It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I agree, what is meant to inspire is almost constantly criticized by people. Change is not easy, from the point of view of a skeptic.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
well, i think from what I have read it depends how much your consciousness is trained.
When you already are experienced with meditation and further mind practice you will have some kind of continous mind state. Normally your consciousness is kind of unaware when you get into sleep, but when you are trained you will be aware of getting into sleep.
So, then you will further notice when you awake, too. So, I think when you would suddenly DIE in sleep, you wouldnt have the possibility to return into your body ( logically), but your mind is alive and awake, of course. Like people describe, when they have an OOBE..
greets
edit on 27-8-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
See "Astral Projection"

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've thought about this too, and I think the answer lies in how you died in your sleep.

If you had a heart attack in your sleep and it didn't awaken you from the dream, I would venture a guess that you could keep dreaming until your brain completely stopped working.

However the brain can only survive about 10 minutes without oxygen, so it would be very short lived, if at all.

If someone shot you in the head in your sleep, well...I'm guessing the dream would just end...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by griswold

I insist!!
I want so much to know how it felt, how it seemed.
My father died a year ago, and in the days preceding, I said to him each time I left his side, "Daddy, if you aren't here when I get back, please be sure to let me know where you are so that I can find you there."

Two days after he had "died", my mom gave me his non-functioning wrist-watch (long story), and the next day, while I was in between waves of grief, I looked at that watch. The second hand had moved. It gave me hope, it gave me comfort. And not long after that (some days later), I was again between waves of suffering and grief and pain, and I put my face up to the sky, while tears streamed silently from the outer corners of my eyes, and I took a deep breath...

And I could feel my Dad embracing me, signaling me that everything was okay.

If you could, please, try to explain in English. Or, if your native tongue happens to be Spanish, I speak/read it also....

i remember my grandmother was lying in her bed at night and she started yelling deleriously at something in her room so we ran in there and turned on the light.she told us that a black cat was running around her room and jumping on her bed.she did not own a cat and her window was shut and at that same moment she said she saw her deceased father hoovering outside her bedroom window,beckoning her with his hand to come with him. he had been dead over twenty years and he never owned a cat either. we calmed her down,turned out the light and left the room... my grandmother never woke up in the morning...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

if you believe in the strictly materialistic model, this is what u get.

if not, you will be surprised after death or ´in sleep´ your mind with full conscousness is still there.
see out-of-body-experience and other professional research as Moody etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is like the dumb question about what happens if you travel back in time before you were born and you kill your father. What happens then.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai
reply to post by blocula

You missed my point.

Your OP is a neverending question with no answer.

No one will ever know the answer unless they're brought back from the dead. And that would bring about a new question, such as: "What IS death?" Is like putting your computer to sleep?

neither came first,a chicken evolved from something else...

Then what did that something else evolve from? The phrase is a philosophical question much like your OP.

humanity created god...another universe...

Then what created humanity? And what created that? And then that? And That?

Do you friggin see where I'm going with this??

So back to your post:

if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about?

Yeah sure. Why not? Are you suggesting that the dreamstate is you in another dimension or universe, paradigm, realm or whatever?
of course i got your point.i was just answering your questions.i dont expect there to be a rock solid true answer to this thread.but one thing is true.people dream all the time and theres literally billions! of dreams being acted out every day.so what are they? no one "really" knows.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

You missed my point.

No one will ever know the answer unless they're brought back from the dead. And that would bring about a new question, such as: "What IS death?" Is like putting your computer to sleep?

Then what did that something else evolve from? The phrase is a philosophical question much like your OP.

So back to your post:

if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about?

Yeah sure. Why not? Are you suggesting that the dreamstate is you in another dimension or universe, paradigm, realm or whatever?
when we dream,we are entering into this >>> en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

You missed my point.

So back to your post:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I always wake up before I die.Remeber your deams right away when you wake up.Write then down and you will see how maney come true.When I pray to Yhwa sometimes Ive left my body and I can look down and see myself when Im in another realm ! I cant answer your question but Im feeling that that is what happens.Keep seeking !

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
This is like the dumb question about what happens if you travel back in time before you were born and you kill your father. What happens then.

If you would be able to travel before your birth and would kill your own father, nothing would probably happen, bcause its another timeline or possible reality that wont affect yours.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
how do we know what dreams "really are"?...we dont and as usual we have only theories and educated guesses about everything. we dont really know because we perceive reality with limited senses...in dreams that i have had,there are so many elaborate details of objects that i can touch, sound,color,movement,wind,air,emotion,sensations and filled with people that know me,some who were waiting for me,its got to mean something more than what we think and as i asked above...how do we see light in our dreams,when our eyes "are closed"? close your eyes right now,what do you see?...nothing! because theres no light entering your eyes. yet our dreams are filled with light, if they were not you would'nt see anything. so i believe that our soul,our kinetic energy life force,is actually traveling to and within another reality and if you died while in a dream or nightmare,you would just seamlessly transition within this alternate reality,this other world... and as far as going into the light.why do so many people think that "we have to go into this light"? says who? why? those that were near death did'nt "really die" or they would'nt be here to tell us about it. this light is actually someone remembering their very first memory of moving down through "the birth canal" and out into "the light" of the hospital delivery room. the brain,within the trauma of dying,brings this supressed memory out of our subconscious and into our consciousness and those near death report seeing people waiting for them inside this light,well,guess who they are,the doctor,nurses and whoever else was in the delivery room at the time.....
this is what i think we are entering within when we dream >>>en.wikipedia.org... >>> and has anyone thought about how we are able to see light in a dream when our eyes are closed? ^^^ close your eyes right now,what do you see?...nothing....good people die and enter into a pleasant, heavenly alternate reality and bad people die and enter into a hellish, nightmare alternate reality...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

i'll start by saying that when ever i try to explain this strange theory of mine to people,they almost always think that i mean, "if you died in a dream" or "can you die in a dream"...this is not what i'm talking about at all and its a little hard to explain,but i'll try...you go to bed and fall asleep,then you start to dream. now if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about? meaning your soul actually enters into this "alternate reality". the people there would know you and you would know them and the places there would be familiar to you. this would just become "another life" for you,a new world. meanwhile in the morning,your family would find your lifeless body,now without a soul,laying in your bed and they would bury you,never knowing that your soul has traveled "beyond the realms of death" and is still alive,now living in another world,the world you were dreaming about when you died and in "this other world" when you fall asleep and dream,you are dreaming of the world you left behind. this could happen to us over and over again...forever.

very good question !!! correct phrase should be I think : if I die WHILE I am dreaming of something .. etc etc ... so let's imagine : my last dream was : I dream about me being the captain of a big ship, kind of ferry-boat .. friends are aboard and I do arrive in a harbour/port .. I am looking at the ship out of the water now ( yes that was my dream last night ) and I see the ship has no propellors ... so I am asking myself how did it move in the sea .. ( do not forget I am the captain ... ) I do not understand how we did arrive at the port but anyway .... let's say I am dying now in this world and enter in my dream world becoming my real world ....

how could this be real in a possible way ?? I mean, if my dream world was a bit logical, my ship should have propellors, me being the captain I should know about the mechanical drive .... so I think, dreams are just a mix of real and just random stupid connections in the brain .....
the ship was in the water and a second later it was out of the water me inspecting the propulsion .....
how could it ever be a second reality ?? a reality more stupid than the real awaken one .....

so, the brain takes a brake while sleeping, because sleeping and dreaming are necessary for it's perfect ( ? ) functioning but I think when you die in your dreams the physical brain dies, the dreaming dies with it also, and the separation of the soul is just the same as if you were awake !!!
another life after this life, heaven or hell ( lol ... ) but it's the SOUL that lives further on another level of consciousness, not the brain's mechanical/biological/neurological/chimical behaviour ....

edit on 27-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
How could anyone possibly answer such a question ???????
And that's even assuming that there is such a thing as life after death ... which I definitely do NOT believe to be the case.
i'm not expecting a solid yes or no answer.its meant to inspire deep thought and for us to wonder about the possibilities...this is something that might happen to us all. we might be here now because we died somewhere else...

yes, but maybe you then were not dying in your dream, just now it is a possible reincarnation ......

saturday Europe 19h30.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's a neat question but I am more perplexed by those that believe nothing happens and death is just that. If so, why would anyone follow laws, or listen anyone as there is no reason to care? If it is all so meaningless, I will steal your crap.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

Originally posted by White Locust

If you would be able to travel before your birth and would kill your own father, nothing would probably happen, bcause its another timeline or possible reality that wont affect yours.
this is exactly what i think as well. if i could travel back in time and help napoleon win the battle of waterloo,"in that time line" he would be the victor,but when i returned "to my time line" he still would have lost...as this link explains >>> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds to me you are describing "lucid dreaming" in a sense. There is a definite transition in my dreams where everything is fuzzy and then changes to become more pronounced and defined. I do feel alive in my dreams, able to do and go where I want. There is a profound sense of empowerment, that I am able to play around and explore in this new reality, and also a sense that I shouldn't be there, at least not yet. It's a fight to keep this experience going, however almost soon after it is cut short.

Perhaps I die every time that I lay down to sleep and somehow revived because it's not my time to go.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Well you cannot out-rightly deny the existence of a soul for one. We just cannot agree upon a definition. We have experience which to some would constitute the soul, to others the soul is something we grow within by cultivating the correct qualities and balance between them.

Secondly as to travel within dreams. We cannot say conclusively that the worlds we enter into when we dream are any less real then the world we find ourselves in when awake. It may be that our consciousness is tripping or operating simultaneously on multiple levels of which we have no awareness when locked into a singular state. When we dream we have as little awareness of reality as we have of our dreams when we are here.

If anything science is showing that consciousness is the universe, experience or expectation determines the form. The life we have is only our life because of our seemingly direct relationship to it. However in dreams we see that relationship taken away and so we are able to easily slip into the flow of another life. This can only happen because there is no separation, except for when it is manifested directly within experience.

If anything this is a more refined and precise understanding of the Universe because it only requires it to be made of one thing. Experience of separation is an illusion, that the same I we all share entered into. It only lasts as long as we perceive it to exist and once separation is transcended, either by science or mysticism or some other operation upon our minds, its impact upon our direct experience ends. Immortality is guaranteed, not for the ego or the shell of a life we call our own, but the life that eternally watches from behind all things, that produces all things from itself, will always go on.

edit on 27/8/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Well you cannot out-rightly deny the existence of a soul for one. We just cannot agree upon a definition. We have experience which to some would constitute the soul, to others the soul is something we grow within by cultivating the correct qualities and balance between them.

Secondly as to travel within dreams. We cannot say conclusively that the worlds we enter into when we dream are any less real then the world we find ourselves in when awake. It may be that our consciousness is tripping or operating simultaneously on multiple levels of which we have no awareness when locked into a singular state. When we dream we have as little awareness of reality as we have of our dreams when we are here.

If anything science is showing that consciousness is the universe, experience or expectation determines the form. The life we have is only our life because of our seemingly direct relationship to it. However in dreams we see that relationship taken away and so we are able to easily slip into the flow of another life. This can only happen because there is no separation, except for when it is manifested directly within experience.

If anything this is a more refined and precise understanding of the Universe because it only requires it to be made of one thing. Experience of separation is an illusion, that the same I we all share entered into. It only lasts as long as we perceive it to exist and once separation is transcended, either by science or mysticism or some other operation upon our minds, its impact upon our direct experience ends. Immortality is guaranteed, not for the ego or the shell of a life we call our own, but the life that eternally watches from behind all things, that produces all things from itself, will always go on.

edit on 27/8/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)
very well said and i agree...i'll ask again.how do we see light in our dreams when our eyes are closed? if you close your eyes right now,what do you see?...nothing...so if theres no light entering our closed eyes when we are dreaming then we must be entering within some other reality where there is light...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join