It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality provides evidence that there's a soul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First let me explain my belief.

I think that the soul is a mosaic of experiences. When a person dies, their experiences return to this mosaic soul and waits until the next body is ready. I think that homosexuality, autism, near death experience, psi, gut feelings and more show evidence of this but I will focus on homosexuality.

I also think that this mosaic soul is predominently male or female. In most cases, a male soul reincarnates into a male body and the same thing occurs with a female soul. Reincarnation is subject to random fluctuations and sometimes a male soul manifests in a female body and you get a Lesbian or a female soul manifests in a male body and you get a gay male.

There was a guy in sixth grade who was very feminine and everyone knew he was different then the other guys. Of course he grew up to be gay. This can happen to a guy who will act feminine or a male football player.

At the end of the day, I think this provides circumstantial evidence of a soul because many homosexuals are born gay and you can see the male or female tendacies at an early age.

Also, the soul isn't supernatural. The soul is most likely some sort of field. Either an electromagnetic field, morphic field or a field of consciousness. Our experiences don't die. This is because our experiences are energy and information. Energy and information just transforms from one state to the next state.

When you walk across the street it takes energy and information or if you go on a vacation to Hawaii. These experiences don't die and the information of these experiences is stored onto the mosaic soul (field) when you die and remains into the next life.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Yeah right.

You explain nothing.
I don't like this thread.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

You can't just say this in a vacuum. What specifically isn't explained?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As much as I am into energy - - and believe consciousness "lives" in energy - - - and is non-sexual. I don't agree that it has anything to do with the physical makeup of sexual attraction.

The "mixed soup" of creating a physical body varies. As one genetic scientist said: we now know human sexuality is all shades of gray - - not black and white.

Creating physical human is so extremely complex - - - that any combination in the "mixed soup" can happen.

Society just needs to remove the stick from there southern end and accept people as they are.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
again your premise is flawed.Souls decide in what they will incarnate and are influenced by planets.Most destiny is predetermined and homosexuality is an experience that souls choose

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
what determines whether you are male or female is purely physical, not spiritual...when people are gay from birth, it is a mix up between chromosomes. this kind of mix up is present in all sorts of other physical traits that don't turn out right from birth...like when someone is born with not enough appendages, too many appendages, brain damage, and countless other physical deformities....chromosome mix ups are extremely common and easily explained...your spirit or soul is neither male or female, you cannot project a physical attribute onto a non physical soul, sorry.....otherwise our bodies would leave along with the soul when we die...we all know that that doesn't happen.....
edit on 2-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

link   
I dont think you provide any evidence.

This reminds me of the old joke, I'm a lesbian trapped inside a mans body.

Your not making a great argument for your reasoning.

link   
Relax, Nikola. It's just speculation.

And to the OP: Perhaps you should consider changing the title of this thread to include mention of reincarnation, as this is obviously referring to past lives.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Don't you think it would make more sense if you said the soul doesn't have a gender to begin with?

Because then it simply falls in love without the boundaries of gender?

But homosexuality isn't just about falling in love. There have been many platonic feelings between men and women that didn't warrant homosexual sex.

Homosexuality has to do with sexual identity in the brain, and how it develops over time. Obviously you can 'fall in love' with someones personality and not have any attractions what so ever to their physical form.

Sexual identity can sometimes be very fluid but also shift towards male or female if the conditions are ripe for it.
edit on 2-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So the penguins and other animals down at the zoo having gaysex proves we have souls?
I've heard sillier things...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have many gay friends (male and female), and two have told me that being gay was a choice they made. They decided to go with the gay lifestyle rather than the traditional ways for many reasons. Maybe choice is a factor for some and others are just born this way?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

Yes, for some it's a choice but for others it isn't a choice.

It has to do with male souls being born into female bodies and female souls being born into male bodies.

These things have nothing to do with society or a persons upbringing. A man can be born into a family of football players and be gay. It's not a choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You know, what you are theorizing does make sense. While I've never thought of a soul or a spirit having a sexual orientation. when you put the electrical charges into the mix like you did, it sounds plausible.

My views on homosexuality have changed over the years as I have matured, and I'm at the point now where I believe that people are born homosexuals. There was an instance where I got to know the life of a deceased extended family member after he died, mainly from all of the things he left behind coupled with the stories that other family members would tell of him. Family members who actually knew him. This new knowledge I gained about the man left me shaking my head and wondering : "Why would anyone CHOOSE to be a homosexual if it did so many negative things to his emotions?" It just makes more sense to me that someone is born into that lifestyle rather than choosing it on their own.

Your theory just helped substantiate mine a little more by helping clarify how homosexual tendancies get into a person when no other signs point to how they got there. Personally, I would've never guessed there was a metaphysical connection.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
First let me explain my belief.

I think that the soul is a mosaic of experiences. When a person dies, their experiences return to this mosaic soul and waits until the next body is ready. I think that homosexuality, autism, near death experience, psi, gut feelings and more show evidence of this but I will focus on homosexuality.

I also think that this mosaic soul is predominently male or female. In most cases, a male soul reincarnates into a male body and the same thing occurs with a female soul. Reincarnation is subject to random fluctuations and sometimes a male soul manifests in a female body and you get a Lesbian or a female soul manifests in a male body and you get a gay male.

There was a guy in sixth grade who was very feminine and everyone knew he was different then the other guys. Of course he grew up to be gay. This can happen to a guy who will act feminine or a male football player.

At the end of the day, I think this provides circumstantial evidence of a soul because many homosexuals are born gay and you can see the male or female tendacies at an early age.

Also, the soul isn't supernatural. The soul is most likely some sort of field. Either an electromagnetic field, morphic field or a field of consciousness. Our experiences don't die. This is because our experiences are energy and information. Energy and information just transforms from one state to the next state.

When you walk across the street it takes energy and information or if you go on a vacation to Hawaii. These experiences don't die and the information of these experiences is stored onto the mosaic soul (field) when you die and remains into the next life.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

This is interesting; but it's only partially right.

There are some who are born more feminine. They exhibit feminine traits from childhood that carry over to adult gay life. However, there are people, much like my gay friends, who you would never know they were gay. Their parents have even told me that when they found out their child was gay, they were shocked as they would have never expected it.

I do agree with you that some homosexuals had multiple past lives in which they were the opposite sex; but the thing is you can separate the homosexual world into three different classes: the dominant (masculine) role, the submissive (feminine), and those who could go either way. This theory that you have works for the feminine men and the masculine women; but how do you justify your logic with the masculine men and feminine women who are attracted to their respective genders?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
One issue with your idea is that you have failed to mention that there are plenty of gay guys who aren't all feminine and don't sound like a girl. I'm not gay, but it's just what I've seen in my 20 years of life. How do you explain that?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Too much Gary Vay........maybe you're right though. I have had some Gay friends. When the topic of souls and spirituality comes up they all think they are going to Hell!!

Choice was made to walk across the street or Vacation in Hawaii...Choice is a key word in this conversation, we start making them and living with the consequences at an early age

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

They decided to go with the gay lifestyle rather than the traditional ways for many reasons.

Of course you can choose the lifestyle, but can the attraction itself be chosen? I dont think so. And it is the attraction itself that determines whether one is gay or straight or whatever, not lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
One issue with your idea is that you have failed to mention that there are plenty of gay guys who aren't all feminine and don't sound like a girl. I'm not gay, but it's just what I've seen in my 20 years of life. How do you explain that?

On that note, there are also straight men that act very feminine.
2ND

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Thanks and it explains why a young man or woman would be attracted to the same sex when society tells us they're supposed to naturally be attraced to the oppositte sex. It's because the male has a female soul and the female has a male soul. Like you said it's metaphysical.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I acknowledged that all males will not act feminine in my original post and these males are still born with a feminine soul and they're naturally attracted to other men. I said:

"This can happen to a guy who will act feminine or a male football player."

It can happen either way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join