It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is gettin close, go ahead and get mad at this post fact is fact

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i continously wonder how someone who is smart enough to login to this forum comes to the conclusion that an asteroid, whatever name it has would have a measurable influence on plate tectonics on earth.

The influence, is lower, than the influence i would cause by hitting the brakes of my car while driving it.

I'm afraid the whole affair along with asteroids and comets is, that one of them already has earth as its target. Unfortunatly noone knows this one unknown asteroid.
However its not Elinen.

its some other of the 50000+ small pebbles believed to be flying around out there.

statistics say a significant rock hits us every hundred years. *shrug
it probably hit just water, why should i be worried, shall i call for more money to establish some chance to deflect such a pebble while the nation financially struggles ? Already knowing that all known measures are more or less ineffective ?

so whats the story here, with Elinen or comet/asteroid 1234-whatevername ?

its like the time halley showed up in ancient times where people commited mass-suicide cause they thought it would kill them all.
HEY, wake up, this is 2011.
Asteroids cause no effect here on earth, except they hit, so please stop trying to find a needle in a haystack where there is no needle inside.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, people should stop moaning about it, whatever it is there probably is not much we can do to stop it. So if it is coming i guess we just deal with it as and when it decides to show itself

I do wish people would stop blaming Nibiru/Elenin for the random spurge of earthquakes. As much as some of you wish something earth shattering will happen, it probably won't in our lifetime.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
Extinction
Level
Event?
No
It's
Not

haha nice, how bout this one

Everyone
Noobs
Instigating
Nonsense

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by Gerizo

Gerizo,

There are no commonly held cultural records to indicate a rogue planet. Don't forget that China and India have been around a very very long time (longer than the supposed complete orbit of the rouge planed) and they offer no accounts of second suns or giant planets coming by the Earth.

There are also the orbits of the planets which show there is no way that a rouge planet could possibly swing through our solar system on any reoccurring orbit. I suggest that you read a science book rather than the ramblings of Sitchin (whom blatantly ignored the Sumerian clay tablet dictionaries that still exist to this day). When you have actually used science and reason then you will see how ridiculous it is to state a rouge planet swings through our solar system.

Sincerely

Dilligaf

Dilligaf,

"There are no commonly held cultural records to indicate a rogue planet." Really?
www.dearastronomer.com...
theweek.com...

The Sumerians were a lot older than China or India and they did in fact depict the opposite of what you are stating. The Kolbrin bible originally called the Bronze Book which survived the burning of the Glastonbury Abbey in 1184 AD. It was presumed that this version of the Bible challenged the Catholic Bible as being the only word of God. It also told a much broader story of the creation of the earth and Adam and Eve than the Bible and therefore was considered blasphemy back in the day.
You can see some of it here : www.thekolbrin.com...
The first few chapters clearly depict info about the "Destroyer and Wormwood" which are discussed briefly in the Book of Revelations in the Bible. The story it tells is quite interesting. I don't need to read any science books but thanks. Those books were written by people that in my opinion had their own agenda whether it be getting their theories out or trying to make that all mighty dollar. I have read Sitchin's books. While I agree that he may have made some mistakes, we are all human, he visited all of the ancient sites he wrote about personally. He knew ancient Herbew as his first language, he also won the Nobel Peace prize. Frankly, I do not like speaking ill of the dead who can't defend their own opinions. When you yourself take the time to do what he did and dedicate many years of research then you can talk the talk. When you actually look at our ancient history, the petroglyphs in New Mexico, South America, Africa they tell us a different story. The only thing that's ridiculous is when people open their mouth while being ignorant of our ancient past. We as a species over time have forgotten more knowledge than what they know as a whole today. That won't be in any of your "science" books.

Sincerely write back at you,
Gerizo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I think you are wrong. I am over 70 and my spelling along with my use of grammer is poor. I have run a company for years and did quite well, so I think you want too much credit for your spelling ability and know nothing about people and ability.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

The Kolbrin Bible is a complete fake. As I've stated in the past there are very few claims it makes that can be verified as true or false. However, out those it does make all of them are false. While there was a fire at Glastonbury Abbey in 1184, there is no indication that it was arson. The supporters of the Kolbrin state that this occurred during a great suppression of monasteries, except that didn't occur until 1539. Then of course there's the fact that it's claimed that the fire was ordered by Edward I who wasn't even born until 1239. So, right off the bat we have a red flag thrown up that the events surrounding its discovery are an amalgamation of three different centuries. Then there's the fact that we have catalogs from Glastonbury Abbey circa 1000 AD, there is no mention of the Kolbrin or a Bronze Book.

Then there's the fact that no schools or universities have attested to its authenticity, except for one Kimball College. Now let's look into Kimball College. It was founded by Glenn Kimball, a man who claims to have completed his Ph.D. work (not the same as receiving a Ph.D.) from some school. Kimball has never said where he completed his work. Kimball does has one other claim to fame outside founding Kimball College and that's publishing the Kolbrin Bible. So, here we have the publisher for the book, whose background is murky as is, using his own school to make it seem like the Kolbrin is a legitimate manuscript. Nothing about this book screams authentic and anyone who believes in it has been had by Kimball and Marshall Masters.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

I actually just read what you wrote on Sitchin and all I can say is, what? Sitchin's first language was not Ancient Hebrew, it was modern Hebrew which is very different. Actually I'm not even sure if that's right. I know he was raised Jewish, but he was from Azerbaijan. Either way his first language was not Ancient Hebrew. And even if it was, Hebrew is in a completely different language family from Sumerian, so even then it would not help him decipher Sumerian in any way. Then there's your claim about the Nobel Peace Prize. Once again, what? Sitchin has never won the Nobel Peace Prize. He has never even been in the running for the Nobel Peace Prize. His name has probably never even been said by the Nobel Prize committee. So, I have no idea where you're getting this from. If you want to read about people who have actually been to sites in Mesopotamia and know how to read Sumerian I suggest you get a subscription to the Journal of Cuneiform Studies. Or you can just go to Michael Heiser's website.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes fact is fact, you are correct..

Your opinion though is no where near fact..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I didn't know that there was an 'alternative' Nobel award??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Ok. So by your figures ELENIN has roughly a 1.5% reduction in its trajectory every time around. At those figures, starting at 401 million miles, and this is just rough, the trajectory has gone from 401mm, to 134mm (or 170mm give or take a few million), to 45mm (give or take), to 15mm (etc.), to 5mm (I'm sure you get the point by now), to 2mm (when will it stop), to splat.
Not a very encouraging thought.....

Have a nice day anyway

edit on 24-8-2011 by LAMudd because: grammer and such

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

Haha, probably right on that one. Wait a second though, I thought he wasn't even meant to exist and his initials are actually a 'clever' in-plain view warning by TPTB?. There's so much nonsense going about just now about elenin I can't remember it all. I had a text file with a ton of various comments and things that came up about it and when it was all put together it looked like the work of a proper mad man.

Oh another thing.... I got told today our office is closing and we're being made redundant.

Coincidentally, it's happening on OCTOBER 28TH! Seeing as this is perfect alignment with Elenin, you reckon there's an earthquake risk?

Peace out

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatarded1
why does everyone get so pissed at the mentioning of Elenin ?? HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULDNT

We dont even know what it is,, astrophysicists are like wtf,,but astronomers say its nothing,,according to michio kaku we dont even know what it is yet..

Dont be a doosh about something we cant know,,and we cant know because we dont have good pics,,nasa could see the license plate on that thing(s) ,,so WHERE ARE THE GOOD PICS? not some dot on a starmap

Mensur Omerbashich found the correlation between the alignments and major earthquakes,,and todays virginia earthquake is a prime example of why the approaching whatever it is could be causing seismic activity.,,the data is overwhelming if people take the time to read instead of watching a youtube video called "debunking elenin" made bye some idiot who watched a youtube video called "the elenin hoax",,,they would know

i dont care what leonid elenin says about the thing,,i also own a 10 inch telescope,,but i dont assure planet earth that we will be safe from its effects when we dont even know what it is yet..and probably never will..

bye the way i really dont like the word "debunk",,,99% of every title that has that word in it ,,was written/made bye someone with a personal agenda to discredit something but they never really do.........

sadly enough most people cant distinguish the difference between "increase in seismic activity" and "end of the world"

I'm still yet to see anything substantial on elenin....
second line

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had no idea what thee elenin about before, and my first search was this

Scared the crap out of me!!!
edit on 24-8-2011 by AboveTopZecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
so whats your point dude? even if NASA or whoever, came out tomorrow and said "that's all folks" what can we do? curl up in the fetal position, and cry our eyes out? go rob a bank? what? who cares if comet elenin is coming? there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it. go read a book.

Well let's see...

There would be a run on gasoline, lines as far as the eye could see. Grocery store shelves would be empty in an instant. Services that you depend on would be no more. Crime would be through the roof, with people competing for the remaining resources. Chaos reigns supreme...not my idea of a good time. There is a reason why they would give us little or no warning. The above is just a little sample...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

Quit wondering, it's a complete lack of rationality, understanding and discernment. Most of the, and I quote from this thread, "ELE-tards" think the thousands of years of knowledge and accumulated scientific data are meaningless. They are willing to toss out the very knowledge that has allowed us to evolve as a species as soon as it negates some insane and fantastical theory that usually starts in the form of idiotic youtube videos.

According to many there is some sort of mystery realm of physics that allow an object that exerts less force on this planet than a sub-compact car that makes whichever SMALL heavenly body that is on a near-Earth trajectory responsible for sudden shifts in tectonic plates.

It doesn't matter that, let's say Virginia in this case, is generally due for a 5.0 or so EQ every century. It doesn't matter that we were about 40 years overdue for said EQ. All that matters is their own fantasies and non-scientific garbage.

Generally once their "theories" are proven wrong and/or the comet passes, they have no remorse for spreading reactionary and sensationalist trash. They just move on to the next "alternative" topic and take it to some other idiotic extreme. Such is the life-cycle of idiotic, pseudo-scientific and absolutely INSANE claims such as these. Don't take it personally, as it has been proven time and time again that rationality and COLD HARD FACTS mean nothing to your average "ELE-tard." Apparently some 15 year old kid with barely any education feels he or she has earned the right to call men and women who have put 40 years of INTENSE research into the subject idiots and liars.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by avatarded1

why does everyone get so pissed at the mentioning of Elenin ??

Because, with no exaggeration, there must be at least 100 "Elenin threads" and not one of them ever brings anything new to the table.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

Nibiru is not due in our vicinity for another 1600 yrs so cross that off the list of potential suspects

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
NASA and the U.S. government would probably warn us the day before, or the day of. If they were to give even a two month warning, the planet would be absolute chaos. Think about it, people would have nothing to live for. Criminal activity would run rampant, this planet would fall apart on every level of civility. They are smart not to forwarn. We must do the investigating, we must find the truth, if we can

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Science has proven what? So far, no one has been able to disprove Dr Mensur's data. You can argue the 4-6+ quakes as coincidence, but the 7+ quakes, you cannot.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Why do you get on a conspiracy website if if you don't like a good conspiracy theory? People like you crack me up because if nothing does happen, you will be one of the ones getting on here and laughing at everyone for believing what they have read about Elenin posing a threat! Instead of laughing why don't you try thanking God or whoever that nothing did happen and that some people care enough to try to warn us about something whenever it's suspicous. Stop hating on threads, just don't click on them!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join