Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I have a reoccurring dream at least once every few months. Reoccurring in the sense that it is the same place not scenario. This has been happening to me for at least 30 years.

Yeah! Me, too!!

It's a strange feeling, isn't it?

I have a handful of "places" like that. I could draw maps of them, sketches of them, if I really concentrated. I have started to, but got distracte from it. In fact, now that you mention it, I had one last night! In the mountain-town place.

It is an awesome experience. There are several places in my dream also.
I just wish there was a way of controlling this so I could "visit" this place more often.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I have a reoccurring dream at least once every few months. Reoccurring in the sense that it is the same place not scenario. This has been happening to me for at least 30 years.

Yeah! Me, too!!

It's a strange feeling, isn't it?

I have a handful of "places" like that. I could draw maps of them, sketches of them, if I really concentrated. I have started to, but got distracte from it. In fact, now that you mention it, I had one last night! In the mountain-town place.

It is an awesome experience. There are several places in my dream also.
I just wish there was a way of controlling this so I could "visit" this place more often.
i think re-occuring dreams are subconscious memories of a life we once lived...somewhere in time.
edit on 28-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That might be, but if the recurring dream places and people are contemporary, like people we know now, in places that aren't less modern, does it mean that we are living "parallel" lives rather than reliving/remembering past lives?

I happen to be of the belief that astral spirits or souls reincarnate in groups, thought not as the same gender or in the same relationships to one another. But all of my recurring dreams are "present day" or in settings I have known in this lifetime, with modern housing, transportation, etc., and the people I know in those dream-places are, in my dreams, people I know in my waking life (or knew -- I frequently dream of my father who left the physical realm a year ago, and also former school-mates, both foes and friends, that I have completely lost touch with).

So if the characters are acquaintances or relations from a previous life, why do I know them in this life?
That's what I mean by parallel dimensional lives...
But the near-death or impending death dreams I have only sometimes involve people I know/knew in waking life.
Sometimes they are strangers.

So, I tend to think (while I'm typing this) that perhaps there are several times/places that we dream about, all happening simultaneously, in different dimensions. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I understand you OP, but there is one problem with the theory, wouldnt EVERYONE have to die to same way, in theyre sleep, to continue living in this alternate reality, what about people who have heart attacks, terminal diseases etc, maybe their soul just transits to the afterlife, maybe the dreamworld, the afterlife, heaven whatever are all the same place.
When you think about it, what actually are you?, i am behind my eyes, ii am my thoughts, when my body dies, i still am just my thoughts, (i wonder if we still have the same personality whih has been formed through the things that we have experienced in our life),
MY point is, maybe the after life is just a thought world, and there ANYTHING is possible. Someone very clever and famous once said (and i cant remember who it was), everything action and everything that you see around you. started as a thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This thread is chilly because the other day I was thinking that what if when we die we become in the dream world as if we are dreaming, but I didn't think of it as any conclusion. In my beliefs I am frightened of the next world, 500 years on earth would be suitable for me to attain enough salvation to transfer.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I understand you OP, but there is one problem with the theory, wouldnt EVERYONE have to die to same way, in theyre sleep, to continue living in this alternate reality, what about people who have heart attacks, terminal diseases etc, maybe their soul just transits to the afterlife, maybe the dreamworld, the afterlife, heaven whatever are all the same place.
When you think about it, what actually are you?, i am behind my eyes, ii am my thoughts, when my body dies, i still am just my thoughts, (i wonder if we still have the same personality whih has been formed through the things that we have experienced in our life),
MY point is, maybe the after life is just a thought world, and there ANYTHING is possible. Someone very clever and famous once said (and i cant remember who it was), everything action and everything that you see around you. started as a thought.
hi how are you and thanx for your comment...i have thought the same thing and i think that maybe those that "die in their sleep while dreaming" are able to see/experience a glimpse of where we are going and those that die violently or are awake when they die probably dont "see whats coming" in the next reality/dimension...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

That might be, but if the recurring dream places and people are contemporary, like people we know now, in places that aren't less modern, does it mean that we are living "parallel" lives rather than reliving/remembering past lives?

I happen to be of the belief that astral spirits or souls reincarnate in groups, thought not as the same gender or in the same relationships to one another. But all of my recurring dreams are "present day" or in settings I have known in this lifetime, with modern housing, transportation, etc., and the people I know in those dream-places are, in my dreams, people I know in my waking life (or knew -- I frequently dream of my father who left the physical realm a year ago, and also former school-mates, both foes and friends, that I have completely lost touch with).

So if the characters are acquaintances or relations from a previous life, why do I know them in this life?
That's what I mean by parallel dimensional lives...
But the near-death or impending death dreams I have only sometimes involve people I know/knew in waking life.
Sometimes they are strangers.

So, I tend to think (while I'm typing this) that perhaps there are several times/places that we dream about, all happening simultaneously, in different dimensions. Make sense?
hi...and yes it makes sense, some are parallel worlds where multiple versions of ourselves exist simultaneously and others are within different time periods...in case you have'nt read this before,heres a quote from einstein > " the apparent seperation between past present and future is an illusion"
check out this link it explains a lot >>> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
we all may be living in a dream world right now and when we awaken from sleep in another reality,thats when we die in this world,which would explain why so many people die without warning ...meaning what i'm doing right now,is a dream that i am having in the other reality! and when i wake up there,i die here...maybe time passes by differently in these alternate realities so 1 hour here is 1 month there or vise-versa or something like that...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you set in a field and let you root chakra vibrate with the earth's vibrations.. you will know you are here for a purpose. To love, help, nourish, and care.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djokovic
If you set in a field and let you root chakra vibrate with the earth's vibrations.. you will know you are here for a purpose. To love, help, nourish, and care.
to love and help eachother whatever the odds, is the test that we are given and most will fail...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am interested in doing this.
I have almost done it a few times in my dreams.
I think that I am getting closer.
I would like to be able to explore this with someone else who is equally interested.
I posted on yahoo answers some time back, this same idea, and was scoffed at, or had people tell me i was immoral.

I do believe this is possible, about a week ago, i had three lucid dreams in sequence, in each i knew i was dreaming, and awoke, only to be found in another dream.

I think when we wake ourselves up, it is to this dream, the physical, i believe IF the dream state before more believable than planet earth, that we could just keep dreaming, and they would find our bodies as you say.

Actually i think the sleeping dream state, is also "earth" but without a body that is limited to death, is held back by gravity etc.
I think you'd know that you had crossed over, once you realized that you could fly.

Recently I also had a dream, that I had left my body, and that it was elsewhere having a heart attack.

In another dream, I met someone, and I knew them, I said: "I am dead, aren't I?" they looked at me, and simply nodded.

A final example, is that I was starving myself, and hiking in the mountains about a week ago, to try and simulate a death - dream experience.
Sure enough, I met this lucid figure who was bathed in these surrealist like shaddows; I gasped when I saw him, and said: "you are me aren't you? you are my higher consciousness." His reply: "you could say that."
He wore a black magician's hat, and began to show me something with some leaves on the tree nearby, but I frightened as he reached for them. I thought he had a gun.
Then i realized my foolishness, that we was not going to harm, rather he was a friend, but the fear caused me to wake up.

I believe that fear is what keeps us "awake" actually I think we are more asleep so long as we are on earth,
once the fear is gone, death comes to us gently and easily.

Are you interested in creating this?

I am.

Let me know if you want a partner.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've died in dreams and the dream ended.

ONE DREAM THOUGH:

I died, went to report the accident to three eeerm, persons because there was another one dead and a child alive in the vehicle. I walked right THROUGH the three eeerm, persons! They didn't see me, nor hear me, nor smell me, nor feel even so much as a breeze.

But, as for actually dieing in your sleep and passing over into the dreamworld permanently ... I'd have to say impossible.

Dreams are electrical in nature. The dreamstate can be picked up in sleep labs and EEG. Once the power cord is completely cut, there's no movie player. Without the movie player, the dreams fizzles out like an old style film that breaks mid-movie and then the normal course of events (whatever those may be) of death will take place.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Anythings "possible",If i died while dreaming,meaning if i fall asleep and start dreaming of some other world with me in it and everyone whos there knows me and i know them,then i have a heart attack while still dreaming that dream and i actually die,my family will find my dead body laying on the bed,but my soul will not be there any more,it will have entered within the alternate reality that i was dreaming about when i died and that reality would suddenly become very,very real...

It is possible that this happens all the time,we might die everytime we fall asleep,then when we wake up,we are unknowingly awakening within another reality where everythings almost exactly the same and we notice the slight changes and slight differences when we experience esp,de-ja-vu,time slips,clairvoyancy,poltergeist activity and ghostly visitations...
edit on 3-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by goldlemon12

Are you suggesting that you and the OP should both commit suicide?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes it's possible and it's able to be proved as well, it is simply the multi-verse. I could expand but I cannot be bothered throwing pearls before swine any more.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

What i'm doing right now,is a dream that i am dreaming about within some other reality while asleep there and when i awaken there,i die here and this happens over and over again everytime i fall asleep,again and again, forever?

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join