It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality provides evidence that there's a soul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I do not find much reason to smile in my country.
In SA we've had gay marriage and equality since at least 2006.
That makes me smile.

But my body is that of a white male.
Everyone else gets Affirmative Action, except for my 5% of the "white male" racial mix.
Maybe if I was at least feminine enough to live as a white woman I could benefit too.

But I'm not.
I'm just a white male who happens to be gay.
Under apartheid they hated me for being gay.
Now they hate me for being a white male.

For whom must I smile?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I really believe that I am what is referred to as "Two Spirit", as I have both male and female within me.

Here are some little facts about me that may or may not be related to the discussion.

My parents attended a "Lesbian Wedding" in 1963 in Boston, MA, while she was pregnant with me. I often joked to her that she should not have drank the water!
Yes, this was pre-Stonewall, but since Boston has always been a bit more expressive I can see how someone actually did this way back then; the wedding was her best friend's wedding.

My mom had two boys before she had me, both are "supposedly" straight and have wives and children and seem fairly happy from a very remote distance (I am not in contact with them); no divorces and such! When she became pregnant with me she swore up and down that she was going to have a girl. She said it felt different than the two previous boys and that she even "carried" me differently. Until my arrival she was convinced that I was a girl.

As a child I was not a boy, I did not like boy things and I was very emotional to say the least; emotional and sensitive is putting it mildly. I played with dolls and as a result my environment was not pretty at all; between my two brothers and my father I was put through the worst imaginable life, something that has not changed at all and I am nearing 50 now!

So, to say I was a Gay child pre-pubescent was easily recognized and most of my experiences regarding this were of a negative element. As I finally entered puberty I knew without a doubt that I was not normal and that my attraction was more than an attraction, it was chemical. My make-up was one that I could not even fathom being with a girl, at all, they did not smell right, they did not put off the same kind of energy that men did.

I became a delinquent as a pre-teen and I was in such a volatile, perhaps even violent relationship with my father that my mother intervened and I was removed from the home. I was 14. I was placed in an environment with no children and a caregiver that is a Pedophile (female). I was sexually abused from that point on until it too became so explosive that I was out on the street just prior to graduating from high school (I did manage to graduate and at 17 I was 400 miles from home the moment I was released). I literally ran!

My first real sexual encounter with a man (a older man) was at 17 and it was horrible. This person would visit me in my dormitory and then later would not even acknowledge that they knew me when I would see him during the day. This relationship continued for nearly a year until finally I met a woman who gave me the slightest attention and I made my break; I justified it that I could never know until I tried so I dated her. It was not a compatible situation but we tried for nearly a year and even moved in with one another; she had a daughter and was estranged from her husband. I was 19 and she was 25.

When it ended I stopped any and all relationships for the next four to five years. I did finally "come out" when I was around 23-24 and then I joined the Military. It took all of two years before I finally opened that door and met the man that I am with today; we have been together for 24 years now, next year is our "Silver"! How about that?

At any rate, during those years as an open Gay male I realized that I did choose to be Gay; I chose to be happy, I chose to be me! I was born Gay, there is no question about it, but I had to make the choice because anyone can have sex with anyone if they desire it, but it takes a true desire of what is important and that means "choice".

Sorry for going off on a tangent. Here are some other facts I discovered; when I was around 30 I had a CAT-scan which revealed that I have two spleens. I have what is called an accessory organ, because one of those spleens is completely inactive. It is a blessing in that if I should ever lose my spleen to cancer my other spleen can become active if the first one is remove (was told this by a medical doctor); he said to me that although it is not fully developed that it would grow to be a fully functional organ if I should ever lose my spleen. Fascinating because he told me that chances are I was a twin and that sometime during gestation my twin failed and during the rest of development my body absorbed my twin. When I found out it was like a light went on; could it be that my twin was a female? It certainly seemed plausible. I don't know if genetically I show any signs of "chimera", but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

So this explains why I developed female breasts at puberty! This explains why I had such a difficult time growing body hair, this is why I was so fragile as a child, and it was so difficult for me to develop muscle mass as I aged.

Of course I have overcome all of that and now I am nothing but male on an outward level. Inside I am still as effeminate as they come! I am "Two Spirit"!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It's difficult for me, because I've seen the documentaries and books on third gender or "Two-spirit" people in various cultures.
I've often thought that if my society allowed that form of existence (which it doesn't really in any case), then I could fall into that.
But for me being homosexual means being a man with another man.
I like my beard and my butch "drag".
I've been in women's clothing to make a political statement, but I don't find it sexy at all.

However, currently I find I get more discrimination for simply having white skin and a penis.
I'm not sure it is global, but white males are now blamed for every evil under the sun.
I'm also finding it difficult to organize with other white males politically, because they associate being gay with being "liberal".

So at present being a "white male" is more important to my identity than being "gay".
We respond with individuality with whatever agency we have, depending on how the world oppresses us.

edit on 2-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd say we still have that Freudian hang-up that dictates that heterosexuality can ideally produce children.
Therefore for something to exist as "healthy" and "normal" it must serve a natural function - in the case of sex that would be procreative heterosexuality.
Therefore only the fetishes and homosexuality deserve an explanation.
Heterosexuality needs no explanation, because it is "natural".

But humans are social animals, and homosexuality can serve many functions without interrupting heterosexual procreation.

I think a male who stays with the females and children (while the men are hunting) will help to protect them.
edit on 2-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Oh, I musta skipped over that lol, sorry!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This can happen to a guy who will act feminine or a male football player.

I dont understand the part of "this can happen to a male football player

So your conclusion is that because there are gay people there must be a soul which in turn you assume that gay people are wrong, their soul has an error cos they are trapped in a wrong body?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think you have an interesting point. However I would say it makes more sense in transsexual people rather than homosexual people, as there are some very masculine, "Macho Man" kind of gay people.

I don't think spirits have sexes however they might have a "tendency" towards one sex and retain memories of the last sex they were.

I definitely think transsexuals really are psychologically one sex and physically the other. Sure, I have fantasized about being a woman before, I think most people have imagined being the other sex at some point, but to want it so bad you would go through painful surgery, get your junk cut off, etc, there's definitely something very real behind it. Very well could have been the opposite sex in a recent past life.

I think the same is possible for people with Foreign Accent Syndrome.
edit on 2-9-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a soul. Human consciousness is just our brain perceiving our surroundings through the 5 senses, and thinking by using different areas of the brain.

Don't believe me? Get a lobotomy and see if you retain your personality.

Here's an analogy. A lobotomy is like turning off the volume on a radio. You can't hear it, but the signals are still there.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You could do away with homosexuality
and THEN smile.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Nothing but a patthetic attempt to justify homosexuality......which is ok unless you are one of those extreme feminine types.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh and no one is born gay.......just thought i should let you in on that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I agree, just didn't want to say it in front of the gays.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Why are you going along with your silly theory still? its pathetic.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The fault I find in your argument is that it relies on current social ideals of ‘gays’ or ‘homosexuals.’ Both these terms and concepts are modern and only defined in the last century. Gore Vidal, says something like (Paraphrasing) – there is no such thing as a homosexual only homosexual acts.
From my own experiences and what I’ve discussed with others they feel the same. You could find a very ‘straight’ guy who has experienced an homosexual act, even over a extended amount of time, but still be attracted to women. Sexuality is far more complex than black and white terms such as gay and straight.
If you read about ancient cultures and their views on homosexuality it is very, very different from how we think and deal with it. I’d recommend you research the ancient Greeks, Japanese, Celts and Romans.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a soul. Human consciousness is just our brain perceiving our surroundings through the 5 senses, and thinking by using different areas of the brain.

Here's an analogy. A lobotomy is like turning off the volume on a radio. You can't hear it, but the signals are still there.

Well, he's gonna get a shock when he dies! There is a soul, don't worry!
Explain dmt and near death experiences and children having memories of dying, being another person in a previous life. Did you know there is a center for these types of cases to help confused parents? There have been reported over 7000 cases (in the u.s) of children having memories of a previous life, and often it turned out to be memories from a life that ended in a very traumatic way. I believe there is a soul because of these things.. Yes... I am very gullible..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Hmm, I find it very odd that homosexuality is a natural thing for animals in nature.... ... .. Always has been and always will.. deal with it..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by halfoldman

You could do away with homosexuality
and THEN smile.

I don't think so.
I think 90% of all comedy has some gender disjuncture or inversion.
It's one of the few things that still gets me smiling!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There are male and female souls? What makes them have a gender? Do they have reproductive organs for said genders? If not, how are they male or female?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

True.

Damage the brain and you may damage the personality...the mental faculties. Strong enough evidence there that the two are connected.

However, as I have come to understand it, the soul was never meant to be thought of as the personality. It's the awareness itself, that one is conscious at all. The 'I-ness' of the observation. Just that, and nothing attached further to it. Not thoughts or feelings. Those would be the brain. The soul would be the awareness that watched that take place. That's how I understood it anyways.

Another idea that I think could be of interest to you is a book written by an astrophysicist called 'The God Theory'. In his model the brain doesn't produce thoughts and feelings, rather it acts as a filter, reducing the amount of information the senses would otherwise collect. The idea being that it's all out there, in some unified field of information, and we would be completely overloaded if we didn't have a means to filter it i.e the brain. I probably did a horrible job representing what's actually said in the book hehe.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nothing but a patthetic attempt to justify homosexuality......which is ok unless you are one of those extreme feminine types.

Right.

As long as they are all sizzling hot lesbians that will dance for you.

Otherwise they are pathetic mortals that are not born that way and are gross.

And you're asking the OP WHY he is continuing his silly theory? Why are you posting at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join