It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans don't belong on earth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Like me, my meniscus in my left knee was torn i couldn't even walk when it was torn, i thankfully can now, if this was way back when i would be dead, since my genes wouldn't have been strong enough to continue the lineage

It was your knee, not your penis.

Surely you could still reproduce, and a physical injury such as that doesn't transfer genetically?
edit on 4-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by aorAki because: formatting seems strange?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

...it takes humans at least 18 years to be somewhat self sufficient.

Maybe in the western world. But I've seen more 10 year old Indian kids who are smarter and more mature than the way 10 year olds are raised in 1st world nations.

Animals are born perfect, survival of the fittes, if they're disabled theyre left to die, humans on the other hand we have variation...

I always thought we humans are parasites on this earth, but I never thought to compare ourselves (in the way that you just did) to other animals.

I guess that's one way to look at it: that we humans are weaker than other animals when it comes to surviving the natural elements of the earth.

However, couldn't one arguement be made that our brains have evolved faster than our bodies, and that is how we became the "fittest" in that regard?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Think about it.
Cats, dog etc, have fur, feathers, scales etc to protect them from their natural enviroment, they dont need to live in houses, they are born perfect without dissabilities, due to evolution and the survival of the fittest.
Hell horses on their first day they are born, they are running around, not that i like horses, just pointing it out.

edit on 3-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

- Humans are born helpless because our brains would not fit through the birth canal if the gestation period was any longer. From an evolutionary perspective, the advantages of a bigger brain as an adult must outweigh the disadvantages of a helpless baby stage. Smaller brained animals can gestate longer and therefore be born with more self-sufficiency. We're at the top of the food chain so I wouldn't sell our abilities down the river so quickly.

- Many of the animals you reference do not have color vision. - Advantage
- I would be interested in seeing a dog climb a tree without thumbs. - Advantage
- The ability to climb gives us access to new food sources and provides a haven from ground-based predators.
- Our bipedal walk allows us to see over obstacles like tall grasses to spot predators or animals to hunt.
- We are immune or resistant to numerous bacteria and viruses that could easily be deadly to someone with no exposure to our planet's microorganisms.

edit on 4-9-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

Hm only marine animals at very high depths with very low light have monochromatic vision... every species I can think of has tri or tetrachromatic vision which is color, just missing 1 or two tones...

The dog is not a climber, is a runner and a jumper... try to ask that question including any feline and I can tell you how thumbs are useless for climbing. And actually... the best human tree climbers dont use thumbs to climb, they "hug" the tree, then use their legs to push themselves up, then hug the tree again, and so on.

Funny thing about that "immune system" of ours... cats have aids, and its not deadly, and some monkeys have ebola which again is nothing to them... so its a win-lose argument.

We have our brain, thats true... but "naturally" we're the most weak and less prepared of all species on this planet... altho, we have this brain, which makes us able to achieve (or mimic) any animal's treat... ok, so we cant have claws yet, or a tongue that catches stuff, or jump 2 or 3 football fields (this last one, could be achieved like the one jumping 30 times our height, but our structure would have to be reinforced to sustain the "reentry" impact)... but I'm sure that manipulating the right genes we can turn into "xmen".

So what we lack in physical abilities we certain compensate with the brain that accomplishes everything...

We're able to mutate... for me, speed self-healing, super human strength, adamantium endoskeleton and retractile claws would make my day... think this has been done before tho

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Like me, my meniscus in my left knee was torn i couldn't even walk when it was torn, i thankfully can now, if this was way back when i would be dead, since my genes wouldn't have been strong enough to continue the lineage

It was your knee, not your penis.

Surely you could still reproduce, and a physical injury such as that doesn't transfer genetically?

edit on 4-9-2011 by aorAki because: formatting seems strange?

Because girls love guys who are disabled right.
And we all know disabled guys are capable providers back in way when, when intelligence didn't factor it, but brute strength?

Hypothetical of course, since we never were cave men, and we didn't evolve, im alive today, because we didn't evolve, but were created.
Our humans, began with the sumerians, who already started of pretty good, they had education, medicine etc etc.
When someone like me was injured in Sumer, they would have been healed, by mankind, not killed of.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
when it comes to rapid evolution look at our technology in the 1950's. very much like the gap in our dna evolution, Whats the story behind both cases? I dont know im not TPTB.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I believe in the 1950's, we advanced so much was due to the Roswell crash.
Everything we have from there on up, is basically reverse engineered from the crash.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

It makes no difference whether this is our real home or not, we are here now and it's all we've got and if people don't start looking after this beautiful planet, then we are screwed. Sorry but the planet is not trying to kill us and not all humans are out to destroy it, only a few are. It helps to keep things in perspective.

Cats and dogs are domesticated animals, they have been adapted to live amongst humans and would die without human care or scraps of food lying around. Have you seen many fat stray cats and dogs? All the ones I've seen look skinny and in bad shape and on the verge of death. As for humans, we are the most resilient & adaptable species on this planet and have survived many extinction level events and we are still alive and kicking, when all other animals went extinct and living in shelters is what saved us, along with our superior intelligence.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai

...it takes humans at least 18 years to be somewhat self sufficient.

Maybe in the western world. But I've seen more 10 year old Indian kids who are smarter and more mature than the way 10 year olds are raised in 1st world nations.

Animals are born perfect, survival of the fittes, if they're disabled theyre left to die, humans on the other hand we have variation...

I always thought we humans are parasites on this earth, but I never thought to compare ourselves (in the way that you just did) to other animals.

I guess that's one way to look at it: that we humans are weaker than other animals when it comes to surviving the natural elements of the earth.

However, couldn't one arguement be made that our brains have evolved faster than our bodies, and that is how we became the "fittest" in that regard?

I recognize humans as both assholes and parasites.
But i must admit than post 80's, humans have done some pretty cool things.
Hmm, our way of thinking has evolved, i still think it's the same brain architecture, but just an evolution of the way we think.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

This theory is nothing new, it's called panspermia and it doesn't just apply to humans, but all species on Earth.

www.panspermia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Nineteen flags and twenty-three stars for this rubbish?

Your opening post is lazy and ignorant. Fifteen minutes of research would have shown you that nearly every statement you make in it is wrong. You couldn’t be bothered to spend even that much time yourself before you decided you were going to waste ours. You premises are false and your claim is rubbish.

As for the people who gave you flags and stars, I can only conclude that they are very, very young. Toddlers, in fact.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

brush up on your reading comprehension there buddy,

you clearly have no clue what a contradiction means

I am not your buddy. You are an idiot. After this post, I have nothing more to say to you.

It's not a contradiction, simply because it can't happen.
Disabilities don't happen in the wild, and if and when they do,

If it does not, there would be no 'if' or 'when.'

LOL buddy, no, you really have no clue as to how to use grammar, hatever feeds your false sense of grammar knowledge.
Pick up a dictionary champ.
edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Nineteen flags and twenty-three stars for this rubbish?

Your opening post is lazy and ignorant. Fifteen minutes of research would have shown you that nearly every statement you make in it is wrong. You couldn’t be bothered to spend even that much time yourself before you decided you were going to waste ours. You premises are false and your claim is rubbish.

As for the people who gave you flags and stars, I can only conclude that they are very, very young. Toddlers, in fact.

You blind?
Try re-reading it again.
Your post has nothing to add, it's only confrontation based on nothing, if only you didn't live in a deluded condescending state of mind, you'd be able to figure out what the conversation was about.
Thanks for proving creationism tho
, if we evolved there's be no idiots.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

First, most large mammals live relatively long lives, horses can live for 30+ years, elephants have been known to live for 60-70 years, and some of the other animals have life spans that we haven't been able to calculate i.e. sharks, giant tortoises, the giant snakes. Second, we did not evolve from apes, we and the modern apes evolved from a very distant common ancestor.

As far as your height and weight go, as little as 100 years ago, they would have been considered the norm, and even now they are not uncommon. You are only weak because the environment you live in allows you to be and survive. If you had grown up in a harsher or more demanding environment, you would be physically stronger.

What has caused most western peoples to grow as large as they do are changes in diet and modern medicine. We have far more protein in our diet then our recent ancestors did and the childhood diseases that restricted growth are no longer common; also, since children are not forced to engage in hard labor at young ages, more of the nutrition they consume can go to growth instead of just survival.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If you're using Pye to bolster your argument, you've already failed. Creationists, and don't be fooled -- Lloyd Pye is as much a creationist as Kent Hovind (and about as reputable), attack Darwin and his imperfect understanding of the mechanisms behind evolution like it's going to cause the theory of evolution to crumble. It's a bit like saying that supersonic travel must be impossible because the Wright brothers didn't have some jet engines strapped on the Kitty Hawk flyer. What they parrot on about as "Darwinian evolution" is only one part of the various fields that go into modern evolutionary synthesis.

And you only have to go about 1/3 of the way down your posted link to see why Pye should be ignored until he can actually get his facts straight:

Darwinists teach and preach that life began spontaneously in a mass of molecules floating freely in the Earth's earliest rivers and seas. Those molecular precursors somehow formed themselves into organic compounds that somehow formed themselves into the very first living organism.

Except what he's talking about, the hypothesis of abiogenesis, has nothing to do with evolution. At all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Think about it.
Cats, dog etc, have fur, feathers, scales etc to protect them from their natural enviroment, they dont need to live in houses, they are born perfect without dissabilities, due to evolution and the survival of the fittest.
Hell horses on their first day they are born, they are running around, not that i like horses, just pointing it out.

Those animals have perfect night vision, humans can barely see in the dark.

Humans on the other hand, need houses, humans make the enviroment adapt to them, human babies are too weak on their first day of birth, they born naked, hungry etc, it takes humans at least 18 years to be somewhat self sufficient.
We need shelter to live, we can't live in the open, we'll die, wolves will kill us, predators will kill us, the cold will kill us, we can't hunt, we have to kill cattle etc.

Animals are born perfect, survival of the fittes, if they're disabled theyre left to die, humans on the other hand we have variation, some are disabled, some are smart, some are dumb, does the animals in the wild have this?

Humans aren't a natural part of this ecosystem, mother nature is not our mother, but a cold hard bitch who wants us dead.

Thoughts?

edit on 3-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

Man I'm not picking on you but you really need to research things.

Humans haven't always been born as helpless as we are. We were getting smarter and our brain was getting bigger and with standing upright the hips and birth canal of the female were getting to narrow for the head. The answer? Develop a long gestation because the most powerful brain on the planet needs time to develope in the womb but have the baby born before all else is developed or the head won't get out. Answer? Develop a strong chemical reaction in the brain and a driving need to look after the infant for a lot of years and community mentality. It's evolution and trade offs. A human baby is born with a big head in relation to the birth canal because its got a big brain so it had to come out before the body was developed and that might have been the end of us had nature not made us need to be communal and look after the ones who can't look after themselves. This is very basic stuff and understood for a long time.

Also we don't need everything else other animals have because of our big powerful brain and in fact our bodies are designed for this planet most effectivaly. the very way we are made makes us the most adapted and adaptable hunter.

Also what you see today is NOT our natural environment. What we have today is a smear of modern human with a strong underlying of hunter gatherer. Look it up

Give me a 50 square kilometers with wild deer and 20 people. Let me hold back food from those 20 people. In 3 weeks I'll show you 20 hunter gatherers.

edit on 4-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hate getting to a thread late...everything's probably been said, but...

There are also many examples of the opposite. Animals can certainly be born with deformities, can grow to have disabilities later, and can suffer from cold, heat, and so on just as we can. Nearly all animals have predators, and will get picked off. Not all animals have 'perfect night vision', infact I'd say very few do.

Some humans are "still" excellent hunters. "Still" is an important word, because thousands of years ago humans were hunter-gatherers. Watch some nature documentaries. Just a few days ago, someone here referenced a video about an African tribe that literally runs beasts down until they collapse from exhaustion. Now that's survival of the fittest.

Humans are well enough suited to their environment. We have different skin colours and other differences in features such as our eye lids, hair and behaviour that helps us in our natural environments. We have fingers and thumbs, and large brains that allows us to modify our environment, an advantage over having to deal with the environment instead. There is no sole 'natural habitat' that we are restricted to, thanks to technology.

We are no more weak than, say, a shark (that is perfectly suited to his environment, you might think) would be laying out in the savannah where the African tribes are suited to their environment.

What you mention is a cultural thing, come about in recent years. The weak and "useless" survive because it's "humane".
edit on 4-9-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Cats, dog etc, have fur, feathers, scales etc

You forgot apes, monkeys "etc." lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don`t believe we belong on Earth. We may have evolved over time but the planet Earth is far older than humanity, shes suffered 5 extinction level events in her lifetime that we know of and i firmly believe that we originated from a planet that is NOT Earth. The closest species to our own is the primate and there is enough evidence and difference between primate and human to suggest that there must have been a helping hand in our evolution,possibly from an alien species. Take the difference between domestic dog and wolf for example, genetically related (the dog shares 99% of its genes with the wolf, they are so closely related that they can interbreed and produce offspring) and they share the same behavioural patterns. I chose the wolf and dog as my example here as there is evidence to suggest that the domestic dog evolved alongside man and we shaped the wolf into the domestic dog. The gap between man and ape is around the same (98%?) yet we can`t breed with primates and our behavioural patterns are completely different. Why is this?

There is also mountains of evidence that there were many civilisations before our own that show civilian and technical advances far beyond our own now and they could well have been visited by extra terrestrial beings.

As a species, we do seem hell bent on destroying our planet, we don`t care about mother Earth, we don`t treat her or her inhabitants kindly and we kill for sport, not just for food. No other species on this planet has caused the destruction that we have amongst our own kind or the planet and its inhabitants. This doesn`t put us at the top of our food chain, nor does it make us the strongest species. We may shape our environment around us but its not for humanities benefit or for the planets as we destroy as we go. To put it in the words of Agent Smith, "You are a cancer. A plague". And our behaviour proves this. We`re nothing but a virus, in truth.

And by the way, going off topic here, OP. Wolves kill people? REALLY? I work with dogs and wolves and i`ve never seen a wolf attack or kill a person, they only attack if they`re sick or rabid. They are scared of us and choose to stay out of our way, with very good reason.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Bananas did have seeds until we bred them out of the fruit, and we are now breeding them back in so that they can again survive without us.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join