It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I thought those of you who are more receptive to the thread premise might appreciate the following video.

Enjoy.

Join Researcher David Hatcher Childress and British Engineer Christopher Dunn as they journey to Cuzco in the Andes Mountains to examine evidence for the possible use of advanced rock-machining techniques. Going to ancient cities and megalithic quarries, they again examine saw marks, advanced lifting and moving techniques, as well as evidence of Pre-Incan megalith builders at Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo.

They continue on to Lake Titicaca where they investigate the strange megalithic towers...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nice thread, as usual Slayer.
I've not read it all, but I have two problems right now:

From what I've read. If a skeleton is found which appears to be more "Neanderthal-ish" then it is classified as either being an "Early or Late Neanderthal". However, if it is closer in appearance to Modern Humans then it is classified as either being an "Early or Late Homo Sapien" no further explanation is generally given. Before some jump in and ruin my bowl of Cheerios they'll first have to admit that the majority of the time no DNA is taken [If even available] to prove the Skeleton is actually closer to one group or the other Genetically speaking.

Given that H. Sapiens did not evolve from Neandertal, the above is misguided.

Neandertal is a classification that we made up. If it has the morphology of a Neandertal, then it is a Neandertal.

These are two different species of Homo. It's like saying an Emu might be misclassified as an Ostrich. I get that you're leading into the possibility of hybridization (which has already been proven, BTW,) but there's not gonna be any misidentification of a hybrid as a Neandertal or Human.

Secondly:

There was once a previously perceived third separate line known as Cro Magnon. Which is no longer considered a separate line but rather is now classified by many as simply being and early Homo Sapien. I think what Cro Magnon really was was a half breed/crossover hybrid between Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens.

Think what you want about the (former) Cro Magnons, but you would be wrong.

They are (were) just as H. Sapiens as we are. The only reason they used to be thought to be different is the cultural bias of Anthropologists of the time.

See, we all (except some native Africans) have Neandertal genes in us right now, and we're classified as Homo Sapiens already.

These aren't really "problems," I guess. More like clarifications, really.

Harte

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok if the Bible does have truth in it, could the Tower of Bable have anything to do with any of this? Think about it, all men working under the same tongue to reach God via a tower, God gets angry, and basically creates languages that causes everyone to get confused and go their separate ways....

Who knows if its a story, or if its truth, with the likelyhood that the Bible that most of us have come to know has likely been tainted by religious politics. I always wondered how any of this fit in. If we could date the time of David (the giant slayer) We would have a better idea of when the giants were around, since he killed one. It still wouldn't tell us when they all died off, but its a starting point, at minimum.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Wolfenz

As always awesome contribution to the discussion and I very much appreciate the links and photos.
Great info.

Thanks I was going to make a Thread about the SAMI People and North American Indians
About the Similarity's its practically Same Culture Different Race The More I Research the more I Believe
there is a Connection of Possible One Big Civilized Nomadic Culture Near the Northern Pole as they are like north American Indians The SAMI also have different tribes and different Languages & Occupation as where the location to where they live but the big 4 category's are Forest Sami, Mountain Sami, River Sami, and Eastern Sami.

Ironically Upper northern eastern Canada the Crees Indians are much like in a sense like the SAMI
as I am going to my location

Cree Tribes
en.wikipedia.org...

Sami people Demographics
en.wikipedia.org...

Now Here is a big Twist !!! that some people dont know ! About! Get Ready for a Shock!! and I Mean Shock!

The Big Question is Now Who Influenced Who! ?????

Viking House !! Longhouse ( See Source Below )
www.hurstwic.org...

American Indian Iroquois Mohawk longhouse ( See source Below ) click on thumbnail for a larger view
www.nysm.nysed.gov...

This One is inside the Viking Longhouse looking by the exit and if you look at the One Above
you will see the resemblance !

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/nfld1459.jpg

Longhouses of the indigenous peoples of North America
en.wikipedia.org...

Iroquois Village
www.nysm.nysed.gov...

as you may have notice I make alot of Typo's
but I hope i can get my Point Across ...

edit on 25-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by KeepYourAnonymity

There were Giants in those days...

Hey Slayer....great post man!!

I really like how you've connected the neanderthal physical traits into those found in the artifacts.

I found your "quote" above to be interesting because, "Giants", as you know comes from the word Nephilm which is transliterated "Distinguished ones". I find it a rather fitting term in light of what you have shown us here. The traits of these ancestors were quite "distinguished".

I can see that these traits did stay more or less with the aboriginal peoples of the lands until, considerable crossbreeding had occurred.

Thanks for your hard work.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Nice thread, as usual Slayer.
I've not read it all, but I have two problems right now:

From what I've read. If a skeleton is found which appears to be more "Neanderthal-ish" then it is classified as either being an "Early or Late Neanderthal". However, if it is closer in appearance to Modern Humans then it is classified as either being an "Early or Late Homo Sapien" no further explanation is generally given. Before some jump in and ruin my bowl of Cheerios they'll first have to admit that the majority of the time no DNA is taken [If even available] to prove the Skeleton is actually closer to one group or the other Genetically speaking.

Given that H. Sapiens did not evolve from Neandertal, the above is misguided.

Neandertal is a classification that we made up. If it has the morphology of a Neandertal, then it is a Neandertal.

Well I'm glad we agree on that.

Because I wasn't saying "H Sapien evolved from them" I was implying a possible crossbred period. Again not evolving. Which is why I find the following paragraph rather interesting. You state that it has already been "Proven BTW"

These are two different species of Homo. It's like saying an Emu might be misclassified as an Ostrich. I get that you're leading into the possibility of hybridization (which has already been proven, BTW,) but there's not gonna be any misidentification of a hybrid as a Neandertal or Human.

Again I'm sorry you're making the assumption that that's what I meant.

Think what you want about the (former) Cro Magnons, but you would be wrong.

They are (were) just as H. Sapiens as we are. The only reason they used to be thought to be different is the cultural bias of Anthropologists of the time.

Fair enough but wouldn't it also prove that the prevailing opinions for the time/period or location did in fact either misinterpret or as you've stated have a "Certain Bias" while presenting their version of events?

Doesn't this in some way still go on?

See, we all (except some native Africans) have Neandertal genes in us right now, and we're classified as Homo Sapiens already.

I don't see a problem with that fact.

These aren't really "problems," I guess. More like clarifications, really.

Harte

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yet another awesome thread by you, Kudos. While I do admit on reading between the lines and not the whole thing, I have already grasped the grand majority of the information by watching ancient aliens. While there is a chance you could be wrong, nothing really is certainty, the only thing we really truly know is, that history is not what we originally been taught.

Whats even more insulting is that those in power thinks we are stupid enough to not figure this out.

S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Awesome Thread!! Thanks Slayer.....I'm on my way out the door but I wanted to ask..Doesn't 1 of those Neanderthal Pics look a lot like Vin Diesel???

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I agree.
I've thought for a long time about this possible version of events. I doubt I have all the angles figured out. Actually far from it really. It makes for some rather interesting possibilities though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Based on what I have researched, before the flood the Anunnaki were the masters of megalithic building. They built the Pyramids in Giza among a host of other things.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
ahh never mind

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The video and other pix in Slayer's post made a deep impression on me. Firstly, I had never seen the progression from dolmen to something much more architectural before. I know the "classic" dolmen is three stones with a fourth perched on top. In the video, I could see the three base stones multiply, and then become slabs developing into walls. Then, round holes appear in the walls, later becoming doors. I noted well a photo of a large upright slab with a stone very much like a lintel on top of it. I know that post-and-lintel construction is well known, but here we see a new twist: slab-and-lintel. At Gobekli Tepe, we see "T" shaped columns, but a close inspection will notice an incised line between the vertical and the horizontal portions. I see it as a "new" support decorated to look like the older slab-and-lintel construction. There must have been a long line of development from dolmens with slab sides to slab-and-lintel constructions to make rooms and proper buildings, to "T" shaped supports. I use the word "supports" because "column" would be misleading. None of this seems at all related to "classic" architectural methods.

I was always puzzled by the gate in the video, the one I think is called the Lion Gate of Mycenae. I saw it in the video, the one with the solar eclipse over the GP, and I figured it out. What always bothered me about that gate was its apparent age, as shown by the megalithic stones, and then over the gate are more megalithic stones framing a triangular stone with carved lions and classic columns. Looking down at the structural columns of the gate itself, they are stout and megalithic, not classical. The carved stone is out of place, but if it were put there later, damn it, it is still nicely framed by megalithic stones. I realised that it must have been there all along, but was carved in antiquity.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject
Ok if the Bible does have truth in it, could the Tower of Bable have anything to do with any of this? Think about it, all men working under the same tongue to reach God via a tower, God gets angry, and basically creates languages that causes everyone to get confused and go their separate ways....

I used to think the Tower of Babel was all bunk. But, I made a critical discovery, perhaps I will compile it into a thread soon.

However I have discovered several words in our languages that all correspond throughout various cultures which breaks all the rules. For example, a word found in native American languages is also found in Latin, Chinese, Indian, African, etc. It has the same meaning and retains almost identical sounds.

Whenever I make the thread about it, I will bring forth my evidence but at the moment I want to keep it under the hood so no one steals it until I blow it open.

Think about it though, the only real explanation existing in our historical record that explains how totally distant cultures could be using the exact same terminology for the exact same meaning, even though they are separated by oceans prior to the age of exploration; is the Tower of Babel story.

Somehow we did actually all speak the ancient language globally, let's call it the "Atlantian" language. Something caused all of us to become 'stupified' and we all began to speak with different Accents, and this caused everyone to fail to understand each other. The accent appears to be how this mechanism worked and how it caused our languages to split.

Not only that, in my research of the Tower of Babel, I discovered a record found somewhere in China that dates from the same time period as the Tower and mentions it. This is totally unrelated to the Bible and was found in Asia so IMHO it is authentic and not planted by Christians, due to the circumstances. It also listed the height of the Tower in cubits, and there is like 3 different measurements named "cubit".

I got all of the different cubit calculations, and calculated the height of the tower based on this Asian document, and the lowest height was 3 times taller than the Burj Kalifa, that's based on the smallest cubit calculations available. The other calculations of course were much taller.

I know it seems really hard to swallow, and it was for me too, but once I create the thread and compile all of the evidence I am sure that many people will start thinking twice about our history and how complex or inexplicable it may really be.

There are so many huge surprises in store for mankind, I am exited and looking forward to the revelations of the future.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Howdy

Not only that, in my research of the Tower of Babel, I discovered a record found somewhere in China that dates from the same time period as the Tower and mentions it.

You sure about that? Care to show us this remarkable unknown record?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy

Not only that, in my research of the Tower of Babel, I discovered a record found somewhere in China that dates from the same time period as the Tower and mentions it.

You sure about that? Care to show us this remarkable unknown record?

I am looking for the Asian document as we speak.

To tide you over for now, here is a crumb.

The Book of Jubilees mentions the tower's height as being 5,433 cubits and 2 palms, or 2,484 m (8,149.606 ft), about three times of Burj Khalifa.

Book of Jubilees
Tower of Babel

I'll compile the rest of it and finally get around to making the thread about it this week sometime hopefully.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

^As above^

I'd also like to see such information.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I'll compile the rest of it and finally get around to making the thread about it this week sometime hopefully.

Send me an invite please.

I'd like to read it and would hate to miss it

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Also, check this stuff out before I forget about it.

Stories of the Tower of Babel found in various other cultures worldwide:

Central America: And as men were thereafter multiplying they constructed a very high and strong Zacualli, which means “a very high tower” in order to protect themselves when again the second world should be destroyed. At the crucial moment their languages were changed, and as they did not understand one another, they went into different parts of the world. (Reference: Don Fernando de Alvara Ixtlilxochitl, Obras Historicas Mexico, 1891, Vol. I, p. 12.)

Polynesia: “But the god in anger chased the builders away, broke down the building, and changed their language, so that they spoke divers tongues.” (Reference: R. W. Williamson, Religious and Cosmic Beliefs of Central Polynesia Cambridge, 1933, vol. I, p. 94.)

American Indian, Crow: "Then Little Coyote did something bad. He suggested to Old Man that he give the people different languages so they would misunderstand each other and use their weapons in wars... Old Man did what Little Coyote said, and the people had different languages and made war on each other." (Reference: Jane Garry and Carl Rubino, Facts About the World's Languages H.W. Wilson, 2001)

I mean seriously, how do people think humans coincidentally happened to build the same types of structures worldwide such as pyramids, etc?
How do you think humans coincidentally shared many odd beliefs, especially religious, worldwide?

There had to be an ancient connection between all of these seemingly distant peoples. All of the evidence points directly towards this conclusion.

I shall continue my re-research.

Edit to add : Professors from MIT and elsewhere test out if mud bricks can actually stand 10,000 ft tall without the pressure of the weight crushing it.

Their findings show that wood-fired mud bricks can be stacked as high as 10,000ft before the pressure causes it to collapse.

Hope the link to this PDF works correctly: Researchers test brick strength
edit on 25-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

The Book of Jubilees mentions the tower's height as being 5,433 cubits and 2 palms, or 2,484 m (8,149.606 ft), about three times of Burj Khalifa.

You may find it of interest that the Book of Jasher records that the Tower of Babel was so high, that just before it was abandoned, it took a full year to bring bricks from the ground to the top of the structure.

Further, I do suppose that you are familiar with the oral traditions of the Miao people of southern China? They did not forget Babel, either.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Howdy

To tide you over for now, here is a crumb.

Here is the full quote of that information above

And they began to build, and in the fourth week they made brick with fire, and the bricks served them for stone, and the clay with which they cemented them together was asphalt which comes out of the sea, and out of the fountains of water in the land of Shinar. And they built it: forty and three years were they building it; its breadth was 203 bricks, and the height [of a brick] was the third of one; its height amounted to 5433 cubits and 2 palms, and [the extent of one wall was] thirteen stades [and of the other thirty stades]. (Jubilees 10:20-21, Charles' 1913 translation)

The size of the cubit varied during those early periods but I've taken average of 45cm, the breath is only 203 bricks which would mean the base was very small for such an alleged tower. I would suspect the amount of the cubits have a numerological value and are not real. The strenght of fired brick is limited not sure such a tower could stand on it's own it would probably destroy itself with it own weight - which is why we don't build brick structures above a certain height unless they are steel reinforced

I mean seriously, how do people think humans coincidentally happened to build the same types of structures worldwide such as pyramids, etc?

If you want to build a tall structure you have two options, mounds or a pyramid structure. Egyptian pyramids were very different from Meso-American and Mesopotamian pyramids the former were tombs and the lateral temples which you could go up with some also being used as burial sites
edit on 25/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join