It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet found made of diamond!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
how long do you think it will be until some sort of rapper will mention this planet of bling in one of their songs?

A long, long, long long long long time.

Never.

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Everyone who wanted to know what ELENIN was (physically anyway) at the core, now you know: High carbon Iron alloy with a hard diamond shell. My two cents worth.

What makes you think that? Where do you draw that correlation?

Originally posted by Onboard2
Earth is a carbon planet. Does that make earth a diamond planet too? We have loads of crystals!

Good point. I think people take these stories as fact instead of what they truly are, theory. I could only wish to be alive in a hundred years, with the knowledge I have even now.... oh, just think of how many things we now call facts about science and medicine that will be laughed at heartily by scientists in just a few short years...

Just think of all the discoveries to be made...

I wish I could live forever, the world and the universe is an endlessly fascinating place. I'm a big fan.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Why waste time going that far away? It rains diamonds on Neptune and Uranus. Just imagine there should be moutains of diamonds just waiting to be picked up. Neptune and Uranus

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Why would NASA restart shuttle missions? That planet is 1,000 Light Years from Earth it would take millions of years to travel that distance in NASA's Shuttle. Also since that planet orbits extremely close to a Neutron Star its under immense heat that would melt anything made with our current technology long before it could reach the planet and if by some very slim chance something could withstand the heat it could not withstand the gravity generated by an extremely dense planet, the more mass a planet has the more gravity it creates. Space is truley incredible with just how HUGE it really is and with all the Trillions of planets in our own Milky Way Galaxy and the Billions of other Galaxies that we can detect in our visible range our planet Earth is just a speck of sand on a endless beach.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just told my girlfriend about this.

She said she wants THAT on her wedding ring

[She really doesnt, she hates diamonds.]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I would have never expected there to be a planet made of diamond.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If we did go there, and mine the diamond planet, wouldn't that mean it wouldn't be all that valuable anymore?
Also don't bloody bring those scumbags DeBeers there, What a bunch of AHATS that already are hoarding that s^^&$%^ and to keep it artificially overpriced as it is.
edit on 25-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
from what i have learned if a star super novas and was massive enough it could crush its core down to make a diamond planet. i remember something about as soon as a star creates iron in its core it explodes almost immediatly because the iron builds so rapidly and the gravity from the core is greater than the force pushing out.

or maybe i got one of the layers off cuz now im thinking the core is iron hmmm ill have to look this up again.
edit on 25-8-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Perhaps this planet has been known since very ancient times. Perhaps this is the Jasper (diamond) Throne of God that is mentioned in ancient writings.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Yep. One would expect that in the carbon heavy areas of the universe such things would exist.

Just in case you didn't know, we are in the silicon zone of the galaxy. Yea, the galaxy is evenly distributed.

Ironic, the carbon heavy zone has planets made of oil and methane. Next war? lolololol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
edit
edit on 25-8-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Diamonds are forever, and so are the payments!
... that means it would also take forever to get there.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
It's only 4000 light years away. Now if we can somehow go faster than the speed of light, we can get there in less than 4000 light years...

I don't mean to nitpick but a light year is a measure of distance, not time. Its just I see that misconception a lot.

edit on 26-8-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Everyone who wanted to know what ELENIN was (physically anyway) at the core, now you know: High carbon Iron alloy with a hard diamond shell. My two cents worth.

OK.. I'll bite!

Explain to us members how exactly you came to this conclusion. Give us the science behind your claim!

IRM

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Imagine Earth colliding with a diamond planet! Yikes.

I guess aliens are not too interested in diamonds...

Ever seen a diamond under UV light? It glows. I wonder if this planet gets hit with UV light?

Some new-ager could really harness some mad power with this crystal!

So about the whole rarity of diamonds thing. Yeah the diamond industry is corrupt. However, there IS truth behind the scarcity of diamonds.... when it comes to red and green diamonds!

According to experts, red diamonds are exceptionally rare; there are less than 20 certified specimens of “natural” red diamonds in the whole world.

Moreover, the natural green diamonds are also rare that most jewelers have never seen one. These types are caused by their exposure to atomic radiation for over millions of years.

www.conflictfreediamonds.info...

What if this diamond planet was a green... Krypton indeed

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It makes me laugh that there is people out there who say that a hostile alien invasion force would be here for our resources.

What made me laugh was in the movie Signs when you find out water was like sulfuric acid to the aliens. Why would they even want to land on a planet covered in clouds and oceans?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The planet is 4000 light years away, and judging by the current technology we have, it'll take a couple of hundred thousands years to get there!

Even if we achieve light speed we'll still get there in what, 4000 years!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
LOL!!
Cant believe most people here can only see the profit side of it!!

Even if by some very rare chance in the future we were able to get to a planet made of solid diamond, and then harvest it, they would be completeley worthless!!

The reason diamonds are expensive is because they are rare (on earth anyway), so if we had millions of tons of them knocking around they would be about as rare as stone and worth about the same

It would be pretty cool to have a house made of diamonds though, but only up until the time that everybody had one.
It is kind of like countries that have just printed loads of extra money when times get hard, doesnt really work out that well

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
The reason diamonds are expensive is because they are rare (on earth anyway)

There has already been some talk about that in this thread.

Diamonds are not that rare on Earth.... certain colored diamonds are.

Also we can create diamonds in the lab.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

Originally posted by 2012king
The reason diamonds are expensive is because they are rare (on earth anyway)

There has already been some talk about that in this thread.

Diamonds are not that rare on Earth.... certain colored diamonds are.

Also we can create diamonds in the lab.

That is right. AFAIK, the first guys that have found it kept getting more and more and then lied and said diamonds are rare, you most pay more becuase they are. In the late 90s, they were out of the business for fraud.

That is also right. Not sure about how fast they can do it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by requires1231
reply to post by EvanB

It makes me laugh that there is people out there who say that a hostile alien invasion force would be here for our resources.

What made me laugh was in the movie Signs when you find out water was like sulfuric acid to the aliens. Why would they even want to land on a planet covered in clouds and oceans?

I thought that myself, you would also think that they would have a superduper umbarella discombobulator for that!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join