It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder and lightning doesn't sound and look as it should.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The last few years I noticed that some of the thunders that come after the lightning do not sound as I am familiar with.

Yesterday evening we had some heavy rainfall here in Nijmegen (The Netherlands). You could tell that thunder was in the air and when the first lightning-flash came it made the night as bright as day for a split second.

I do not recall ever to have experianced such a flash-light. Then came the thunder....it was as if there was a massive explosion in the air. ...really. It was akward...I am 47 years old and never did I hear such an out of the ordinairy thunder.

This thread is not about the chemtrail debate but it would confirm something is not as it should in the sky.

Any of you noticed strange thunders and lightning the last few years?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Thunder and lightning can have very different intensities and frequencies. Chances are you experienced a powerful lightning storm that also peaked close to your location.

I'm slightly jealous because I haven't been in the middle of a good storm for a long time!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hi. My Dad lives in Canada. Calgary to be exact.
He rang a few weeks back (I reside in the UK) and because we're both British the conversation sooned turned to the weather. He said that he was standing on his balcony having a smoke watching some lightning unfold but there wasn't any thunder. He then said that all of a sudden there was a huge bang of thunder so loud that it nearly knocked him off his feet.
Is this abnormal?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The type of lightning flashes and thunders that follow almost immediately that you described, well, I have experienced them for 58 years where I live. I don't know what to tell you about what you are just now experiencing the last couple of years.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I live in Portugal, ( Citie of Guimarães - near Porto -) and in the end of this weekend is noticed something diferent to. There where much more ligtnings at every time they stroke (e.i., normaly we could only see on ligthning branch, now we where able to see two or three in the sky and some where very closed and others very distant feeling most of the sky) They were unusual lightinings for sure. And sound was much more powerful than usual to. It was strange I have to admit.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Like ATS-member Kandinsky said....it depends on the distance and some other variables how a thunder should sound and look like.

But if your father is sure that according to the circumstances the thunder should have sounded different there was maybe one or two of these variables not as expected or how they should be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi! I agree...it seems much more intense over the last few years. Research some information on the Earth's frequency and Schumann Resonance. A great website to explain this is www.lunarplanner.com...

I am just now starting to read more about this because I am one that is electrically sensitive and have always been tense and hurt a lot before and after storms, because of health reasons. I notice my pain has gotten significantly worse recently, so I researched into it even more. Lightening can have a huge influence on the earths "frequency" or "charge" per se...notice the intense weather changes. It can also fluctuate according to many of the earths natural cycles.

Hope this helps! Like I said I am no expert but there are some great google sites that explain it even more!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I had the same storm in Belgium that you guys got.
It seemed fine to me.

For what ever reason I can't upload pics to ATS all of the sudden, soooo.........

Lightning pictures from storm Monday night.
Not sure what you expect it to look like but it works for me.
As it's been mentioned if the storm is on top of you it lights everything up, you can kind of see it in the pics.
edit on 24-8-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Lightning- No.

Thunder- Yes, but not until this year. I mentioned it during some of the more severe storms, a few months ago. Every time I mentioned it, and asked if it sounded different, I would simply get a response of, 'No, sounds the same as it always has.' That answer would be accompanied by those strange looks of ~'What are you on?' (That was mostly family members.)

Honestly, I believe they are probably correct. I had not heard anyone else mention that the thunder now sounds differently than it has in the past (until now). I had just attributed it to most likely being another effect, that comes after years of working around loud machines and listening to loud music. I have no doubts that I have lost some of my hearing. I am reminded of that every time when all should be quiet, but instead of silence, I hear that oh so pleasant ringing.

I am in the U.S., but a bit east of 'Tornado Alley.' I have often been close, and I have seen the after effects, and the devastation many times, but I have never actually seen or heard a Tornado. I have heard others' say that they sound like a freight train. This little detail, has actually caused me to get a bit freaked out, a few times this past spring. Since the thunder sounded differently to me, than it ever had in the past, there were several times I thought that I might have been hearing a tornado that is right outside, and not thunder.

In a way, it sucks to have never experienced being inside a tornado, because until I am, I will never know for sure, exactly what it sounds like.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

He did say it seemed strange but he's only lived there for a few years and obviously, the weather differs from place to place so maybe it's a case of a first time experience of thunder and lightning of that type? I don't know.
When I speak to my Dad again I will ask him to take note of any 'strange' thunder and lightning ect..
I'm going over there soon so i'll be able to see it first hand if anything occurs and video it. That is rule number one. Always try and record anything that you yourself aren't too sure about. There is always someone helpful here on ATS to lend their opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Zatara,

The only time I've experienced "Night turn to day", was when I saw a meteorite (probably a bolide), pass directly above me and land in the distance. It looked like literally daytime for about 5-10 seconds.

Are you sure it was lightning? Or was it possibly a meteorite during a lightning storm?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I live in aachen near the netherland border and know exactly what you mean OP.

In contrast to most people I really love rain, lightning, storm, etc. ...I feel totaly comfortable when it is raining and in general - the more worse a thunderstorm outside is the more comfortable I feel sitting inside xD

But the thunderstorm a few days ago ...I have never ever experienced such thunder and lightning and also didn´t quite feel comfortable at all xD It was so freaking loud that I almost fell out of my bed and NEVER got horrified of a thunderstorm before but this was just ...unnatural :p

edit on 24-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Funny you should ask. Yes, three nights ago my wife and I heard thunder here in Colorado (USA) like we've never heard before.

It was a deep, rich, throaty, sustained thunder that was not accompanied by any lightning in the storm clouds that we could detect. It was quite beautiful and went on for about an hour. I'd like to hear it again. I did not record the thunder as I was simply enjoying it and did not think to record it.

Other than that, the lightning and thunder has occurred as expected for the past 50 years or so, at least in our experience.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Actually, we had a thunderstorm here in SW Wisconsin about two weeks ago and I noticed that the thunder sounded really odd. Instead of a constant rumble it kept cutting out, as in pulses. I sat up and listened to it for quite a while but my feeble mind never thought to grab my digital voice recorder even though I thought it would be great to post it on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Can you run around outside with a golf club and tell us if it feels the same?

k Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The thunder and lightning storms we had here in the Netherlands the last days (and more to come Friday) are really strange. The thunder sounded exactly the way one of the members here said, deep and throaty.
And it kept on coming and going with long rolling - what's the word - rumbles.

Was the first time we saw a lightning ball (fireball?) Spooky.

I've lived in the Caribben, so I'm no stranger to thunder/lightning, but this sounded very unpleasant.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Oh yes I have noticed odd things about lightning. I saw some at the beginning of summer that moved faster than I have ever seen lightning move before and instead of the usual forking, it looked like pulsed light. Kind of like photon torpedoes in Star Trek. I described it to my father and he said it sounds like I witnessed ball lightning. What I found unusual about it, aside from the shape, speed and the fact it disappeared from my vision so fast, is that it came from clouds that did not look too threatening. I thought to myself I hope nobody got hit because those are not the kinds of clouds that people seek immediate cover from. I can't say the thunder sounded unusual, though. It was very loud, but thunder almost always seems that way to me.

I have also seen more cloud to cloud arcing than I can recall seeing before. When I went to pick my daughter up from school I saw for the first time in my life that odd ball lightning shoot from one cloud to another. It was the same day and same storm where I later saw the ball lightning shoot to the ground.

There was one other day I saw the ball lightning. Other than that, it's been regular forked lightning but I notice
again it seems more likely appear in conditions that we are used to dismissing as low level threat. So now I take cover anytime I see dark clouds even if I haven't heard or seen signs of lightning yet, and neighbors are still out lingering. I do think the lightning storms seem more "normal" to what I'm used to as summer has passed. Early summer was the peak of the unusual for me.

I have heard that "pulsed" thunder sound. I have heard it when there were no storms on radar. I do not believe that is thunder at all. The one in Colorado could have been precursor to the quake. I class that in with the mysterious rumble being heard and discussed elsewhere on this forum.
edit on 24-8-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Fixing iPad autofill induced typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Little Rock Arkansas USA checking in on this subject. A co-worker and I commented just the other day how this year the thunder has had a "deeper" sound to it. It is a noticeable difference.

Also, the lightning has been incredible the past few thunderstorms. Large, Thick bolts that light up the sky, some even going horizontal instead of vertical (maybe this is normal in other parts of the world).

Just my 2 pennies.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
yes i have noticed these storms here too the last couple of weeks.

the ones here coincide always with periods of geomagnetic storming, or unsettled emf.

so maybe thats the explanation

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Yeah,...I am sure because I did see the dischrge before the thunder. In my opening comment I wrote that the thunder was in the air, you could notice the built up. Not always, but most of the time you can hear a rumble before it really gets loud but this 'explosion' was without 'warning'.

Today I talked with some colleagues at work about how they experianced the thunder of that evening and they confirmed my observation. They all mentioned the 'big bang' and intensity of the flash as being a remarkable event for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join