It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality provides evidence that there's a soul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I usually don't agree with the things you say, but in this case you're absoluely right. There are so many factors that CAN be involved in the sexual orientation of a person, from the physial, to the metaphysical, to society, to upbringing that you just can't pigeonhole one factor and say "That's It, case closed".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For instance I think Ellen is gay but I don't think Ann Heche was gay and she was just experimenting with the lifestyle.

I worked with a masculine lesbian and we talked about a lot of things. One of the things she told me is how repulsed she feels by the thought of being with a man and she said she can remember feeling this way at an early age.

This is something that is happening naturally not because of choice and the mosaic soul explains it perfectly.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
reply to post by Skate

I acknowledged that all males will not act feminine in my original post and these males are still born with a feminine soul and they're naturally attracted to other men. I said:

"This can happen to a guy who will act feminine or a male football player."

It can happen either way.

You're making this very black and white. You're trying to fit something metaphysical into how you perceive the physical world:

Men have to like women.
Man cannot like men.
Man does like men.
Therefore,
Man who likes men is spiritually a woman.

Fuzzy logic at best.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Nope.

Men and Women are naturally attracted to the oppsite sex and this is most likely due to instincts and survival of the species. The question is, why are men and women naturally attracted to the same sex?

The mosaic soul explains this perfectly.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Annee

I usually don't agree with the things you say, but in this case you're absoluely right. There are so many factors that CAN be involved in the sexual orientation of a person, from the physial, to the metaphysical, to society, to upbringing that you just can't pigeonhole one factor and say "That's It, case closed".

Thanks.

I do try to be logical and straight forward. I try to step out of the social "norm"circle and be objective from a clean slate.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
reply to post by scolai

Nope.

Men and Women are naturally attracted to the oppsite sex and this is most likely due to instincts and survival of the species. The question is, why are men and women naturally attracted to the same sex?

The mosaic soul explains this perfectly.

The question is: does gender exist outside of the physical realm? Do souls have a need to reproduce? You're trying to put physical constraints on a non-physical world.
edit on 2-9-2011 by scolai because: Changed "restraints" to "constraints"

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As a gay man who believes mainly in reincarnation, I don't think you are completely wrong.
However we should be careful how we define "homosexuality".
In the Western politics of gayness we tend to lump a whole range of people and identities together, which might be split into separate identities in other cultures.
Western queer politics and identities have developed as a form of agency against certain forms of oppression (legal, religious and medical).
Without certain transgender markers, the average gay person may have gone as unrecognized and unremarkable in past or other cultures.

However, for me it seems relevant that I am in a male body, but I can associate with females non-sexually.
It does give one a bit of a foot in both worlds, or a sense of spiritual empathy for both genders.
So my ability to identify with, and associate more with females is far more important to my "gayness" than my attraction to men.
Also, it is easier for gay people to see how superficial gender performances are.
That is not to say that gender doesn't exist, but there are performances around it which constantly change.

Nevertheless there is something mystical to gender, and the people who perform both can adopt sacred roles in various cultures. In some tribes there are as many as 5 gender roles.
So in Western terms "homosexuality" can range from the odd situational experience amongst heterosexuals, to gays and lesbians, bisexuals and transvestites and transgendered encounters.
Whether a married man (for example) in other cultures is considered "gay" depends on a range of markers, from his mannerisms to his active/passive position during sex (and in some cultures non-penetrative sex is not really considered "sex" at all).

So if we want to link homosexuality to reincarnation, then we must fist establish what we mean by "homosexuals" and "heterosexuals".
This can have different meanings in different cultures.

We must also be careful not to simply change a "medical fact" into a "spiritual condition".
While I agree that reincarnation influences our current lives in all kinds of ways, I think one would have to narrow any discourse on sexuality before making a blanket statement that one variation is proof of this or that.
edit on 2-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a soul. Human consciousness is just our brain perceiving our surroundings through the 5 senses, and thinking by using different areas of the brain.

Don't believe me? Get a lobotomy and see if you retain your personality.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

As a Christian, I don't believe in reincarnation.
All religion aside, your theory isn't very plausible. No offense.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
wow! never thought of it that way!
I don't agree, but very intriguing line of investigation...i believe the soul is a neuter, and that the body is male/female/strait/gay...S&F...important topic.

My gay friends will be arguing tomorrow! (one's atheistic...so..to him no soul...no 'proof'! lolz)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a soul. Human consciousness is just our brain perceiving our surroundings through the 5 senses, and thinking by using different areas of the brain.

Don't believe me? Get a lobotomy and see if you retain your personality.

That is just your opinion.
So I don't understand why you say "Sorry to break it to you".
As if you provided facts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

So if we want to link homosexuality to reincarnation, then we must fist establish what we mean by "homosexuals" and "heterosexuals".
This can have different meanings in different cultures.

"Homosexual" and "Fist" in one sentence....
Not my cup of tea.

edit on 2-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Form the National Geographic documentary: "Taboo - The Third Gender".
Part of the Bugis tribe in Indonesia retains a shamanic belief that the 5 genders in balance can keep the world in harmony.

I think it is very relevant that homosexuality and paganism were linked by the Abrahamic faiths (a point they often make themselves).
It's not that being gay makes people special in some way (people can live difficult lives - as do many men and especially women in patriarchal societies).
But, at least in modern terms, societies with sexual and gender equality for all adults are more prosperous, more democratic, and less totalitarian than homophobic countries.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Oops, just a typo mistake.
Now the word "fist" cannot be linked to heterosexual relationships at all.
Of course not.
Silly me.

The good old days...
The Honeymooners - POW ... to the Moon Alice!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Lighten up.
Smile.
Were all a little gay on the inside.
Well, not me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Annee

Thanks.

I do try to be logical and straight forward. I try to step out of the social "norm"circle and be objective from a clean slate.

I think that's a good way to go about things too.

Now, to the OP. Remind me to star and flag you for this thread. It is VERY interesting and informative. Let me take this a step further if I may.

There is a man who was born with a womans "spirit" or soul", thereby making him a homosexual.

What happens when he dies?

His spirit is neither male or female at this point, It is a combination of both because of his homosexuality. Let's say that he is an effeminate male as well. What happens if it is reincarnated into a womans body that has all the chromasones (sp?) or whatever ( I'm not much on medical stuff) that make her fully and 100% woman?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are 2 energy entities that visit little kids when they are young.

Incubus and Succubus.

If you are a little boy the Succubus will visit you at night and what it does to you, triggers your hormones and your male sex drive.

If you are a little boy...and the Incubus thinks you're a little girl due to your DNA having some part wrong with it....the Incubus will trigger that little boy to like boys, hormonally. He won't generate Testosterone.

It's those 2 energy entities...and your DNA which decides if you will be straight or gay.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah.. I don't think you really get it. Which is ok people don't get a lot of things.

I have a friend who is gay and we have talked about this.
He explained that transgendered people couldn't be any more different than gay people.
A gay person isn't going to tell you they think they were born the wrong gender where someone seeking a sex change would. You are making a huge assumption about gay people, maybe have a discussion with one.
edit on 2-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

That is just your opinion.
So I don't understand why you say "Sorry to break it to you".
As if you provided facts.
That's not an opinion, those are facts. Certain regions of the brain are responsible for certain bodily/mental functions.

Like I said, if you don't believe that explanation, surgically remove a portion of your brain and see if your "soul" continues to function as it did before.

There's no mysterious gas that is inside of your body that makes you who you are, that's crazy. Your brain is responsible for your personality, not an undetectable spirit.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

...yeah that's probably it.

so wouldn't your sexuality already be determined prior to the incubus/succubus arriving because your dna is what it is so fate is imminent? So maybe because of this we have evolved past incubus succubus and it's just your genetics that determine (what I'm doing here is giving you a fancy magic mumbo jumbo excuse to embrace science)

Question though.. how could the incubus/succubus be tricked? Also.. what country are you from?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join