It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is gettin close, go ahead and get mad at this post fact is fact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Actually I think it's rather funny...

I mean, do people think that he or his parents changed their last name so as to make that funny little acronym possible?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Want to know why doom and gloom threads exist? Why people buy into X bad thing doing Y to people of Z? Your brain releases chemicals when sensing a "near danger" that "may be soon or complete." They are addicts.

you forgot the group mentality where each individual wants to be "special" and to have "figured it out" while the rest of us "sheeple" will die.

Thank you for posting what you did, but sadly, they won't listen, hell, they don't even read the disclaimer for the orbital trajectory simulator they use to "prove" the end is near, that states it can't be used to predict long term trajectories or planetary impact scenarios.

they claim NASA is hiding the truth while using NASAs own simulator to prove this. It's a snake eating it's tail, except the snake is made of bovine excrement

I believe comet Honda is going to pass closer, where are the HONDA IS NEAR threads? I guess I should be thankful no one is hawking survival supplies in these threads.......yet

edit on 24-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Good afternoon,

Whatever the Elenin thing is, i bet we have #loads of massive firepower. Could be an option to swing everything useful at it and see what happens. Could mess up our entire solar system, but if we are doomed anyway, it's worth a try.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It depends on what hemisphere he is in because elenin is only visible in the southern hemisphere.

Not true.
Comet Elenin has a very small inclination and (and will be) never far from the ecliptic, the line that runs through the signs of the zodiac. Leo, virgo etc... These are all visible from the northern hemisphere.

He could have viewed it at any time over the last few months.

The next few weeks coming up will be difficult as it starts to be more in the direction of the sun, and really wont be visible in the night sky again until the first week of october.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
Virginia's earthquake because of elenin?...it's a weak argument.
There have been 5.5+ earthquakes all around the planet daily long before elenin ...someday had to be US turn.
it's not the first time that a 5.5+ earthquake happen in the US.

I'd worry if 6.5+ earthquakes happen daily in the US as happened in Japan few months ago.

I live in a island in the caribbean and there was an earthquake 5.5+ back in december 24 and it meant nothing and proved nothing...earthquakes happen all the time.

I believe elenin in real...but I don't believe everything that happen is because of elenin.

From USGSThe Virginia Seismic Zone in the U.S. state of Virginia covers about 8,000 km2 (~3,000 mi2) in the Piedmont province.Earthquakes in the state are irregular and rarely top 4.5 on the Richter magnitude scale.
so this one was unusual

-----

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatarded1
why does everyone get so pissed at the mentioning of Elenin ?? HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULDNT

We dont even know what it is,, astrophysicists are like wtf,,but astronomers say its nothing,,according to michio kaku we dont even know what it is yet..

im very interested in where michio kaku says we dont even know what it is yet. is there a news article? was he interviewed? is there a video?

would appreciate some links.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

why does everyone get so pissed at the mentioning of Elenin ?? HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULDNT

We dont even know what it is,, astrophysicists are like wtf,,but astronomers say its nothing,,according to michio kaku we dont even know what it is yet..

We know exactly what it is. It's a small, inconsequential comet, one of several cruising through the inner solar system this year.

And that is also why we don't have any 'good' photos of it

But don't worry, there'l be another one along next year to lie in bed shivering and shaking in fear over. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I dont want to comment about Elenin, I just have to ask why did you say "according to michio kaku we dont even know what it is yet.. " They would not let him say anything if he did know. Im sure he would not want to say any thing cause it could cause mass panic. You cant trust a MAIN STREAM SCIENTIST to tell you the truth. Who do you think they get their money from? If he wants to do study's and get government grants to pay for those study's he has to do exactly what they tell him to do. So dont trust his word. Hes just a puppet and the governments hand is up his back.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
reply to post by lordpiney

Denying the available knowledge and analysis equals in my opinion being ignorant, and I suscribed to this amazing site because i will not read a book when Nasa says 'game over'. I will explore, research and read all I can using all the small amounts of free time I have TO KNOW. If you want to read book then, it's all ok by me but do not try to force your ignorance on others who are hungry for knowledge.

Did you even read my original post? where in it, or any of my posts for that matter, did i try to force ignorance on anyone? i NEVER denied anything. when i first heard of comet Elenin, month's ago, i read all the available resources i could find on it. by doing that, i became un-ignorant about comet Elenin. i also came to the same conclusion that any rational thinking person would...that it poses absolutely no threat whatsoever, to us here on planet earth. that's what the op should have done before he posted another asinine thread about nothing. the only reason he posted it, was to get the kind of responses that he got here. now go back, and read the first sentence in my original post...im still waiting for an answer from him.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by avatarded1

I don't think anyone gets 'pissed', I think people try to deny the ignorance and unfounded speculation that comes from the Nibiru/Planet X, pole shift, it causes earthquakes, etc. crowd.

Please provide a link to a reputable source of Michio Kaku or an astrophysicist saying we don't know what it is.

Mensur Omerbashich found the correlation between the alignments and major earthquakes,,and todays virginia earthquake is a prime example of why the approaching whatever it is could be causing seismic activity.,,the data is overwhelming if people take the time to read instead of watching a youtube video called "debunking elenin" made bye some idiot who watched a youtube video called "the elenin hoax",,,they would know

If people would take the time to learn how science works and possibly a little physics and astronomy they would know that Mensur Omerbashich is a crank and that your car actually does have more of an affect on earth than a comet that is millions of miles away.

i dont care what leonid elenin says about the thing,,i also own a 10 inch telescope,,but i dont assure planet earth that we will be safe from its effects when we dont even know what it is yet..and probably never will..

Again, who says we don't know what it is? It is a comet and truly is a relatively insignificant one at that. What kind of scope do you have?

bye the way i really dont like the word "debunk",,,99% of every title that has that word in it ,,was written/made bye someone with a personal agenda to discredit something but they never really do.........

Debunk is a great word. It is how we weed through all the B.S. in order to find truth. Truth using evidence and reason, not speculation fueled by the intrigue of a conspiracy theory. And not internet hoaxes that have taken on a life of their own fueled by people who don't know jack about science. Usually the 'personal agenda' is simply to educate people and put an end to nonsense. In other words, deny ignorance.

sadly enough most people cant distinguish the difference between "increase in seismic activity" and "end of the world"

Sadly enough, most people cannot distinguish between pseudo science and science.

I really miss Carl Sagan.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
From what I have read about this comet.......

December 2010 - 401 million miles from Earth

May 2011 - 170 million miles from Earth

October 2011 - it will be 22 million miles from Earth at its closest pass

I really believe we are in no danger at all from this comet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There have obviously been threads about this subject. Little more than implied omniscience from both sides though (not exclusive to this subject, obviously). I speak of an initial basis for context here.

Then I made this post about the subject going a bit more in depth into the possibility.

Let me be clear (again) that I do not feel it is likely Elenin is anything more than a "standard" comet (which themselves we still have much to learn about). However, I will not discount emerging patterns and feel they should be explored whether or not we think we "know." We could actually learn something.

Of course, most do not subscribe to such thinking. But I know some find it of interest so Im not completely wasting my time verbalizing my own curiosity and observations about the universe
I will also say that your initially combative tone (perceived) will likely just lead to more of the same instead of anything productive. C'est la Vie.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2011 by sinohptik because: double post

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Gerizo,

There are no commonly held cultural records to indicate a rogue planet. Don't forget that China and India have been around a very very long time (longer than the supposed complete orbit of the rouge planed) and they offer no accounts of second suns or giant planets coming by the Earth.

There are also the orbits of the planets which show there is no way that a rouge planet could possibly swing through our solar system on any reoccurring orbit. I suggest that you read a science book rather than the ramblings of Sitchin (whom blatantly ignored the Sumerian clay tablet dictionaries that still exist to this day). When you have actually used science and reason then you will see how ridiculous it is to state a rouge planet swings through our solar system.

Sincerely

Dilligaf

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2011 by lordpiney because: double post

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by lordpiney

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
reply to post by MentalGiant

You'll be seeing sight that for yourself, shortly.

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Keep in mind, that's just shoddy shadow government terminology. There's much more to it...

you honestly believe that there is a rogue planet , somewhere in our solar system, and that this rogue planet somehow poses a threat to planet earth? you need to go read a book too.

Since you seem to be pretty confident and snappy in the responses I have a question for you tough guy. Can you provide any proof that there isn't a rouge planet out there somewhere? I say no. Comets have caused problems in the past, sincerely the dinosaurs and every civilization that was once here but for some reason are no longer here. Where did they go? Chances are something happened to the planet as a whole which caused them to become extinct, not all but some. As far as books go there is the kolbrin bible, ancient texts,scripts,cuneiform as well as modern authors who all told about such events happening in the Earth's ancient past. Perhaps you should put down the picture books and actually read a book yourself...

What is this a trick question? there is no proof, because there is no rogue planet. do you honestly think there is one hiding out there somewhere? where's it hiding?? don't you think that it would have been seen by now, by someone? i mean, we can detect planets orbiting stars in OTHER solar systems...wouldn't we be able to detect one hiding in our own? you should take a minute, and really think about it.

When have comets EVER caused problems in our past? im talking about actual verifiable problems...not people freaking out over Hailey's comet last century. show me where please.

The dinosaurs, are under your feet. ALL of them. there were no surviving dinosaurs left alive after the Cretaceous extinction event.

Ive read many publications pertaining to anomalous archaeological finds. there really isn't much to them, and most can be explained away. why don't you be a sport, and post a link or two or even better...recommend a book, pertaining to these "events" so i can be convinced too.
thanks.
edit on 24-8-2011 by lordpiney because: to make it easier to read

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I love Michio Kaku, he's awesome, but I think Elenin is just a hunk of rock. So I just don't think it's something to get all whipped up about, imho. BUT who knows, it could end up killin' us all, but the governemnt still wouldn't tell us. If it does kill me and the government doesn't tell us, I'm gonna be pissed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So scientifically, we do not know what Elenin is, we have few pictures, that can't provide enough detail to get a decent ID, so people, any thoughts, I hope it's a spaceship
but what are the odds of that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

why does everyone get so pissed at the mentioning of Elenin ??

Because people are being forced to admit their own morality, for some, thats hard to swallow.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Not knowing what it is does not give you the right to say your extreme speculation is true or even remotely possible.

Unless Elenin is due to hit right on DC, then there's nothing unusual going on. Why is every natural disaster seemingly laser-targeting the capitol? who knows.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join