It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God truely protect us. My true story of proof.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A young girl sit's on her inner city rooftop lonely and stareing at the star's.
She could faintly hear her mother fighting with her boyfriend over something
but could not make it out. She slowly walked over to the sky light in the middle of
the rooftop to peer down.

She could see the spiraling stair case, which was a trade mark in this part of
baltimore md. She could see her mother running down the staire's with the boyfriend
right behind her. The girl could see something in his hand but she couldnt make it out clear
enough. The girl began to randown the fire escape and crawled into her bedroom window.

She could smell an odor that filled the air. Her room was drenched from cieling to floor in a
liquid that wasnt there before she went to the roof. As she made her way down the three floors
to make her way to her mother's voice. Her eye's and nose began to sting. Her throat became
increaseingly irratated from the stranggle hold of what ever seemed to lurk within the house.

As the girl turned the corner in the dinning room she saw her mother crying on a chair.
Her mother's boyfriend splashing the red container of the liquid around. Her mother screamed
"Please dont, let her go". It took the girl a moment to process what her mother was talking
about.Her mother was pleading for her childs life.

She looked across the room to see the boyfriend grab a lighter screaming "I will burn this whole
place down. I dont care about you or that brat of your's either". The girl could hear the venom
in his voice. She could feel his rage surround her in that room. The girl ran over to her mother
and pulled her up. "C'mon Mommy, Lets go I am scared". The girl tried to plead with her
mother. Her mother didnt move out of fear of what the maniac in the room would do.
The child mustered up everything shewas worth and screamed. "MOM, LET'S GO NOW".
Her mother broke out of her fearfull trance from her daughter's scream's.

They made their way to the front door but it was bolt locked. They turned around to run to the
back door but their path was blocked. Now the boyfriend stood there with a shotgun pointed
dead onto them. "Do you want to leave me". He asked of the girl's mother.
"Yes, you are scareing me". The mother screamed in fear at him. Tears rolling down her eye's.
As if the mother knew this was her and her daughter's last breath.

The daughter stood in front of her mother and screamed "I wont let you shoot my mom".
The boyfriend smiled an evil grin towards the pair. "Really" he said.
The girl held back at his retort; "Go Ahead". He was going to do it. She could feel it comeing.
The girl closed her eye's and took a deep breath to hear a click. ......!!!!

This is a true story. This is my story of when I was 11 years old and my drug addicted mother
and her boyfriend where whacked out on some laced heroin. Luckily he was so high he forgot to
load the gun. When he relized this, He decided to break the window's in the living room. My
mother and I where showered by brokeing piece's of glass raining down on us from his rage.

When he finally passed out we had to go through the fire escape to get away from him.
Someone who had heard everything called foster care. I was replaced into my old foster home.
The sad part was this was the last time foster care ever allowed her to legally see me.

Doe's God truely protect us?? My answer yes!!
LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone not loading a gun because they are high on drugs doesnt mean god protected you

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Amazing story. God is amazing. There are no accidents in this life. You have an amazing writing style as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Doe's God truely protect us?? My answer yes!!

I can't deny that i truely believe this as well...

Sadly, not everyone is as fortunate as yourself.

Perhaps that has to do with an individual's "faith in God"?

If not "God", even a "higher power"? Guardian angels?

People find their answers in scriptures. The problem is when an individuals translation of said texts confict with another persons interpretation.

Though there is a common ground which all scriptures have...

Finding that is the key IMHO

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Its awful that this happened, and I am sorry.

But if "he" saved you, why did he even let it get that far? Wouldnt he have spared you from all of that horrible business?

I have to say it was just a high man forgettng to load, sorry

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Someone not loading a gun because they are high on drugs doesnt mean god protected you

Certainly things can be explained away "naturally" or simple "coincidences", but it's really your understanding and opinion of "coincidences" that determine how you view these events.

Take for example, my mother who had moments to live in '05 with septic shock poisoning her entire body (if you don't know what that is, educate yourself). Her cold, dying body laid on the hospital bed in critical care - I saw 6 others die in that section of the hospital, rightly so - that's where they moved "lost hope" cases.

Tell me, is it a coincidence a Christian family could place hands on her and pray, and have heat restored to her body, vital signs stabilized and able to walk out of their a week later? Is it a coincidence she was told there was nothing left they can do, and that she will not be alive much longer - yet her belief in God had nothing to do with the miracle of her being alive to this day? Doctors don't know what cured her, and called this a miracle case.

Cases like this can be easily dismissed as coincidences, but I'd caution to do so lightly.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Its awful that this happened, and I am sorry.

But if "he" saved you, why did he even let it get that far? Wouldnt he have spared you from all of that horrible business?

I have to say it was just a high man forgettng to load, sorry

Assume nothing bad ever happens to Christians, assume God eliminates all potential issues in ones life - ignoring free will completely - what proof would people have of God?

If nothing bad ever happens, there are no miracles to be performed or to occur. Faith in God would be lost.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
First dont be sorry. I gotten over it along time ago. Except while I was writting it down
my heart was pounding.

Originally posted by chancemusky

That truely depends on how you look at it. But for me it is answered by a phrase
alot of people in love use. I love you so much I would die for you.

Because of this one incident among many other's I truely understand a deeper meaning to love.
I now fully understand what I am capable of. I know to many that will sound crazy and bizzare.
But to many other's it speaks volume's of truth.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Thank you for sharing your poignant testimony. Miracles do happen. Some are spared, some are not. Who are we to know the mind of God? Somehow, in the end - it will all make sense (as difficult as that may be to believe or understand now). Walk in the light of His footsteps.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
hi ,how are you?...i knew this story was about you,i could tell it was by the first couple of lines.sorry you had to live through that,if i was there then i would have helped you and your mother,gun or not.i'm glad that you are still here now...my uncle had his head completely blown off by a shotgun,fired by his deranged girlfriend who was angry that he didnt bring home any coc aine for her,at least that was the straw that broke the camels back in her mind anyways...that happened in boston,mass.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
then as now,tis simple truth...sweetest smile hides sharpest tooth...^^^

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Certainly things can be explained away "naturally" or simple "coincidences", but it's really your understanding and opinion of "coincidences" that determine how you view these events.

Take for example, my mother who had moments to live in '05 with septic shock poisoning her entire body (if you don't know what that is, educate yourself). Her cold, dying body laid on the hospital bed in critical care - I saw 6 others die in that section of the hospital, rightly so - that's where they moved "lost hope" cases.

Tell me, is it a coincidence a Christian family could place hands on her and pray, and have heat restored to her body, vital signs stabilized and able to walk out of their a week later? Is it a coincidence she was told there was nothing left they can do, and that she will not be alive much longer - yet her belief in God had nothing to do with the miracle of her being alive to this day? Doctors don't know what cured her, and called this a miracle case.

Cases like this can be easily dismissed as coincidences, but I'd caution to do so lightly.

LOL

Yup prayer works.

As for your mother being saved by prayer....i do not believe it. If prayer truely worked...what was she doing in hospital?? Why take her there if you can save her by praying??

Its your belief, its not backed by science, and never will be. There are no such things as miracles
(unless you believe in sky fairies )

The mortality rate from septic shock is approximately 25%-50%

Treatment primarily consists of the following. Volume resuscitation[3] Early antibiotic administration[3] Early goal directed therapy[3] Rapid source identification and control. Support of major organ dysfunction. Among the choices for vasopressors, norepinephrine is superior to dopamine in septic shock.[4] Both however are still listed as first line in guidelines.[4] Antimediator agents may be of some limited use in severe clinical situations however are controversial:[5] Low dose steroids (hydrocortisone) for 5 – 7 days led to improved outcomes.[6][7] Recombinant activated protein C (drotrecogin alpha) in a 2011 Cochrane review was found not to decrease mortality and thus was not recommended for use.[8] Other reviews however comment that it may be effective in those with very severe disease.[9]

edit on 27-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

But hey....if you believe prayer works and you dont put people in danger...ie, not taking then to hospital, then thats your own choice. But....without medical care chances are your mother would have died, so im glad you did take her to see the EXPERTS

edit on 27-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sounds more like the gun got jammed to me, but hey you never know!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thanks for the kind words. Unsure what the second reply means though :/
Thats why I dont like drug use. It twist's one mind and completely seperates
them from all reality. And for those who are already lost from reality w/o the
drug use, its a double whammy.

Sorry about you're uncle. I wish that the circumstances where different.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maybe I'm ignorant, but I've never heard of someone high on heroin going into an energetic rage, that's new to me.
Also, you've shown nothing to even suggest that God exists, let alone proof.

I don't even believe the story, it sounds like a grab for attention from someone with some kind of emotional difficulty.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

When he passed out, you had to go through the fire escape to get away from him? Was he still in a rage and blocking the door while passed out?

He went around the house smashing windows, and this rained broken glass down upon you? Is your ceiling made of windows?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I also had a strange event at 11 that had a large impact on my life. I grew up in the back hills of WV. Now if you have ever been there you know the roads are narrow and windey. One winter me and my family were caught in a bad snow storm. We were driving up a very narrow hill one side was hillside the other a cliff drop off. Coming down the hill was a semi out of control and jack knifing. There was no where to go and nothing to do! The last thing any of us in the car remembered was dad swerving for that cliff. The next thing we knew we were at the top of the hill and the trucker was safe at the bottom. We had no idea how we got there.Dad backed the car up and there was our tracks leading straight off the cliff. Now if that isnt God giving a helping hand I dont know what is! i will never forget that for the rest of my life it was amazing!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

LOL

Yup prayer works.

If you paid attention to the video, you would learn that the parents are not affiliated to any church. What 'god' were they praying to, I wonder?

As for your mother being saved by prayer....i do not believe it. If prayer truely worked...what was she doing in hospital?? Why take her there if you can save her by praying??

Believe it or not, I do not care. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm giving an account of actual events. And to be honest, I don't believe our prayers were really in desperation prior to her being in the hospital. She was ill, we knew this, but we didn't know HOW ill. It wasn't until it was too late we realized how serious the matter was.

Its your belief, its not backed by science, and never will be. There are no such things as miracles
(unless you believe in sky fairies )

Sorry, friend, but you are trying to use Science to find evidence of miracles and of supernatural events. That's like trying to use a thermometer to find out how fast the wind is blowing. It's not going to work, friend :]

The mortality rate from septic shock is approximately 25%-50%

Treatment primarily consists of the following. Volume resuscitation[3] Early antibiotic administration[3] Early goal directed therapy[3] Rapid source identification and control. Support of major organ dysfunction. Among the choices for vasopressors, norepinephrine is superior to dopamine in septic shock.[4] Both however are still listed as first line in guidelines.[4] Antimediator agents may be of some limited use in severe clinical situations however are controversial:[5] Low dose steroids (hydrocortisone) for 5 – 7 days led to improved outcomes.[6][7] Recombinant activated protein C (drotrecogin alpha) in a 2011 Cochrane review was found not to decrease mortality and thus was not recommended for use.[8] Other reviews however comment that it may be effective in those with very severe disease.[9]

None of which worked. Her body was overtaken at such a rapid pace, the doctors had no other choice. She was not on any medication when she was lying on that bed. They could not give her any pain relief either, as her veins were too thin.

But hey....if you believe prayer works and you dont put people in danger...ie, not taking then to hospital, then thats your own choice. But....without medical care chances are your mother would have died, so im glad you did take her to see the EXPERTS

I do believe prayer works, and for good reason. This isn't one event, there are several that occur in my life. I wish you were blessed enough to receive the same treatment.. or at least recognize it.

My mother was fine for several years until she was diagnosed with Leukemia last year. It went away, surely, but came back in full force this year. She had 2 months to live when she was told in January. A few weeks ago she was taken into critical care again, which I no doubt respect doctors and am grateful for their.. attempts.. at treating her. Unfortunately, this time, not only is she still diagnosed with Leukemia, but she was also told she has two highly deadly bacteria in her bladder (septic shock.. again), a staph infection in the eye, and an infection in the lungs. The first day, doctors told my dad she would not make it through the weekend.

Prayer. Lots of it. Family got together. Doctors were treating her, but nothing was working. Platelets continued to drop, all her numbers dropped - the doctor working on her has never seen numbers so low. If there was any bleeding in her, she would bleed out and die with such low numbers.

I no doubt believe the Doctors stabilized her, but the point of the matter is - she's 60 years old, she is very weak. Without God strengthening her, she should have died that night we brought her in.

She's home now, after only a week and a half in the hospital. She's doing better than she has been all year.

My God works wonders.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Side Effects of Using Heroin
A person who is coming down from using heroin may feel irritable as the drug leaves their body. They may even feel depressed after coming down. It's not uncommon for heroin users to use more than once in a 24-hour period to get the rush and the high again.

Since the drug affects the pleasure centers in the user's brain, their emotions may flat line in between times. After a time, the person may find that they don't have good feelings unless they are doing the heroin dance. In searching for a way to cope with or escape from negative feelings, they don't feel much of anything. The drug becomes the way for them to experience something positive in their lives.

Along with the psychological side effects of addiction, a heroin addict experiences a physical addiction to the drug. The addict needs to continue taking it to ward off withdrawal symptoms, including dysphoria (a combination of anxiety, depression and feeling restless), insomnia, muscle aches and diarrhea.

LINK TO ABOVE QUOTE LINK

You can either believe me or not. That choice is your's and your's alone.
You are forgetting that I was 11 years old durning this. I do not use drugs so I
dont know. All I know is durning that time period her choice was heroin. If she wasnt
high she was in rehab from this point on.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes it does. You undersetimate how Jesus works. He does subtle things, so as to not alarm the person that is trying to attack his children. People don't just conveniently forget how to load a shotgun, i can drink and be drunk off my ass and still remember how to load a shotgun.
edit on 27-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join