It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praying For Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Please pray for Obama.
Psalm 109:8

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Why should anyone pray for a corporate tool?

Maybe I'm missing something?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Once? Or five times a day?

Just checking!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburnMaybe I'm missing something?

Psalms 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.'

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
Please pray for Obama.

Pray for the devil and the destruction of mankind?

Are you a shill or just an idiot? Either one would be correct in this case.

Are you paying attention to what is actually happening in the World or are you part of the Global Elite Underlings that do the bidding of your masters?

You have made me so F^&%&^ angry with this post...but then again, maybe that's your goal. Whatever your agenda is, you deserve the consequences of your belief.

And now you are going to get all the attention you want with posts that will put this thread on the front page....mission accomplished.

People like you are what is destroying this World....I truly hope you have not spawned any children.

edit on 3-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Originally posted by watchitburnMaybe I'm missing something?

Psalms 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.'

Winner - Winner, Chicken Dinner! Get that man a balloon!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11..

Read my post above yours...

edit on 9/3/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Please pray for Obama.

Are you a shill or just an idiot? Either one would be correct in this case.

Are you paying attention to what is actually happening in the World or are you part of the Global Elite Underlings that do the bidding of your masters?

You have made me so F^&%&^ angry with this post...but then again, maybe that's your goal. Whatever your agenda is, you deserve the consequences of your belief.

And now you are going to get all the attention you want with posts that will put this thread on the front page....mission accomplished.

People like you are what is destroying this World....I truly hope you have not spawned any children.

Calm down "guy I have never met in my life"!!!!!!!

Now pay attention.........

May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible:
Let his days be few - Let him be soon cut off; let his life be shortened. It cannot be wrong for an officer of justice to aim at this; to desire it; to pray for it. How strange it would be for a magistrate to pray "that a murderer or a traitor should be long lived!" And let another take his office - So every man acts, and practically prays, who seeks to remove a bad and corrupt man from office. As such an office must be filled by someone, all the efforts which he puts forth to remove a wicked man tend to bring it about that "another should take his office;" and for this it is "right" to labor and pray.

The act does not of itself imply malignity or bad feeling, but is consistent with the purest benevolence, the kindest feelings, the strictest integrity, the sternest patriotism, and the highest form of piety. The word rendered office here is in the margin "charge." It properly denotes a "mustering, an enumeration;" then, care, watch, oversight, charge, as in an army, or in a civil office. In Acts 1:20, this passage is applied to Judas, and the word - the same word as in the Septuagint here - is rendered in the text "bishopric," in the margin, "office." See the notes at that passage. It had no original reference to Judas, but the language was exactly adapted to him, and to the circumstances of the case, as it is used by the apostle in that passage.

Hmm....

No mention of a devil there, or any mention of destruction of mankind.

Don't know where this attack from you is stemming from, but I do not appreciate it. Chill out!

Would a hug help?

edit on 3-9-2011 by azbowhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Ok dude, I got it.

I don't adhere to the bible and therefore don't have a take on its content but your thread title deserves what it got if not explained and is actually meant as irony.

Nice dig tho...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's actually kind of funny, given that it's on people shirts, bumper stickers, etc... I wonder how many idiots had rocked out with this stuff, not even knowing the context of the message..

It's nothing new.. The article below was from 2009.

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister?
www.csmonitor.com...

CafePress bans all 'Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8' merchandise.
thinkprogress.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
For those of you...who haven't bothered to look up Psalm 109:8...it says...

"let his days be few, and let another take his office."

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Look up the Psalm and verse...then you will realize...what the author of this thread really ment.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Or you could quote Christ:

Matthew 5:43 - “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I pray for the dumb sunuvabitch that is wasting perfectly good space in the White House. I may despise what he has done to our country, but he literally has the weight of the world on his shoulders; and he - for better or worse - is the leader of our country and the rest of the free world. I would say if anyone needs prayer it is good ol' Barry (if only to ask God to give him enough common sense to keep from totally screwing us.)
edit on 9/3/2011 by OldCorp because: added BOLD text

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Once? Or five times a day?

Just checking!!

I saw what you did there...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
(if only to ask God to give him enough common sense to keep from totally screwing us.)

Only if it has been determined that God and righteousness is what motivates him.

In that, I am not convinced.

In fact, I am certain that he and Cheney eat dead babies raw for breakfast.

But I understand what you mean.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Please pray for Obama.

You have made me so F^&%&^ angry with this post...but then again, maybe that's your goal.

Whatever your agenda is, you deserve the consequences of your belief.

Sorry, but it's people like you that are destroying the world.
Love thy enemy. Pray for your enemy. Light always wins. Hate always loses.

It's funny, rather sad, that all the Christians hate Obama. See the contradiction?

Praying for the death of him takes it to a whole new level of depravity.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

............ your thread title deserves what it got if not explained and is actually meant as irony.

Couldn't figure out how to draw my post out in crayon for those that like to over-react to things that they didn't bother to understand before running their mouths.

My bad thing I guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Please pray for Obama.

You have made me so F^&%&^ angry with this post...but then again, maybe that's your goal.

Whatever your agenda is, you deserve the consequences of your belief.

Sorry, but it's people like you that are destroying the world.
Love thy enemy. Pray for your enemy. Light always wins. Hate always loses.

It's funny, rather sad, that all the Christians hate Obama. See the contradiction?

Praying for the death of him takes it to a whole new level of depravity.

What did I JUST say? I pray for Obama, my entire church prays for Obama, and so does every Christian I know. Christ wants us to follow his example, and who did He spend his time with but lepers, tax collectors, and whores? (Sounds like a good cross section of the residents of Foggy Bottom.) These are the type of people that need our prayers more than any other, and while I was being a bit snide in my previous post, we Do pray for God to give the President the wisdom he needs to govern the country effectively.

And nobody (in this thread) has said anything about praying for Obama to die. It really grinds my gears when people just pull crap like that out of their butt and then expect us to take them seriously.
edit on 9/3/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wait, don't you christians believe that god put him in that position of power? Isn't that how it works? Or are we more powerful than him and can put people in power whom he does not want?

Romans 13.1-3 "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;"

Sounds like a lot of christians will be in trouble....
edit on 3-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by jude11

Look up the Psalm and verse...then you will realize...what the author of this thread really ment.

Many of us don't read fairy tales and therefore will not delve further into fantasy ridden novels. If the OP wants to make a point, make it clear for all to see and not just for those needing to believe in something that will justify anything that they can't explain through logic and common sense.

This has clearly turned into a christian thread and that means I'm out....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join