It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
how do we know what dreams "really are"?...we dont and as usual we have only theories and educated guesses about everything. we dont really know because we perceive reality with limited senses...in dreams that i have had,there are so many elaborate details of objects that i can touch, sound,color,movement,wind,air,emotion,sensations and filled with people that know me,some who were waiting for me,its got to mean something more than what we think and as i asked above...how do we see light in our dreams,when our eyes "are closed"? close your eyes right now,what do you see?...nothing! because theres no light entering your eyes. yet our dreams are filled with light, if they were not you would'nt see anything. so i believe that our soul,our kinetic energy life force,is actually traveling to and within another reality and if you died while in a dream or nightmare,you would just seamlessly transition within this alternate reality,this other world... and as far as going into the light.why do so many people think that "we have to go into this light"? says who? why? those that were near death did'nt "really die" or they would'nt be here to tell us about it. this light is actually someone remembering their very first memory of moving down through "the birth canal" and out into "the light" of the hospital delivery room. the brain,within the trauma of dying,brings this supressed memory out of our subconscious and into our consciousness and those near death report seeing people waiting for them inside this light,well,guess who they are,the doctor,nurses and whoever else was in the delivery room at the time.....
edit on 27-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
You know what up untill intill I read this there was no idea of heaven that would have been any thing other then hell for me.
But living a dream aa yes >this ounds like the way to go and well better start controling my dreams again so its not a weird world i end up in / I sure get some strang dreams .
I could have my family and life back hummmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
since your brian ceases to function after death, no you would not be waking up to anything. think of it as the power being turned off. no chemical reactions, no neurons firing, no dreaming

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
since your brian ceases to function after death, no you would not be waking up to anything. think of it as the power being turned off. no chemical reactions, no neurons firing, no dreaming
we do not know this as a fact,only as a theory. we may transition while dying,not after...check this out,"weighing the human soul"> www.noeticsciences.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My dreams have always been really vivid, and I was once in my "dream world" and I was at the lake near my Mother's house. I was in the water waist deep and was bent over with my head half submerged. I was holding my breath and everything was normal until I realized I couldn't lift my head up.

I was struggling to breathe and in all honestly I can say I felt what it feels like to be drowning. My chest was craving for air and I was about to pass out (in the dream) when I took a breath... underwater.

I could then breathe underwater and it felt as you would imagine...just a cool, smooth, breathe of water.

This dream has happened a couple times in various ways. Once I awoke and had been actually holding my breath in my sleep -my airway wasn't obstructed I just woke up holding my breath-

-I've felt feelings in a dream that are as real as when I am in reality...so who can tell me which is "real" or not?
Nobody can ever answer this question because EVERYTHING is objective. Nothing is experienced as it truly is.

There is no definite Real in this world. As is mentioned above, we could simply awake when we die- or we could join a collective Consciousness of the universe.

But I, for one, cannot picture myself ceasing to think. "Cogito Ergo Sum- I think therefore I am"

Peace
edit on 27-8-2011 by Lapislazuli because: to add

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
My dreams have always been really vivid, and I was once in my "dream world" and I was at the lake near my Mother's house. I was in the water waist deep and was bent over with my head half submerged. I was holding my breath and everything was normal until I realized I couldn't lift my head up.

I was struggling to breathe and in all honestly I can say I felt what it feels like to be drowning. My chest was craving for air and I was about to pass out (in the dream) when I took a breath... underwater.

I could then breathe underwater and it felt as you would imagine...just a cool, smooth, breathe of water.

This dream has happened a couple times in various ways. Once I awoke and had been actually holding my breath in my sleep -my airway wasn't obstructed I just woke up holding my breath-
Either way thought I'd share

Peace
thanx...i think that you actually drowned in a past life,or will in a future one...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Peace
thanx...i think that you actually drowned in a past life,or will in a future one...

I've wondered if people with Phobias (or a seemingly irrational fear) have some relation to a previous life.. for example If you were afraid of pickles (as seen on the Maury show
) you could have choked on one in a previous life...

Theres also those kids that remember past families, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
we do not know this as a fact,only as a theory. we may transition while dying,not after...check this out,"weighing the human soul"> www.noeticsciences.co.uk...

the afterlife is a different question. I'm responding to the dream idea

no brain function, no dreaming

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Peace

I've wondered if people with Phobias (or a seemingly irrational fear) have some relation to a previous life.. for example If you were afraid of pickles (as seen on the Maury show
) you could have choked on one in a previous life...

Theres also those kids that remember past families, etc.
yes! i think that your exactly right and i have thought that this is true for a long time. i am so fascinated by ww1 and/or ww2 because i was there,i fought and died in one or both of those wars,i know i did! the dream that i had that i recounted above on a previous page proves it to me...check it out,did you read that one? i brought it up, below, so yuo could find it easier...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

once i dreamed i was a soldier dressed in either a ww1 or a ww2 uniform and i was with other soldiers inside an underground bunker with small rectangular windows cut out just above the ground for firing our rifles out of.we were speaking german,i do not speak german at all,but "i was" speaking it fluently in this dream.i was looking out one of these small windows.it was daylight and i could see a clearing in front of us,with trees beyond whos leaves were in their autumn colors.suddenly i was watching a terrible barrage of artillery fire blasting in front of us and the thunderous explosions came closer and closer,louder and louder and dirt and shredded trees were flying in the air.then we received a direct hit and all went black...i know for sure,this dream was so incredibly real, that i actually lived this in the past and died there...no doubt about it...
here it is ^^^

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Made me think that maybe that is the problem, that a theory like this is hard to believe or seems farfetched, because we can't control our dreams and we keep coming back here because of what we are offered. I'm sure there are worse realities out there and we know it

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I have a reoccurring dream at least once every few months. Reoccurring in the sense that it is the same place not scenario. This has been happening to me for at least 30 years.

Yeah! Me, too!!

It's a strange feeling, isn't it?

I have a handful of "places" like that. I could draw maps of them, sketches of them, if I really concentrated. I have started to, but got distracte from it. In fact, now that you mention it, I had one last night! In the mountain-town place.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by griswold

I insist!!
I want so much to know how it felt, how it seemed.
My father died a year ago, and in the days preceding, I said to him each time I left his side, "Daddy, if you aren't here when I get back, please be sure to let me know where you are so that I can find you there."

Two days after he had "died", my mom gave me his non-functioning wrist-watch (long story), and the next day, while I was in between waves of grief, I looked at that watch. The second hand had moved. It gave me hope, it gave me comfort. And not long after that (some days later), I was again between waves of suffering and grief and pain, and I put my face up to the sky, while tears streamed silently from the outer corners of my eyes, and I took a deep breath...

And I could feel my Dad embracing me, signaling me that everything was okay.

If you could, please, try to explain in English. Or, if your native tongue happens to be Spanish, I speak/read it also....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
However unlikely this may be, you'd better hope your haveing a really good dream when you pass away..., and not some hellish nightmare.

Or imagine you died in your sleep at the exact moment you were dreaming you were falling from a high building.

Dead, then alive, then dead again. Death x2!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You missed my point.

Your OP is a neverending question with no answer.

No one will ever know the answer unless they're brought back from the dead. And that would bring about a new question, such as: "What IS death?" Is like putting your computer to sleep?

neither came first,a chicken evolved from something else...

Then what did that something else evolve from? The phrase is a philosophical question much like your OP.

humanity created god...another universe...

Then what created humanity? And what created that? And then that? And That?

Do you friggin see where I'm going with this??

So back to your post:

if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about?

Yeah sure. Why not? Are you suggesting that the dreamstate is you in another dimension or universe, paradigm, realm or whatever?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

once i dreamed i was a soldier dressed in either a ww1 or a ww2 uniform and i was with other soldiers inside an underground bunker with small rectangular windows cut out just above the ground for firing our rifles out of.we were speaking german,i do not speak german at all,but "i was" speaking it fluently in this dream.i was looking out one of these small windows.it was daylight and i could see a clearing in front of us,with trees beyond whos leaves were in their autumn colors.suddenly i was watching a terrible barrage of artillery fire blasting in front of us and the thunderous explosions came closer and closer,louder and louder and dirt and shredded trees were flying in the air.then we received a direct hit and all went black...i know for sure,this dream was so incredibly real, that i actually lived this in the past and died there...no doubt about it...
here it is ^^^

wow, I believe that. Its sounds like your consciousness/soul was remembering its last moments (or the most profound emotional state)... thats awesome

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Firstly, thoughts (dreams are thoughts, too) are neurons firing in your brain. If I could read and calculate your neurons firing in your brain I would be able to piece together what you were dreaming about. However considering just bending your finger is the simultaneous effort of millions of interconnected neurons it would be extremely hard to do so.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In my opinion,
No you would not become alive in a dream if your physical body died. Dreams are created inside your brain, which has been shown through sleep research. Your brain works via chemical reactions and small electrical charges, so at least in my opinion, if these were to cease then the dream would also cease.

This is coming from the perspective of an atheist that does not believe in the soul, though, so mileage may vary.

My line of reasoning comes from thinking about this scenario:

Scientists can now "transport" a single particle from point A to point B.. but by doing so they are reading the information of the particle at point A, destroying it, and then recreating it at point B with the same information..
IF, in the future they were able to transport a complex organization of particles, such as a human, then:

If "I" were to be destroyed at point A, after all information about my body was recorded, and then recreated at point B.. I feel like "I" would cease to exist, and the recreation at point B would not be me - It may be identical to what "I" was, yes.. but "my" consciousness would be gone.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

yes! i think that your exactly right and i have thought that this is true for a long time. i am so fascinated by ww1 and/or ww2 because i was there,i fought and died in one or both of those wars,i know i did

That's not exactly how reality works. Dreams can be literally just as real as real life. You dream with your brain, you perceive reality with your brain. Everything is done with your brain. You don't see with your eyes, you see with your mind. Study psychology for a couple of years and come back to this thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

i'll start by saying that when ever i try to explain this strange theory of mine to people,they almost always think that i mean, "if you died in a dream" or "can you die in a dream"...this is not what i'm talking about at all and its a little hard to explain,but i'll try...you go to bed and fall asleep,then you start to dream. now if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about? meaning your soul actually enters into this "alternate reality". the people there would know you and you would know them and the places there would be familiar to you. this would just become "another life" for you,a new world. meanwhile in the morning,your family would find your lifeless body,now without a soul,laying in your bed and they would bury you,never knowing that your soul has traveled "beyond the realms of death" and is still alive,now living in another world,the world you were dreaming about when you died and in "this other world" when you fall asleep and dream,you are dreaming of the world you left behind. this could happen to us over and over again...forever.

Although your theory is quite interesting, I don't think that it's true. I believe that if you were to die whilst dreaming, your soul would ascend into a higher plane of existence. I do not believe your soul would become a member of the world that you were dreaming about.

Imagine if your theory was true, and you were having a nightmare when you died? That would suck!
But then again, there is no way to truly know

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join