It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

no! ya go to the light face judgement and accept the consequences.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
I doubt it. Because I had died after being killed in one of my dreams. Being a lucid dreams. I'm aware and can feel anything in my dreams. This wasn't the only time I was killed. Of course I felt being killed by the individual but I know I didn't die as a result of the dream.
but if you "really died" while having that dream,you might have just stayed in it and that would become your new reality...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skydog801
reply to post by blocula

or maybe we should'nt go into the light,like a moth thats drawn into a candle flame! >>>forum.davidicke.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula now if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about? meaning your soul actually enters into this "alternate reality".

I really don't know why this would scratch your head, unless you are on the side that the chemicals in your brain don't cause your dreams.

If you actually died, no more heart beating blood to the brain no more electric current flowing through cells. The dream would stop I would think

If something happens with souls and transitions, I don't think someone's dream that could have been inspired by a movie they watched before they went to sleep is going to change what seems like a universal process.

edit on 26-8-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by skydog801
reply to post by blocula

or maybe we should'nt go into the light,like a moth thats drawn into a candle flame! >>>forum.davidicke.com...

Well, blocula, you already know what I think about the "light." .... but, when I was really young, my mom told me "if you die in your dream, you die in real (physical here and now) life."
That always scared the bejeeberz out of me....
so, I've never had a dream where I actually died in the dream...
and obvi I haven't died while dreaming.

But I definitely think it's worth exploring the theories about dreams and life and death and what the subconcious is trying to tell us.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

hmm not too sure on this one but I will say this, If it is true I wuld like to die while dreaming about being the only guy on a beach full of hot bikini models

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interesting theory (would make a good movie) but yeah, there is no way to prove that.
Just like you can't prove that you're not actually a brain in a jar dreaming that I'm writing you this post

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Source code was a good movie.

will YOU try to save the poeple on the trains

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

That was pretty close to this idea, wasn't it...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is quite a theory, while I don't see any logical solution to your question, it is something to think about and I can't think of a better place on the net to post this. My personal thoughts is that this is highly unlikely.. I do believe in the afterlife, but I believe that when you die whether it's during consciousness or subconsciousness (dream state) is not relevant. Once your soul departs your shell you enter a dimension completely outside of the human conscious. There is a very good book that vaguely touches on this matter by Carl Jung -- Jung and the paranormal.

I will try to find a link if you're interested, to the average Joe it's extremely complicated, but based on your post I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to think twice about it.

S&F.
edit on 26-8-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Maybe, but if NDEs tell us anything, at the instant of death you would probably be plucked from your dream like a ripened fruit and be squarely facing "the light". And then you will see either the pearly gates, the skull-lined, spiked death gates of hell, or 72 virgins....Your choice.

Hmm well if that's the last image I see (even if it's just a hallucination brought on by my dying brain) Then maybe I should convert to Islam! I could care less for pearly gates....72 virgins all waiting for me, seems like a much more pleasant image to go out on!

Of course Spikes and Skulls do seem pretty 'Rock n' Roll'.....Is there a Religion that combines those two afterlife Ideas into something really bad-ass?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by fooks

i have heard that the light is a trap, if you want to escape being a human being again, you must avoid it.

not sure what i think about that, i suppose ill have to figure it out if and when i see a light.

Yes, but the other option is no fun either, being trapped on Earth as a spirit, maybe there is an end to the cycle, but you have to go into the light to reach it, if you are not done learning then you must become a human being again, I hope it isn't a trap is there a third option besides light or earthbound spirit?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

edit on 27-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think the answer to your question really comes down to "what you believe in", science? metaphysics? religion?

For me I strongly put my faith into my religion-- Buddhism which states that the state of "dreaming" is essentially the same as the process of "thinking" in our waking life of which both are multiple moments of "cittas (consciousness)" occuring in rapid succession. While one "dreams" or "thinks" it is because the function of these cittas. It is impossible to die while you are dreaming since the citta that performs the function of "dying" is a diffrent one than that cittas that dream.
edit on 27/8/2011 by mandrake because: typo correction

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

uhhh, what?

3rd

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What was is like before you were born? That's how death is.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If that's true, my dreams had better start improving.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This doesn't really answer your question OP, but I read a story on the paranormal about website once and it's one of my favorites yet I cannot find the story anymore. Anyway it was a college guy who fell ill (I think) and slept for days and dreamt it seems at least to him that he was living a different life even going to college but the setting wasn't exactly like his college and he had different friends and such, a whole alternate reality, and he finally woke up a week later. I might add that he was alone for this entire time, so may he have actually temporarily died? Who knows? It really is a very interesting read and I wished I could find the story to link here. If you ever saw the movie What Dreams May Come, it may in fact be that we "Create" or build our afterlife just as we create or build our dreams (per Inception). So is it possible to continue in that dream, maybe possibly, maybe the light is just the bridge to that place where you build your world, so being that your unconcious and already have set up your world you need no bridge?
Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by fooks

i have heard that the light is a trap, if you want to escape being a human being again, you must avoid it.

not sure what i think about that, i suppose ill have to figure it out if and when i see a light.

Yes, but the other option is no fun either, being trapped on Earth as a spirit, maybe there is an end to the cycle, but you have to go into the light to reach it, if you are not done learning then you must become a human being again, I hope it isn't a trap is there a third option besides light or earthbound spirit?

i assumed the only reason spirits stay on earth and avoid the light is because they are attached to the physical "dream" they left behind. maybe they dont realize they have a 3rd option? does gravity affect ghosts? do they need oxygen? are they apart of this "dimension" and just invisible? or are they "somewhere else", why not explore that place a little?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i just found the Tibetan book of the dead on my bookshelf

i guess ill actually read it now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join