It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

I don't think that anyone knows if this is an event or just foreshocks. Or just an adjustment.

Within the next days and weeks we will all be looking into this event and trying to figure out what happened.

In the mean time we all need to take stock. "if you will" and realize what is important. We all need to just be prepared. For what ever. Then you don't need to freak out. when something seems amiss. You can say to yourself. Hey Im O.K.

Stay tooned folks there's more to follow..

Just be sensible.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, we still don't entirely know everything there is about tectonic plates and fault lines right?
And I find it too big of a coincidence that they all lie on the same latitude line...

So, do you guys think it's even relatively possible that there might be even deeper, larger 'underground' fault lines that stretch across the from West to East rather than North and South like the San Andreas and San Madrid? That could possibly explain the latitude correlation. Thoughts?
edit on 24-8-2011 by AskWhy11 because: minor grammar correction

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by FrankieNinja

I don't think that anyone knows if this is an event or just foreshocks. Or just an adjustment.

Within the next days and weeks we will all be looking into this event and trying to figure out what happened.

In the mean time we all need to take stock. "if you will" and realize what is important. We all need to just be prepared. For what ever. Then you don't need to freak out. when something seems amiss. You can say to yourself. Hey Im O.K.

Stay tooned folks there's more to follow..

Just be sensible.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The only weird thing is the SF/COL/VA quakes are all around the same latitude, now the questions become why, and will they continue? however the doomsdayers need to take a chill pill they predict the same things everyday i guess eventually they'll be right

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

3.0 2011/08/24 07:15:58 37.092 -104.874 5.0 COLORADO
3.6 2011/08/24 06:36:54 37.748 -122.137 9.1 SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
2.9 2011/08/24 05:07:52 37.185 -104.702 5.0 COLORADO
3.4 2011/08/24 04:45:27 37.925 -77.994 4.9 VIRGINIA
2.6 2011/08/24 02:40:40 37.111 -104.633 5.0 COLORADO
4.2 2011/08/24 00:04:37 37.912 -77.951 7.9 VIRGINIA

CO just had another

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 07:15:57 UTC
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 01:15:57 AM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
COLORADO
Distances
34 km (21 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado
43 km (26 miles) WNW of Raton, New Mexico
59 km (36 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado
294 km (182 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.5 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 3.1 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 25, Nph= 29, Dmin=188.1 km, Rmss=1.66 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=7
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005iw4

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Anyone thought about the distant possiblity that there is a higher science than our current science and that the beings residing in those higher dimensions are built by more microscopic particles than us(radioactivity increases the more microscopic particle you have)?

In that case they have much more energy than us and the reason they can stay in those dimensions are that they are better than us - morally speaking.

In fact, they can ruin this earth in a split second if they wanted to, of course they won´t do that since they are compassionate. But modern human beings are rarely good people and that is why we will have trouble on a massive scale ahead of us.

There is a way out and the way out is called Falun Dafa self-cultivation according to Truth, Compassion and Tolerance in daily life. This way has been prophesied for thousands of years and the city of Falun has a ton of legends about how Falun Dafa will change the world.

Anyone who just knows that Falun Dafa exists and believe that it is good in their hearts will have a great chance of making it.

The Huge Catastrophe Seen in Meditation

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

3.0 2011/08/24 07:15:58 37.092 -104.874 5.0 COLORADO
3.6 2011/08/24 06:36:54 37.748 -122.137 9.1 SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
2.9 2011/08/24 05:07:52 37.185 -104.702 5.0 COLORADO
3.4 2011/08/24 04:45:27 37.925 -77.994 4.9 VIRGINIA
2.6 2011/08/24 02:40:40 37.111 -104.633 5.0 COLORADO
4.2 2011/08/24 00:04:37 37.912 -77.951 7.9 VIRGINIA

CO just had another

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 07:15:57 UTC
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 01:15:57 AM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
COLORADO
Distances
34 km (21 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado
43 km (26 miles) WNW of Raton, New Mexico
59 km (36 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado
294 km (182 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.5 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 3.1 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 25, Nph= 29, Dmin=188.1 km, Rmss=1.66 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=7
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005iw4

earthquake.usgs.gov...

With it all happening around the 37th even around the world it is not a fluke, !!! Something is up, the question really is what? There is a post on ats listing all eq world wide on the 37th.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Are there volcanoes in Yosemite Valley CA ( National Park)
37.75°N 119.59°W (Elev. 4759 ft).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
One word: P-waves

It explains why those earthquakes are at surface level. If area is not very prone for earthquakes, earth is very solid there = earthquake feels far away. Also notice that if you are outside when it happens, you don't hear rumble, you hear like sound of massive subwoofer. I have experienced this kind of earthquake (only earthquake I have experienced). It happened as far as 150 kilometers away, on coast of Sweden. Magnitude was 3.2, even though it was not strong, it was felt of large area because solid rock underneath Gulf of Bothnia. When I opened window when it happened, it was like very large subwoofer next to me, frequency was very low.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
When comparing recent quakes to older quakes, let us not forget that they changed the scale not too long ago.

Meaning Virginia's 5.8/Colorado's 5.3 would have been considered 6.8/6.3 if we were in a different era of time. Really makes you wonder just what in the heck is going on because a 6.8 and a 6.3 is by no means a minor quake, especially for those regions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

My Son and I was watching Cowboys & Aliens at the AMC 24 in Hamilton NJ ... when we both felt at the same time like someone behind rocking our seats. We both trying to play it off thinking that someone being a wise guy... Now my son is a BIG dude, you don't want to shake his seat too much... well when it didn't stop he turned around, he didn't say anything but this elderly Lady with her Husband said: "it's not us" ! Two minutes later I received a called to let me know we just had an Earthquake !!!!
BTW: Cowboys & Aliens Good Movie :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hi WC! Wanted to thank you for everything you do, I've read most of your threads and enjoyed learning from them. It's important work. And boy, did you get this one up quickly! Some of you EQ educators (yep, that's what you are) here on FE have really sent me on some trips, and I've enjoyed every minute. Earlier on this thread you mentioned GEE. I did a GEE search on ATS and found this great thread that explains it quite well to those of us just getting started and allows folks to get up and running asap (thanks to TA). Thought I'd share the link with everyone:

GEE (Global Explorer Earthquake) Tips

I'm currently monitoring the stations in CO and VA you suggested, plus one in TN just to bridge the gap: IU.WVT
Please let me know if there's a better one to follow in TN or MO. I'm interested in the New Madrid fault and particularly, if it has any bearing on these other events.

Keep on with your fine work and hope your knees are mo'better! Kub

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Two quakes in Norwegian sea today. I think that's kind of strange
www.iris.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hey WestCoast and the rest of you.
I was going though the thread posts and have been reading this thread when I get a chance, but there is one incident that seems too have gone either 'Unrecognized' or "Insignificant' that does seemingly fall under the "Strange and unusual" category of our reality, especially where I live. The event I am speaking of took place on August 12th in South Dakota.

South Dakota's capital city was shaken by a mild earthquake Tuesday afternoon, and while the temblor caused no reported damage, it had some people wondering where the explosion was.

The quake, a rare occurrence in South Dakota, had a preliminary magnitude of 3.4. It struck at 2:45 p.m. with its epicenter about a mile northwest of Pierre.

That location is close to where a recent South Dakota Geological Survey map suggests a deep-bedrock fault could lie, survey geologist Tim Cowman said.

"It was a deep earthquake - 9.7 miles deep - so that sort of puts us out of the realm of surface geology," he said.

While the rumbling was considered pretty meek as far as earthquakes go, people in the area did report hearing multiple booms and feeling buildings shake.

Earthquake rocks South Dakota's Capitol

Though I live in the far South Eastern part of the state, it was talked about by all who were affected by the strange occurrence. Actually, we are still talking about it around the water cooler at work. I work with individuals that have suggested that there may be unseen implications of the global connections of the super volcano's around the world becoming more active due too sheer time elapsed and the re-occurrence of history repeating itself. (One must not forget we were once a land called Pangaea.)
Yellow stone is one of these sleeping giants, and even though the over all depth of the quake registered here was rather harmless, there are those of us that see these events as a precursor of thing's to come, not by freak of nature, but by sheer natural forces continually changing our planet. It has been forewarned that if Yellow Stone did decide to erupt, South Dakota would be in it's debris path , depending on wind and weather conditions. They even have evacuation plans for such an event if it should ever happen.
I didn't read through all of the posts here, so if this had been mentioned, I do apologize for the double posting of this event. Just thought it was pertinent to the topic of this conversation. I currently don't have the time too research this theory that my work associates and I are contemplating, but I would suggest looking for either minor tremor's or registered news reports of these events and see where the path leads to, or from, for that matter.
Common sense tells us that when it comes to the earth's activity, these are events bound to repeat themselves, only this time we have a population and technology too not only witness these events and record them for future posterity of the next generations. Earth Quakes, Volcano's and Tectonic place shift is all the norm, we just haven't ever been able to predict these events 'Before' they occur. Could be our wake up call for further events to start taking place.
"Great Thread!! Very civilized and refined..." S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Thank you for posting info about the South Dakota quake last week. I have mentioned it a few times in the last week and no one seemed very interested.

I find that one to be very strange, and combined with the Colorado and Virginia incidents I would have to say something is definitely going on.

In the middle of all of these locations is the New Madrid. Speaking of which, there has also been minor activity in both East and West Tenn, and in Oklahoma over the past several weeks as well.

Also take notice that the Tenn, Oklahoma, Dakota, Co, and Virginia quakes were all appearing to be pretty shallow in depth. Like this 2.1 last week 100miles from Memphis
Depth 2.8miles...hmmm.
Or this 3.0 42 miles from Oklahoma City
It was 5 miles depth.

What does it mean when all of the quakes are shallow?

edit on 24-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Something to add, which may be pertinent with all these non localized quakes going off. Im from Sudbury On, and we never experience quakes, mining blasts yes, quakes no. We recently had 3.3 3 days prior to the one in virginia. What i found odd was that we felt the Virginia quake yesterday, and our town hall was shut down. Apparently the shock wave was bad enough to cause curtains, pictures and desktop items to fall off the desk of employees. Strange indeed.
Here is the link to my local quake

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Every event that takes place seems to be reason for the Doom crowd to try for some 'Spectacular' end of the world scenario. How many posts since the 4th of July this year bearing foreboding and destruction have made it to print here on ATS. It appears that individuals with a propensity to embelish any scrap of news that might be of a nature to arouse fear or uneasiness is game. What it does is diminish whatever 'real' stories that might have merit into just another chicken little story. Your attempts at notariety or '15 minute fame' becomes the same instrument that negates and story of actual worthiness to the tenants of ATS's objectives, and that is to bring you the extraordinary events popping up now and then. There is not a assembly line cranking out world shattering events each and every hour, and not every single moment that happens in the publics lives of members is even noteworthy. For that there is facebook. It would be much more useful if ATS doesn't just become another flamboyant gossip column. I think many of the members here have noticed this trend of people trying to create catastrophe out of everyday events, and it's only diminishing from the interest of Actual Stories of Importance here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I too do see the correlation from one event to the other. These events in South Dakota and surrounding areas happened weeks before the Va and CO tremors. My friends and I at work (Event though we aren't geologists or vulcanologist) think that there may very well be having an influx of magma vent's being created due to stresses of both solar and temperature influences.
As the Polar caps become more subjected to the melting currently visible by scientists, it creates a massive amount of displaced pressures and displacement of such pressures in possible vital and unknown areas of our planet infrastructure which may be creating a "Heat too Thaw" similar to what happens to an ice cube when dropped into a warmer temperature change, it cracks and pops.I am an avid fisherman and I have noticed (As well as my fishing buds) that the rivers are much warmer, there are more dead fish that are shored and that the bait we by tends to die off rather quickly compared to the past.
Something is a miss here, the answer maybe somewhat unconsidered, I just know there is something going on, I am not freaking out over it, but I am sure watching with intent ideologies.
Thanks for your reply MF, glad to hear there was someone that was aware of the South Dakota event as contributory to these events having taken place as a precursor to the over all activity currently taking place.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

I think many of the members here have noticed this trend of people trying to create catastrophe out of everyday events, and it's only diminishing from the interest of Actual Stories of Importance here.

I understand your point Plotus, but your perception of these matters are strictly "Your perceptions" there is a chain of events that have been taking place over the past few years that truly are bewildering to me and have no logical or scientific scrutiny applied to them. Such as the 'Fish Die offs" around my favorite fishing areas. This is based on self observation, never really questioned any of it because it does naturally happen in the ecosystem, but recently it is more pronounced and evident as I see these places literally dieing both by devastating flood waters tearing up the landscape and the very unusual water temps compared to a few years ago.
We are allowed to negate these event's, but with a level head, as you have suggested. But for me it is a personal observation of the utmost importance. I love to fish, but if the water critter's get pulled from the equation with no real scientific explanation, I can only go by what I currently know.
This is happening, just don't know "WHAT" is happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
New madrid is also on same latitude line.

Like I have said before though, California is next

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join