It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of seven told: Your children are too fat, so you will never see them again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by RisenAngel77

The only one spreading disinfo is you saying being obese isnt harmful to a kids health.

Its a parents duty to bring up a child correctly, not the childs choice.

YES WE KNOW YOU HAVE SAID IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN GIVE IT A REST AND SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...Please!!!!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Revelation11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am sorry if someone already said this but I had to skip ahead a few pages as my anger levels were increasing rapidly.

The easiest fix for this family would have been for the state to pay for a gym membership and personal trainer. Then they could have made sure the family attended 5 times a week for a minimum of an hour a day. Swimming, weight training, aerobics, pilates, whatever. If you get a good work out you do chose healthier foods naturally.

Now, I also agree that a healthy diet is required but you can't just eat healthy you need a good exercise to go with it.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
While this is definitely too extreme, the other side of it is that parents have to start taking responsibility for their childrens health. Cancer, can not be prevented although a healthy lifestyle helps, but obesity can, when parents shovel unhealthy food down their childrens mouths, and don't encourage an active lifestyle, which the tax payers will end up paying for down the road.

I'm sorry, but there are a lot of lazy parents out there who don't take responsibility for their kids health. I see it every day, fat parents, with fat kids, filling the shopping cart with fatty foods. When you have a child, you're committing to looking out for their health, and if you contribute to them being unhealthy, you should be held responsibly. Of course it's not that black and white, and tearing apart families isn't the answer, but there are far too many unfit parents out there.
edit on 4-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

I speak from experience. I was a personal trainer for years, and many would be shocked at how frequently the parents were the problem, not the child. If you want multiple examples, feel free to ask.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Obese kids face all kinds of problems.

Yes, take them away - give them a life.

My son lived here in NZ with me - then he went to Greece with his father and became obese - because his Greek grandmother fed him too much.

You are not loving someone by feeding them too much.

You have any idea what kind of gate is being opened here? How about they take away your children because you are a member of ATS? Slippery slope, you bet.
Read a history book.

I was also a fat kid. By twenty I was 6'2", 210 lbs of solid muscle with no fat. My Parents, who were great Parents by the way, had zero to do with it. Had the State taken me away from them, they would have created their worst nightmare as nothing on this Earth could have stopped me from going right back, no matter what I had to do, including resorting to violence. They would have had to put me in a cage to keep me anywhere but in my real home.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
1. put children first. i dont like how the article states that it is the parents who have their children taken away.

its not putting children first. the headline may as well read, and should read, if people had their moral heads on,
'children have their parents taken away and told 'you willl never see them again' '

every time i come across people trying to deal with issues like these i find that children come last. every time, almost no matter who is doing the talking.

its as if the rights and feelings of the parents come before those of the children who are treated as chattels and non-entities until the views of those of age have been addressed. as if they had no will or feelings of their own to be listened to and respected . once in the so called care of social services those chlidren could end up somewhere like winterbourne view where they get beaten up and tortured , and doing much worse things to their bodies like needle drugs after all that.

hitler was an orrible nanny like this over other people's children and this fascist ultra micro controlling state is virtually direct from the abhorrent anals of mein kampf. they probably need some fat kids for a nasty eugenicist experiment and this is their attempt to procure some guinea pigs. nasty stasi scum.

mind you putting children first i dont like the idea of babies crawling through ashtrays and putting god knows what in their mouths. then again the state expects not to have to educate the masses or individuals over anything , including proper nutrition and its procurement ; in fact this is an area they have sealed off from the public ; a months supply of food state vitamins costing over 6 pounds per person

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I can only imagine how terrifying a prospect this must be for the children.
The belief that they themselves are responsible (ie ,through overeating), could lead to a lifetime of eating disorders, anorexia, bulimia etc.
The mental scars resulting from this anguished sense of responsibility, far exceed those that staying with their parents would result in.
I agree too, that the probability that they would actually go to a loving, supportive, healthy home is minimal.
I wouldn't be surprised if those poor kids just stopped eating out of terror.
The trauma a child would feel at those ages is true abuse.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Says who? You? Better a fat kid with a loving family than a skinny kid that is beaten by his father who's on drugs.

What a sad world you must live in where those are the only two choices. Where I come from there are many other options that do not involve any abuse. But maybe you are right. Better to be a kid with a parent that lovingly rapes you than one that hatefully beats you I guess?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I actually agree with this.

If you're incapable of raising, healthy, intelligent and well rounded members of society then you have no business having children.

I'll admit that there may be an issue when it comes to decide who is or who is not a fit parent, but I'd rather work out that comparatively minor issue than continue on with our current mentality of "any one can have kids". It doesn't work. Stupid people breed constantly because they are stupid. They cannot see the problems having multiple children will bring to their lives, unable to think through the consequences of their actions and so are unable to provide a healthy, stimulating environment for their young to grow.

edit on 4/9/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree Blaine.
I too was a 'fat kid' in school.
This only served to motivate me to learn about nutrition,exercise etc.
I lost weight ,& have kept it off since.(Over 25 years now!)
The 'sticks' that I went to school with are however are a different story!

My overweight experience as a child served as a catalyst, & while an extremely painful experience,was also one that many positive traits & strengths blossomed through & that have carried me well through my adult years.
edit on 4-9-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by EvanB

If you're incapable of raising, healthy, intelligent and well rounded members of society then you have no business having children.

I'll admit that there may be an issue when it comes to decide who is or who is not a fit parent, but I'd rather work out that comparatively minor issue than continue on with our current mentality of "any one can have kids". It doesn't work. Stupid people breed constantly because they are stupid. They cannot see the problems having multiple children will bring to their lives, unable to think through the consequences of their actions and so are unable to provide a healthy, stimulating environment for their young to grow.

You like an occassional drink?

How about the state take your kids off you for having a bottle of wine a week?

Coz thats whats coming if we allow this crap to happen!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The whole parenting system is coming down on itself. It has ever since they took away the parents right to discapline their kids with the belt or wooden spoon.

they try to justify it saying it can be done with "supernanny" tatics. That show was a laughing stock, none of the kids changed their ways under her parenting tatics.

When parents cant discapline their kids - kids have no respect for their parents - and do whatever they want when they want. Parents turn to givign in - every time to stop the nagging and the tantrums - and say yes to drugs to make them more doscile and controllable.

I was bought up with the wooden spoon. It was great. I dont think its use was out of line or too harsh.

IF parents were able to use the wooden spoon or belt without having child services come and take their kids away, kids these days would be alot more polite and discaplined.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well I am all for this, children should not be treated like fat pigs and farm animals. Obviously the parents had a chance to help these kids with the weight but refused and continued to stuff them like turkeys. To be frank I am sick of fat people... sorry but they are not just unpleasant to look at but are a huge waste of resources after all we are looking at food shortages and there are people starving in other countries. Perhaps these kids will have a chance now and live a long healthy life rather then being baby sat with a refrigerator. Fat people will eat until we become extinct as a species imo.

Just my two cents

edit on 4-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Eating less would also do the job. Eat less and save money at the same time(not to mention all the money saved from health care from potential health problems down the road), that's how it's supposed to be.
edit on 4-9-2011 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

You like an occassional drink?

How about the state take your kids off you for having a bottle of wine a week?

Coz thats whats coming if we allow this crap to happen!

So, according to you, parents have no responsibility for their childrens health? Of course it's a slippery slope, but alleviating parents of all responsibility and accountability is asinine. Sounds like you would rather parents not have any responsibility towards their kids, and be allowed to have them as unhealthy as they wish, so they can have their bottle of wine. Brilliant?

P.S. Are you an alcoholic? Your drink is more important than a childs health? If wine means so much to you, don't have a child in the first place, if it interferes with your parenting.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

i actually dont agree with you and you cannot blame parents for the environment that everyone is forced to live in. what could be more stimulating and healthy than a good dose of disney mindwash coupled with subliminal commands to drink more coca cola? because even the simpletons have been forced to live with that sort of thing. and worse .
anyone can have kids? yes and it should stay that way , unless you want to turn back the clock to when illegitimate children had to live in hiding and shame? what would you have done with these, in your manifesto, hold them full time to serve with the hitler youth? who is a fit parent or not is never ever a minor issue btw, so do not say a molehill is bigger than a mountain

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The entire thing is illogical from beginning to end.

I can't believe some of you guys are in favor of this!

Think about it.

Do you really believe that just a because a child and their family is not overweight that their overall life habits are that much better that those kids can remain with their parents?
That 'fat' parents are raising their 'fat' kids who will be a bane to society?
We can judge them so harshly by how they appear yet let a skinny couple with 13 dozen children running around, smarting off and getting together to harass people different from them keep on bearing them babies because they appear to be fine?

Prejudice much?

I know plenty of people who are overweight and let me tell you, those kids are also some of the kindest, most compassionate children and families I know and their eating habits are not the greatest but they are also doing their best to make the best of the money that they have and the schedule that they have.
I know skinny moms who treat their children like garbage, screaming at them and controlling every last thing that they eat so that they are paranoid about what they eat.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

i agree there has been some wrongful and or ill considered comments on this board, flyer for example has posted similar party line neo nanny nonsense in favour of this craziness.

controlling what a person eats < this is a bullet point characterisation of psychological abuse one of 17 forms.

this is a domestic violence issue and the state is a perpetrator ; we then are dealing with professional psychological abusers not just you 'guys'

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by SangriaRed

i agree there has been some wrongful and or ill considered comments on this board, flyer for example has posted similar party line neo nanny nonsense in favour of this craziness.

controlling what a person eats < this is a bullet point characterisation of psychological abuse one of 17 forms.

this is a domestic violence issue and the state is a perpetrator ; we then are dealing with professional psychological abusers not just you 'guys'

Neo-nanny, new term to me, but makes sense.

I hadn't thought of it as a characterization of pscyh abuse, but in hindsight, after having read about that in the past, I see your point.
This is very controlling and very scary.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Compared to that place where you hail from? Yes, clearly!

Good luck trying to invade.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Why are you taking an overweight child who may or may not be loved, to having a child who isn't overweight, but throwing out an extreme, that his father might beat him and is on drugs?!

Where the hell did you get that from?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join