It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is gettin close, go ahead and get mad at this post fact is fact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

and for every nine who will not read the post there are at least another 100 who only care about the message and the information and any proof for the said information.

i am certain MOST of the people who come here are not here to check grammer and spelling. if somebody posted some important information and i ignored it because of a few bad spellings then i could miss something important to my own research simply through being over picky.

people are here to find out what is what in the world for whatever reason, they will learn their spellings as they go along. i doubt getting A-levels in english is a requirement before being able to post here.

people should be discussing the o.p.'s information and giving their opinions or counter information, instead its mostly about spellings, which has nothing to do with the o.p. topic.

edit on 24-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: SPELLING ERROR

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, Elenin is getting closer but I wouldn't really call it close.

But we do know it's a comet. And here are some pretty nice amatuer pictures of it.

spaceobs.org...

Here's an animation I made last week. The view from STEREO B. It really is not a very impressive thing. You can see it on the left.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b980aba1aa0d.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Denying the available knowledge and analysis equals in my opinion being ignorant, and I suscribed to this amazing site because i will not read a book when Nasa says 'game over'. I will explore, research and read all I can using all the small amounts of free time I have TO KNOW. If you want to read book then, it's all ok by me but do not try to force your ignorance on others who are hungry for knowledge.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by avatarded1
Dont be a doosh about something we cant know,,and we cant know because we dont have good pics,

i dont care what leonid elenin says about the thing,,i also own a 10 inch telescope,

So with your 10 inch telescope you should be easily able to see that it is the expected brightness, and expected RA/Dec for the described orbit.
You should also be able to get the "good pics" yourself that you demand.

It is currently magnitude 8.3. With your telescope you should be able to get GREAT pictures, in fact.

ermmm... you have actually bothered to look at comet Elenin, havnt you?? My god it would be a laugh if you, with the equipment you have, havnt even bothered to check it out yourself.

It depends on what hemisphere he is in because elenin is only visible in the southern hemisphere. Just because a person has a telescope doesn't mean they can see everything in the sky.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by avatarded1
Dont be a doosh about something we cant know,,and we cant know because we dont have good pics,

i dont care what leonid elenin says about the thing,,i also own a 10 inch telescope,

So with your 10 inch telescope you should be easily able to see that it is the expected brightness, and expected RA/Dec for the described orbit.
You should also be able to get the "good pics" yourself that you demand.

It is currently magnitude 8.3. With your telescope you should be able to get GREAT pictures, in fact.

ermmm... you have actually bothered to look at comet Elenin, havnt you?? My god it would be a laugh if you, with the equipment you have, havnt even bothered to check it out yourself.

It depends on what hemisphere he is in because elenin is only visible in the southern hemisphere. Just because a person has a telescope doesn't mean they can see everything in the sky.

It is visible in the Northern Hemisphere, but only during daytime mostly.

Here is the stellerium data file..

[Elenin]
name = 2010X1/Elenin
parent = Sun
radius = 24
oblateness = 0.0
halo = true
color = 1.0,1.0,1.0
tex_halo = star16x16.png
tex_map = nomap.png
coord_func = comet_orbit
orbit_TimeAtPericenter = 2455815.22816
orbit_PericenterDistance = 0.482473
orbit_Eccentricity = 1.000016
orbit_ArgOfPericenter = 343.8071
orbit_AscendingNode = 323.2259c
orbit_Inclination = 1.8392
lighting = false
albedo = 1
sidereal_period = 365.25

edit on 24-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Extinction
Level
Event?
No
It's
Not

edit on 24/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
thats what pisses me off when people try to debunk no one is unsure off or people making end of ze world threads because they have watched a youtube video... 9nania for example, shes done research but shes jumped to a conclusion way too early. why cant people do the research before saying its nothing, its bla bla bla. am just sitting here laid back to fook to see what september brings. its meant to be the next alignment in a straight line. nothing happened on the 90 degree angle alignment on august the 16th-18th..

IF elenin is causing all this we shall all see soon enough wont we, its only a matter of weeks now before it gets even closer. earthquakes happen all the time, but increases seismic activity globablly thats the worrying thing.

elenin is a comet? yes or no? some say it has a big mass.. they couldnt calculate the size of the actual thing (so they say) but labelled it as a ice and dustball. if its just a small ice and dustball how could it possess a big mass? beats me.. am not too worried, just going with the flow and updating on its activity as the time gets closer. it is strange however how much of a 'coincidence' this thing is compared to the deep impact movie, not just the 'comet' itself, a whole of other things in the film seem to depict whats going on today...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by avatarded1

Why should I care about Elenin? The only reason I can think of to know the time of the end of the world would be to make sure I had enough cigarettes and alcohol so I could sit on the porch, smoke, drink and watch the ants run around in panic. If you are right, no one will be left to record that fact. If you are wrong, plenty will gladly point that out.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I think the EQs have more to do with the theory below than Elenin. Particularly with the considered correlation of Nuclear reactors near the areas and the FACT Russia did in fact stop producing Uranium.

I go further to say the NWO, Russia being part thereof, decided to enact this decision so the deadly uranium would be used therefore causing all these shutdowns and problems THEREFORE causing venting THEREFORE using HAARP to cause the Iron nail that causes the EQ's...PURPOSEFULLY. Every Nuclear Reactor will OR IS having this happen to it.

Entire Northern Hemisphere. Depopularized. As the Battle LA trailer says 'In 2011 Nothing can prepare you for whats next 03.11.11'

Do your research people. If you live in the Northern Hemisphere it is your very life.

edit on 24-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Oh please people...

We have bigger fish to fry than what may or may not have some sort of so-called "astronomical effect" on earth.

For christ's sake, we've got a world on the edge of:

Economic collapse
World War 3
Police State

And you folks are arguing about whether or not an astronomical object may or may not be causing some friggin earthquakes ?!

Blow your @$%#& house. life savings, jobs, way of life, comforts of life, and loved ones to kingdom come and see where your priorities lie.... real world issues are at hand here.

I'm sick of Elenin threads already.

Wake up people !

The world is crashing around you as you're busy arguing whether or not some comet is or isnt' what it's claimed to be.

Exactly!

What can we do about it even if it IS true? Sweet $#@& all. So let's stop hanging about moping and trying to prove its existence, because if it IS real then why mope and carry on about it? Get off the computer and go out and have some fun, meet some girls/guys and enjoy the time you have left.

There are also bigger issues at hand, ones that we can actually do something about. So why don't we focus that energy towards things we can actually change? Why don't we spread some love and try to make people feel better?

We're obsessed with our own demise because we despise our existence and are unhappy in it. We hope for some disaster to end to current way of things (well some of us certainly seem to). We receive hundreds of threads a week telling us how we're all going to be struck by a giant asteroid that will totally kill us like really soon and that yeah, its real so, yeah. It's silly, if people don't think it's coming then that's their problem then isn't it? It just seems really silly to me how many threads there are relating to our near extinction at the hands of elenin, if that's true then go out and party and enjoy yourself instead of spreading all this doom and negativity every day, it's a total buzz kill.

Peace dudes
edit on 24-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It's not up to me to teach you proper grammar. I was just trying to make the point that it is much easier on the eyes when a thread or a post can be read without having to constantly stop and re-read,analyze,decypher, and reconfigure words,capitalization,senence structure, and proper grammar. I think you have some valid points but it is hard to take someone seriously who rushes through a thread with zero regard for the English language.

I really get a kick out of you English majors on this site. Before you thumb your nose at someone for grammatical errors, you should PROOFREAD your own posts, so you don't come across as a hypocritical, pompous, ahole.

[Begin Spell check lesson]

Come on man, get it together, the site has built-in spell check. The red lines that appeared under the words DECIPHER & SENTENCE when you composed your post are indicators which alert you to misspelled words. Additionally, why don't you try to use a space after your comma's as well.

[Spell check lesson complete]

I'm sure you enjoyed being berated and talked down to for your grammatical errors as much as the OP did when you lambasted him for the very same thing your guilty of.

Keep in mind not everyone is an English Professor such as yourself.
Lighten up Francis

Back on topic...

I think we will see a dramatic increase in seismic/volcanic activity. Since many earthquakes happen every day, you need to look for the unusual - places that don't normally have them. These will be the true indications that something - Elenin, Nibiru, Wormwood, the sun, or something else entirely is causing this disruption. Something I'm sure we won't have to debate for much longer is the increase in seismic activities in areas where it is rare to have them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
And once again the story of Elenin changes as fearmongers attempt to keep their theory afloat. So, before Elenin could only cause earthquakes when an "alignment" occurred, but now it can cause them whenever it feels like. When I sneezed yesterday was that due to Elenin as well? People need to stop trying to cram every natural event that occurs into Elenin. This is starting to get more ridiculous than Hoagland's claims regarding it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am just going to wait and see, if it hits us then there is nothing we can do about it and if it doesn't hit us then life can carry on as normal until another threat to humanity comes along.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Probably been posted before but here's a link: www.universetoday.com...
This will give a quick run down of Q&A's about this comet. Pretty run of the mill dirty snowball as far as I can see, can't understand all the fuss, but then again there are threads on this site by people claiming man existed at the same time as dinosaurs, the Earth is 6000 years old, people claiming contact with 'inside' sources who tell them: the end is nigh / the aliens are here / the aliens are coming / insert claim on the dotted line, rinse repeat, post for attention. Read the link and then recite the line used on all threads claiming discovery of an alien running around the surface of mars near one of NASA's rovers, one, two. three......It's just a rock !

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Here's a interesting alignment on 9-11-11
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c05901aa478.jpg[/atsimg]
All 3 are closest to Sun, and 1993VD and X1 are only @ 186,000 miles apart (rounded#), and YU55 and X1 will be @ ?... 7 million miles apart.
Just found this interesting and passing it on to you.
The arrows should be closer..I mess up, sorry.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd6a0a2f1ce9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vetfather because: add other image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fff7744e6990.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vetfather because: (no reason given)

Please let me know if you find this interesting ? Just give me a star if you do ?
thanks
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vetfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
At the risk of being called an Ele-tard I found an interesting little tidbit of info. It seems the last time a EQ of this magnitude hit this region was in 1897. It just so happens that a near earth comet was passing by then - comet Tempel1. A quick fact check finds that Tempel1 has a return of every 5.5 years and was also passing by in 1812 during the huge New Madrid quakes. If you think Tempel1 sounds familiar it does. Its the comet that Nasa tossed a probe into to gauge the impact.

Might just be more to this comet stuff than anyone wants to admit.

When the May 1897 quake hit, Tempel1 was on it's way to it's aphelion point. Quite a distance from earth I'm afraid. Check for yourself here - Temple1 Orbital Viewer - just crank the years back.

st.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If nothing happens on September 11th and then nothing on September 26th when Elenin is between us and the sun, then it's all bullsheeeet as most know. We don't go through the tail on October 28th as the comet is above the eliptic the tail is above us. We might clip some small meteor showers if we're lucky. I'll be out there looking and cursing every shooting star.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A huge mistake these ELENIN people forget is spectrum analysis.

We don't need a 'good' photo to see 'what' it is. Spectrum analysis of the light can tell us exactly what it is composed of. The mass of Elenin is LESS than some of the near earth asteroids that pass us by MUCH closer... and we see no effect of those (or panic usually. Because theyre not lunar distanced...but still closer than Elinin ever will be.

Elinin is not causing quakes. Nor is it of a heavier mass (it would be far more visible in its affects on the solar system.) These are scientific facts.

Want to know why doom and gloom threads exist? Why people buy into X bad thing doing Y to people of Z? Your brain releases chemicals when sensing a "near danger" that "may be soon or complete." They are addicts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
reply to post by MentalGiant

You'll be seeing sight that for yourself, shortly.

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Keep in mind, that's just shoddy shadow government terminology. There's much more to it...

I thought it was....

Extinction Level Event Nine? (NIN) Seeing as it's supposed to bring about the 9th recorded ELE? It's all nonsense anyway. I still have no idea why everyone's getting so jumpy over Elenin when there are loads of comets flying about out there. A few of them get a lot closer than Elenin will.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
You can take this however you want to but,
It doesn't lend a whole lot of credibility to your argument when you show no regard for grammar or spelling.
It is rather hard to take you seriously and shows the level of education we are dealing with.
This is not to say that you don't have some valid points, nor does it mean that I am perfect and have never made a mistake. It only means that maybe you should devote a little more time and thought to your thread before posting it. The more you put into it, the more WE will get out of it.

Or you can just get offended and call me names, either way, it is what it is.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Posts like this are more annoying than actual grammar and spelling mistakes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join