It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG event in 5 days! .......(supposedly)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
As for the big event, sigh...26 pages based upon one person making a claim that now has been altered to suit.

The claim has been found out, lets move this to the hoax bin or all that will happen is that the original maker of the claim (not the OP) will just move the date around.

Personally I feel ALL predictions should start out in the HOAX bin until they either stay there as the hoax we thought they were or moved into a 'proven' forum IF they came true.

Some might say this is this goes against the normal rule of law ie innocent until proved guilty but with predictions there's zero fact or genuine evidence ever supplied, its all done on pure trust. At least an innocent person can say where they were, give examples why they are innocent which can be confirmed to make them innocent, whereas prediction's give nothing and fail 99.9% of the time.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Mclaneinc because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
96 flags
....enough with this childish fearmongering...nobody can predict future...we are creating and changing our future everyday .

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
The claim has been found out, lets move this to the hoax bin or all that will happen is that the original maker of the claim (not the OP) will just move the date around.

Why do you call it a hoax? Do you have any evidence that earth has not been expelled from the 'Alliance' and continues to be a member?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Bluecoat has been proven a fake to me, its clearly not the same guy and the message was the polar opposite of what we were told would happen.

The OP said he would post again on Wednesday or Thursday at the original IP.

If that doesnt happen then this should be moved to the hoax forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I read tons of threads on here without posting a single word and I have noticed one thing without fail, no matter how true or false, real or unreal every single thread turns into those that troll or conversations inside the actual post that brings the troll back from under the bridge.

If MOD's shut down troll posts, 90% of the pages would have a shield of violated conduct on posts.

Thats why I barely posts less than my liking, it's just not worth the defending myself and trying to have a discussion.

Don't feed trolls, that way they will starve and move to the next bridge.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I agree 100%. I've only been paroozing around for a few months now and it is quite annoying trying to weed out who is talking about the subject and who is not. This thread has a few good examples...

Originally posted by xavi1000
96 flags
....enough with this childish fearmongering...nobody can predict future...we are creating and changing our future everyday .

Yes...the first thing I think when I read about the galactic union dissolving earths membership is omg i so scared, the fear is overwhelming!!!.
or

Originally posted by Flyer
Bluecoat has been proven a fake to me, its clearly not the same guy and the message was the polar opposite of what we were told would happen.

The OP said he would post again on Wednesday or Thursday at the original IP.

If that doesnt happen then this should be moved to the hoax forum.

This is just wrong...there are questions about this guys IP address that won't be resolved for days...so how can you know for sure until you get your proof? And how can this be a hoax??? the OP was an announcement would be made in 5 days, and an announcement was made in five days!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say about this thread, I have already said before. SO instead of saying it again, I will just link it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
I read tons of threads on here without posting a single word and I have noticed one thing without fail, no matter how true or false, real or unreal every single thread turns into those that troll or conversations inside the actual post that brings the troll back from under the bridge.

If MOD's shut down troll posts, 90% of the pages would have a shield of violated conduct on posts.

Thats why I barely posts less than my liking, it's just not worth the defending myself and trying to have a discussion.

Don't feed trolls, that way they will starve and move to the next bridge.

Mods should warn the trolls in here. If they continue what they are doing, they should be banned. It is that easy to clean up this site. We can agree to disagree in a lot of topics without turning the argument into mudslinging. Banning the trolls is a very good start. Hopefully the mods will do their work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
The only thing I have to say about this thread, I have already said before. SO instead of saying it again, I will just link it.

Well put!

I went to your link, gave it flag # 263 and star #224!

That OP says it all!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
This is just wrong...there are questions about this guys IP address that won't be resolved for days...so how can you know for sure until you get your proof? And how can this be a hoax??? the OP was an announcement would be made in 5 days, and an announcement was made in five days!

Because the announcement on the 2nd forum was nothing to do with what he said the announcement was about. He didnt even explain why that was so.

It cant get more obvious than that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Nice one matey - best thread I have ever read here in the few months since I arived. Well said.
It is also probably the only prediction ever made here to come true!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think I figured out why the earth got kicked out of the alliance.

As everyone knows, the aliens set up a base on the far side of the moon and were waiting for the sentient species on earth to discover space travel before making official contact and helping with further technological evolution.

So when the USA announced landing on the moon (they track our audio and video feeds), they assumed it to be true and that they missed making contact with the alien base on the moon (the moon is an awfully large place and it is easy to miss the base). But since humanity, at least a part of it, passed the qualifying criteria for contact, the aliens contacted the USA to help them advance their space technology. But there was a catch. Since the moon landing was a fake, the folks at NASA couldn't actually show them the technology and ask how things could be improved. If they had shown them the technology, the aliens would have instantly figured they were lying. So instead, these guys put up a brave face and declared that we would rather figure out the improvements on our own. This totally impressed the aliens and they decided to grant membership of the alliance to earth immediately, amembership which is normally reserved only for those races that have discovered faster than light travel. However the membership of the alliance requires the member planets' representatives to meet periodically at different places all over the universe and that requires crafts that can travels at speeds several times that of light. Since the earth doesn't have any such crafts, the aliens loaned a few of their own under the agreement that they would be used for travel only to the Alliance meetings or within the solar system.

The folks at NASA thought they could study the crafts and reverse engineer the technology to build falster than light travel crafts. But after decades they were no close to understanding the technology than they were at the beginning. It is possible they asked the aliens discreetly what the technology was, but just as likely that the aliens politely refused to do so lest they deny a proud race of sentient beings the joy and pride of discovering it themselves. As races that already discovered faster than light travel, they must also be aware how frustrating it gets just when you are on the verge of the breakthrough, but haven't found it yet and how tempting it is to cheat yourself and regret it later. So everytime they were approached by NASA scientists for a bit of help here or there, the aliens felt NASA were getting closer and closer to the breakthrough.

But the aliens have their own best case and worst case estimates of how long it takes a race to advance from sending beings to the closest celestial object to discovering faster than light travel. When NASA surpassed their worst case time estimates by several times, they started wondering. It is possible they figured humans are an extraordinarily slow race of learners and that we have been granted membership of the alliance too soon and hence the current decision to kick earth out. But that is extremely unlikely. Earth's membership of the alliance has not been suspended or revoked, it has been annulled and a motion to merely suspend it has been rejected. This can only mean one thing, that the moon landing announced was a fake and the aliens figured it out! Meaning humans did not even pass the qualifying criterion for official contact! Imagine an alien thinking "If this is what they do to their own, can you even imagine what they would do to us?" After all, with a base on the moon how difficult can it be for the aliens to check for the artifacts supposedly left by the NASA teams and figure out the whole thing was a hoax and they had been had?

So NASA fakes a moon landing to impress Americans and the world and we end up with blue in the face (or whatever their equivalent is) aliens. Talk about unintended consequences!

Hope those guys are not too upset about it to blow us to kingdom come.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not that I ever believed one word of the OP anyway, but posts like this are killing the credibility of the site to those who are not perusing the site everyday to be able to parse the junk from the legitimate stuff. Sure, free speech is a wonderful thing, but how is this site ever going to get away from the "nutjob" image if anyone can post any kind of far-fetched prediction and people start flagging and starring it, and probably worse than this....giving the OP attention by commenting upon the prediction, even if its just to say it's a bunch of baloney. The best way to kill a thread like this is not to comment at all, and I hope fellow ATSers will start engaging in such refrain. (Sure I realize that I have just contradicted my proposal by commenting on the thread, but this is my first time to post on some ridiculous prediction like this, so please give me a pass as I vent my frustration. I am tired of seeing prediction after prediction showing up in the "top topics" or "hot topics" section, where it becomes harder to ignore them, especially after they get a bunch of flags.).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

You have to be open minded, not being open minded is as bad as believing everything.
I think 99% of us knew it was a fraud but we just seeing how it would turn out.

Now if someone posted on here that the US was going to attack itself to start a war, youd have thought they were mad but its been documented that they thought about it by blowing up their own ship and blaming someone else.

As for the S&F, its never been an indicator to me of the quality of the thread so I dont worry when something stupid gets 100+ flags.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

haha nice,
I thought maybe we were going over our 'quota' of abducting other planets aliens--possibly how the 'jupiter team' was lost...because they got caught using one too many probes on jupiter!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by jburg6

You have to be open minded, not being open minded is as bad as believing everything.
I think 99% of us knew it was a fraud but we just seeing how it would turn out.

Now if someone posted on here that the US was going to attack itself to start a war, youd have thought they were mad but its been documented that they thought about it by blowing up their own ship and blaming someone else.

As for the S&F, its never been an indicator to me of the quality of the thread so I dont worry when something stupid gets 100+ flags.

Making up reports of being attacked in order to start war....... see HERE

[begin snippet]
The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, 40 Years Later

Flawed Intelligence and the Decision for War in Vietnam

Signals Intercepts, Cited at Time, Prove Only August 2nd Battle, Not August 4;
Purported Second Attack Prompted Congressional Blank Check for War

Johnson-McNamara Tapes Show Readiness to Escalate, Even on Suspect Intel;
Top Aides Knew of Mistaken Signals, but Welcomed Justification for Vote

[end snippet]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
reply to post by Observor

haha nice,
I thought maybe we were going over our 'quota' of abducting other planets aliens--possibly how the 'jupiter team' was lost...because they got caught using one too many probes on jupiter!!!

As of now we are the only sentient species in the solar system. The team lost on/in Jupiter was lost because they misunderstood some features of the craft, which probably amounted to violation of the terms of use for the crafts and precipitated the events that followed.

Yeah, not all aliens were happy with the decision to grant earth the membership of the alliance and they wanted to continue to study humans, like we capture and study other life forms on earth. So the quota limits were a compromise between the differing alien viewpoints. If we had demonstrated to them that we had the same capabilities as any, but were only behind in time, they would have been forced to grant us the same rights as any other and the abductions would have stopped. Since we have not only failed the test but also exposed ourselves as faking our technology, those treating us like equals have lost the battle and those treating us like lesser creatures fit for lab study have won.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can this thread go to the Hoax Bin now please?
Only thing that happened, was I got a bill for my phone. But, thats monthly anyway

edit on 7-9-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV
Can this thread go to the Hoax Bin now please?
Only thing that happened, was I got a bill for my phone. But, thats monthly anyway

edit on 7-9-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)
Ha Ha!

Doom threads come more often than that on ATS!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jburg6
...but how is this site ever going to get away from the "nutjob" image if anyone can post any kind of far-fetched prediction and people start flagging and starring it, and probably worse than this....

Welcome to ATS. This is nothing new. The board was in shambles last year because The Simpsons (yes, the t.v. show) predicted a nuclear attack

Almost 500 Flags!!!

Nuclear False Flag Alert

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join