It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero jobs created in August 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Misplaced rage considering oil producers don't set prices. The likes of Goldman Sachs does.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
The only way the poor are going to get jobs and regain wealth is if the poor have power....

Animal Farm. 1945

well that or bloody revolution which I dont advocate yet
edit on 2-9-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

Animal Farm Revolt. Present day.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Well heres the thing. Capitalism requires businesses to move overseas when it becomes feasible to do so. This is because capitalism requires businesses to streamline spending to increase profits. If some Indian guy can answer a phone for $2 an hour of course Norton is going to send jobs there. Its an inherent flaw in capitalism itself that it cares not about people, only profits. Yes, capitalism got us here but its out of control and no longer helping the average person - only helping the super rich get even more super rich. Its time to transcend capitalism and move the world forward

With what? The hippie counter culture?

Capitalism ain't perfect. But it's the best system for, though not all, the majority of people. A Star Trek society is a long ways away.
edit on 9/3/2011 by eldard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Not only that... African-Americans unemployment soared from 15.9% to 16.7% in one month...

And yet, African-Americans are the ones who still support Obama the most because he's black... Ridiculous really... racist people, whatever their skin color is, are really retarded.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's what happens when you don't give equal opportunity to all groups. Treat people like animals long enough, they become one.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
not even a Mcdonald job ??
that mean we are really in deep...........

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's what happens when you don't give equal opportunity to all groups. Treat people like animals long enough, they become one.

Indeed. There is still racism, even unconscious racism in most of society. And yep, treat people like they are different long enough, and they will act different....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In order for capitalism to work you have to have two things:
1) A level playing field for all to have a chance at making money.
2) Constantly moving cash flow.

What’s happened here is that the powerful capitalists have not only used their money to influence the lawmakers to unlevel the playing field to their advantage, but they are also hoarding 80% of the cash so only 20% is flowing at any given time.

THEN to make matters worse, these people believe that they must show a growing profit every year, which takes even more cash flow out of the system. Pretty soon, there will be 0% left to be flowing, and they will be hoarding 100% of it. The only thing that is currently keeping any cash flowing is the treasury constantly adding more cash into the system and devaluing the amount that’s in circulation.

Capitalism was never designed to allow certain individuals to hoard so much money that they can control the government or influence the markets. It simply will not work that way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Warning.. sarcasm in progress..

First of all, I congratulate the US government and bankers for putting in genius efforts to destroy the economy.

Secondly, I thank China for its "lessons never learned" spirit and continue to own and buy US debts.

Thirdly, I applaud IMF for its success in taking over Greece sovereignty.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Well heres the thing. Capitalism requires businesses to move overseas when it becomes feasible to do so. This is because capitalism requires businesses to streamline spending to increase profits. If some Indian guy can answer a phone for $2 an hour of course Norton is going to send jobs there. Its an inherent flaw in capitalism itself that it cares not about people, only profits. Yes, capitalism got us here but its out of control and no longer helping the average person - only helping the super rich get even more super rich. Its time to transcend capitalism and move the world forward

With what? The hippie counter culture?

Capitalism ain't perfect. But it's the best system for, though not all, the majority of people. A Star Trek society is a long ways away.
edit on 9/3/2011 by eldard because: (no reason given)

Actually its closer than you think. Capitalism is failing right before our eyes. Just read the new. Its obviously not the best way to run an economy. Screw balancing the budget. We need to balance profits. When the people who actually earn profits for a company get to see those profits we'll be closer to righting the economic ship.

You, me and everyone reading this should get a percentage of profit from the company they work for. Like the above poster said, if a few people hold too much money, capitalism grinds to a halt. We need to refunnel profits back to the employees who actually earn those profits with their sweat, tears and sleeplessness.

If we visualize the movement of money in this economy its a pyramid. Instead, we need something more like a donut or something that looks like a magnetic field. Money flows up through the business then back down through society from the bottom up and it starts all over again.

Theres very viable alternatives out there. You just have to look up some marxist theory, anarchist theory and actually read capitalist theory to see that nothing is set in stone and economies change all the time because they fail to provide people food, water, shelter and peace of mind. For example Latin American economies...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Good thing we gave the most corrupt and vile people on the planet trillions of tax dollars to NOT HIRE A @(#$*@#$ PERSON!

Obama was totally swindled by the bankers and all the money he was going to use to better America has gone to the people who want to destroy America. He was put in a rock and a hard place and he made the only decision he could.

Dont blame Obama. Blame all the super rich capitalist pigs who promised us that giving them trillions of dollars would fix the economy.

They hired no one and kept the money for themselves. Wheres my guillotine?

Really? Honestly, I don't blame Obama. He was hand picked by TPTB but he IS part of the equation...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Dbriefed

And I'm supposed to be surprised?
The POTUS has destroyed the American economy, and all of his mesmerized minions continue to chant their mantra," Change, change, change!"
Soon, they will be begging for that with an outstretched hand holding an empty cup!
SnF

Mr Obama, your a one term POTUS!

Yes, and who do you think will come to the rescue?

This entire affair has been a concerted effort by several different entities. Whoever takes Obama's place will carry on where the rest have left off.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
FYI they do NOT count college students who just graduated and are looking for work.

So go ahead an add a few hundred thousand to those looking for work since May.

Enjoy Comrades!

I am out of college. I was employed in under three weeks.......

Maybe some should pick a career that is in demand.............Everybody wants the airconditioned cubicle where you do nothing but sit all day..........

Well, I am working my butt off, but a tleast I am employed

I do not feel sorry for people trying to take the easy way out. There is work, if you feel like working

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not only that... African-Americans unemployment soared from 15.9% to 16.7% in one month...

And yet, African-Americans are the ones who still support Obama the most because he's black... Ridiculous really... racist people, whatever their skin color is, are really retarded.

Yes, because AA's are the only people that vote based off of trivial, idiotic factors.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
double post
edit on 3-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

FYI they do NOT count college students who just graduated and are looking for work.

Enjoy Comrades!

Maybe some should pick a career that is in demand.............Everybody wants the airconditioned cubicle where you do nothing but sit all day..........

I do not feel sorry for people trying to take the easy way out. There is work, if you feel like working

Yeah. Like McDonald's perhaps, or busing tables. Tons of jobs out there, it's just like millions of people who were working before have suddenly become lazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Enjoy Comrades!

Yeah. Like McDonald's perhaps, or busing tables. Tons of jobs out there, it's just like millions of people who were working before have suddenly become lazy.

It sounds like you have a pride issue......

I would take any job to hold me over if it were called for.

Let me ask you one thing.............How many accountants does it take to add for a company......If colleges are pumping out thousands of accountants and companies are not hiring accountants, companies do not want to hire people to count how much they are losing.......Why would anybody go to school for accounting in a time when businesses are not hiring?

I am supposed to feel sorry for them?

I just picked accounting as an example. There are many other white collar high dollar jobs out there.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Enjoy Comrades!

That is great for you but. . . . not the case around the country, way to come across like a pig.

You know business and retail is 70% of the US economy yet students majoring in those are not getting hired quickly.
Or maybe you expect people to switch from one major to another like hot potato even though each degree takes years to achieve.

Get lost you clown troll

PS I personally know optics and chemical engineering majors who are having trouble finding work so its not ust your paper pushers.
edit on 3-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
From high-tech silicon valley, it feels like we're going to have two negative quarters and build back up. However someone reminded me that in 'normal America', we've permanently shipped jobs out and it does not feel like there's any recovery on the horizon.

Folk in California don't want to start businesses. The number of hurdles to jump prevent success. Tax, environmental, healthcare, business lawsuits, disability lawsuits, regulatory compliance, everyone wants a say in how you run your business. I tried a few businesses, the last I shutdown with $50K of funding when the franchise tax board wanted $60K taxes up front for the first quarter.

In some states you can't even open a lemonade stand without the police shutting you down.

One small hamburger chain said they calculated Obamacare costs would force them to pass the costs on to customers raising their burgers from $5 to $8, which would reduce customers, and cause them to lay off some of their 100 employees, and shut down some restaurants.

Now who's going to hire in this situation? And who's going to be hurt?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join