It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Debunk The Moon Landing Hoax For Me...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theXammux
Assuming someone was willing to spend millions of dollars just to end this silly debate...

If this debate is silly to you; why do you bother replying?

The ONUS is on NASA to prove astronauts walked the surface of the earth.

Why on earth is it silly to question suspicious explanations?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Heres something.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Also as to the idea posted by OP: Pictures taken by what? Do they have multimillion dollar spy satellites and planes in orbit around the moon? That's what they use for Google Earth etc.

Why not have high tech, high resolution spy satellites around the moon. Aren't humans by nature explorers?

It would put to rest the conspiracy theory.

I have yet to see conclusive proof. A high resolution satellite picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm still waiting...

....... and would you like to pay for it? If your government did, would you be the first to say it's a waste of your hard earned money spent on something that isn't needed? You are in a job aren't you?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

Some people on here are claiming that a project as large as a moon shot could not possibly remain secret for long.

What about the Manhattan project? I don't know how many people made that possible but...

What about the invasion of Normandy? How many soldiers kept that quiet?

And my favorite... the Nazi death camps of WWII. If ever there was a secret begging to be told...

And lastly... Roswell. To this day, even though surveys show a majority of Americans believe that something happened there and the government is covering it up....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Lunar Laser Ranging experiment.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ongoing Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment measures the distance between the Earth and the Moon using laser ranging. Lasers on Earth are aimed at retroreflectors planted on the moon during the Apollo program, and the time for the reflected light to return is determined.

Proof enough for you, I have more.

ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Apollo, after you whittle down the facts, comes down to the testimony of 12 men.
3 of them have already passed on. 1 of the living is a believer in aliens. And another 1 speaks about "truth's protective layers."

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Apollo 16...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e591edbd9137.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CaDreamer

You are so sure that we went? Please debunk as the title states.

I'm sorry, you misunderstand the terminology. The rest of the world agrees man went to the moon, there is nothing to debunk. YOU need to establish why you think otherwise, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

I find the problem with dealing with someone who is so sure that the moon landing was faked, or someone so quick to debunk a moon landing is that even if I were to point Hubble at the moon, zoom in on some of the junk left on the surface by NASA ans show them to someone like yourself, your first response would be "That's been Photoshopped".

I never said I am so sure that the moon landing is a hoax. For the longest time I accepted the moon landing as gospel. But more and more I am becoming skeptical of the official version of events.

The best thing would be for another country such as Russia or China to send the spy satellite. As for Hubble zooming onto the landing sites to produced high resolution images...

I DARE NASA to publish those images!

I'm still waiting...

If you knew anything about Hubble you would know that it is primed for deep space exploration, not something as close as the moon. However, as you are still waiting..... why not grant to NASA your pocket money and see if it's enough to take the pix you need?

Still waiting to see you finance that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

How long was the Manhattan project a secret after Hiroshima? But it was a secret for a couple of years.
How long was the invasion of Normandy a secret after D-Day? A year before...maybe.
The death camps weren't really much of a secret at all.

And lastly... Roswell. To this day, even though surveys show a majority of Americans believe that something happened there and the government is covering it up.

Conspiracies are verified by popular opinion? Well then, I think most people believe the Apollo landings happened. That settles that.
thy-weapon-of-war.blogspot.com...

edit on 9/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
it never fails

the hoax believers ignore the facts, and hold onto 20 year old fantasies, and I'm dumb enough to try to help them see the light

never fails

maybe

maybe this time will be different. maybe one of them will look up big muley, the mcdonald observatory, the ham radio testimonies and records, and come to the inescapable conclusion that as van allen himself said, the radiation was not an issue, and men did land on the moon

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Heres something.

The resolution is way too low...can't make out anything clearly.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Heres something.

I bet that's not what you say in the "is this an alien base on the moon ?" threads

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theXammux
What i am saying is, if you want something that YOU (rather than 98% of the rest of the world) would call credible, then tell me what you might consider as credible evidence. If you consider nothing credible then the entire thrread is moot.

High resolution satellite photos of NASA Apollo artifacts lying on the moons surface.

98% of the world could easily be categorized as sheeple.

I hope you are enjoying chewing the grass, content to wallow in your own dreams. No, WAIT!!!!! You mean everyone else is a sheep and you are in the two per cent that isn't????? Hmmmm, so how do you think that works? Could it be you blindly follow anything that passes as a conspiracy while ignoring all the evidence to the contrary?

You may want to get your maths teacher to help you with percentages, and a social worker to help you work out, well whatever you need working out.

Baaah
edit on 5-9-2011 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

I'm sorry, you misunderstand the terminology. The rest of the world agrees man went to the moon, there is nothing to debunk. YOU need to establish why you think otherwise, not the other way around.

Define "rest of the world"?

How do you know many people believe NASA's story??

The ONUS is on NASA to prove their story not the other way around.
edit on 5-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Heres something.

I bet that's not what you say in the "is this an alien base on the moon ?" threads

I will believe in aliens when they are proven.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Define "rest of the world"?

How do you know many people believe NASA's story??

edit on 5-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

NASA don't have to prove their story, it's not a story. YOU have to show why it's not correct.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Apollo, after you whittle down the facts, comes down to the testimony of 12 men.
3 of them have already passed on. 1 of the living is a believer in aliens. And another 1 speaks about "truth's protective layers."

Correct, once you "whittle down the facts," ie; ignore them, you are left with the freedom to proceed entirely by innuendo. This, as I am sure you know, is a tried and true propaganda technique. You illustrate another such technique by using a deliberate distortion of Armstrong's intended meaning.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

NASAs mission is to provide information about the Earth and space to both scientists and the general public. It is up to the people using this information to assess its value. No scientist has ever complained about the data provided by the Apollo missions.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The ongoing Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment measures the distance between the Earth and the Moon using laser ranging. Lasers on Earth are aimed at retroreflectors planted on the moon during the Apollo program, and the time for the reflected light to return is determined. The distance to the Moon is calculated approximately using this equation:

Distance = (Speed of light × Time taken for light to reflect) / 2.

There's also extensive evidence from astronauts who were actually there etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

He also voices the opinion othat UFOs are real.
Of course you could ignore all this and call it disinfo but then again the moon hoax has been thouroughly debunked, so why believe in a conspiracy theory that has been debunked over someone who was actually there?

Limbo
edit on 5-9-2011 by Limbo because: (I see the lunar laser reflectors is repost added Mitchell post)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join