It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
it's all that matters, it's where we are and what we are .the answer to my thread headlines question, will be the "theory of everything"...even if you and i and our reality is an alien beings virtual simulation. he/she/it still must be somewhere.they must be existing somewhere else themselves...and where does their universe end? and what's on the otherside of that? another universe and another and another and another and another ?!?!?!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OP I find your theory on a white hole quite real to my self at least. As well as the savant who did a documentary called Black Whole. (Youtube has vids, or other sources *cough cough*) And as another responder said the idea of a fractal universe... which would coincide with that of a black hole, at the end is a white hole.. inside of that universe another black hole.. that leads to a white hole... ect. An infinite loop of fractals and universes. But my question in my response still stands.. Let me ask it again.

If the universe is EXPANDING how can it be infinite? Infinite plus one is still infinite. Which leads me to believe, the universe is unimaginably incredibly humongous BUT, not infinite. Super super super large, and finite. An infinite universe would imply infinite everything.. which... is just dumb to me.

Gas clouds.. Stars form.. they die.. create new elements.. eventually there will be nothing left but the heaviest elements and black holes.. and the heaver an object is.. the more gravity it has... black holes will pull it towards em, get bigger them selves, pull more black holes.. until there's just 1 super one left.. and it eats all of space and time.. and at the end of destroying this universe, it would start a new big bang, and the entire cycle starts over. A singularity by definition is a black hole, and so is the big bang. I think my ideas, at least for my own mind, answer your question, and I too have thought the same things as you OP. Regardless of others opinions and even if im wrong. My out of the box idea is the best I can come up with..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever.

Hi blocula, I can also think of no way that our universe is able to be finite, because what lies behind that frontier cant also go on forever.

So what is it then, is our universe infinite or finite?
Which human is able to know the answer to that question?

Lou Baldin, sleeper on ATS, said that we cannot understand or imagine that because we have a 3D brain.

And according to him,

There was no beginning and there is no end.

So I am really curious to what our scientists/experts can say about that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
the "observable universe" is 13.75 billion years old and has a diameter of 93 billion light years across its rather complex,to say the least the observable universe link > en.wikipedia.org... but there still remains another,outer,even larger? part of the universe,who's light has'nt reached us yet...

the universe can't go on forever...but if it ends somewhere...what's on the other side? and so on and so on and so on and so on??? something is really wrong there,but i can't quite wrap my mind around what it is...yet

the universe might end up as just one giant black hole,but only all the matter in it will have been destroyed,the space will still be there...yes?...no?
edit on 30-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever.

Hi blocula, I can also think of no way that our universe is able to be finite, because what lies behind that frontier cant also go on forever.

So what is it then, is our universe infinite or finite?
Which human is able to know the answer to that question?

Lou Baldin, sleeper on ATS, said that we cannot understand or imagine that because we have a 3D brain.

And according to him,

There was no beginning and there is no end.

So I am really curious to what our scientists/experts can say about that.
"where is the otherside of a universe that never ends"?...this question is beyond anything else,this question is beyond god,it's beyond everything,totally mind boggling,but there must be an answer. it is finite and infinite at the same time? uuuhhhhhh, no way...

and it is beyond god,because if god made everything,where was he/she while making it? god created our universe in a room somewhere? then what's on the otherside of that room...god built our reality in a laboratory somewhere? then whats on the otherside of that laboratory?...god created our universe in another dimension? if so,then where is the end of that dimension and where is the otherside of that??? unbelievable!... i'm starting to feel that... spinning... falling.... feeling again...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever. forever is an abstraction, a word with with no real meaning. if the universe is expanding, then it must be expanding within and into somewhere, or it would'nt be able to expand at all. if its creating itself, making space in front of it as it goes along, then it still must be creating itself within somewhere. so wether its expanding, or even if it actually wraps around itself and is curved, then where is beyond it? and to say nowhere is beyond it, makes no sense whatsoever, nowhere is also an abstract word whos definition has no real meaning. somewhere must be there on the otherside of its edge, if it has an edge. even if there are multiple universes surrounding eachother, they cannot go on forever either. there still must be somewhere beyond them as well...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
and this question is beyond god.because if god made everything,where was he/she while making it? god created our universe in a room somewhere? then what's on the otherside of that room...god built our reality in a laboratory somewhere? then whats on the otherside of that laboratory?...god created our universe in another dimension? if so,then where is the end of that dimension and where is the otherside of that???

i'm starting to feel that...spinning...falling...feeling...again.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
my freinds and I used to debate this all the time, and all we could come up with is the human mind just can't comprehend it

infinity in an infinite number of directions constantly expanding.......into what ?

whoa, just blew my mind again

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
my freinds and I used to debate this all the time, and all we could come up with is the human mind just can't comprehend it

infinity in an infinite number of directions constantly expanding.......into what ?

whoa, just blew my mind again

exactly!..my friend and i use to ask "the very same question" when we were like 7 years old! and i'm still no closer to the answer. but i do have a lot more informational tools to work with now then i had then...there is an answer out there...somewhere and the person or computer that finally figures it out,will have discovered!..."the ultimate theory of everything" > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If you think that hurts your brain - think about this:

It must go on forever because if it ends, what is beyond that?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Said it before but it's apparent this may be a good spot to restate. If there is an 'edge' of the universe, to me that would be more extraordinary than infinity, like the ancient drawings of man sailing over the edge of a flat earth, to plunge down to serpents eagerly waiting to eat them.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Said it before but it's apparent this may be a good spot to restate. If there is an 'edge' of the universe, to me that would be more extraordinary than infinity, like the ancient drawings of man sailing over the edge of a flat earth, to plunge down to serpents eagerly waiting to eat them.

yes that would be awesome...but there must be something "somewhere" after the edge...more space? and then another edge? and then more space and then another edge and then more space and then another edge and then more space and then another edge and then more space and then another edge, it goes on and on and on and on and on and on...but it can't!...but it does!...outer space is infinite and finite at the same time?......uuummmmm?...no way!
edit on 1-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't believe an 'edge' would be very apparent even if there is one. Take accounts of people who sailed the Amazon into the ocean as a light example, "it was never apparently clear when exactly we were in the ocean or the vast wide Amazon estuary".

Take a look at the mouth of the Amazon and try to draw a line where it ends.

Most things in life do not fall under black and white divisible compartments, you live largely within the vast gray areas between going too far and no going far enough. It may be the only real black and white determination of life we can make in the fact one can't be 'a little pregnant'.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
After reading, and subsequently watching the 'Black Whole' by a savant named Nassim Haramein I think i've got an answer, that at least satisfies my mind. "Truth is stranger then fiction." A quote, that sticks hard with me.. and you will see why I think this after my understanding of such. Take what others have talked about concerning black holes... and Nassim Haramein's ideas... and then my own and put them togather.. what do you get? A universe spawned from a black hole.. inside that universe can grow to be an 'infinite' size.. let me pause here and define my statement. I mean infinite in size, because it can be say 100 million light years in circumference... or 100 trillion..if we take it as such, that infinite is meerly a variable, and not an equation thats ment to be solved.. it helps take some of that brain crunching thought away.. So.. when universes are born.. they can be any size.. (my idea of infinite).. and then comes age... depending on how the universe forms, a smaller universe would probably die sooner.. so a bigger universe would last longer.. start from a big bang.. have a period of life.. then come to an end with a big crush.. forming a 'mother hole' that interns spawns a new universe, by creating a big bang..

So if we look at it this way..a universe can be both infinite and finite.. if you just change your definitions of the words.. but.. we cant always do that can we?

This question.. may never be answered.. but I will leave the readers with this in mind..

Infinite by definition never ends.. something that never ends... never starts either does it? Its more of a 'just because' then anything.. So if thats true.. answer this question.. If the universe has a beginning, does it have an end.. if it dosent have an end.. its not infinite.. its merely linear.. if it has an end.. its finite.. no matter how you answer the question.. the universe is never infinite.

Late night rambles.. /end rant

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

hi and thanx for your response...concerning the doughnut shaped universe theory.whats on the otherside of that? another doughnut shaped universe?

Found an image, used in the film of the savant i've been talking about. Maybe this could help visualize it.. Still can't answer thats beyond it though, if anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
no matter how large the universe is and no matter what it's shaped like..."it cant" go on forever, because forever is an excuse word, a cop-out to explain what we don't or can't understand and what's on the otherside of the universe? another? and another? and another? and another? and another? even if there are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 universes, the furthest one out "must end somewhere"...but...where is the otherside of there???.....more space? and more? and more? and more?...unbelievably perplexing and bizzare!!!
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
perhaps the greatest photo ever taken > www.skyimagelab.com... but we do not know what's on the other side, or where that somewhere is...
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
within the void of ancient light that we call outerspace, there exists no up or down, there exists no left or right, there exists no time...
edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever. forever is an abstraction, a word with with no real meaning. if the universe is expanding, then it must be expanding within and into somewhere, or it would'nt be able to expand at all. if its creating itself, making space in front of it as it goes along, then it still must be creating itself within somewhere. so wether its expanding, or even if it actually wraps around itself and is curved, then where is beyond it? and to say nowhere is beyond it, makes no sense whatsoever, nowhere is also an abstract word whos definition has no real meaning. somewhere must be there on the otherside of its edge, if it has an edge. even if there are multiple universes surrounding eachother, they cannot go on forever either. there still must be somewhere beyond them as well...

My pov is the universe is a black hole and as we reach toward equilibrium the past will look ever expansive because the farther down a black hole you go everything quantizes smaller and smaller while staying in proportion with everything else in the same distance inside of the black hole. When we look out to the universe it seems so massive because we have quantifiably shrunk down in size that much compared to everything behind us in the past.

I don't think the big bang is correct but rather I think the universe was and always will be infinite with a swiss cheese structure of universes which are black holes with other black holes possibly inside those black holes. Similar to a hurricane spawning off tornadoes.

It is for this reason everything spirals in orbits and for this reason all natural life is created with a specific ratio.

edit on 3-10-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Maybe we live in a 2 dimensional universe you know like a flat sheet of paper but because of the velocity and spin, time and space becomes stretched giving us three dimensions in our visible world. There also may be no singularity because you can quantize an object in size into smaller proportions infinitely.

edit on 3-10-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Maybe we live in a 2 dimensional universe you know like a flat sheet of paper but because of the velocity and spin, time and space becomes stretched giving us three dimensions in our visible world. There also may be no singularity because you can quantize an object in size into smaller proportions infinitely.

maybe we,all living things,are just the living shadows of the fourth dimensional beings that we areally are...?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join