It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party is Racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why is this statement so prevalent? I don't understand, from what I've read and seen of the Tea Party only two things have ever been possible for me to classify as Racism. And those were only subject to questionable statements and not outright hate or intolerance.

The definition straight from Dictionary.Reference.com:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I have never seen anything any of the Tea Party members represent to be seen as such.

I would love if anyone would able to show a real example or explain this.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

go here, you decide, they tend to giggle about it.

www.google.com... f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l0l2098l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If the Tea Party is racist then every single group on the face of this planet are also racist

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

If this is all the evidence you have, it is very poor defense of the statement they are racist.

I see the signs about shipping Obama back to Kenya. Yes, that may be a little offensive. But nowhere does that mean that they hate blacks or are racist in any way.

I see the ones implying that Obama is a terrorist, or that he looks like a monkey.

Portraying a leader as a monkey has been a big thing for a long time. Bush had many pictures made of him compared to monkeys. This has nothing to do with racism. They are saying that the person in question is impotent to the office they reside in and that they are "monkeying" around with our country.

So, I see no reason to classify them as any sort of racists. Perhaps testimony or statements they have made might prove more worthwhile for you?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Yes, I have seen and read some of this thread. Mostly accusations and declarations of racism on behalf of the poster The Sword.

I have seen no evidence of any sort of racism or altruistic motives.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The Tea Party is Racist in the same sense Racism exists among all groups, even the Democrats. In fact historically Racism was prevalent among Democrats. If you research the Civil Rights Amendment and the votes you will find it had the most support among Republicans to the Democrats shame.

In the times during the Civil Rights debates, while the KKK was most active, nearly all KKK members and leaders were in fact Democrats. A fact they would rather sweep under the rug than air honestly. After the Amendment was passed a concerted effort by the Left to hide this and rewrite history permeated the Democrats campaigning, until it reached the point at which if a lie is told often enough it becomes accepted as fact.

All this is about is repeating a lie often enough that people come to accept it. It also serves to divide us and divert our attention from what they are doing. It's an ancient tactic used by less than honest government to control its people by keeping them at each others throats.

This current attack and bevy of lies and slander is once again to keep us divided. It's a game played by all sides. It's worse than usual because we currently have a Progressive Administration that needs to hide it's actions which run contrary to all we stand for as a country and wants to change our change our government and do away with the Constitution. Anyone including the Tea Party who stand in the way will be labeled as Racists or Terrorists or whatever their minions tell them will have the most effect.

Problem is that people are becoming more and more aware of the game and how it is played. It's finally reaching a point where those playing the Race Card becoming outcasts and scorned as they should be.

To better understand Obama, the Progressives and their real agenda, study up on Bill Ayers a domestic Terrorist (a real one who admits to his crimes, who got off on a technicality and openly admits that as well), Saul Alinsky and those he learned from. This Race Card game they are playing is all part of that. That and the successful takeover of our public schools.

These people envision a two Class society ruled over by those, they deem Intellectuals who will rule over the stupid masses. They are following a pattern used before. In the end what it leads to a Ruling Class, a Privileged Class (usually members of a Party they form) and everyone else. All the wealth and power is held by the Ruling Class and the Privileged Class who in exchange for special privileges, controls everyone else for them.

To understand fully study, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and even Hitler.

The Progressives plan is published in many places and was even entered into the Congressional Record. You will find it under terms like the Communists Manifesto or in articles about how they plan to take over without firing a shot.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You can't classify an entire group through the actions of just a few.

If that were the case, then democrats would be WAY more racist considering that a large portion of black people are democrats, and a large portion of those black people are some of the most racist people you would ever meet. And if you deny that then you are blind, ignorant, and have no grasp whatsoever of black culture. I have a lot of black friends that are ostracized by their community for associating with white people.

And for the record I'm not a tea-partier. But I don't think they're racist, and I don't think democrats are racist either, just certain individuals that make up their groups, and every group for that matter. But whatever... partisan politics is for the sheep so you guys just keep bah-ing at each other...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Originally posted by spyder550

If this is all the evidence you have, it is very poor defense of the statement they are racist.

I see the signs about shipping Obama back to Kenya. Yes, that may be a little offensive. But nowhere does that mean that they hate blacks or are racist in any way.

I see the ones implying that Obama is a terrorist, or that he looks like a monkey.

Portraying a leader as a monkey has been a big thing for a long time. Bush had many pictures made of him compared to monkeys. This has nothing to do with racism. They are saying that the person in question is impotent to the office they reside in and that they are "monkeying" around with our country.

So, I see no reason to classify them as any sort of racists. Perhaps testimony or statements they have made might prove more worthwhile for you?

You are right. A bunch of white people holding up racist signs proves nothing.

Report links Tea Party movement to white supremacist groups

The Tea Party movement has extensive links to white supremacist groups, a report published by the Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights today has alleged.www.guardian.co.uk...

NAACP Tea Party Report Alleges White Supremacist, Nationalist Agenda

A new report endorsed by the NAACP and various leftist groups claims to have linked white nationalist groups to the tea party movement. The report, titled “Tea Party Nationalism,” looks at various nationalist groups’ websites and news articles to claim tea party events provide a forum for extremists “hoping to push these [white] protesters toward a more self-conscious and ideological white supremacy.” www.theblaze.com...

Tea Party embraces white Oregon heritage with few people of color in its ranks

The issue of Tea Party members being more than 98 percent white – according to a recent New York Times/CBS News poll – was raised in the Hebo area after local cultural heritage tourism research unearthed the notorious “Exclusion Law” as part of this Oregon coastal region’s heritage. Moreover, local media report a “rise in local Tea Party activities and recruitment;” with a planned Tea Party rally set for the 4th of July near Hebo. The New York Times/CBS News poll found “only 1 percent of Tea Party supporters are black, and only 1 percent are Hispanic,” whereas, locals will tell you “there’s no people of ‘color’ living in and around Hebo,” or in other Tea Party enclaves in Oregon these days.www.huliq.com...

Tea Party Movement: Patriotism or White Supremacy?

Tea Party leaders often deny being motivated by racial animus in general or against President Barack Obama. However, white supremacy is the core consistent subliminal theme running throughout many of the Tea Party factions.www.ethicsdaily.com...

And finally what I think should be the most incriminating evidence that the Tea Party has racist roots...

A former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Duke describes himself as a racial realist, Duke has claimed that thousands of Tea Party movement activists have urged him to run for president in 2012 and he is seriously considering entering the Republican Party primaries

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

from what I've read and seen of the Tea Party only two things have ever been possible for me to classify as Racism.

Wondering what these 2 were.....???
Anyway you can add the above to your collection of evidence as well.

For what it's worth. In the end it doesn't matter.
We are all possessed of two different ideologies and the same with the Nation.
Everyone is more or less one of the other of these two diametrically opposite mindsets and optimally both these left brain and right brain philosophies should work in synchronicity. One is not better or preferable to the other. They are different but equally necessary in getting and assembling a bigger picture.

Now you see why GOP wants to get rid of art and music and why they are pushing for English as a national language. They are our countries LEFT BRAIN.

Instead, in our material world the left and right brains pitted against each other as adversaries and manifest in the Democrat - Republican mindset. They are far from adversaries and in fact they need each other and one without the other is a disaster.

BUT, As long as one side of your brain is fighting with the other ad infinitum you are never going to get anything done. And that is the operating principal here. You are not even going to be able to see where you are going unless you step out of the fight. And no one does but if you can and you ...

Back up.

Farther.

Now you see. You are not even in the game here. You are only a theoretical "character" destined to keep battling with all the other "characters" and the supreme order emerges through and fostered by this climate of chaos.

This battle you imagine is the Republicans against the Democrats is really an age old battle, the same battle being waged for centuries:

The rich against the poor.

The wealthy are keeping the poor so busy feeding themselves they will not notice where they are really spending their money.

There are many more poor, of course so you think they would have an easy win but the deck is stacked against them. The wealthy have more people representing them in politics. Politicians are the patrons of the rich and not there to assure your Constitutional Freedoms but there to do the bidding of the wealthy who prop them up in office with monetary contributions.
edit on 29-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The only reason Tea Party is classified as racist is simple. People in control do not want to lose control, so label the opposition as the most horrendous being you can, a racist.

You can link all the neo nazi, KKK, whatever garbage you want. They are no more racist than the black panthers sitting at the voting booth last election.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
The only reason Tea Party is classified as racist is simple. People in control do not want to lose control, so label the opposition as the most horrendous being you can, a racist.

You can link all the neo nazi, KKK, whatever garbage you want. They are no more racist than the black panthers sitting at the voting booth last election.

That kind of ignorance is why we keep spinning our wheels and not going anywhere.
You might not have all the right answers but it will help to at least know who your enemies are.
The guy in the wolf suit waving the flag...not so much.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

That kind of ignorance is why we keep spinning our wheels and not going anywhere.
You might not have all the right answers but it will help to at least know who your enemies are.

Ignorance?

Maybe you need to read their post again.

Sounds spot on to me.

So-called progressives/dems/libs know that racism is a hot button issue and something many whites carry a guilt complex on.

The racism charge is often leveled precisely because the so-called progressives/dems/libs know that and they are desperate for an issue they can manufacture to try and gain back some voters.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
yeah im racist

i beleive that global warming is a fraud

i beleive that a smaller government with less power will be more effective for the long term survival of this country

i belive that that smaller less intrusive government who taxes me less and lives within its means is what the people need today.

yeah im a RACIST!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Beyond the xenophobic rhetoric, the signs with Pres. Obama dressed up like a wich-doctor, the racist letter the head of the TP sent to the NCAAP...etc. etc.

Or the repeated Polls that show 90-95% of TPers are WHITE, with maybe 1% black....

Out of all the polling and data...Ironically the one item of evidence that tells me most succinctly that the TP is racist is the fact that EVERY time they see the rare black man at one of thier rallies they swarm him with cameras and video tape him, put him on youtube and shout "see! we are not racist" and then ask him to go on stage and speak!

Next time you see a vid of that black man at a TP rally, look over his shoulder...look out into the crowd as far as you can see, and see if you can spot another black man or family. See any white folks?
edit on 29-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Originally posted by centurion1211

Ignorance?
Sounds spot on to me.
So-called progressives/dems/libs know that racism is a hot button issue and something many whites carry a guilt complex on.
The racism charge is often leveled precisely because the so-called progressives/dems/libs know that and they are desperate for an issue they can manufacture to try and gain back some voters.

Oh, now it is the "progressive Dems" that are the problem with the country?
What a joke. It looks like you are falling hook line and sinker for the lie too.
Nice outfit.
Guess you represent the MIC? Military Industrial Complex - owned by the rich like a set of GI Joes. You know TPTB have as much respect for their fighting men as an Organ Grinder has for his monkey?

I don't have to read it again. Yes, I said ignorance. It can only be "not knowing" that average Americans are being pitted against each other and against an ideological enemy called the "progressive" or the "conservative" simply so the wealthy can get away with and continue their game of getting richer off the sweat and blood and backs of the poor.
The Tea Party is a farce. I am not saying anyone else has the answers I am saying the Tea Party is a facade and a farce designed to fool you and remove even more of your "Constitutional rights."

People who do not see that will walk wide-eyed into their own miserable fates and what will it be that led them there? Falsehoods and lies ...and ignorance of who they were aligning with and what they were getting themselves in for.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Why is this statement so prevalent? I don't understand...

Originally this movement was about restoring our Constitution - it was more or less a spin-off of the Ron Paul Revolution, but the "Tea Party" has since been hijacked....

I knew something was amiss when Sarah Palin reared her ugly head in support of the Tea Party.

The Tea Party has now been swept up into the MSM blender to make sure that the original goals set forth would never be achieved.

In short, the whole movement has been captured, neutered and neutralized by the NWO, that is if it wasn't engineered by them from the beginning.

edit on 29-8-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Beyond the xenophobic rhetoric, the signs with Pres. Obama dressed up like a wich-doctor, the racist letter the head of the TP sent to the NCAAP...etc. etc.

How about the all nasty caricatures of Bush and Reagan as monkeys and nazis, etc.?

Just the obama ones are bad and out of line?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

Originally posted by centurion1211

Ignorance?
Sounds spot on to me.

Oh, now it is the "progressive Dems" that are the problem with the country?
What a joke. It looks like you are falling hook line and sinker for the lie too.

I don't have to read it again. Yes, I said ignorance. It can only be "not knowing" that average Americans are being pitted against each other and against a ideological enemy called the "progressive" or the "conservative" simply so the wealthy can get away with and continue their game of getting richer off the sweat and blood and backs of the poor.
The Tea Party is a farce. I am not saying anyone else has the answers I am saying the Tea Party is a facade and a farce designed to fool you and remove even more of your "Constitutional rights"
People who do not see that will walk into their own miserable fates and what will it be that led them there? Falsehoods and lies ...and ignorance of what the heck they were getting themselves in for.

Sounds like a legged man in a @$$ kicking contest here. Ignorance I think not. Calling a spade a spade is not part of the libtactics. They prefer to blame, name, lie, cheat, and steal.

Your marxism will fail or it all will fail.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

Whatever you say Eavel.
I am not here to shatter your delusions.

Rock on buddy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join