It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As I said before, if you say that this universe expands in another universe, then how this other universe came into existence? if this other universe is infinite, then whyt ours can be not?

Personally, I think that the idea of a universe outside our own is bollocks, as is the expansion theory. Red shifting already cannot explain pulsars.

I believe that our universe is infinite from all directions, and it always was like that. It is just that the distant light has not reached us yet, and perhaps it never will, because as light travels, it shifts to red, then to black, then it disappears, because it loses its energy, just like any other object in the universe.

As for the cosmic background radiation, it is as much proof for the big bang as it is proof for an infinite universe: it me the left over glow of the big bang or the glow of the infinite universe.

Science already admits that light lose energy as it travels in space (they say so in the CBR page in wikipedia), and therefore this radiation may be the light from the most distant parts of the universe reaching us - and since it is almost uniform, all around us, then it is highly probable that this light is from the infinite universe around us.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

We are not pushing back against an invisible wall and even if we were,theres still a somewhere beyond that wall,like the wall of my bedroom,theres another world just beyond it...

We must be expnding outwards within another somewhere that already exists.We are not and cannot be expanding outwards into nothing.We are not and cannot be expanding outwards within nowhere,because nothing,nowhere,infinity,forever,eternal and even god,are all words that have no real meaning,they are words we created,words with meanings that allow us to try and explain the unexplainable...

But there is an explanation for this brain numbing,mind expanding dilemma,waiting somewhere just beyond our comprehension,beyond our ability to understand...

Theres probably many men and women out there in this world who have figured out an explanation,or who were shown the answers,the truth through some kind of intervention of unknown origin.Men and women who are not in a position to be heard by the many,only the few.Men and women unable to attain entry into a university,but are just as intelligent as anyone else...

A "grand unified theory" a "theory of everything" must take into account and be able to explain "where Is the other side of a universe that never ends?

Our universe is around 13.75 billion years old,yet its diameter is around 93 million light years across and its expanding outwards in all directions faster and faster > en.wikipedia.org...

Theory of everything > en.wikipedia.org...

Grand unified theory > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Once, and only once, I tried astral projection. And it was a flop since I fell asleep. But still it gave me the perfect opportunity to explore just what my subconscious had to think about this subject. I had a phenomanal dream of being whisked through the beautiful cosmos. All in search of the end of the universe. And at the end I found a thick gaseous material and through that was another dimension.

This all gave me much thought. And perhaps the universe is not as large as it seems. But a short portal of sorts between diminsions. And perhaps man is traveling through space the wrong way. And not the way it was meant to be traveled through.

Just speculating about this subject is fun. And I enjoyed reading every post.
My lifetime dream is to find out what is at the "beginning" of our universe.
edit on 26-12-2011 by elouina because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
i have read about this black hole theory ^^^ before and even if we are inside a black hole,even if the whole universe is within a black hole,even if the universe actually is a black hole,still begs the mind numbing question,whats on the otherside of this black hole? a somewhere else has to exist beyond it and to say there is nothing beyond it is wrong because nothing has no meaning ,its an abstractional excuse word we put in place to explain what we dont understand and what are the millions of black holes that we do know are out there and why are they inside a far larger one if this is the case? and what are aliens,where do they fit into all this?
edit on 8-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

If we are inside a black hole, than perhaps we are "lost in space"? And then the aliens are actually our brethren? And if we were to escape from our black hole with the help of our brethen, we would then be united? This is starting to sound like a good book or movie in the works here.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

perhaps the greatest photo ever taken > www.skyimagelab.com... but we do not know what's on the other side, or where that somewhere is...
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

If that was 14 billion years ago, then what is in that identical space now? That is what I would find most interesting. Since we are truely never seeing far space in the present now are we? And a lot could happen in 14 billion years.

Oh and please forgive my multiple posts. Just caught on to this great thread just now.
edit on 26-12-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
With an infinite universe though I highly doubt it, there wouldn't be an ''other side''. With a finite universe which would be where it wraps in on itself making a shape with no start or finish but has a certain amount of space, we could see another side. Maybe the universe we dwell in is orbiting a mother universe. Maybe our universe isn't the only universe? Who knows? Hopefully we will some day.
edit on 26-12-2011 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

Space and time being composed of the same base content, one is in the form of kinetic, the other static, which interchange those characteristics based on presence of impedence. Infinite Ohm's Law. The "present" which is infinitesimal in duration is infinite space (static) that has no kinetic expresssion (time - infinitesimal). Space consists of a Planck frequency string of such instances.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hi...Sometimes i think that our physical reality,our universe,is the result of a white hole bursting outwards its accumulated matter and forming another universe,another dimension...

A black hole in another universe or dimension that had reached its limit of pulling in matter,it couldnt contain any more and it burst open its massive amounts of compressed material that had been gathered over millions or billions of years within its singularity,literally creating our universe...

What we call the big bang,is actually a white hole releasing its accumulated matter,a white hole that was joined on the other side to a black hole that existed in another universe or another dimension,both connected to each other by their singularity...

There exists billions of black holes in our universe alone,so there must also be billions of universes,billions of dimensions and billions of alternate realities,maybe even trillions...

Galaxies are created by balck holes,the billions of stars we see formied into clusters that orbit around a central core,like our own milkyway galaxy and they are formed from the gravitational attraction of super massive blackholes that reside at their centers...

The black holes seem to be the creators and the destroyers of physical reality,they are the deaths and the graves of physical matter,they are the wombs and the birth canals of creation,and from our limited five senses, from our human perspectives,they appear to be seemingly endless cycles of breathing in and breathing out physical matter...

But there still must be a somewhere else beyond all those billions or trillions of other universes,other dimensions and other realities...

Where and what is on the other side of them?

And so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on?

How and why did we get into the middle of all this?

edit on 27-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And something else thats equally mind blowing as thinking about the expanding vastness of outer space,is the further we zoom in upon the microscopic universe thats all around us,the smaller and smaller physical reality seems to get...How small does it get?...Is the microverse of inner space and the macroverse of outer space connected to eachother in some bizzare and almost incomprehensible way...Somewhere?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.
Woody Allen

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I really doubt the universe is expanding.

As I said in my previous post, red shifting may simply be light losing momentum, and the cosmic background radiation that is all around us may be the light from distant stars in the lowest possible energy state.

Light is pulled in by black holes, so it has mass. And therefore, light is subject to inertia: at some point, its kinetic energy is exhausted, and it becomes cosmic background radiation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Our universe is around 13.75 billion years old,yet its diameter is around 93 million light years across,... Whats up with that?!?! > en.wikipedia.org...

The universe is known to be expanding with exponential acceleration,but the recession speed of the distant galaxies is determined based on the light which has reached the earth after many billions of years of propagation...

So the universe's periphery recession speed we observe is only apparent,not actual.It is the recession speed which existed billions of years ago.The actual current speed of the universe's expansion must be unbelievably higher and almost incomprehensible to imagine...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Heres one of my favorite woody allen movie quotes...

Allen: That's quite a lovely Jackson Pollock, isn't it?

Woman: Yes,it is.

Allen: What does it say to you?

Woman: It restates the negativeness of the universe.The hideous lonely emptiness of existence.Nothingness. The predicament of man forced to live in a barren,godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste,horror and degradation,forming a useless,bleak straitjacket in a black,absurd cosmos.

Allen: What are you doing Saturday night?

Woman: Committing suicide.

Allen: What about Friday night?

From,Play It Again,Sam...1972

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by masterp

Our universe is around 13.75 billion years old,yet its diameter is around 93 million light years across,... Whats up with that?!?! > en.wikipedia.org...

The universe is known to be expanding with exponential acceleration,but the recession speed of the distant galaxies is determined based on the light which has reached the earth after many billions of years of propagation...

So the universe's periphery recession speed we observe is only apparent,not actual.It is the recession speed which existed billions of years ago.The actual current speed of the universe's expansion must be unbelievably higher and almost incomprehensible to imagine...

You'd still have an observable universe if the universe was infinite. The observable universe would be the light that reached us before becoming CBR.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

We still have an observable universe,but most of its light has'nt reached us yet and because its expanding away from us in all directions faster and faster,more and more of its light never will reach us...

Like a car going faster and faster and never running out of gas,at this point in time our universe must be doubling its size again and again,faster and faster...

edit on 28-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by masterp

We still have an observable universe,but most of its light has'nt reached us yet and because its expanding away from us in all directions faster and faster,more and more of its light never will reach us...

Like a car going faster and faster and never running out of gas,at this point in time our universe must be doubling its size again and again,faster and faster...

edit on 28-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Or most of its light has not reached us yet because the universe is infinite and there was not enough time yet for light to do so.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Infinite,eternal and forever are words that have no real meaning,nothing lasts forever,all things must pass and just like the word god,we created and use those words to help us explain the unexplainable,enigmas and paradoxes that are probably beyond our human ability to fully understand,beyond our comprehension...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

www.youtube.com...

someting to ponder

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by masterp

Infinite,eternal and forever are words that have no real meaning,nothing lasts forever,all things must pass and just like the word god,we created and use those words to help us explain the unexplainable,enigmas and paradoxes that are probably beyond our human ability to fully understand,beyond our comprehension...

Nope. The universe is infinite, i.e. it does not have an end. Just like numbers are infinite.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Numbers are able to be counted outwards from zero all the way to infinity because humanity invented numbers in our minds,in our imaginations,numbers are not real,there are no numbers floating around in the air or in outer space,only on paper,on a screen and in our brains...

I can also very easily imagine an endless forest of never ending trees,but there cannot exist a forest like that,its impossible,it can only exist that way in my imagination...

Maybe outer space is an illusion,a holographically projected illusion,but then who or what created this illusion?

Where were they when they made it?

Where are they projecting it from?

Who or what made them?

Maybe outer space is a super advanced computer simulation,but who or what made the computer?

Where is it simulating from?

Who or what made this simulation?

Who created the simulators?

In order for the universe to be infinite and have no ending,it would also need to have no beginning and thats also impossible.unless this universe may have originated from within and then burst out of another universe or some other dimension,but then we are right back to the same perplexing paradox...

Where is that universe or dimension?

Where is it?

Where did it originate from?

We say the universe is infinite because we dont know yet,or are unable to comprehend what it really is...

Our universe cannot be expanding outwards into nothing,because there can never be nothing,somethings always there,never nothing.It must be expanding into a somewhere that already exists,there can be no other way,but then...

Where is this other somewhere?

Where and what is on the other side of there?

And so on? and so on? and so on? and so on? and so on?

edit on 29-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

have you ever considered that your dream was more than a dream

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join