It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of seven told: Your children are too fat, so you will never see them again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Read the OP. The State has been involved with this family for 3 years. For 2 of those years the family was living in a Big Brother House and under constant supervision. So if the kids have not lost weight while being monitored by the State for 2 years... what good does it do to keep them from their parents? Obviously even with the State's meddling, the kids are not losing weight. Does that not tell us something?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

What a bunch of nonsense. Dioxins find there way into fat, but then so does most things. As it stands, dioxin levels in humans the environment are actually on the decrease since the 1970's. Why then has obesity only been a problem in the past 20 years, if that?

Also, there is no Government of England and even if there was, why would they be liable?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diamonquecharm
I don't think they should take them away because they will probably face other types of abuse in the hands of the state. I think they should get tough by having the family go to some sort of weight loss clinic every two days and getting the schools involved so they give the children more activity like having an extra physical education lesson a week. Also mum and dad should be sent to some sort of self esteem building programme

I was a chubby kid. My parents sent me to fat camp. I was nervous, but my big brother said, "As soon as you get there, stab the fattest kid you see. No-one will mess with you." I get off the bus at fat camp and some kid runs straight up and stabs me.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There's a limited number of foster carers in Scotland - chances are these children will be in an institution. In Scotland that is not a good option unless the children are actually in immediate danger.

I had to visit a children's home when a friend's daughter by his ex wife actually put herself into care. In that home - they were dishing out cigarette money to 11 year olds!! The children were out in the evening while the staff had no clue of their whereabouts - as long as the child made it back before the curfew.

My friend's daughter disappeared for two days - and was found staying in the home of a 35 year old man who was known as a predator to the police and social services. Worse - the homes were being stalked by known predators - and this was known to the homes. They still let the kids out every night until curfew.

On another occasion the child was beaten half to death by other residents of the home because she was accused of taking ten pounds from one of them. She ended up in casualty and had to spend three days in hospital.

Care? It was the worst treatment of children I have ever seen. And these people are meant to be professionals.

Please do NOT make the assumption that these children will better off in the hands of the state rather than with their own parents,for all their failings.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by Terrorist
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Allow me to clarify; I only think that child protective services should be invoked when there are particularly atrocious cases like this.

Assuming the kids in this pic are the kids in question, They look perfectly healthy to me, in fact in the U.S this is considered normal.

Edit: Oh and don't forget the fact that sometimes people DO have big bones, it is not a myth. But either way, I don't see child abuse in this picture.
edit on 4-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

Actually they look malnourished by Wal-Mart standards, but send them here anyway we'll get them free mobility scooters. While it is true that some have bigger bones than others that shouldn't contribute much to overall weight. Height would seem more significant.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Strange days, almost a hundred children under five have been treated for anorexia here in the UK in the last three years.
Anorexia as far as I am aware is caused through depression, pressure to be perfect, insecurity, feeling out of control, etc.
What causes an under five to be anorexic? surely the problem has to come from within the family.

Why aren't these children taken away from the family?

Last year the problem was all kids were to thin, this year they are to fat, next year it will be something else, it is imho all about STATE CONTROL.

Yes these children are overweight but taking them away from their parents will do lasting damage imho.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

This attitude of the everyday person is what scares me. Too many control freaks that are not using empathy. What is they have Genetics that help them survive in the winter, but modern times just makes the fat stay on?

Even if not that the kids were not being abused. Teh family is always better than strangers raising the kids.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Yes they should force them to eat things they dont want to eat, thats what keeps them healthy. I take id you dont want kids to have any vaccines or medical care too because they done like them either. How about staying home from school, they dont like that either.

The parents dont love their children, they made no effort to keep them, they deserve to be taken away and placed in the care of people who will do a proper job of bringing them up.

I really don't think you need to force them to eat things they dislike. You could put them on an all jellybean diet as long as you controlled the amount, it is mostly about calories. They clearly consume far more calories than they burn off. Look at the workers on the transcontinental railroad back in the 1860's, there was special emphasis on getting their diet up to around 5,000 calories/day. none were fat, some were quite thin as they worked so hard, keep that same caloric intake and sit watching tv all day and this is the result..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Blame Hollywood.

Weight has not a direct correlation to Health.

I'd probably be in jail right now if I were ripped from my parents at 11 because the social worker pointed at my tum-tum and her Holiness shook her head.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist
reply to post by EvanB

They should face some sort of legal penalty, because that's definitely child abuse, but I agree that it's extreme for them to be faced with the possibility of never again seeing their children.

So what happens if they STAY fat with a new family? My thin sister who was always very careful about food and a vegetarian had 2 children one a fatty since birth and one very thin...nothing she did changed that.

My youngest sister was fat all her childhood, she didn't eat more then we did and there was no reason, she was a tubby baby from day one! We all ate the same and we didn't get extra food since we were poor and had 7 children...sometimes kids are just fat. She lost it when shr grew to teen years.

Another sister's husband came from a family all obese and they had a daughter who has been fat all her life she is one of those who never stop feeling hungry.. My sister is not fat and they eat right, he has 3 sisters all over 300 lb like their mother was, clearly genetic. You can't control what your kids eat when they are not home snakes at school and at friends too..
edit on 4-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Says who? You? Better a fat kid with a loving family than a skinny kid that is beaten by his father who's on drugs.

What ya think? Not to mention the history of the people running the ``social services`` being a bunch of pedophiles... where is this kid gonna end up? In a government facility where he will have no family? In a family where he will be abused? In a family where he will be ignored?

Destroying a family because some holier-than-thou think everyone should be 100% fit all the time is some uber BS...

Hell is paved with good intentions, remember that, CONTROL FREAKS.

So very true, think of the emotional damage to these kids! No telling how it will turn out, they may feel it is their faultt they lost their home and family because they ate. They may start throwing up secretly. I do know that there are few good foster homes most are very unsafe places.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Assuming the kids in this pic are the kids in question, They look perfectly healthy to me, in fact in the U.S this is considered normal.

That is a very sad reflection on your society.

Being clinically obese is not normal.

It was not many years ago the USA .gov was telling us this was normal, they saw a chunky kid as a sign of care when i was a child. Now if your kid throws up in the bathroom after meals he is healthy as long as he is looking thin and no one knows.
Good health does not have a size! it comes in all sizes and shapes!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Flyer

They dont even look Obese, chubby yes, but not obese.

THIS is obese -_-

Think he was raised by the state! Lol

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Hmmmm...

Me thinks there is definately something missing in the story, but apparently in the varied reports I;ve read about them, the family simply refused to feed the kids anything but junk. Even in the monitored home, the council couldn't enforce a diet so was forced to monitor them eating junk. Even while they were under observation, this family made no effort to change.

Giving your kids a bad diet can and will be interpreted as abuse, if it is extreme enough. I believe that extreme Vegans have had their kids removed in the past for the exact same reasons.

On the one side, we have the family's rights being infringed upon, but what is being done isn't illegal because it has been ordered by the Courts. Bear in mind this is Scotland where they have a different set of Laws, so don't go branding this as some "fascist UK" crap

If they wanted to avoid all this, all they had to do was stop eating crap and at least attempt to eat a healthier diet, but it would appear they made NO EFFORT at all. I have now read 10 different media reports about this family and that is a consistent line among all of them.

But

At some point, the state is going to have to pick up the tab for their bad choices. And it will be a big tab too.

Yeah eat some approved GM foods then everyone will feel better.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
here's a thought, rather than worrying about children who are getting too much to eat, lets focus on all the millions of children in this world that are STARVING. Even in the high and mighty western nations there are children living in near third world conditions. My heart breaks for these children as I would cook until I dropped if I could feed them all. Some interesting figures.

-Every year 15 million children die of hunger

-For the price of one missile, a school full of hungry children could eat lunch every day for 5 years

-One in twelve people worldwide is malnourished, including 160 million children under the age of 5. United Nations Food and Agriculture

-Every 3.6 seconds someone dies of hunger

library.thinkquest.org...

I seriously doubt that obesity is half as big an issue as starvation. And yet we have been made to believe that it is this epidemic that is coming for our children. There is also a LOT of disinformation floating around about obesity and I have made efforts in the past to cover this on ATS only to find that it was like shouting in a hurricane. People would rather sit on their high horses and be spoonfed info by those with agendas rather than bother to seek out the truth. Its a shame because if those kids end up being failed by the system...end up at the hands of someone who would see harm come to them....who are the real abusers here? This isnt about weight...its about power. Its about letting the citizens know that if they dont fall in line...there will be hell to pay. Do you really think it would stop at fat kids? Tell that to the aboriginal children who were ripped from their parents by whites who thought their way of life was more suitable. Now you have a bunch of adults who are strangers to their own heritage and are struggling to reconnect. My own daughter was chubby as a little kid and now that she is approaching adolescence her weight is either dropping off of moving around to create the future body of a woman. If someone would have tried to take her away from me they would have been dead on my front lawn.
edit on 4-9-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
im gonna rember this case next time some one from england calls the usa a fasscist state!
1these parents were forced into big brother like monitoring of there home because there children were a bit over weight
2.from statements in the article the parents seem quite big too so it might in fact be genetic
3 the cps or uk equivilent were originaly called to the home to investigate abuse that was fabricated admitdly by the son
4.to try to kee tthere kids they moved into a house where they could be monitored meanign they gave up there family home to try to keep there kids
5 from source "The couple and their children also had to adhere to a strict 11pm curfew. This involved ‘clocking’ in and out by filling in a sheet held by an employee who lived on site." what utter bs is this crap really uk really?
6finaly i leave with this quote also from article "These breaches led staff to declare the trial a failure and the mother was asked to leave the unit in April this year. She moved in to her husband’s flat but the children were then handed over to foster parents.

Her solicitor said he planned to use independent experts to prove that the children want to live with their parents and have been damaged by the social workers’ intervention. He added: ‘We may ultimately look towards human rights laws.’

The father, aged 56, said: ‘We have tried very hard to do everything that was asked of us. My wife has cooked healthy foods like home-made spaghetti bolognese and mince and potatoes; we’ve cut out snacks and only ever allowed the kids sweets on a Saturday. But nothing we’ve done has ever been enough.

‘The pressure of living in the family unit would have broken anyone. We were being treated like children and cut off from the outside world. To have a social worker stand and watch you eat is intolerable. I want other families to know what can happen once social workers become involved. We will fight them to the end to get our beloved children back.’" these dont sound like bad parents they dont even sound like half bad parents what is going on accross the pond and why does it seem people have such a problem with kids being raised by paretns these days

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

if your lawyer is having to look up human rights violations to use against the state the state screwed up pretty bad

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I was quite disgusted by the article. Fancy having social services hover over you while you're eating at the dinner table?

Social services stalking this family while there are little kids, known on their books, are getting bashed almost daily and even dying!

They are going the wrong way about it. I'm 100% certain Jamie Oliver would love to put this family under his wing and teach the parents and kids who are old enough the skills of good cooking etc. Dieticians are just bloody useless. I can already see from the backsides of this family they are intolerant to Gluten and other foods. They need a C-Peptide test taken before venturing on to any diet. Dieticians are too stupid to know what these tests mean.

Yes, this family needs help....but NOT from social services!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

They clearly arent good parents. They dont deserve their kids if they are likely sending them onto a lifetime of health problems.

My friend had a fat kid, shes now 19 and still overweight by 50% and is huge.

A lifetime of health problems. Give me a break. Those health problems can be fixed quite fast when the kids grows a brain and realize being fat can be fixed if you work on it... or you can be fat and still be happy...

Being fat isn't ``evil`` as many people here seem to think... If you choose to be fat, you choose to most likely die earlier than the average guy but it doesn't make you a worst person...

People are really crazy trying to control everyone's behavior all the time.

True and think of people like Oprah her fatness helped her empathy which has led to her success and may others like her...you can even see reading here the lack of empathy in people who think body size is what health is all about, but really today'sgeneration are just using that excuse it is beauty they are looking for and they think is the most important factor in life.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This shows that 1984 is already here.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They clearly arent good parents. They dont deserve their kids if they are likely sending them onto a lifetime of health problems.

My friend had a fat kid, shes now 19 and still overweight by 50% and is huge.

A lifetime of health problems. Give me a break. Those health problems can be fixed quite fast when the kids grows a brain and realize being fat can be fixed if you work on it... or you can be fat and still be happy...

Being fat isn't ``evil`` as many people here seem to think... If you choose to be fat, you choose to most likely die earlier than the average guy but it doesn't make you a worst person...

People are really crazy trying to control everyone's behavior all the time.

Yes and are they removing children from homes of smokers? How about drinkers? Children of those are exposed and/or known to grow up with the same habit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join