It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by voiceoreason

That's a very real possibility.
I can't read either. I snagged it off a Chinese website though

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great read thanks

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Nice mixture of academia, detective work and good, old-fashioned common sense (at least to me). I still get hung up when I think of the most basic reason a structure or dwelling is built: protection from the elements or predators. If so, what could have been so formidable weather-wise and/or a threat to safety or well-being to require such massive Megalithic structures? If the bulk of these structures were purely burial or worship sites, again, why so damn big? Thanks, Slayer for another great post and for making my head spin right before bed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
wow fantastic compilation of text and images.. I haven't read every word of it but very interesting piece! S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There isn't anything I can add that has not been said before, Where else can one go to view such incredible insight, fantastic thread and one that should be stickied IMHO.

Well done and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here at ATS. It is because of members like you that separate ATS from the other forums.

Bravo...encore!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You've done a n awesome job here slayer.

If it isn't too much to ask, I'd like to be able to repost this elsewhere (with links to the original, of course).

Can we have permission to repost this?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As ever another well thought out and riveting thread

Curiously do you think this could be the reason for the larger Stature Vikings and barbarians of northern europe? a little less diluted down version of the hybrid you talk about?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If Slayer was a girl i would marry her.

Can't wait your next topic! s+f

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Really nice thread, but, let's look a little more current. Let's not leave out the mystery of the builder of the Coral Castle in Lakeland, Florida. Ed Leedskalnin left an engineering mystery for us to ponder as he took the secret of his marvel to his grave. IMO Mr Leedskalnin found a way to suspend gravity. If one researches what was left for us to examine after 1951(!) it really raises some questions regarding his accomplishments. Debunkers are welcome. Facts appreciated, Ed's accomplishments fly beneath the radar. So do other theory's. Christopher Dunn's work, The Giza Powerplant, poses a really cool interpretation of what once was. More food for thought. Regards...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

A great thread as always !
Thank you .

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Nice, intriguing post Slayer! Well formatted, and given good arguments for all your cases. I find it very possible, that your hypothesis is at least to an extent, correct. Just imagine what type of evidence we would have of this if archeologists took this viewpoint to deciphering their findings rather than throw it in the four above mentioned piles (early homosapiens, etc.)

I'm gonna have to search more into cro magnons, as a result of your thread!

Whatever be the real case, your idea definitely has solid ground to stand on as one hypothesis.

S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thanks Slayer - truly thought provoking.

I remember watching a documentary a while back that suggested some of the morphological differences between modern man and Neanderthals were connected to climate (Neanderthals being more adapted to cold), and that they were 'selected out' by climate change (the end of the ice age) rather than intelligence.

I suspect that as we find more examples of early man and are able to expand our 'genetic map', we will find a much closer relationship between Neanderthals and Homo sapiens. In animal taxonomy morphological differences can be quite misleading and there is much reclassification being done as genetic testing shows relationships between species not obvious from superficial characteristics.

Anyway, you've inspired me to do a bit of research on a subject i don't know enough about!

cheers
edit on 25-8-2011 by aynock because: paragraphs

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
hi Slayer,

Thanks for that refinement of all of your previous work, the first dolmen in your photos was 10 minutes away from my house in the car. The Romans calledthe general location antiquearea, I have a strong intuition that it will reveal itself when man is more ready. This readiness is when we have cut through the misconceptions in our own minds about our past. Your work is definitely enabling this possibility to happen, its such a shame to have such a vague idea of earth history. gratitude for your shared work in removing the vales.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
W O W.
This is one of the most well thought out, amazing posts I have ever read since my time here on ATS.
So much of this never crossed my mind.... You should REALLY look into getting this researched. You could be onto something MASSIVE!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
first off: awsome thread slayer

this subject captivates my imagination like no other, what happened? where did these ancient civilizations go?

who were they... and who are we?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Kobe Bryant, I mean Slayer69 has done it again.

Now to the topic, this question has annoyed us for a long time now and i wonder if there are any answers hidden somewhere among other classified stuff in a top secret government facility somewhere.

Somebody must have found something, come on all these excavations around the world the past 100 years and we have no proof of at least how one of them was built and by whom??

My guess is that the truth is too complexed or too scary for people to digest... some of these places are not only huge but too intricate even with today´s technology and machinery Puma Punku being on of those palce, that sometime makes me reconsider the alien theory.. its just too f*****g perfect.

For the extra extra extra large structures, well... giants doesn't sound that far fetched, animals were giants in the passed... dinosaurs etc so why is it so hard to believe that maybe humans we 10x bigger and stronger as well and those "big dudes" got wiped out by whatever natural disaster killed the dinos.

Ice preserves things very well, something (some being) must have been found frozen under some glaciers somewhere in Antarctica and governments around the world are making sure that we never find out about it.

One thing is certain though, whoever started that culture of massive construction many thousand years ago had means to travel around the world and spread their knowledge and maybe even stationed a few leaders around the continents.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Awesome stuff Slayer what a well written well presented article. i highly suggest you find a camera crew and set off immediately and make a documentary on this and sell it to the history channel. Given the size of ATS im sure we can rally up the right support base to make this a possibility. I have seen people claim to be producers on here and im sure there are people who can work a camera and know how to edit.

Speak to the head gurus at ATS maybe they will fund it

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
- if only all the threads at ATS could be this interesting.

Nothing to add to the thread other than to say, great thread as usual Slayer

edit on 25-8-2011 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

As many of you already know I do not believe in a strictly linear progression of mankind's long climb up the ladder of development towards modern civilization

This is the general consenses of 90% of eveyone here on ATS that is not a government naysayer or a skeptics, that somehow keep getting got lost in the wrong part of town.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

A lot of effort has been put in to this post and I applaud the effort. Problem is the simplest thing is wrong so I gave to question everything else.

Neanderthal " is" homo sapien. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. You didn't get neandrethal followed by homo sapien because neanderthal is homo sapien.

"We are" homo sapien sapien. We followed neanderthal and we are called homo sapien sapien.

If this simple thing has been overlooked I wonder what other evidence which rebukes all that's been stated has also been over looked?

Homo sapien sapien being "us" came about around 40,000- 50,000 years ago long before the oldest megalith. So they were made by us.

Also it has been believed by alot in the field for a long time that neanderthal evloved into us.
edit on 25-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join