepare yourself for the sudden disappearance of many Canadian members.

the squirrels invented maple syrup.

they make the maple trees bleed, the water evaporates leaving maple sugar on the tree.
then they eat it in winter.
humans are just copy cats.
edit on 8-9-2011 by citizen6511 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Ah well, guess I missed the memo while I was occupying my time with relaxing on the back deck, having a beer, munching on some back bacon, listening to The Tragically Hip, and laughing at my neighbour attempting to duct tape his bbq back together while his stupid chihuahua dog humps his leg.

Sounds like a plan!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
canada is a Peaceful nation,unlike usa. thats good for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for clearing that up for me

I only buy Canadian maple syrup

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its not aboot how cool you are...
its aboot how well you do

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The Canadians I know are definitely some of the best human beings on the planet, but I don't think they'd be described as cool (except for the French Canadiens I know).
Maybe aspiring to coolness is lame.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Depends on the Canadian...

Neil Young is cool, and he was born in Canada.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

I'm half French Canadian. Does that make me cool?

Hope my Irish half doesn't take away from my coolness.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Neil Young is awesome. I had the chance to see him play live in Ottawa in 1996 or 1997, so far back can't remember the exact year. He was pretty old even back then and he threw one hell of a show.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How can a country define a person, everyone has their own style.

"If everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at each other" - Groove Armada
edit on 8-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If the Irish half is northern, then you've got a step ahead toward cool.
If it's southern, well, could be another statistical improbability of coolness, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, after all, I'm New York born with Southern Irish/ Southern Spanish/ Unclassified European blood living in the South.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

My Irish ancestors came here from County Cork. During late 1800's. I think they landed in Halifax, and ended up in Montreal.

French side came here in 1640.

I consider myself Canadian, but also acknowledge my ancestors.

Canada is the melting pot of all the cultures of the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Personally speaking, I think that Canadians can't decide whether they want to be American or British, and they've merged into an awkward mix of the two. It seems to me that Canada doesn't appear to have forged an overriding national identity, unlike some of our other colonial outposts, like Australia.

Puberty is long and hard in the cold. We'll grow out of it

I actually find it ironic that Canada has such a low-key approach to outwardly expressing their nationality, considering that their biggest historical influences have been the British, the Americans and the French - probably the three biggest ''blow their own trumpet'' nationalities in the world !

Nothing unusual about this at all. As with most families it is typical for the child to rebel againts its parents (UK & France). But, as we age, we will probably become more similar to our older sibiling (USA) much to the worlds regret.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am pleased to see this thread didn't devolve into a bickering match.
I just have to point out a thing or three. Yes, we are very much British AND very much American. Is that not an identity of it's own? Secondly, Nickleback DOES suck. What's the matter with you people. Now, this is cool.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I always wondered if Canada's identity crisis is a product of our population density.

We are not so much a country of 34 mill as we are pockets of a few million here, multiple million there, etc. Leads to the 'multiple personalities' found coast to coast and diminishes the 'Canadianism' as a whole due to the disparities across.

Basically, we have no unified 'Canadian Identity' becasue we are spread so thin that we have multiple 'Canadian Idenitities' all of a small enough population to be largely ignored.

Anyhoo...back to the jokes.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes. I was very pleased how jolly this went. I got a few good laughs out of it. Don't see that much around here lately. And all the fun was at Canada's expense. I guess we were due for our fair share.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I had no idea Rush and Neil Young were Canadian
That totally makes up for Celine Dion and pushes Canada way up the cool'ometer imo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

hometown boy.

and don't forget all the cool tv series shot up there!!

sctv?

let's keep the love going! lol!

hoser!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
hell yeah!

everyone forget?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Looks like we told those pollsters where to stuff it!

We totally prove how cool Canada is in this thread

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join