It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Debunk The Moon Landing Hoax For Me...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Manhattan project as well as Normandy were secret long before they actually occurred. From memory, the Bomb began in America with Einstein's letter to Roosevelt in 193_?

And Normandy as well was kept secret by millions beforehand. I know, not the best examples... there are others.

It is possible for whole nations to keep secrets from their enemies and even themselves. The death camps are one example of the latter. Even though the railroads who provided transport and the locals who smelled the ovens denied later knowing anything... And of course, the allies didn't want to admit it either (at the time). Now these events are common knowledge.

By the Way, I personally think we went to the moon, I saw it on TV. (Before the digital age). I also believe in Ginger and Marianne...
I was just making a point about keeping a secret.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Heres something.

The resolution is way too low...can't make out anything clearly.

I bet that's not what you say in the "is this an alien base on the moon ?" threads

Yeah, and the same people who are saying the resolutions is too low here are convinced that structure on mars is man made. We went to the moon, end of story.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
how many of you guys saying we never went to the moon have I seen in other threads saying we have moon bases and people living on Mars? pathetic

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Manhattan project as well as Normandy were secret long before they actually occurred.

In fact, the Soviets knew all the details of the Manhattan Project as it developed, but chose to keep this knowledge to itself. The Nazis knew that there would eventually be a seaborne invasion, but constant disinformation kept them in the dark as to when and where. There is no precedent for a dissimulation as vast and complex as the "faking" of the Apollo program would need to be.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I know. (I think we went to the Moon) I was just making a point about keeping a secret.
"Hey, look! the Trojans have left us a tribute outside the gate."
"What is it?"
"Why, it appears to be a Giant Horse!"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so grassy, there are pics and vids showing the landing sites all through the thread

have you examined them ?

what are your conclusions ?

This is pretty much why I find this topic so interesting. I have looked at every picture in this thread and none of them actually show anything. Can someone point out to me what in any of these pictures is supposed to convince me of anything? I have seen more in threads about monkeys on Mars. I am not trying to claim we never did go to the moon but the arguments put forth from both sides are interesting to say the least. Those pictures do not show anything but a bunch of gray stuff. I do not understand how any of this proves we did go to the moon.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Pay attention, please.

Condescend to someone else.

I accept NASAs account because all the data and information is consistent both with historical records and the known facts of science and engineering.

Good for you. Where did you get all those records and how many of those known facts have you confirmed first hand?

The only way they could have "faked" all that is if they actually went to the trouble of designing, building, launching, landing and recovering a spacecraft capable of landing men on the Moon but crewing it with super-realistic android robots indistinguishable in function from human beings. Actually sending human beings would be easier.

Super. What does that have to do with what I said?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Heres something.

Good thing they have those big white labels so we know what we are supposed to think we are looking at.
Get my point?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

If you compare the images of the landing sites (complete with tracks) to the traverse maps and layouts of the landing sites you can see that they match exactly. The stuff left behind is still there, right where it was.
www.lpi.usra.edu...
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Of course, maybe it's just chance that some stuff just happens to be in the right places.

edit on 9/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by intrptr

How long was the Manhattan project a secret after Hiroshima? But it was a secret for a couple of years.
How long was the invasion of Normandy a secret after D-Day? A year before...maybe.
The death camps weren't really much of a secret at all.

And lastly... Roswell. To this day, even though surveys show a majority of Americans believe that something happened there and the government is covering it up.

Conspiracies are verified by popular opinion? Well then, I think most people believe the Apollo landings happened. That settles that.
thy-weapon-of-war.blogspot.com...

...and according to Americans, the world was created in six days.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Might add fuel to either fire.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

If you compare the images of the landing sites (complete with tracks) to the traverse maps and layouts of the landing sites you can see that they match exactly.

Which proves what?
To me that proves that they had no problem deciding what to tell you to see. What traverse maps and layouts of the landing sites? You means the ones supplied by the people that brought us that photo of nothing?

The stuff left behind is still there, right where it was.
www.lpi.usra.edu...
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Why do you even bother saying that as if you are about to back it up with something? I do not see what "stuff" you are talking about. I find it hard to believe you do either.

Of course, maybe it's just chance that some stuff just happens to be in the right places.

"Right places"

Some solid argument you got there. I cannot even begin to fathom the manaical genius it would take to tell you "Yup, that is where we said our stuff would be. That dot, those dots, and that swirly stuff. See it matches our maps we made too perfectly."

Sorry but the thing that intrigues me the most about this is the arguments against it being a hoax. If anything, you might convince me it was a hoax just with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This may be of interest, the Apollo mission is still on going in a small way. physics.ucsd.edu...
The link takes you to the ongoing lunar laser ranging experiment that utilizes mirrors placed on the lunar surface by the Apollo Astronauts that allow NASA to measure the distance between the Moon and the Earth precisely, the site shows a photo of one of the mirrors near the LEM, NASA bounce laser light back from this on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Unlike you, some people have been looking at the history of the landings for a while. The traverse maps and landing area maps have been available since long before the LRO began producing images. The maps came first and followed the landings. The imagery matches the maps.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

What would they gain? I wasnt even alive back then but I know we were in a space race including an arms race with russia and a couple other countries. So you tell me what they would gain from faking it

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You're right. I assumed you were calling the maps hoaxed because of this statement:

What traverse maps and layouts of the landing sites? You means the ones supplied by the people that brought us that photo of nothing?

I must have been mistaken.
If you can't see the objects in the LROC images I guess there isn't much to discuss about them. I can.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You're right. I assumed you were calling the maps hoaxed because of this statement:

You assumed a lot of things. You assumed what I have looked at. You have assumed how long I have looked at it. Now you also assumed I called something a hoax when I did not. Boy you are great for intelligent discussion based on available facts aren't ya?

What traverse maps and layouts of the landing sites? You means the ones supplied by the people that brought us that photo of nothing?

I must have been mistaken.

There is no "might" about it.

If you can't see the objects in the LROC images I guess there isn't much to discuss about them. I can.

No you can't. You can see dots and you have been told what those dots are. You really need to assume less, pay attention to what is actually written, and I might be able to take you seriously that any research you have done amounts to a hill of beans. In just 3 posts you got all that stuff wrong and you were a complete jerk about it. Thanks a ton for you attitude, assumptions, and nothing of any substance. I know people sit around here feeding your ego "Wait till Phage gets here, he will solve it for everyone."
I am neither one of your fans nor your enemy and there was no reason to treat me as such.

Seriously. I have no idea how to have any faith in what you claim to know if you cannot read a couple posts and understand what was written. See, I can be a jerk too.

If you have some personal issue with, please address it. If this is just how you are to everyone then save it.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyJ
...mirrors placed on the lunar surface by the Apollo Astronauts...

Just because there are mirrors on the surface of the moon does not prove that any of the 12 Apollo astronauts allegedly put them there.
edit on 5-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't discuss members on a personal level.
I prefer to discuss content.

Please read my post again, I said "I must have been mistaken", not "might".

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join