It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Central California just had a 4.2

I too am awaiting another one today...something is bound to go off today in lieu of the ones yesterday. We are about to see a concert in my opinion. I hope I am sooooo wrong!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I hope you are wrong also Mamaj. I have never felt an eq and I don't care to. I am in TN (central) with you.

My question is this and is simply for knowledge NOT TO FEARMONGER! Is it possible to open a fault line running east to west to connect VA and CO. The reason I ask is because in history there was speculation about how the states would separate. I didn't know if it was possible or not. IF a line did open what would it look like?

I am sure nothing catastrophic will happen but isn't it great to get so many good minds together and research new ideas and possibilities. I have my three day supply for twisters, quakes, hurricanes, blizzards, you name it. Never hurts.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Doodle19815 because: to add it between isn't and great

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Im just waiting for someone to blame the gays

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

You closed with the following:

"...I just want to caution people that while at first glance it might seem like there is something BIG happening here in the state,
this really most likely is just two seperate, unrelated events that when put together seem like something more sinister. ..."

i beg to differ.... these are 2 seperate events But i suspect that beneath the outer crust in North America, there is a singular cause....
there is likely a hot Mantle Plume that is going very active and is causing the whole continent to swell upward and unevenly... this is evidenced by the rising of the Yellowstone caldera area

continental drift or plate tectonics is not the problem... as the NA landmass rises, new cracks/stresses are made on the strata...as different pockets of minerals and layers of porus strata expand or twist with the expansion of the crust

i'm just a layperson RE geology,
but the active outgassing of ocean floor volcanos, and the many formally dormant old volcano vents getting active in recent years is a general clue that the Earth is very much more active lately for some reason....

I expect more EQ intensity in diverse places as the new-normal
edit on 24-8-2011 by St Udio because: Typo change the "id" to the correct word 'is'

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

You closed with the following:

"...I just want to caution people that while at first glance it might seem like there is something BIG happening here in the state,
this really most likely is just two seperate, unrelated events that when put together seem like something more sinister. ..."

i beg to differ.... these are 2 seperate events But i suspect that beneath the outer crust in North America, there is a singular cause....
there is likely a hot Mantle Plume that is going very active and is causing the whole continent to swell upward and unevenly... this is evidenced by the rising of the Yellowstone caldera area

continental drift or plate tectonics is not the problem... as the NA landmass rises, new cracks/stresses are made on the strata...as different pockets of minerals and layers of porus strata expand or twist with the expansion of the crust

but the active outgassing of ocean floor volcanos, and the many formally dormant old volcano vents getting active in recent years is a general clue that the Earth is very much more active lately for some reason....

edit on 24-8-2011 by St Udio because: Typo change the "id" to the correct word 'is'

I totally agree! We have been seeing Earth changes for quite a while. I am a realist all the while try to be optimistic. I hope I am wrong but the feeling is we are about to be front and center of a concert.

IF we find ourselves a witness...by all means...be positive, no fear, and think logical and try to remain calm. Whatever is meant to be....WILL be no matter what we think but it can hinder us if we think irrational and or become overwhelmed with fear.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I hope you are wrong also Mamaj. I have never felt an eq and I don't care to. I am in TN (central) with you.

My question is this and is simply for knowledge NOT TO FEARMONGER! Is it possible to open a fault line running east to west to connect VA and CO. The reason I ask is because in history there was speculation about how the states would separate. I didn't know if it was possible or not. IF a line did open what would it look like?

I am sure nothing catastrophic will happen but isn't great to get so many good minds together and research new ideas and possibilities. I have my three day supply for twisters, quakes, hurricanes, blizzards, you name it. Never hurts.

That is a very good question. For years we have been able to go on different sites to see the "future" map of America. Some of our states are not on there....it could be for many reasons. Time will tell.....we as people can only speculate.

The theory seems plausible to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am going to write this again because I feel it is important:

I believe what is extremely important about this quake on the Eastern Seaboard is:

1.) We usually DO NOT have quakes here....... the last one I experienced was 40 years ago and it was very small.

2.) Most of the Nuclear Power Plants are on the East Coast because we are known NOT to have quakes.

3.) The GENIUSES that built these Nuclear Power Plants built them to only withstand twice the strength that is known for said area. which at the highest is about a 6 which we came very close to.

You should be able to see from the news what happened to quite a few reactor's so imagine if a larger one comes......how about the chem and bio material along the Eastern Coast.

Doesn't it surprise you that they aren't taking about this and they are on about Libya and Obama on vacation.

I would think Obama would go back to Washington but instead he is on a phone on a golf course!

For myself we are in the process of change on this Planet and these new areas of quakes and fissures opening should be of great concern and I can't write enough about keeping your eyes on the magnetic anomalies etc. on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. It's going to happen where you least expect it as I've said before

To me this 5.8 is a big deal

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

As i mentioned earlier..i went to reelfoot last saturday and the sesimo was cut off..days before all this quake action..I saw this with my own eyes..totally suspious..the thing is usually on for the tourists to see but it was off..dont know if it could have been down for maintnance..going to check again this weekend.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
First of all, Hello! I've been a lurker here for a while, but this thread made me want to join because I live in CO and want to add info for you that you may find helpful.

I live about 20 minutes or so north of CO Springs and about 25-30 minutes south of Denver. I am about 150 miles north of where that earthquake hit. Although highly unusual, I went to bed early a couple of nights ago, about 20 minutes before the quake struck, because of a massive migraine. The quake did not wake me... well not the first one.

I woke with a start at 5:10 a.m. MST, to a loud "BANG... CRASH" and felt my bedroom floor vibrate or shake for about 5-10 seconds. I thought that someone had broken into the house, so I woke my husband and sent him looking for the burglar I was sure was creeping around downstairs or in the basement. My husband found no one. He even went outside to make sure that the culprit wasn't making an escape or lurking around outside. I was worried about what I heard, so I could not fall back asleep. I turned on the news and the story of the 5.3 quake around midnight was all over the news. As I was watching, I realized that what I had felt was a quake, just had to be. The noise and the shaking was exactly what people were describing from the midnight quake. I got up and looked around, looking for any kind of damage. There wasn't any damage, but things definitely shifted. We are in the process of moving, so stacked moving boxes were moved, teetering on edges of things, records in our basement had fallen off of shelves, plant pots outside were moved around, etc. etc. So, no damage, but definite movement of objects. Yes, that far from the quake, though only a 5.3, we definitely did experience some sort of shaking.

I went online shortly afterwards and found people in comments sections of various sites who lived in towns near to me, who described the shaking from the quake I felt at 5:10 a.m. I decided to go to the USGS site to see what the size of the quake was that woke me, but I could not find anything from that time. I read on other sites how others wanted to make a shake report on the 5 am quake, but it was not there. I, too, thought maybe the usgs was behind, but nothing ever popped up.

Just today, I see that we have had other aftershocks on the usgs site, blue boxes that are new since I checked last night, but when you click on them, it gives error messages that they do not exist, even if you can see them on the u.s. or world map of the usgs site. I believe that the usgs is removing quakes or making them seem weaker than they actually are. I think this is because they may be more concerned than they are letting on, especially when you look at the events on the east coast yesterday.

I could be wrong, for sure, but I wanted to add my experience here so people can start getting a clearer picture about how things may be going unreported and what that may mean, if anything. I do hope CO people here can back me up on the 5 am quake! I do not think we have seen the last of the quakes down there and I feel that the quake from yesterday might be a little sister to something that could strike in the near future. No real reason, just intuition.

Thanks and great to be here!

edit on 24-8-2011 by mountaingirl1111 because: Forgot something!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by My Call

I feel as though this could be related to HAARP. The planes where I live spray often and I am very use to seeing it. However, today in the earlier portion before the quake, they seemed to be going overboard with the spraying. They were spraying at least 3 to 4 times more than I have ever seen. Now I know that they (TPTB) can use the HAARP system for weather control / manufacturing. Do you think this could have been a test? This kind of stuff just doesn't really happen where I live. So my brow has been raised. I live in Virginia between DC and Richmond. Did anyone between NY, PA, DC, MD, VA see any other over spraying today before the quake hit?

Two weeks ago a unmarked helicopter was flying over my town (in VA) and circleing VERY close to houses, including mine, and it had a pole of some sort sticking out the front. The guy was so flying so close I could tell you what he was wearing! I don't know if there is any connection to what you are talking about, but I found it VERY odd indeed.
Also I am about 100 miles from the EQ epicenter, and what I felt was strong! Although I did not feel the after shock last night, I happened to be on my deck looking my pool water vibrating. Very scary indeed and I too feel that this was a prequake. Funny how an event like this can spark a new area of interest, I am having a blast learning all these new things about EQs!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Lets not forget about the Russian Speaker of the House who had the following things to say in regards to a new WMD:

www.youtube.com...

I think given the locations we've seen (CO, VA) that this could potentially be an attack on the country..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
EARTHQUAKE LINE: LATITUDE 37

MOUNT ETNA VOLCANO, SICILY, ITALY 37º48'
11-MARCH-2011 FUKUSHIMA, JAPAN (9) 37º59'
11-MAY-2011 --LORCA,MURCIA,SPAIN (5.1) 37º40' ( it is only 1km deep also, seven people dead )
23-AUGUST-2011 VIRGINIA (5.9) 37º97'
23-AUGUST-2011 COLORADO (5.3) 37º07'

what a coincidence!

Lorca earthquake:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Thank you

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The VA was felt so far away from the epicenter. I am in NC and got a good shake. I heard it was because the ground dosent have the stress places like the west coast does. So does this mean if there was a huge quake on east coast would it cause massive damage hundreds of miles away???

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Im just waiting for someone to blame the gays

You mean the grays, as much as I hate the grays, I think I've got more respect for them than the gays
. Anyway without letting you hijack the thread I digress, and more importantly if I see another upturned garden chair in America, yes I think the world has got to come to and end.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
East Coast rarely if ever gets quakes much above a 3 or 4. Following close on the heals of the one in Colorado was a little too coincidental for a lot of people. Nothing in this area is built to withstand EQ's at all. I live in East Tn and felt it here as well. Today is starting to feel the same as yesterday in the air, a slight tension, odd clouds, a wind blowing. Dunno, maybe I am paying more attention but I suspect we will see another one in either a new unusual place, or a larger one in one of the previous two spots.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

WTF is that dude. Holy crap he's either insane or awesome. If all Ruskie politicians act like that, I know where I'm moving.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I experienced migraine pain day before the earthquake on the east coast. It was unusual since I never had any migraine attack before that. It lasted for 2 to 3 hours the tops and then it went away as I kept pressing my scalp to ease the pain.

I do know that there were few threads here on ATS describing the pre-symptoms that many people can feel just like the animals before an earthquake. However I didnt think about it until I saw your post today. I'm sure many people are not aware of the symptoms they go through until they read about others.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Thanks, crappiekat. I did notice the media downplaying this event. Pictures of damage seem to tell another story.
To the poster who said Washington has all the great minds...it's more like great egos there...lol

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thank you for the GEE site Westcoast. now if only I can figure out what all of it means I will be doing good.

Looks like a little shock in VA again just now.Well I think anyway, still trying to figure out the GEE thing. Anyone feel it?

It is really cool to watch the lines jump up and down and I think anyone in the area feeling shocks would benefit from just downloading it and watching it roll. Maybe if you feel something you can check back and see it in the data. Nothing like a little confirmation.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join