It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US wants to buy HIGHLY LETHAL VIRUS from Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
The question is : did this request actually come from the U.S. Army??? Seems like the German gov't. is questioning this as well.

From your link:

The enclosed end use certificate is on the letterhead of the U.S. Army. The required official seal is missing, however. A decision about the export has not yet been made. Given the foregoing, we would appreciate confirmation that the end use certificate really is from the Department of the Army and of the accuracy of the data contained therein.

I highly doubt that some individuals approached the german government, asking for the deadliest viruses. Of course it was the US Army as stated in the cable

you can't state that with such certainty..
your own source doesn't know, so how can you?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
US Army wanting weapons of mass destruction?

www.icrc.org...

The international community banned the use of chemical and biological weapons after World War 1 and reinforced the ban in 1972 and 1993 by prohibiting the development, stockpiling and transfer of these weapons. Today’s advances in life sciences and biotechnology, aimed to benefit mankind, have increased concern that long-standing restraints on the use of chemical and biological weapons may be ignored or eroded.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

It may not be the US Army-the Germans are not yet convinced as the seal is missing off the letter,it could just be some total bastard terrorists or false flaggers ,trying to get their hands on the bio agents.

This needs looking into by experts IMO-this could be big.
Hellas may have just rooted out a very significant cable indeed.

Again-is it possible to find out the delivery location of the potential sale?
This could reveal if its going to a legit US Army location,or some other address.
Some agency or other should look into that I would have thought.

edit on 6/9/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Isnt this a launch on the 9th?

contagionmovie.warnerbros.com...#/trailer

or is it all just a leak to make the imaginary terrorist threat seem like its still real. those wikilinks are probably just a honeypot with fekes used to follow a trail. We had similar bogus files (financial topics) that were absolute fakes and gibberish in ours.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
This gave me chills....
Especially the part about using it to make recombinant viruses.....I can't think of ANY reason when a recombinant of any of these deadly viruses would be a good thing.

The logic is actually simple enough to understand for why, and that makes it worse not better. They'd make those variants to find ways to combat those variants by saying AQ or some other NGO was "reported" to be working on producing their own versions. I'd bet it's like so much that happened in the Cold War though. If they made those, we'd wind up having them and finding no one else ever did anyway. Another nightmare created just because we 'can'.

Personally, if any of the Hemorrhagic fevers are reported to break out and actually spread in the U.S., there are still areas to get clear away from other human beings for a few months while it burns itself out. Apparently the nightmare bugs always do, by their very nature..or so I've read.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Research "Colloidal silver" kills all known bacteria, pathengens, viruses (even HIV).. why do you think silver has a high value?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I wiki'd all the viruses just to see what they did and wiki says this:

The Machupo Virus

"Weaponization

Bolivian hemorrhagic fever was one of three hemorrhagic fevers and one of more than a dozen agents that the United States researched as potential biological weapons before the nation suspended its biological weapons program"

en.wikipedia.org...
But the source cited is a dead link.
edit on 9/6/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i read a book about ebola and marburg's once.

the world would be #ed in days if that crap ever gets out

edit:

just to give you some idea of how wonderful Ebola/Marburgs is.

It's a filovirus. that means, when it meets your good cells, it copies itself into that and replaces it with it's lethal one, taking your cell and making it a part of the virus.

The first thing it does is attack your brain. Curiously, it knows exactly the parts of your brain to attack in order to shutdown the parts of you that make up errr you, keeping vital function parts alive. It takes out all of the rest of your body, again except for vital organs, until such time that it has taken everything that still makes you function .. you bleed from EVERY orifice, horrifically dying.

thats not the best part tho... right before it eats every last part of you, including the vital stuff (or rather it liquefies you), it sends your body into violent convulsions that make blood, sweat and ultimately infected particles fly into the air, or anyone nearby who's trying to care for you.

If it got into a major airport, they reckon 70-80% the entire world would go within a month or two.

have a nice day x
edit on 6-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you guys all BLIND? Don´t you see what this means? This means that all those horrible viruses plaguing the world over the last few years was actually MADE by the goverment! This was their "Test zones", with expendable humans in Zaire(EBOLA) for example.

And you guys are worried what will happen? Give me a break. This is beyond evil.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I know from reading "The Hot Zone" that the us army has had possession of those virus' for a while now. Therefor why would they 'need' to get them from Germany?
By the way HI! I'm new here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
its nice to be in the sucker class that wakes up every morning at 6:00 am, working 8 long hours, 5 days a week, with little thanks, much less appreciation, funding the lives and privilege of ungrateful politicians and military officials who then proceed to use your hard work to fund things that may or may not destroy another human being.

its great to be part of this system.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Can a mod PLEASE change it to HIGHLY LETHAL VIRUS!?? PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That might be the scariest list of viruses (isn't the plural virii? it says that is not a word) on Earth.
Anyone interested in those types of virus (hemorrhagic fevers) should read "the Hot Zone"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Great so when everyone is down in the bunker they will unleash some cleansers into the world to make sure they won't be killed by the masses when they attempt to emerge.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

That might be the scariest list of viruses (isn't the plural virii?

The plural of virus is vira.

Edit to add:
ok, in english, the plural of virus is actually viruses. Vira is Scandinavian. My mistake.

Edit 2:
reply to post by superman2012

Fixed
edit on Tue 6 Sep 2011 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

A filovirus doesn't mean what you stated, it has separate criteria as listed on wiki. What you said though does apply to all viruses. As far as 70-80%...I don't buy it. The most lethal viruses are the least deadly, as is sometimes pointed out. A deadly virus that has an immediate onset and leaves you dead in a couple days has less opportunity to spread to new hosts, so in some sense they burn themselves out. Could have been far worse viruses sometime in the past, but being a bad virus doesn't bode well for survival.

You would think the US already has these viruses, as another poster pointed out.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
nvmd
edit on 6-9-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
The question is : did this request actually come from the U.S. Army??? Seems like the German gov't. is questioning this as well.

From your link:

The enclosed end use certificate is on the letterhead of the U.S. Army. The required official seal is missing, however. A decision about the export has not yet been made. Given the foregoing, we would appreciate confirmation that the end use certificate really is from the Department of the Army and of the accuracy of the data contained therein.

A further thought. Don't you think that we already have the genetic code for these?
Not only that, but we probably have some that no one else has.
However, if some of this is true, then who is attempting to "look" like the US Army and obtain these "bugs" and for what end?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Cool. When I was younger I could have sworn it was "virii," but all over the net I've seen "viruses."
I don't know where I got that from. The more you know I guess.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well maybe you got confused with Fungus - Fungi.

Anyhow, this is something big IMO. I also have found another cable that has to do with the Australian Group (AG). I don't really know who they are and what they do. This is the first time I heard of them.

In this one they are talking about chemical warfare agents and what is needed to manufacture them!!!

Excerpts of the cable:

(SBU) The manufacturing process for many chemical warfare agents can be extremely caustic, requiring equipment that is made of specialized corrosion and heat-resistant materials. To help limit the proliferation of chemical weapons, the 40-country AG has agreed to require government permission for exports of this specialized chemical production equipment.

(SBU) To prepare for such an event, we are proposing that AG participants assemble a group of experts to consider advances in micro-reactor technology as they relate to chemical weapons proliferation and potential steps the AG could take to address the issue.

Whole Cable

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join