It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ok, you guys keep posting the pics but you apparently haven't looked real close at them...did you see the lrv tracks? where do they lead to? most of them just stop right in their tracks..why is this? then did you see where the parked lrv is? why is there no tracks leading to it? did the wind blow them away?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So THAT'S where I parked my car!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/445adf7489fe.jpg[/atsimg]

More pics and video here

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
So THAT'S where I parked my car!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/445adf7489fe.jpg[/atsimg]

More pics and video here

i can't even stretch my imagination to see a land rover in that pic
i don't even see tracks anywhere

edit on 6-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I also sat and watched the whole thing.. It was no hoax.

In addition, my close personal friend helped design the laser reflector mirror that was delivered to the moon by the astronauts.

It is still there and functional today and is used to measure the precise distance between the Earth and the Moon.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Well actually it is proof. Because you don't hire thousands of professional technicians and mechanics to do an acting gig. Maybe you would today with all that we have in cgi. Not for a decade while the project went along.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

i can't even stretch my imagination to see a land rover in that pic i don't even see tracks anywhere

Actually you can see tracks in the high res photo below, from the left side moving towards the LRV.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a06e78db5e3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-9-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

i can't even stretch my imagination to see a land rover in that pic

No wonder. It's an LRV.
This is a Land Rover:

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Why would they leave it so far away? why not drive it back to the landing spot?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

So the camera mounted on it could get this.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sorry I missed the name, however in reply as to why the footpaths are darker then the lunar roves tracks, they didn't "walk" on the moon, it was more a shuffling gait, stirring up more lunar soil then the ROUND tires of the rover, now if they had spun out with the rover, those tracks would be just as dark.

The tires enabled it to "ride" on the surface as it were. Just look at the tracks of a snowmobile compared to boot prints, or snowshoes, same kinda thing.

and also in the coner, the pictures show the distance that is 100 meters, you can measure from there to get distance

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Also according to the Apollo 17 LRV Technical Information manual:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5075fd6e459a.jpg[/atsimg]

LRV manual

I like Phage's reason better

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Point taken, but who went back to get the tape? Your not seriously telling me that this camera was streaming back live images from the moon.

link   
I'm sure you have fond memories but it's easy to lie to a child. Do you really think someone working with NASA would show his son data notebooks and films? Don't you think that he would be afraid that his child would go running around telling his friends and teachers and stealing some of those reels and notebooks like his daddy's playboys?
This sounded fishy to me..just saying.

link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Excellent explanation. Thanks for the clarity on that question.

Sadly, most of this lot had their mind made up years ago and is unable to change it to the less sensationalistic facts.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: engrish

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

No tape.
Yes, the TV was transmitted to Earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

Just because you lived through something doesn't mean you are the ultimate source of information for that event.

Did I say it meant that-- or does it just help dismiss the clear meaning by claiming that was my intent?

That I lived through an experience does, in fact, make me an authority on the experience.

That my experience has relation to the event, then, is "perspective" and it is perspective that many hoax-believers seem to lack but, unlike experience, can gain from another. And that was my intent.

- The astronauts are lying! (emotion)
+ Here's a picture. (evidence)
- The picture is Photoshopped! (opinion)
+ Here are some moon rocks (evidence)
- They were taken from a probe! (speculation)
+Then how did we get them to earth? (logic)
- Well, I don't even know that they are from the moon! (change of tactic)
+ Every scientist who examined them says that they are. (scholarly opinion)
- The scientists are in on the conspiracy! (desperation, which takes us back to the first step)

It never ends, because the hoax-believers, too often, have no perspective and do not seek one. It is a moving target. But not subject to the whims of conspiracy theorists are the thousands who worked on the project and the tens of thousands impacted by their work (family, friends, etc.).

So it jumps from 3 astronauts making it up, to a few dozen in on it, to thousands of contractors, to tens or hundreds of thousands of family members, neighbors and freinds, to the Russians and most everyone born in my era, and then pretty much everyone on the planet is part of the "conspiracy."

And for what?

For the ability to deny being "gullible?"

Reason is seductive-- let it seduce.

+ Every scientist who examined them says that they are. (scholarly opinion)

how many of the scientists have been to the moon and collected samples?
how can they say expertly say that these are definitely from the moon?
where are they basing these theories from?

Ah! You have just realized your own homework assignment!

Go! Look it up; and report back!

I have already done this homework. Your turn.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ok, I see that everyone is trying to be all smart with the physics and radiation BS. I'm not going to roll that way. So my question is if we landed on the moon then why do we still have a space station that continues to float around Earth? If the moon is safe why not have a stationary lunar base? If they landed and got back to Earth then it is possible to build a runway or landing pad on the moon. I am looking at it from an obvious point of view, I know nothing about physics or all that other jazz you all claim to know.
edit on 6-9-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i see BELLE M. from that 8*3*11 site in this pic!!!

click here to see it...just above the LRV in the crater.....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 11I11

No tape.
Yes, the TV was transmitted to Earth.

In 1972? Hmmmm, I cant even get channel 5 in 2011!

Well thankfully everything worked like a dream considering earth experienced some pretty major solar storms that year. Hats off to NASA.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The reason why we have so many moon hoaxers here is because this thread made the main page browsed by people who only believe in conspiracies and probably have no formal training in science or space exploration, it's not their thing, and their pedestrian interest in these subjects here in this forum provokes no emotion either way except when they preach their oppressed fears due to the fact they can't make sense of any data to calculate for themselves. They have little interest in space technology and even less knowledge so nothing is vested in any argument they debate, which is usually question they ask for explanation for but could care less about researching what's presented if they even at all follow any links. They are not here to learn anything just to voice their delirious beliefs. It's obsessive denial.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join