It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

That's actually a pretty broad definition IMO.
Care to elaborate further?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You never cease to amaze me with the information you put forth, kudos! I do believe in a previous global civilization before us. To be specific in my belief they came from Mars or Venus in a previous form of the planet which was found to be on the verge of the collapse. They naturally came here to live among the various primitive life forms and civilized us for whatever reason (a bad one imo) and we worshiped them but soon rebelled agaisn't their evil, which we determined later was a mistake and them being intelligent as they were realize this as well and said well earthlings so be it! We will leave you to your misery and go to Orion, when your older you will understand and seek us out. With that they destroyed much of the world in retaliation for our ways and left their markings of where to find them. And so began their long journey to a new place of their own in a stable environment perhaps with a species much more similar to them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

I appreciate the feedback and thread bump.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Some serious food for thought! I love it!
Thank you for putting this all together! Wow!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

An excellent and well constructed post, which we can provide some answers

First, on our staff we have the last descendant of the Ya-Yoi who are related genetically to the Jomon in your article

He brought to this project a wealth of knowledge and information collected by 2000 generations of his family

The evidence of this is present in his DNA, and the distance between his and the Max Planck sample from the Denisova excavation places him as its nearest relative

Skeletal and cranial factors apply (which you also reference in your excellent article) that places him in a different classification from neanderthal and homo sapien

The final answer he will provide and is part of the projects research is the answer as to who built the megaliths, which is written in the history of the Hebrews where there land was destroyed and their tongues were confused, and as a result they were scattered around the world

The land that was destroyed in this epic story is what is known as Atlantis, and ruled by a king of the giants called nephilim Nimrod

You can see our sample here Atlantis is AntarcticaAtlantis is Antarctica

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by RA777

Debunking David Hatcher-Childress' new book on ancient megaliths in South America -- I have a response from a professor in archaeology, Dennis Ogburn, who specializes in South American archaeology in Peru and Ecuador:

The stones were shaped by hand, primarily using harder rounded stones (often quartz river cobbles), and I've seen a number of these in the stone quarries. They also used some bronze tools to extract blocks, but the shaping involving battering the blocks with the hammerstones. Moving the largest stones involved dragging them with ropes, and often required a thousand men or more. They only moved the largest stones over short distances of a few kilometers. The stones they moved up to Ecuador were still quite large, but only up to about 700 kg/1,500 lbs - these I suspect were carried on something made from wooden poles, like a litter. Archaeologists and other researchers have done quite a bit of work on these questions, and there is plenty of historical and archaeological evidence to show that the Incas were quite capable of doing these things using very basic technology in combination with the labor of many thousands of their subjects.

OK, debunking DHC is child's play, as his "research" is a step further than wishful thinkin, that is if anything more than wishful thinkin at all.
This said, im sorry but i cant be brought to believe they carried those massive boulders over ruff terrain/jungle/mountains etc...then attacked them with soft metal tools and yet achieved such level of precision. It simply doesnt make any sense. besides, coordinating thousands of men to pull a multi-ton rock, and how many giant rocks are there is Sacsayhuaman? How many expedition would have required them to get them all there? How many forest needed to be cut for a 1000s men workforce to pass? What did they eat?
And once again, soft metal tools wont give this sort of result:

Protzen theory is that to achieve these perfectly fitting stones they bashedat them with (if i remember right) quartzite stone hammers first by making a ruff shape, then test fit them, take them off again, and keep at it till the fit is snug. I suppose we all realize that those massive boulders at Sacsyhuaman would be quite hard to move about to make all these adjustments, and that the walls pictured below are of a precision no stone hammer can ever produce.

See the tiny darker area? Its actually a 20cent size rock, it is dark cause evrybody touches it. It keeps its size the whole width of the wall. Hard to believe soft metal tools and rock hammers made it.

Same goes for these supposed quarry sites.

Unfortunatley i cant provide any proof to support ANY alternative theory, but here is proof of how we move a giant rock today:
en.wikipedia.org...
If you want there are videos on the tube of Levitated Mass slowly travelin from its quarry to its destination. Quite impressive if you ask me.
edit on 1-8-2013 by bon3z because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Personal incredulity is nice but it doesn't defeat the fact that during the Spanish conquest the Inca's continued to build and afterwards they did so for the Spanish and how they did so was commented on by both Spanish and and Spanish-Incan commentors. Look at the works of Garcilaso de la Vega the son of Spanish conquistador and Inca Princess. He made a famous comment about moving rocks.

The Incas used simple, labor-intensive technology to help carve and move the stones harvested from nearby rockfalls. Many weighed more than 100 metric tons. Stonemasons shaped the blocks using a simple, effective method called flaking and a neolithic tool called a hammer stone. Made of granite, quartzite, or olivine basalt, hammer stones have a hardness of at least 5.5 on the Mohs scale, about the same hardness as the larger stones. Striking at a 15- to 20-degree angle, stonemasons could chip off pieces of the rock; alterations in the angle and force of the blow determined the size of the chips. Twenty quarry workers took about two weeks to dress four sides of one stone measuring 4.5 by 3.2 by 1.7 meters (14.8 by 10.5 by 5.6 feet).

Lots of cultures, Egyptian, Sumerian, Rapa Nui and others used the rock bashing method - its works but it's slow and requires a high degree of craftsmanship - something the Inca in this case learned from those they conquered and actually just used those experts to build.

I did some bashing rock on rocks both in Rapa Nui and Egypt, guess what - it works and if I spent twenty years practicing it I'd probably get pretty good and my son would be even better....
edit on 2/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

The Incas used simple, labor-intensive technology to help carve and move the stones harvested from nearby rockfalls. Many weighed more than 100 metric tons. Stonemasons shaped the blocks using a simple, effective method called flaking and a neolithic tool called a hammer stone. Made of granite, quartzite, or olivine basalt, hammer stones have a hardness of at least 5.5 on the Mohs scale, about the same hardness as the larger stones. Striking at a 15- to 20-degree angle, stonemasons could chip off pieces of the rock; alterations in the angle and force of the blow determined the size of the chips. Twenty quarry workers took about two weeks to dress four sides of one stone measuring 4.5 by 3.2 by 1.7 meters (14.8 by 10.5 by 5.6 feet).

I'd like to see a sketch of this one. Or have a description of what was it built for. Sure would be intresting.

But anyway. still hard to explain how they brought those enormous blocks up to the mountains and aligned them so precisely. And there still seems to be very inaccurarte repait jobs. Why if they had the capabilities to do do such amazing work would they half ass it that way?

What seems to be a recourring patterns thou, is the abandoned giant blocks all over the world. Im sure there some at Ollantaytambo althou i dont have referen ces handy, then the famous Balbek block, the 1200 ton obelisk in Egypt. Pretty much any ancient site where they built megaliths have so called abandoned enormous rocks. Im at work now but i'll get back to this later if i have time as i have my own speculatve thory about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bon3z

Really large cut and moved stones are actually rather rare but have celebrity status thy make up much less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the stone work actually done in the ancient world.

You mentioned the Baalbek stone and the large obelisk which were never moved, nor the 26,000 ton one in China - probably just to difficult or they ran out of resources to do so. There is a limit imposed by rope technology.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
You mentioned the Baalbek stone and the large obelisk which were never moved, nor the 26,000 ton one in China - probably just to difficult or they ran out of resources to do so. There is a limit imposed by rope technology.

The difficulty involved is more than enough reason to stop.

However, in the case of the Unfinished Obelisk, it's almost a certainty that work stopped on that stone when it cracked.

It could no longer serve the purpose after that.

Sometimes things are abandoned for very good reasons.

Harte

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yep, you can see where moai were left laying away from the quarry - who knows why? Bad omen, war, boredom.

I like to imagine the Roman engineer who saw the Baalbek stone, either before of after he'd move the three 800 tonners and said, hell no it took two years (SWAG) to move the other three the hell with it OR no way I'm going to move that thing cut me three smaller ones....

For those seriously interested in ancient rock here is a good link to information about quarries

A pdf with lots of images

The above is recommended not only for the information but many images of ancient quarries

Link
edit on 5/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

A favourite abandoned column

edit on 5/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
An excellent PDF file, Hans, and I saved it to my drive the last time you posted it.

I wonder how many people here ever actually read it?

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Three

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Some time ago I wrote an article for "Space of Love" magazine about dolmens of Russia - amazing and probably less known megalithic structures in the world. I would like to share it with you here, please enjoy:
www.spaceoflovemagazine.com...

edit on Sun Dec 1 2013 by Jbird because: fixed embed code

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VestnikRA

Thank you for the contribution. I enjoyed watching it. I wonder just how many other locations are still yet to be discovered in the vast Eurasian continent.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Again.

Ditto.
Get An Interview

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, despite my egocentric reluctance to do so
, I have to admit that I need look no further than the nearest mirror to see evidence of your theory of Cro-magnon 'hybridization'…

I have a distinctly 'flat' Homo-sapien face attached to a definitively 'pointy' (including the weird little bump!) Neanderthal' skull…

Regardless, in my younger days, I frequently received comments on how "pretty" I was…just sayin'…

P.S. This is the furthest I've gotten in your 'series'…looking forward to the rest…I agree with all those who've said you should put it all in a book, it's a shame not to get the info into a broader field (not to mention the potential for much deserved income from it all!).

edit on 1-12-2013 by lostgirl because: grammer improvement

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
*Thread update*

New type of ancient human discovered in Israel

The team members think the individual descended from an earlier species that may have spread out of the region hundreds of thousands of years ago and given rise to Neanderthals in Europe and their equivalents in Asia. The scientists have named the newly discovered lineage the "Nesher Ramla Homo type"

Scientists discover prehistoric girl in Indonesia, new type of ancient human

Scientists believe the girl had a local ancestry that had been present in Sulawesi from the arrival of modern humans up to 30,000 years earlier. The mysterious population may be responsible for ancient cave art in the area as well. They belonged to a group of hunter-gatherers called the Toalean, who killed prey with stone-tipped arrowheads known as Maros points.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think this thread was before my time, but I have to mention a fairly straightforward prediction you could make if Neanderthal were to breed with Sapien.

Sapiens has small eyes. Neanderthal has big eyes. Neanderthal would probably also have a larger visual cortex, to control and make use of those larger eyes. '

What happens if the offspring inherits the Neanderthal's bigger visual cortex, but ends up with the Sapiens smaller eyes?

One could predict that their visual cortex would have excess processing power. More than it needs. What do we call it when a person uses their visual cortex for something other than controlling their eyes? I think the word is "imagination".

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
I think this thread was before my time, but I have to mention a fairly straightforward prediction you could make if Neanderthal were to breed with Sapien.

Sapiens has small eyes. Neanderthal has big eyes. Neanderthal would probably also have a larger visual cortex, to control and make use of those larger eyes. '

What happens if the offspring inherits the Neanderthal's bigger visual cortex, but ends up with the Sapiens smaller eyes?

One could predict that their visual cortex would have excess processing power. More than it needs. What do we call it when a person uses their visual cortex for something other than controlling their eyes? I think the word is "imagination".

Perhaps or www.bbc.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join