It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ask yourself this question: Who helped the Egyptians build the pyramids? there is the answer openly given.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SuperTripps

Well there is no doubt he had something going. Some will post old pictures and say he used homemade cranes and lifts etc. Which true but, the ones in the photos would not haul or lift the largest ones he did. Nor can they explain how one small fragile old guy could do some of the balancing acts he pulled off with certain creations of his.

The whole place is amazing IMO.

yes, he says he knew about leverage and the secrets of the pyramids

maybe we should all get together and try building what this coral castle guy at least

he did it ALONE and at nite! lol

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StandingTall
Ask yourself this question: Who helped the Egyptians build the pyramids? there is the answer openly given.

Well here is a good one for starters.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StandingTall

I have an ALL the evidence points to the people of Misr.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Didn't know that thread existed. What a top thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

If you want to build a tall structure you have two options, mounds or a pyramid structure. Egyptian pyramids were very different from Meso-American and Mesopotamian pyramids the former were tombs and the lateral temples which you could go up with some also being used as burial sites

I'm always hearing and reading that the pyramid structures at Giza have no evidence of ever having been tombs. You seem to know what you're talking about, can you refer me to some sources that cite evidence to the contrary? I would appreciate it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Theory of ET is very interesting. Here's what I think.
Advancement in genetics disqualifies Theory of Evolution.

It can also be argued that once a certain level of adaptation(survival of the fittest) has been reached, the ability of a species to manipulate it's own genetics becomes the next step in that progression. Which puts advancements in genetics directly into the theory of evolution, rather than disqualifying it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Comment: All religions past and present speak of their god(s) as if they were real - do you expect them to act like they were dead? Also remember that the Greeks saw their gods as being with human like foibles and actions, who interacted with humanity on a regular basis.

Yeah but you have to admit that the level of direct interaction(physical, including rape / sex etc.) between the Greeks and their gods is unprecedented. Most religions record interactions with their gods as being much more of a sacred thing happening infrequently, only with certain prophets or elite, only on certain days, etc. The Greek gods read more like kings or emperors who can do magic than "gods" in the sense of most other religions.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

And these rocks were moved over long distances. There is ony one alternative, that when they were moved, they weren't so heavy. There is no other alternative ... and clues such as magnetic anomalies, should have tipped anyone off.
Magnetic anomalies do not make things lighter. And anyway, the sites where megalithic structures stand may often exhibit magnetic anomalies, but the stones placed there were often brought from far away, i.e. out of the anomaly.

Your focus on "racistic crap" makes me think you pay too much attention to race, which would make you a racist. Relax.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Comment: All religions past and present speak of their god(s) as if they were real - do you expect them to act like they were dead? Also remember that the Greeks saw their gods as being with human like foibles and actions, who interacted with humanity on a regular basis.

Yeah but you have to admit that the level of direct interaction(physical, including rape / sex etc.) between the Greeks and their gods is unprecedented. Most religions record interactions with their gods as being much more of a sacred thing happening infrequently, only with certain prophets or elite, only on certain days, etc. The Greek gods read more like kings or emperors who can do magic than "gods" in the sense of most other religions.

That is later development but also a point of eastern consideration, as noted below

Also remember that the Greeks saw their gods as being with human like foibles and actions, who interacted with humanity on a regular basis.

That pretty much sums it up. My area of expertise is not in comparative ancient religion. You might get a more detailed response from a religion forum dedicated to those old religions. The Greeks appeared to have liked 'spicy' myths.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
elaine morgan's theory was not the point of my post... my post starts with the words "about non-scientists submitting theories to the scientific community"...

...how she was dismissed by mainstream academia is relevant to any thread exploring possibilities - because - the theories that mainstream academia call scientific are largely speculation promoted as fact... if someone not in their clique dares to do the same, they're demonized... that is not science... that is politics...

< br />

edit on 9/20/2011 by Tsurugi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm interested in the granite balls that have been found in Egypt, they appear to be about the size of a grapefruit.

So much so that I got out my old jar of marbles and did a few experiments.

I put about 30 under a 45 pound steel plate from my free weights and it took very little effort to move it around.

I did it with bricks and masonry block with the same results.

I'm waiting for them to dig that site deep enough and I bet they find thousands of those balls.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Simian
reply to post by fakedirt

Interesting to know. Seems like this could be a rare time when Occam's Razor is wrong. :lol

Or maybe it's not? If evidence shows that megalithic structures spread over a wide expanse of time and distance all conform to the same precise measurements, using Occam's Razor would leave you with the idea of an agreed-upon precise standard of measure, which corresponded to an "average" arm's length, as the simplest explanation.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, I just finished reading all of that.

Slayer, I'm going to flag you for sexual assault cause I just got mind raped.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
The Greek gods read more like kings or emperors who can do magic than "gods" in the sense of most other religions.

That is later development but also a point of eastern consideration, as noted below

Also remember that the Greeks saw their gods as being with human like foibles and actions, who interacted with humanity on a regular basis.

Right, I guess that's my point. We're talking about an advanced people with large cities, architecture, scholars and philosophers, engineers, working plumbing, etc...not nomads running around in deserts or forests and telling stories over the campfire about meeting a giant snake god on a solo hunting trip. I just have issues being able to believe they all pretended that there were a bunch of gods running around beating people up and raping shepherd boys and challenging kings to duels, and basically being very visible all the time, and that this was happening on a contemporary basis, not just in their distant past.

That doesn't mean I am positive the Greek pantheon were actually real beings. It just means that I don't automatically think they weren't.

My area of expertise is not in comparative ancient religion. You might get a more detailed response from a religion forum dedicated to those old religions. The Greeks appeared to have liked 'spicy' myths.

My "area of expertise" is not in anything being discussed anywhere in this thread, including the OP, and I doubt many others involved have diplomas anywhere near this stuff either.

You are probably right about the religion forum idea, at least in the "detailed response". If I could ask an ancient Greek, he'd probably say, "Hell yeah they're real, Mars raped one of my daughters last week!" And if I laugh, Zeus would show up and taze me, then seduce my sister, who would immediately give birth to a baby girl through her forehead. My new niece would mature in two weeks and then seduce me.

Spicy, indeed.
edit on 9/20/2011 by Tsurugi because: BBCode

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Many people seemed to have believed in the classical religions - as today people still do they probably reported such mythical events as real, people reported seeing gods, unexplained natural events were blamed on them, priests made such comments as to ensure a steady flow of tribute to the gods, etc. Those gods were probably as believable to many as some people find, UFO, bigfoot, angels etc

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Well I don't want to get sidetracked into arguing about the existence of UFOs etc., so for now I'll set that matter aside and just say that most people don't believe in Bigfoot or UFOs, and even those that do believe in them do not worship them, or form entire cultures and codes of law around them, or start wars over them, or any of the other things that religions tend to make people do, either good or bad.

And it seems like you're implying--correct me if I'm wrong--that all religions are collections of urban legends. Is that right? Because I think it's quite a bit more than that, even from the standpoint that the "supernatural" parts are complete falsehoods.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Wow, I just finished reading all of that.

Slayer, I'm going to flag you for sexual assault cause I just got mind raped.

I'll take that as a compliment.
Checks out the neighborhood for other readers

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't post here often, but I'm on here reading nearly every day. Just wanted to thank you for the steady stream of five-star threads, Slayer. You've helped me through MANY sleepless nights friend.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
To slayer69 i feel obligated as a person who is very interested in pre-recorded history to applaud your highly scientific and un-biased approach to such a subject. i also would like to ask a question, could this intermediate hybrid society been the supposed Atlantians, and therefore have been the dominant species before the stories of great floods spread out through most cultures around the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join