It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fair fight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In some ways I'm with you, I have long wondered what would happen If american extremists just started kidnapping random muslims and put out videos claiming they would be beheaded unless (for exmple) al -sadr disarmed and left the Imam-ali mosque.I dont think it would really work though because the people hiding in churces to snipe U.S. forces dont really care about thier fellow man. Maybe if it was thier wife or children, but even then, is dieing by the hands of the enemy good enough for the 72 virgins? I don't know. The romans used to raise entire villages to the ground if even 1 citizen was attacked by roadside bandits, and as a result thier citizens were never touched, but that was 2000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
people hiding in churces to snipe U.S. forces dont really care about thier fellow man. Maybe if it was thier wife or children.

I dont even think that these people with these kinds of Ideals even care about thier wives and children. The only thing they truly love and would die for, or even live for, is the death of the west. A good example now is the Shrine in Najef. Al Sadr and his militia men are using human shields to keep us from bombing them to allah. I have seen the pic's on CNN of reporters in the shrine talking to these human shields. Men and women of all ages. Even boys and girls as young as 8 years old. I know that if I was thier father, my wife and children would be nowhere near that place. Not within 100 Miles!!

Now I am not saying that Al Sadr is in any way related to al queda (whom from now on reffered to as al puka) although I wouldnt doubt a connection somewhere along the line. I do believe he is of the same mind set as those fanatical al pukas.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Al Sadr's a pathetic and deluded madman who doesn't give a crap about his followers only his own agenda and when push comes to shove we've seen what he does, run.

The only way to truly beat the terrorists & insurgents is to fight them on every front. All of what you need is good intelligence, so what's really needed is infilitration into the various groups and cells, plant informants who can track them and give vital information at the right time. Learn the language, the slang, the culture infiltrate them and then results will come, although that will take some time.

I do believe you have to put the Geneva convention to one side, since they don't abide by it so why should we? You need to be more ferocious in dealing with them, remember what the British Gurkas did, apparently they used to cut of the enemy's head and stick it on a pole as a warning.

These people only respond to violence sadly.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You Wring peoples necks.

Using an M60 on an anthill would only serve to spread the ants far and wide.

When deciding that these people are more barbaric than you try this trick. Think what you would do in defense of your country if (for example), China invaded, occupied you and started making plans for the taking of your assets (by various means).

Would you make them cups of tea as they drove down your streets? If they were fantastically better armed (and armoured) than you would you choose to take them on mano-a-mano?

Then decide.

SMR

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
See,what they are doing is taking inosent people and doing this.Could any of you do the same?Could you take a simple civilian,inocent person so to speak,and threaten and behead him?
Now maybe the beheaders themselves,hell,I posted I would have no problem beating the hell out of one or all of these guys.But not an inocent civilian.
This is just the way I feel.Even if I was upset at a whole country for thier wrong doings,I would not take one of thier civilians and chop thier damn head off.
Taking a law into your own hands,that is why that place is so jacked up.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Could you take a simple civilian,inocent person so to speak,and threaten and behead him?
Now maybe the beheaders themselves,hell,I posted I would have no problem beating the hell out of one or all of these guys.But not an inocent civilian.

See now they (and you maybe in their position) will see ANY American as fair game. After all they know the effect it will have back home there.

They have an argument that these people are aiding the occupation, albeit not militarily.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
While we're at it lets add a few dead family members and lost jobs (no welfare), into the mix.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan, after the first stage of war, was 3,500 according to a few estimates on the gorund. The US itself never conducted such study, by the way. By now, this number must be soemwhat higher. And we still don't know the statistic on Iraq (where the US is also patently refuses to count the collateral damage). So in a way the civilians are already paying the price, if this is what you are after.

Now, if you suggesting taking civilians "in the middle of the night" and doing nasty things to them, you are a sick person and not very different, both technically and in mind, from a member of the SS. Did the SS invade your country and do some of these tricks to you? Didn't think so. Well it invaded mine once and I am against such "tactics".

I don't know then what the marines are fighting to protect. Your right to be barbaric?

God I can't believe there are people like that.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading that the Russians were just as barbaric during their invasion of Germany

I also seem to remember that Russia or the Soviet Union went into Afghanistan for some purpose, didn't really do much good though.

At least America or the UK isn't run by a corrupt government in the pockets of the mafia.

Try the shoe on the other foot, it may actually fit and smell just as bad!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan, after the first stage of war, was 3,500 according to a few estimates on the gorund. The US itself never conducted such study, by the way. By now, this number must be soemwhat higher. And we still don't know the statistic on Iraq (where the US is also patently refuses to count the collateral damage). So in a way the civilians are already paying the price, if this is what you are after.

Now, if you suggesting taking civilians "in the middle of the night" and doing nasty things to them, you are a sick person and not very different, both technically and in mind, from a member of the SS. Did the SS invade your country and do some of these tricks to you? Didn't think so. Well it invaded mine once and I am against such "tactics".

I don't know then what the marines are fighting to protect. Your right to be barbaric?

God I can't believe there are people like that.

Did you actually take time to read all this thread? How many times do I have to say this. I DONT AGREE WITH DROPPING BOMBS AND CAUSEING MASSIVE COLLATERAL DAMAGE! To put it simple, I want the US to kidnap close realitives of these people and threaten to behead them on videotape if they dont comply with our demands. Yes it is barbaric, but these people understand nothing but voilence. If a westerner offered a hand in forgivness to these al pukas, they would smack it away in defiance. They want tis war, we didnt. You just remember that. America didnt fly any GD planes into some huge al puka shrine somewhere.

We have tried the "moral code of conduct" in battle, but IT DOESNOT WORK!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

At least America or the UK isn't run by a corrupt government in the pockets of the mafia.

Im going to have to dissagree with you on this one. Im an American, and Im not so niave as to believe that my government is holding themselves to the highest moral standards. I dont live in the UK so I couldnt tell you of gov. incompetence except for what I have read or heard.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Kid-SS-finger,

"We have tried the "moral code of conduct" in battle, but IT DOESNOT WORK! "

That's what the Nazis said before rounding up inhabitants of a village in Belarus, locking them in barn and setting it on fire. "That'll teach these guerilla supporters". It went on and on.

My grandparents fought these Nazi sickos, and now I find one here on this board. Sweet.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Kid-SS-finger,

"We have tried the "moral code of conduct" in battle, but IT DOESNOT WORK! "

That's what the Nazis said before rounding up inhabitants of a village in Belarus, locking them in barn and setting it on fire. "That'll teach these guerilla supporters". It went on and on.

My grandparents fought these Nazi sickos, and now I find one here on this board. Sweet.

First off, watch your mouth. Im probably old enough to be your father. I know that some of these things Im saying here sound immature to some out there, but IN MY OPINION, our enemies are not acting "all grown up" themselves. Agian, Doing the moral, right, adult thing DOES NOT WORK WITH THEM!!!

If you want to talk about acting like a child, how about the one of us who could contribute a well thought out opinion, and instead results to childish name calling. If all your going to do is criticize instead of offering a reason for your thoughts, go to the whiners forum, I think its on yahoo.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
I seem to remember reading that the Russians were just as barbaric during their invasion of Germany

THEY STILL ARE!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Remember, when they are killed, they are going to get X number of smoking hot virgins to didle for all eternity.

Well, not necessarily... If they are "Contaminated" then they will not be permitted to enter "heaven" which is why the Jews are beginning to hang bags of pig blood in their stores. If a suicide bomber gets pig's blood on himself, he will be prohibited from martyrdom.

With that in mind, perhaps we should employ some terrorist tactics of our own and fly crop dusters filled with pig's blood over these extremists. Think that would do anything?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

With that in mind, perhaps we should employ some terrorist tactics of our own and fly crop dusters filled with pig's blood over these extremists. Think that would do anything?

Man that would be F'n hillarious!
I would love to see the look on 200 extreimest faces while they are wiping 5000 gallons of pigs blood from there eyes.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Will sombody please tell me why we (USA) cant fight this war on terror using the same methods that those extremeist use? why cant we terrorise them?(my spelling is attrocious, I know) Im of the opinion that we know who these main terrorist are, so why dont we kidnapp some of thier family members and start lopping off heads? Is it that we just dont have the stomach for this fight? Are we just so complacent in our dialy grind that we will continue to allow these attacks and kidnappings to continue unpunished?

IMO its time to roll up the sleaves and start getting our hands dirty! Give me the sword and Ill be the first to swing it!!!!!

"We" do terrorize them. They attck our embassies with car bombs and suicide bombers, we attck their camps, compounds and caves with 500, 1000 and 2,000 pound bombs. While "we" may not take to beheading, or do not wish to be seen as torturers "we" ship them off to Guantanamo Bay, or farm them out to various countries well known for their torture techniques, so as to appear more civilized.

It is not until midway through your post that you make clear you refer to the war in Iraq. Unfortunately, those doing the beheadings, kidnappings and killings in Iraq do so in response to being attacked.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
so you got emotional. Good. Maybe you'll be a tiny bit more susceptible to the plight of a poor Muslim woman who had the bad luck of being married to some gunman from the Sadr militia, who you propose to drag out in the street and rape and/or behead, to instill awe in the Sadr's men.

As for you being old enough to be my father, I'm 40, and in any case I'm glad I don't have a father like you. Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Kozmo you avatar is in bad taste

I don't understand that if the insurgents are all holed up in the Mosque, can't they simply use some kind of non-lethal knockout gas? I know they're cowardly using women and children as human shields but surely there's some gas that can be used?

Perhaps a new derivative of Fentalin that was used in the Moscow Siege? Obviously without the foul up

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you for noticing my avatar. I am sorry if it offends you but I am entitled to express my political opinions through either word or image as long as it remains within the ATS user agreement, which it is. For each post or u2u I have received condemning it, I have received 10 in support of it. Most consider it satirical, which is how I urge you to view it as I do NOT condone the use of nuclear (Or any WMD) weapons against anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join