It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fair fight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
You're lucky that you are an American who lives in a democratic, you have measures in place in case a dictator comes into power, power of vote for one!

You are absolutly right!
I am very lucky to have been born an American.
I dont think that this can end well for anyone if it doesnt end soon, though. There will be alot of changes, and I dont think they will be good. One of the things Im afraid of is losing the America that I Love. I can see this being very bad for All American citizens in about 5 years, if we havent ended this war by then. We will be forced to give up the very freedom we hold dear to"protect ourselves" from terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
KidFinger:

We will be forced to give up the very freedom we hold dear to"protect ourselves" from terrorist attacks.

Newsflash. Read the Patriot Act I and II, and pay attention to what's going on around you. You have already willingly given up many of the freedoms you used to have in order to "protect yourselves" against the vague threat of terrorism.

That you're not aware of it probably makes it worse.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
KidFinger:

We will be forced to give up the very freedom we hold dear to"protect ourselves" from terrorist attacks.

Newsflash. Read the Patriot Act I and II, and pay attention to what's going on around you. You have already willingly given up many of the freedoms you used to have in order to "protect yourselves" against the vague threat of terrorism.

That you're not aware of it probably makes it worse.

We have seen nothing yet. If we cant bring this war to an end soon, you wont be able to go buy milk without the Government knowing about it. How about having to get a permit just to travel between states? Govrnment home inspections. The list goes on. These are all things that Mr Ridge attempted to pass with the Patriot Act, but was rebuffed because Cheney thought that the US citizens would spit fire over it. These are planned amendments for a later date now.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
We have seen nothing yet. If we cant bring this war to an end soon, you wont be able to go buy milk without the Government knowing about it.

I agree with you, Kidfinger. The war serves the interest of those who want to encroach on out freedoms.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

We have seen nothing yet. If we cant bring this war to an end soon, you wont be able to go buy milk without the Government knowing about it.

I agree with you, Kidfinger. The war serves the interest of those who want to encroach on out freedoms.

Friends now?

In all seriousness, Freedom is what made The United States ofAmerica The number 1 super power. If we lose our freedoms, as a result, we will probably lose the top spot as well. I like being on top.

By the way, where is Moskova?

*edit for my attrocious spelling.

[edit on 8/27/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Friends now?

Close, but no cigar
I have hard time making freinds with people advocating chopping off civilians heads for whatever reason. By the way I REALLY hate what these kidnappers are doing.

In all seriousness, Freedom is what made The United States of America The number 1 super power. If we lose our freedoms, as a result, we will probably lose the top spot as well.

I would venture to say that by and large European countries had as much freedom as the US... There are many other factors that contributed to the rise of the United States, just too numerous to list.

I like being on top.

Last time I heard it from my girlfriend

By the way, where is Moskova?

Moskva is the actual name of the city of Moscow.
Moskova incidentally is same but as it was pronounced 800 years ago

In any case, I used it figuratively, I left Moscow 13 years ago tomorrow.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Last time I heard it from my girlfriend

You little perv

Moskva is the actual name of the city of Moscow.
Moskova incidentally is same but as it was pronounced 800 years ago

In any case, I used it figuratively, I left Moscow 13 years ago tomorrow.

I guess I should have paid more attention in geography in high school

By the way, sorry for the menapause crack.

*edit for gushing apology*

[edit on 8/27/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
KidFinger:

In all seriousness, Freedom is what made The United States ofAmerica The number 1 super power.

Care to explain how "freedom" is what made the US the number 1 superpower? I was under the impression you were the number one superpower because you spend more on military defense than about 40% of the rest of the world combined.

Do you mean Americans are freer than Brits? French? Canadians?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
KidFinger:

In all seriousness, Freedom is what made The United States ofAmerica The number 1 super power.

Care to explain how "freedom" is what made the US the number 1 superpower? I was under the impression you were the number one superpower because you spend more on military defense than about 40% of the rest of the world combined.

Do you mean Americans are freer than Brits? French? Canadians?

First off, let me just state that I dont believe that USA is a perfect country. I do believe that most of the citizens of the united states have more freedoms than most countries. I know we have our own internal issues ( Health Care being one of many ) But all and all, I believe that we as a Democratic State, can afford more freedoms. Im also not so foolish to think that money has nothing to do with it. On the contrary, we have one of the richest governments in the world, and that Also "affords"(pun intended) us more freedoms than most. It may not be perfect, but that is how it is.
Because of the freedom our forfathers sought for the majority of the public, we as a people have had more of a chance to grow under Many great leaders ( and some not so great). This to me means that there is never that stagnation of the population that usually occours when a country only has one ruler for 30 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join