It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well OP I have to congradulate you for this beautiful piece of DIY hardware you built!

I recommend you to look into the "lifter" technology. Perhaps with your skills and talent you could make a lot of improvement on it...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Well OP I have to congradulate you for this beautiful piece of DIY hardware you built!

I recommend you to look into the "lifter" technology. Perhaps with your skills and talent you could make a lot of improvement on it...

Yes it is a nice piece of kit, and using non-magnetic material for conductivity, (same as the lifter). I'm thinking that there has to be a lot of heat to take care of though. The lifter is something else and the same, all it needs is an independent power source. Produce this lifter power source on the fly, (literally speaking) and there is a whole new technology well, new in the sense of power source. BTW, NASA have stolen the lifter tech, U.S. patent, #6,317,310 granted to a NASA employee, I would say, just to be sure, to be sure, and they'll probably hide it all under a bushel if they can.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Add me to the list of customers, I'd love one on my desk.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I too, would like to be added to the list. I'll pay top dollar.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is this not the same base?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28311904bafc.jpg[/atsimg]

From alibaba.com

The induction base also lights up LEDs in the globe. It may be a cheap Chinese "knockoff" but that's capitalism for you, you would be hard pressed to sell a toy for $200-300, when these go for 13, if the toy it's floating weighs 3 oz then they built the base to support that much and no more, all to keep the cost per unit down. Obviously they're not catering to a specialty crowd or collectors.

What would be fun is to see the technology become as common on the web as plans for a Tesla coil, then you'll see home inventors and experimenters building ginormous ones just to see who can lift the most weight.

Imagine one of these pads large enough to loft an elevator into space...!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

I WANT ONE!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
great piece of work my friend! but we can all clearly tell it is a Chinese lantern

ill definitely take one for christmas.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sick!!! Such a cool idea... I had a big grin on my face when I saw the pictures.

The best part is that the UFO is machined from billet aluminum, it gives a really authentic look and screams quality.

The blue LED's are a nice touch, I remember Lazar mentioning the blue glow from the corona discharge.

$200-$300 sounds about right considering the UFO is machined from billet.

A Chinese knockoff would likely be made of cheap molded plastic.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Truly badass! Starred and flagged!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by minto
Interesting - Im 'assuming' that they need to be over that magnetic board to hover like that?

what if the earth acted as a giant magnetic 'board' per se?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
They're $43 each, if you order 500 of them, I know, I just placed my order

also have an order placed for 500 saucers. Stay tuned.

So if I'm reading this right, you just dropped $22k on 500 floating globes? What do the saucers you ordered look like?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Is this not the same base?

no, that is NOT the same base. i have been heavily invested in this project for over 2 years. i know every base manufacturer out there. that is a cheap chinese knock-off that can only hold up less than 100 grams. it is inferior in every way - not only because they blatantly STOLE from the original inventor but also because they are watered-down crappy knock-off 'toy' versions that suck and can't hold any significant weight. if unoriginal thieving bottom feeders like ProfessorVeritas think they can make what i've made from one of the inferior 'toy' bases that are out there then they are sadly mistaken. at best they'll spend alot of money and end up with a POS knock-off of no value, artistic merit, quality, or integrity. which i'm sure is par for the course for people like him. just more cheap crap like that which you can find on alibaba's website.

anyways - i will not pander to the trolls in this thread any further. thank the rest of you for your kind words and interest. i will let you guys know if/when i can get a number of them made. i was just showing you guys my proof of concept prototype. right now i just have two large custom bases (one for me and one for BL) on order that will support the larger craft (8") at a levitation height of 2.5". a smaller unit is also in the works with the 0.75" levitation height. when i work out all the kinks - i will post the results. i am actively working on it and will keep you all in the loop.
edit on 6-9-2011 by h4y6d2e because: clarification

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

I really do hope your saucers will look like the wedding cake model.
edit on 6-9-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

It doesn't have to spin.
The base has 4 or more coils whicn produce the field, the ship (or whatever) will sit in the middle of these fields, since this is lower than at the edge, it can't fall off the base, to do so it would have to 'climb up' the fields surrounding it..
Cool nonetheless...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The bases I ordered are the "new" type that the levitating object can indeed spin without accidently slamming into the base.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

wrong. i will ensure that janick and any affiliate he knows has nothing to do with you. you're getting reported.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
My saucers will look just like OP's, I used his pictures and measurements, except I ordered mine with "show polish" which is pretty much a mirror finish. Oh and the bases I ordered can hold up 400 grams = 14oz.
I should be able to sell them for just under $90 bucks I'm thinking.

This sounds cool but... how do we know you aren't trolling? You just recently registered last month, it's not like you are well known/respected around here.

Don't get me wrong, I am interested to see what you (or someone else) come up with. Assuming you are legit, a good idea would be to incorporate some type of plaque/description to go along with the display. If you have ever seen a Sideshow Collectables piece you would know what I mean. It should say "Sport Model" or something to that effect and include a small description.

One poster previously mentioned a Bob Lazar signature, and that would be fantastic, although it would likely be difficult to obtain...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join