It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

If you want to see the gyro lecture that first went out in december '76 you can see it HERE
It's not 5 hours though

After this lecture, they threw him out of the Royal Society....enough said.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
I have bought gallium from Bob Lazar a few times before so I have some contact with him, I'll ask him if he will be interested in selling a "signature" series from his United Nuclear website .

Awesome... and hey, if he can't manually sign them, you could try to get his permission to use his signature digitally, like for example as an image that is printed onto the base.

Also just to clarify on the plaque, it should be attached to the base on the front or top (either is fine). Signature should be on top of the base in my opinion. Below are a couple of examples of the plaque on the front (Space Shuttle) and on the top (Firefly Ship).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
I like the plaque on the space shuttle base. I was thinking that Bob could just sign the saucer itself? Maybe with a black sharpie or something similar?

A signature on the base is ideal. Sideshow replicas almost always have the signature on the base, never on the model itself. In my opinion, I don't think signing the saucer itself is a good idea, it would ruin the presentation of the model.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Another option is to sign the plaque itself. You could send Lazar a stack of plaques and have him sign them... or like I mentioned earlier, you could simply get his permission to use his signature. You could then have his signature engraved or printed onto the plaque. This method is not uncommon when replicas are mass produced. A couple of examples are shown below.

These Iron Man busts have been signed by Stan Lee directly on their bases.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Photos or it didn't happen. Oh, wait.

Seriously. That is fantastic. A great model. You shouldl go commercial, there is a market to be cornered there.

Big S&F from me. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
yes i agree, very nicely done. If you make a bigger version (say about 1m wide) you could set it in your living room to use as the best coffee table ever! Awww that would be so awesome for picking up chicks!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by icouldeataknobatnight
Awww that would be so awesome for picking up chicks!!!

Dont you mean beaming up chicks

2nd

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not sure why Veritas was banned???

Anyways, my comments go for anybody who is thinking about making these, OP you especially. I'm just sharing my opinions/ideas with you guys.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adon115
Not sure why Veritas was banned???

Anyways, my comments go for anybody who is thinking about making these, OP you especially. I'm just sharing my opinions/ideas with you guys.

he was blatantly trolling and stating that he was intentionally stealing my hard work and idea and you were encouraging him. it's hard to believe that you would outright encourage a thief like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e
he was blatantly trolling and stating that he was intentionally stealing my hard work and idea and you were encouraging him. it's hard to believe that you would outright encourage a thief like that.

I don't want to go off topic here, but I think maybe you need to cool your jets. I don't think you can declare anybody a thief when you yourself have blatantly copied a Testors model... It's not like you are the designer/creator of the Sport Model. The design is Bob Lazar's and it is licensed to Testors. You don't own patents or copyright on anything. Not even on the magnetic levitation.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what you have done here, it's just that I think you may be taking more credit than is due.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Do you plan on selling these and how much?

James
cool:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not trying to bring your creation down at all, but in the pic that you have the lid off it, that would make an excellent novelty ashtray, or coin tray or whatever.

You should try and get these into gadget shops and the like.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My paranoid antennas tell me that something very suspicious may be going on here, but as i said i am just a paranoid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adon115I don't want to go off topic here, but I think maybe you need to cool your jets. I don't think you can declare anybody a thief when you yourself have blatantly copied a Testors model... It's not like you are the designer/creator of the Sport Model. The design is Bob Lazar's and it is licensed to Testors. You don't own patents or copyright on anything. Not even on the magnetic levitation.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what you have done here, it's just that I think you may be taking more credit than is due.

look - i didn't start this thread to have to justify, explain, or defend my project to the remedial and obtuse or trolls who lack a fundamental understanding of the concept of right and wrong, professionalism, civility, decorum, common courtesy, the golden rule, or what have you. you are wrong and there's no way can spin anything that's gone on here in a way that justifies your actions or the actions of that troll. period.

we all know what they say about arguing with idiots on the internet, as you can explain things to them but you can't understand it for them. so i guess with that being said if you don't have anything else constructive to say with regards to this project that *I* have created then i would thank you kindly to stay out of the remainder of this thread. if you choose to escalate this into a flame war or start trolling then i will ask that you be removed as well.

Mosfet51: as i stated earlier, i will let you guys know if/when i can get a number of them made. i am actively working on it and will keep you all in the loop. right now other craft being considered are the TR-3B and Adamski UFO. if anyone else has a suggestion - let me know

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Enterprise D, Romulan Bird of Prey, etc. How crucial is symmetry and balance to the object being floated?
edit on 6-9-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

the weight needs to be evenly dispersed. while the levitating magnet is kind of 'locked' in place - it doesn't take much to knock it out of its sweet spot and it will then SLAM to base. a simple poke will do. ever had two fairly large neodymium magnets slam into each other due to magnetic attraction? it's crazy powerful and can end up damaging (scratching/denting) the base top or worse - fracturing the ring magnet below. definitely an issue with a weighty aluminum disc hovering above. the errant curious finger pokes at it or the power fails then BAM.

the floating magnet platform comes with a rubber 'cup' that it nestles into to try to help prevent damage. don't know that i will be using metal for the base top. looking into other options. don't want to damage the base or scratch/dent the aluminum disc.
edit on 6-9-2011 by h4y6d2e because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
great stuff man,
the possibilities are endless. I can imagine myself buying a model hover board with an actual scale marty riding it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join