If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i'll start by saying that when ever i try to explain this strange theory of mine to people,they almost always think that i mean, "if you died in a dream" or "can you die in a dream"...this is not what i'm talking about at all and its a little hard to explain,but i'll try...you go to bed and fall asleep,then you start to dream. now if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about? meaning your soul actually enters into this "alternate reality". the people there would know you and you would know them and the places there would be familiar to you. this would just become "another life" for you,a new world. meanwhile in the morning,your family would find your lifeless body,now without a soul,laying in your bed and they would bury you,never knowing that your soul has traveled "beyond the realms of death" and is still alive,now living in another world,the world you were dreaming about when you died and in "this other world" when you fall asleep and dream,you are dreaming of the world you left behind. this could happen to us over and over again...forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nobody can answer that question, though it seems highly unlikely to me. 1. I don't think we have souls, and 2. I don't think you travel anywhere when you dream.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How could anyone possibly answer such a question ???????
And that's even assuming that there is such a thing as life after death ... which I definitely do NOT believe to be the case.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Nope, I have dreamed I died and always just start another dream just alive as I was before. And wake up just fine. If I am understanding you right

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Excellent question. It would be amazing if the answer is "yes" but what I've been programmed
to believe will cause me to disagree.

Now if my beliefs are false and void, then this would be a wonderful transition.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
How could anyone possibly answer such a question ???????
And that's even assuming that there is such a thing as life after death ... which I definitely do NOT believe to be the case.
i'm not expecting a solid yes or no answer.its meant to inspire deep thought and for us to wonder about the possibilities...this is something that might happen to us all. we might be here now because we died somewhere else...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe, but if NDEs tell us anything, at the instant of death you would probably be plucked from your dream like a ripened fruit and be squarely facing "the light". And then you will see either the pearly gates, the skull-lined, spiked death gates of hell, or 72 virgins....Your choice.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by blocula

Nope, I have dreamed I died and always just start another dream just alive as I was before. And wake up just fine. If I am understanding you right

Noooo....he/she is saying, if you die...actually die...while sleeping....you start a new life, the life that you were dreaming of.

You go to bed...fall asleep...start dreaming....you have a heart attack in this world...you then continue to live out your dream life.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by blocula

no,this ^^^ isnt what i said. i mean you "really die" while you were dreaming.like have a heart attack in your sleep,but you were dreaming when you died and you then enter into that dream and it becomes your new life

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I doubt it OP, dreams are nothing more then hallucinations being produced by the pineal gland. I will have to agree with the others, there is almost no way to answer this question without experiencing it. Interesting concept though. I have done allot of research and spent allot of time looking into astral research and reading books on the astral realm, Imo when you die you go to the astral plains. It would not matter if you died while dreaming as you would simply transition to the astral.
edit on 26-8-2011 by TheSadMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror
Excellent question. It would be amazing if the answer is "yes" but what I've been programmed
to believe will cause me to disagree.

Now if my beliefs are false and void, then this would be a wonderful transition.
yes and all those dreams we have of other lives and the people in them "know you",if you died,you would stay there with them and this would become your new world.and you would be buried in the world you "were in" when you died.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Got it! I have to agree with everyone else. Though interesting and something fun to think about, that is an unanswerable question. My guess is you would either go to where your religious belief says you will go or IMO just be dead and well, you just cant dream if your dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSadMan
I doubt it OP, dreams are nothing more then hallucinations being produced by the pineal gland. I will have to agree with the others, there is almost no way to answer this question without experiencing it. Interesting concept though. I have done allot of research and spent allot of time looking into astral research and reading books on the astral realm, Imo when you die you go to the astral plains. It would not matter if you died while dreaming as you would simply transition to the astral.
edit on 26-8-2011 by TheSadMan because: (no reason given)
how do people in your dreams "know you"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

nice question.

i think it doesn't matter what you are dreaming about if you pass in your sleep.

i think you will get the NDE like everyone else and not come back, obviously.

like, when in a hard dream and the alarm goes off.

i've yet to experience that so take it on faith, what i said.

family will hope you are in heaven, they will have fond memories.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

72 virgins would be stupid, I want 72 sluts that know what they are doing

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

i know, sounds like more work than it's worth.

heck, i'd rather be the virgin!

i'm screwed, right mods?
edit on 26-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

eta; friendly smiley
edit on 26-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Who knows eh, until we each experience it we cant say....and im not willing to give it a try haha.

Theres so many possibilities to what happens after death. As someone who doesnt follow religion im sure there is no such thing as heaven and hell...thats just a story in a book.

I dont know what to believe, but i am somewhat doubtful that when we die we just cease to exist. Maybe we have created this universe we are living in, and you and everyone else is purely a figment of my imagination. When we die we go on to create another universe and make things better or worse depending on what we are like....not necessarily in this life.

Or...we wake up from a deep sleep and realize this was just a simulation to pass time whilst we travel the universe.

I dunno lol.....if i knew what happened after death, if it were better than this i doubt id bother living out this life lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't know about all y'all (that's plural for y'all), but whenever I dream of my death, I usually wake up just before I take my last breath, so I never really die.
Maybe it's a defense mechanism but I always save myself just in time and live to see another day.

..or maybe that was really me passing away in an alternative universe?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
once i dreamed that i entered an old victorian mansion. i could feel the old wood and i could smell the night air. i was dressed in 19th century clothes and i know this because when i entered this house there was a mirror in front of me. then i walked up a narrow stairway and came upon a door that i opened and inside was a bedroom with two women inside, dressed in 19th century nightgowns..."they knew who i was!, knew my name! and asked me what had taken me so long to return home! ...something tells me that if i had died "in my sleep" that i would have stayed in that world in that particular situation and it would have become my life,my new reality

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

i've shot myself in the head with a .22 and lived, in my dream.

very odd dream, btw. not my usual whacked out stuff.

bleeding everywhere too.

weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join