It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder and lightning doesn't sound and look as it should.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
That doesn't sound odd at all. I've experienced thunderstorms like that plenty of times. I use to live in Florida. It was very common to have intense storms like that. Almost every afternoon in the summer time. Now I live in northern Maine. The thunderstorms do not get as intense up here, but every now and then one comes along. I love em!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This morning I could sleep in until kigndomcome if I wanted too but I was awoken by a deep rumble....I live in an apartment building and felt a light tremble in my bed. Then I heared people going outside to look what was happening. It crossed my mind that it could have been a heavy cargo train because of a railroad track some 2 kilometers from my home but then I reminded that I never had felt this tremble before.

The sound and the tremble went away...then it came back....with the tremble. A deep loud dark brown roar (no bang) did I hear before the rain started to fall. Lady's and gentlemen, again a thunder (without lightning) which I have never experianced before. I know now that I am not the only one noticing this....

It is strange and will probably and most likely have a good scientific reason but still.....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm glad I found this thread. I was just telling my hubby the thunder sounded weird during our last storm.

Last summer lightening hit the telephone pole across the road. The flash lit up my front yard and the sound was explosive but pretty normal for such a strike, the pole got trashed.

This summer a storm came through, I was watching it on doppler, it wasn't a particularly large cell just a normal storm. I saw the flash first behind my house on the hill and waited for the thunder. What I heard sounded just like a plane coming down for a crash landing, you know that sound...it's on Dark Side of the Moon before the explosion. It was long and drawn out from the initial flash then wham. A second flash came the thunder started out pretty loud but midway through it seemed to trip over itself and got hung up. I thought it would just fizzle out but instead it blasted so hard it shook my house.

This storm happened about week before the CO quake. I'm 40 miles from the epicenter. I felt the shaking, my house groaned but what got me moving was the sound. I could hear it advancing from the back of our property coming over ground not from the sky. Military planes are always my first thought when I hear such rumbling but this was different it was on the ground and on the move in my direction. It was a lot like the thunder I heard during that storm, at least that's what popped into my head. The sound wasn't stopping when I thought it should if that makes any sense. Although I'm 40 miles away I'm in direct alignment with the epicenter.

I've heard thunder rumbling off in the distance that can sometimes be long and drawn out but nearby lightening strikes are usually fast and furious. I've since checked the hill and no trees were hit. It's like the thunder was more intense, more drawn out especially in light of the fact that it didn't strike anything except the ground I guess. The telephone pole hit was basically in my front yard it flashed then blasted and that was it. I've been a storm watcher and this thunder was very different.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and our storms have been getting more intense and strange over the past years.

I wonder if it is merely the fact that as we get older, we are more inclined to watch the weather and analyze things differently.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

No I do not think it is because we are getting older......maybe the feel time does speed up is because we are getting older. Although I am not really sure about that either.

It is not my intension to go into a chemtrail debate in this thread but I would like to ask you if there are these so called chem-trails in the sky where you live......and do you also notice that after the spraying on a beautifull day there is rainfall in the next two days..?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dug up this old thread of mine because yesterday it was like the american 4th of July again here in the Netherlands.

The thunder, rumble and lightning is not as I am customed to. After a sunny day of extensive chemtrailing in the sky we can expect a rainy day afterwards. The clouds must be very charged to cause such a loud and weird thunder. So very loud and weird that I could not resist to tell you all about it......again.

I am telling you....these "covert" activities in our skies are real and causing all kinds of unusual effects in nature. Maybe are the shock waves of these enormes loud thunders killing the flocks of birds too.

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I dug up this old thread of mine because yesterday it was like the american 4th of July again here in the Netherlands.

The thunder, rumble and lightning is not as I am customed to. After a sunny day of extensive chemtrailing in the sky we can expect a rainy day afterwards. The clouds must be very charged to cause such a loud and weird thunder. So very loud and weird that I could not resist to tell you all about it......again.

I am telling you....these "covert" activities in our skies are real and causing all kinds of unusual effects in nature. Maybe are the shock waves of these enormes loud thunders killing the flocks of birds too.

Just saying...

This sunday and further days, we are expecting severe storm's in Portugal, let's see how it goes...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I started this thread almost a year ago and today I need to make a new entry. Yesterday evening was as if the heavens could explode any minute....that loud and violent was the thunder and lightning. Never ever in my 48 years have i experianced something like this. I live in an apartment building and could feel the ground shaking....

Something in our atmosphere here over The Netherlands has changed for sure....it was not normal. Maybe it is all because of our Sun.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Aankomend weekend gaat het weer los

coming weekend we are probably in for more heavy thunderstorms, the temp can reach 37 degrees by the end of the week according to some sources.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening be. Magnifico-o-o-o-ohhhhhhh!"

/spirit of Freddie Mercury

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
it is happening because someone was stupid enough to want to take over the world using fear and build an acoustic gravity wave generator somewhere. domination through false salvation. This is a system that is related to the system that gives people voices in there heads and makes them self pity into a "im mentally ill" state. Since time is not an issue, it has been tricking the human race for a long while. How did i learn this? I read and hear voices confirm this. Though they keep trying to scare me, i am not detered.
edit on 30-7-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
"Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening be. Magnifico-o-o-o-ohhhhhhh!"

/spirit of Freddie Mercury

Haaaallii-leo...ha-li-leo..LOooooL..

Boom, boom..boom,boom..(to keep on topic this is).

Flash a-ah
King of the impossible

He's for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He save with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman
Every child, with a mighty
Flash..

edit on 30/7/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
enough water pouring down, the church is clean

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have made similar comments.
For me here in Austin Texas it seems like lightening
was more frequent and much brighter. Also that the rumble
of thunder goes on way longer than it used to.
May be my imagination but in the last few years I really think
I've noticed a change.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

No it's not abnornal. I've seen plenty of lightening without thunder. Sheet lightening has it all the time. And that kind of lightening can mix with other kinds that DO produce thunder.

My observation ... thunderstorms all the same here around the Philadelphia area.
We had some hummmdingers come through two nights ago. Sounded like the
Revolutionary war had started up again. KaaaaBAM! over and over .. lots of
lightening. Tons of rain. All normal.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Storms have definitely been a bit weird this season, i don't remember a time where i could walk outside at 11:45 at night and be fooled to think it was mid-day. Picture a friend of my snapped from his front door at 11:45 PM, sky was lit up for a few seconds accompanied with what was the loudest thunder i have ever heard.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join