It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US wants to buy HIGHLY LETHAL VIRUS from Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I just found this cable which says that a US-based distributor contacted Germany to make this purchase.

Maybe I get this wrong, I dont know..

Here the cable

C O N F I D E N T I A L BERLIN 000140 SIPDIS STATE FOR EUR/CE PETER SCHROEDER STATE FOR ISN/CB MARK HARTELL AND KRISTEN GASS E.O. 12958:

3. (C) On January 25, MFA Deputy Director of Export Control, Markus Klinger told Econoff that Germany recently received multiple requests for the export of highly lethal, AG-controlled virus sequencing technology to a US-based distributor with 70 listed potential end-users. Klinger said, normally, given the sensitivity of the items in question, Germany would deny the export to a distributor and would only issue export permits to individual end-users on a case-by-case basis. However, given Germany's robust cooperation with the USG on AG matters, it is investigating to see if a policy change would be appropriate for distributors in select countries. In addition to getting the USG policy on this type of export situation, Germany would like to solicit USG thoughts on the outcome if the situation were reversed; if there were a U.S. AG-controlled export to a distributor located in Germany with a pre-defined end-user list.

Whole Cable
edit on 6-9-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue 6 Sep 2011 by Hellmutt because: Title: HIGLY -> HIGHLY

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
In another cable it says:

A German firm has applied for the approval of the export of 184 genetic elements with nucleic acid sequences of viruses for the production of recombinant viruses. The viruses will be used in optical imaging to identify host factors required for viral replication. The recipient in the USA is, according to the enclosed end use certificate, the Department of the Army "US Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID)" Fort Detrick, Maryland. Specifications in English about the goods, the recipient and end use can be seen from the end use certificate. The goods are controlled by the Australia Group and are subject to compulsory export approval (List position C1C353A). This matter concerns the complete genome of viruses such as the Zaire Ebola virus, the Lake Victoria Marburg virus, the Machupo virus and the Lassa virus, which are absolutely among the most dangerous pathogens in the world. The delivery would place the recipient in the position of being able to create replicating recombinant infectious species of these viruses.

Cable
edit on 6-9-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Good Find S & F for you....
Way to keep your eyes open... But I'm inclined to hold the panic because there are some highly lethal virus's that serve helpful purposes. Like the Reovirus or Oncolytic viruses.

As for your addition to the thread: okay thats a little different but I did find this:

Link here:
PubMED info

I'm no Doctor but I believe they are implying it is for HIV research and I recently found more info on them using the REOvirus for this same purpose.

This is DEF. something we want to keep up on.
edit on 6-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: Because you edited your original thread to include the virus names

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The delivery would place the recipient in the position of being able to create replicating recombinant infectious species of these viruses.

o really?

Because of the particular criticality of these goods, the German federal government practices an exceptionally restrictive approval policy for such exports. An approval here can only be issued if an improper end use in association with the development or production of biologic weapons approaches can be foreclosed with a probability approaching certainty.

sure...

this scares the boogers out of me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
reply to post by Hellas

Good Find S & F for you....

Way to keep your eyes open... But It doesn't mention which highly lethal virus it is speaking of so I'm inclined to hold the panic because there are dozens of highly lethal virus's that serve helpful purposes.

Like the Reovirus or Oncolytic viruses.

Great looking out though!!
edit on 6-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

This matter concerns the complete genome of viruses such as the Zaire Ebola virus, the Lake Victoria Marburg virus, the Machupo virus and the Lassa virus, which are absolutely among the most dangerous pathogens in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The question is : did this request actually come from the U.S. Army??? Seems like the German gov't. is questioning this as well.

From your link:

The enclosed end use certificate is on the letterhead of the U.S. Army. The required official seal is missing, however. A decision about the export has not yet been made. Given the foregoing, we would appreciate confirmation that the end use certificate really is from the Department of the Army and of the accuracy of the data contained therein.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I find both of these cables terrifying. Knowing what can be done with effective technologies available to countries like Germany, it looks like all my nightmares might come true. This is one more reason why we need Wikileaks in the world!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The A C Virus's are the same as the HIV Strain and are not controllable. Strange at this time in history this comes to the surface. Thanks for the thread. PS as a side note , Kissenger and Bush SR were the ones behind the HIV funding and requested the monies for a Hepatitus Vaccine. One year later, after giving Negros, Drug attics and Homosexuals the Vaccine in Africa, New York and San Francisco, the first HIV Cases weere reported. Food for thought..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by Hellas

I find both of these cables terrifying. Knowing what can be done with effective technologies available to countries like Germany, it looks like all my nightmares might come true. This is one more reason why we need Wikileaks in the world!

Just knowing is not going to help us unfortunately if the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
The question is : did this request actually come from the U.S. Army??? Seems like the German gov't. is questioning this as well.

From your link:

The enclosed end use certificate is on the letterhead of the U.S. Army. The required official seal is missing, however. A decision about the export has not yet been made. Given the foregoing, we would appreciate confirmation that the end use certificate really is from the Department of the Army and of the accuracy of the data contained therein.

I highly doubt that some individuals approached the german government, asking for the deadliest viruses. Of course it was the US Army as stated in the cable

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So we can expect another mutated bird / swine / human flu?

I hope not. I know its a great profit for big pharma to have a lot of sick people but this kind of virus sounds like it would cause mass killing and in that case governments lose their sheeple and soldiers that are willing to fight their wars.

So i think they would only use it to scare off governments of China, Russia and so on...
Anyway its not a good news to hear any government being interested in highly lethal viruses. I can understand if scientists discover it and even experiment with it in labs (not on live subjects of course) but army and corrupted government should stay far away from it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
So we can expect another mutated bird / swine / human flu?

I hope not. I know its a great profit for big pharma to have a lot of sick people but this kind of virus sounds like it would cause mass killing and in that case governments lose their sheeple and soldiers that are willing to fight their wars.

So i think they would only use it to scare off governments of China, Russia and so on...
Anyway its not a good news to hear any government being interested in highly lethal viruses. I can understand if scientists discover it and even experiment with it in labs (not on live subjects of course) but army and corrupted government should stay far away from it.

Who's to say that they're going to use it on their own people?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This gave me chills....
Especially the part about using it to make recombinant viruses.....I can't think of ANY reason when a recombinant of any of these deadly viruses would be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
This gave me chills....
Especially the part about using it to make recombinant viruses.....I can't think of ANY reason when a recombinant of any of these deadly viruses would be a good thing.

Conceviably if you can engineer out the toxicity but keep the antigens, the modified version could be a good vaccine.

But the idea of any live-virus vaccine for one of those diseases is still scary.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Good find Hellas,

well done , ATS at its best.

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I find it interesting they want the genome of these viri, I think they are trying to find the "lethality" part that causes the hemorrhagic effects. Then they can insert this part into a vaccine that allows the immune system to target it selectively to make a general purpose antidote/antibody for people who get infected. Alternately they can find the lethality genes and insert them into an airborne virus like the common cold or influenza to make a weapon.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I guess we know what the next major virus to hit the us will be...

Or maybe the deadly virus request was for a perfectly normal research reasons?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I guess we know what the next major virus to hit the us will be...

Or maybe the deadly virus request was for a perfectly normal research reasons?

By the U.S. Army?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian

From your link:

So the official seal is missing ?

Where is this shipment meant to be delivered?
Maybe some bad dudes are trying to scam the stuff off the Germans.
Someone pretending to be the US Army...

Or is the missing seal a way of the US army crying fake if the story comes out??
Scary either way.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The USA has purchased information and weapons far more phucked up than this. This is just a glimpse into America's Darkness and horror.

Just look into Unit 731 and the information we purchased from them. We granted everyone on that unit immunity and even employed them in America!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

America is going down in a ball of fire, not a blaze of glory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join