It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet found made of diamond!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

yea right. next you'll be trying to claim a star can shoot water.

we know everything there is too know about the universe. didnt you get the memo?
where is the debunker clique when ya need them?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: topics

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by Celestica

yea right. next you'll be trying to claim a star can shoot water.

we know everything there is too know about the universe. didnt you get the memo?
where is the debunker clique when ya need them?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: topics

Well in an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities, meaning almost every imaginable scenarios probably exists somewhere.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Fascinating - Great catch OP!

I find it especially intriguing that within a couple weeks of each other, we hear about the discovery of "diamond-like" planet - and one that is blacker, and less reflective than "black acrylic paint." Quite a contrast!! And to think that when I was a kid, it was considered nonsense to state that there were planets in other parts of the universe. It always makes me laugh when people think our current scientific understanding is the ultimate authority.

The 'blacker than black planet' you mention reminds me of the white and black moon Iapetus.

Wonder if the black has a common origin between the two.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by requires1231
reply to post by EvanB

It makes me laugh that there is people out there who say that a hostile alien invasion force would be here for our resources.

What made me laugh was in the movie Signs when you find out water was like sulfuric acid to the aliens. Why would they even want to land on a planet covered in clouds and oceans?

What's even funnier is when people reckon ET would come here to extract our resources, when there is probably more gold, platinum, iridium, all precious metals in fact, together with more water in the asteroid belts than there is on the entire Earth.

Unless they're building a solar system sized Dyson sphere, then they'd probably use everything in our system to build it...but we'd see the asteroid belts go first if that were the case i'd imagine.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Woohoo now we can go and rape that planet of its resources too

>:|

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Think about what you're buying into........
The same people who not only claim they can tell you something is 400 billion light years away (do the research..... how do they figure this out? shockingly dumb)
The same people who tell you they can say a star is moving away (color of light? really? what if it's made of something different and burns a different color? duh?)
The same people who say the speed of light is constant (just on the surface they also say gravity effects light, so umm, no, it can't be constant)
These same people just told us that they found a planet sized diamond flipping around a dead start to far away for anyone to ever call them a liar.

I'm going to stick with "yea, ok, and hobbits run to mordor, doesn't matter I'm going to bed, ty for taking my tax dollars"

Science fiction is great..... but only when I have a chance to deside to pay 10 bucks to buy a ticket. Does it matter if they are right or wrong? fact is anyone with a job just paid way too much for them to say this, and chances are they are horribly wrong.... either way it's pissed away money

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Count me in on the mining tour

Diamonds are my favorite rock.

A whole friggin planet, one big diamond! - WOW

My son showed me this article earlier and I was going to post it but you beat me to it. It's just 4,000 light years away so let's get a real space program going!

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Description of video:

Using the giant Parkes Radio Telescope in New South Wales, Australia, astrophysicists have found an incredibly dense planet comprised of crystalized carbon -- the stuff of diamonds -- in orbit about a pulsar.

Wonder what color, clarity and well I guess the cut thus far is round
(The 3 C's)
edit on 29-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dAce24

Only if the Klingons or Reptilians haven't beat us to the punch yet!

edit on 29-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A diamond planet would be almost impossible to explore and hardly worth the effort. If the surface is a solid diamond, there's no way to dig nor even to chip off bits of surface. It may not even be possible to plant a flag pole. The space lander and any astronaut shelter won't be able to make a dent and could skitter across the surface like a chihuahua on linoleum.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
A diamond planet would be almost impossible to explore and hardly worth the effort. If the surface is a solid diamond, there's no way to dig nor even to chip off bits of surface. It may not even be possible to plant a flag pole. The space lander and any astronaut shelter won't be able to make a dent and could skitter across the surface like a chihuahua on linoleum.

What?

How do you think we shape diamonds? Ever hear of diamond chips? Diamonds are not unbreakable, they are just the hardest mineral. A hammer or pick on this planets surface would work just fine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join