It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow that is VERY well done! There is definite interest for people there in regards to having something cool in their room (lava lamps are so last century). If you managed to produce enough they would sell quite well I would imagine.

I can't imagine just how long that wold have taken you to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gar1986

if keen to mass produce let me know...got friends in china.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
Actually, just incorporate a Theremin and it would be the ultimate UFO toy!

I LOL'ed. Good thing I was between sips of coffee when I got to your post. I saw a show on PBS recently about the theramin.

Great work, h4y6d2e, you have a cool enough hobby to make a living off it, if you play your cards right. If you need CAD drawings, solid models, etc...let me know, I'll work pro-bono.

BOOO on all the ignorance and negativity in this thread, my goodness how some have tromped on in here as though the OP was claiming some wildly exotic, never-before-seen tech. People need to spend more time on a post than just reading the title.

Heck, the title even sets the appropriate level of expectation...."model"?, "replica"? are these new words to a lot of you yucks?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I agree, some ATSers are some of the most negative people I've EVER seen

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
You should go on Dragon's Den
You will make a fortune!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Congratulations. I think you're going to make quite alot of money from this. I await further updates as I reeeally want one of these!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Very nice indeed! You could sell these easily

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by StumpDrummer

Good idea, dude

Easily done, just bring a phase difference into the 4 coils, maybe using the NE565 chip or so......
You could even program a pattern of movements, left-right, up/down circles etc.
Quick, where's my notebook!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I want one

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Maybe this new superconductor discovery could be applied to raise the base load capacity from a few pounds to a few tons.

"Novel magnetic, superconducting material opens new possibilities in electronics"
www.physorg.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You would be very interested in watching a copy of the Royal institution christmas lectures by Eric Laithwaite, I think he covered these very same principles over two different years. The one that sticks out most in my mind was called something like " Engineer through the looking glass " & " Engineer in wonderland ", where he demonstrated a prototype of what is now China's magnetic train, the Maglev ( which he invented ) and the Magnetic river system of propulsion ( which he also invented ) and the linear induction motor. He also covered gyroscopic principles and was years ahead of his peers, which got him into hot water for a long time. I think it was his gravity demonstrations that upset people most, but I could be wrong. The BBC did their best to remove any mention of him having any involvement with them, at one time, there was also NO mention of his christmas lecture existing. I have not checked around lately, so I don't know, I used to have a lot of this info on my old computer, before it expired, leaving no chance of recovery of aything worthwhile from it.

Perhaps someone out there in interwebthingy land has access to these lectures, it would be great to see it all again.

P.S. There is a one hour lecture about gyroscopes by him, which was taken out of one of the lectures. Remember that each of these lectures would have consisted of about 5 hours each.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

edit on 5-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

edit on 5-9-2011 by Qwenn because: P.S.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am interested to know if the weight is transferred to the base, ie if the hovering object weighs 2 kg and the base 2kg, does the base end up weighing 4 kg when the object is hovering?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion
I am interested to know if the weight is transferred to the base, ie if the hovering object weighs 2 kg and the base 2kg, does the base end up weighing 4 kg when the object is hovering?

Thanks!

Very interesting question, I feel the answer may be equally as " interesting "

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Cool piece of art.

I'm curious if the magnet controls could be used in another way. I wonder if a CD spindle could be levitated and spun by that system, and set up with optics hidden in the base unit under clear acrylic or something. Of course almost everything is .mp3 these days, but there still might be a market for showy stuff when it comes to the hoity-toity "audiophile" crowd.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very original design... not.

Now, why don't you get them manufactured in China and we can buy them cheaply.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
WOW thats sick man! Great job, what is the energy to weight ratio to make it hover? will the amount of energy needed to make say a 20' diameter disk be so much that you will need an alternate source to make it hover?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Thanks for the video man. It looks ace. I wants!

Let us know when you go into production and where we can order or whatever.

st.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion

Thanks!

Good ques, I would think so. I've only read the first page and this one.
in any case good job OP.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's what I like.

Taking existing toys and creating something that looks stunning and actually makes sense.

A floating golf ball - a floating gyroscope. Where's the sense in that?

But a flying saucer silently (?) floating above a board is truly beatiful. Can't help thinking that a small model of a piece of ground like the stuff you build for your micro train set would be perfect.

edit on 5.9.2011 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Great work nicly done.

Thought about adding some reflecting nodes on and a few subtle air jets to spin the craft? the reflecting nodes providing a padle to catch the air and ofc twinkling edge lights as it spins off the LEDS!

very cool, im jelous of your skill.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join