It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 13
74
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Great post. Could i point out that most of those spots are close to areas of DUMB bases. And i know that NORAD was relocated to a new DUMB base because Cheyenne isn't nuke proof anymore and its further south in Colorado which is where those quakes have been happening. NEDES near Albany. DC area has so many from raven rock in the PA area and even places like Iron Mountain. The DC quake was felt for 200+ miles in every direction and could stir a lot of stuff up below ground especially since the quake came from 7 miles below the surface. Could this be the start of something else? I'm sure DIA in Colorado would have also felt those 5.3 quakes since its only about 120miles from that hot spot. Seems like areas within the US that would be sensitive to our military or even government are being targeted. Just fishing =P




posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
you guys just keep on watchin Virginia. be my guest

USGS completes monitoring system for Oregon’s Newberry volcano


Surface inflation reported at El Hierro volcano in the Canary Island- we may be moving towards an event


U.S. seismic hazard zones awaken: Long Valley super-volcano earthquake swarm notice


Deep 7.0 magnitude earthquake shakes Peru – third 7.0 earthquake to strike the world in 4 days



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Prediction is possible, but very difficult. There are many factors to consider. But I have made one prediction that was completely accurate. And I documented it on the Yellowstone thread. I predicted the second largest swarm on record. Within several hours. I even argued with the YVO about the actually start of the swarm. They later corrected their error and agreed with me.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz
 

so you say ...

ground stops shaking in Virginia

but some of us are still discussing the residual damage ... like this ... source

RSOE EDIS - Technological Disaster in USA on Wednesday, 24 August, 2011
at 02:57 (02:57 AM) UTC
.
Description
An earthquake believed to have been centered northwest of Richmond, Va., was felt in South Jersey shortly before 2 p.m. today. A vacant building at Fifth and Walnut in Camden reportedly partially collapsed. No injuries have been reported. About 10 people were gathered at the Camden Rescue Mission for a book bag drive for students when the building started to vibrate.

glad to read there were no injuries but wow, building collapses this many hours later ??

guess it was a little more than a 'rattle' huh ??

so, if you'd like to keep on topic, please contribute, otherwise we'll just have to go on about ignoring your nonsense.

WestCoast -- am not sure if you're accessing this map but if not, you should at least peek at all the activity around the 37th, from Spain to Sweden back thru Italy, Turkey, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Kahazakhstan & the Canary Islands ... RSOE



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AceLiteman
 

The New Madrid fault system is in Missouri, way aways from Virginia, seperated by the Appliatian, Ozarks and Smokey mountains. It would not cause an earthquake in Virgina.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


No it wouldn't but the thing is that New Madrid MO is location right between where the the CO and VA earthquakes occurred. This would be similar to "rocking the cradle" as VA had at least 4 aftershocks hours apart after the first 5.9, as did CO have many. My concern is not that New Madrid caused these earthquakes, but rather that these earthquakes could potentially give new Madrid the push it needs.

Earthquakes in CO and VA seem to have ceased for now which is good, but there was a big 7.0 in Peru this afternoon followed by aftershocks. Just a wild guess but maybe we'll have a break for a month hopefully before the plates start creaking over here again. I have been watching the USGS website alongside the lunar cycle for quite some time now and noticed that there was an ebb and flow of earthquakes, the dip being at the full moon. Last full moon the earthquakes number was nearly at peak so I theorized that we'd be seeing more activity this month... So far it hasn't been more, but unusual earthquakes instead, close to home.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Cytra because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by AceLiteman
 

The New Madrid fault system is in Missouri, way aways from Virginia, seperated by the Appliatian, Ozarks and Smokey mountains. It would not cause an earthquake in Virgina.

no one here is suggesting the VA or CO quakes will 'cause' a NM one ... where did you get that from?

fyi, regardless of the Missouri location you pinpointed, the NM 'fault zone' is much larger and intersects the 37th latitudinal parallel which some consider may be compromised by the shift in pressure from the previous mentioned quakes.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thedr0w
 


way off track but didnt NORAD get moved to Peterson Field because attacks from China and Russia were not likely. Kinda like the guy above yesterday saying the Colo. and Virginia quakes weren't connected to fault lines...pure bogus info


COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- The military is virtually closing the secretive defense complex carved into Cheyenne Mountain that has watched North American skies for missiles for decades. The North American Aerospace Defense Command operations center will be moved to nearby Peterson Air Force Base, which is home to the U.S. Northern Command created after the Sept. 11 attacks. Both are commanded by Adm. Tim Keating. In an interview with theDenver Post, Keating said the government's best intelligence "leads us to believe a missile attack from China or Russia is very unlikely."



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
It is not the earthquakes in areas with faults or volcanoes that should be payed attention to, as there will always be earthquakes.

Rather it is the ones that are in what would be considered geologically stable areas that bear for us to pay attention to, as they are out of the ordinary and should be of concern. The 2 that the OP mentioned, the one in Colorado/New Mexico, and the one in Virgina, those are something that everyone should wake up and pay attention to, as there is no faults in that area, infact looking at the geological maps they do not make sense as to why they occured.

Yeah you got a big star count out of that one but not a lick of your statement was true



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is now FOUR alignments in a row and I think it's too much of a coincidence at this point. Check my data below:

C/2010 X1/Seismic Activity

Below is 3 months of alignments and correlating seismic data I’ve collected in a weekly format of 5.0 or greater earthquakes. I was unfortunately unable to collect data from 7/6/11- 7/16/11 due to unforeseen circumstances. However, I checked daily reports and didn’t see any significant earthquakes during that period. No alignments between the Sun, ELENIN and any other planets occurred during that time.


Date Range Earthquakes 5.0> Alignment(s)

4/25/2011-5/1/2011 34 None
5/2/2011-5/9/2011 36 None
5/10/2011-5/17/2011 58 Sun, Venus and ELENIN
5/18/2011-5/25/2011 32 None
5/26/2011-6/1/2011 29 None
6/2/2011-6/8/2011 35 None
6/9/2011-6/15/2011 36 None
6/16/2011-6/22/2011 36 None
6/23/2011-6/29/2011 36 None
6/30/2011-7/6/2011 24 (7.8 on 7/6/11) Sun, Mercury, ELENIN

I added “largest earthquake magnitude” as a metric on the data below:

Date Range # of 5.0> EQs ELE Alignment Largest EQ Magnitude

7/16/2011 - 7/22/2011 34 None 6.3
7/23/2011 - 7/29/2011 45 Sun, ELE & Jupiter 6.4
7/30/2011 - 8/5/2011 31 None 6.6
8/6/2011 - 8/12/2011 34 None 5.9

Future Alignments and Events Date Note

Mars, Sun & ELE 8/22 – 8/27 Colorado, East Coast Earthquake and 7.0 Peru Earthquake

8/31/2011 ELE will be visible by the naked eye

Mercury, Mars, Earth & ELE 9/6/2011

9/10/2011 ELE will come closest to the Sun

9/11/2011 ELE will pass above the ecliptic

Sun, Mercury & ELE 9/25/2011

9/26/2011 ELE minimum angle relative to the sun will be 1.9º

Sun, ELE & Earth 9/23-9/28 The Sun, ELE and Earth will be at their closest alignment distance. ELE and Earth will come within .352 AU from each other on 11/28. For comparison, the Sun is 1.00 AU from Earth and Jupiter is 5.2 AU from the Sun. One AU is ~93 million miles. If you include the nature of gravity, it's wells and portals that hold our solar system in place, the end of September of this year may be when we experience the most havoc on our planet. I make this assumption based on the data above, which suggests the incoming celestial body has more to it then NASA is revealing.


10/17/2011 ELE will be at it’s closest distance to the Earth (.232 AU)

10/20/2011 ELE will enter our orbit and Earth may experience gravitational effects

11/02/2011 Earth will enter recent location of ELE "comet" tail

Mercury, Venus, Earth & ELE 11/11/201

Sun, Mercury, Earth & ELE 12/4/2011

Mars, ELE & Jupiter 12/25/2011

Last syzygy (alignment) with the Sun, Earth and ELEnin before it swings out of our solar system: December 21, 2012 (Beginning of the Age of Aquarius)

My Sources:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is my seismic data source. It only goes back one month of history, hence the reason I had to keep my own records:

www.iris.edu...



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder
 



Patternfinder, I read above where west coast was mentioning shale beds. And where you mentioned Israel in possible connection with this. westcoast talked about the massive drilling going on across the United States and the world involving shale beds and harvesting natural gas....

Harold Vinegar the Alchemist behind IEI's Oil-Shale project (Israel Energy Initiatives), was talking in Fast Company magazine (Sept, 2011 issue) about Israel's oil shale project, turning oil shale into oil. Of course with all of the talk about the middle east and Oil, one doesn't think much of Israel and it's potential for oil and natural gas.

I don't know if this is HAARP (High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program) or Israeli seismic tests, but I found a particular quote from this Harold Vinegar in this magazine to be really interesting. He quotes a bible verse from Deuteronomy, in which is says that Israel's oil drilling ambitions have been "Sanctioned from above."



Vinegar is willing to be patient; the oil shale, after all, is not going anywhere. Besides, IEI's chief scientist has a vague sense that his project may even have been sanctioned from above. "Deuteronomy has a section about the tribe of Asher, where it says, 'and you shall produce honey from the rock, and oil from the flinty rock," he tells me. In the Shfela Basin, he points out, "there is a 2-meter-thick layer of flint that just runs continuously. How could they possibly have known that? How could they have?" Vinegar cackles. "It's just spooky."


Umm..So Is this how Zionism works?



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911
 


The 160 page Newsletter Puterman posted on Quake Watch not too long ago had some interesting theories in them. It did discuss alignments so I am in no way discounting that theory.


The Newsletter was called "New Concepts in Global Tectonics"

I have not seen Elenin and have no idea just yet how I feel about something that has been a speculation of discussions for some time now....still on the fence.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
after saying this I will leave this thread alone:
Hyper sensationalism brought on by Hyper media access = we race to find answers to questions that have no answers



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
after saying this I will leave this thread alone:
Hyper sensationalism brought on by Hyper media access = we race to find answers to questions that have no answers


There is a reason, and an answer, for everything.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


I'm with you on this one, Mamaj. I am not sold on the theory but am very interested in it and welcome all info and speculation regarding it.

@thedrow: I don't know anything about military bases or the undergound bunkers, etc. so that is why I have not commented in regards to posts about them. Not ignoring them, I just don't have an opinion....well, other than I really think irregardless of what caused the quakes, I think it's of natural sources.

@Robin: As always, I appreciate the input and insight.


@honor93: Hi there! So need to clarify....is that a new quake for today that you posted about?? Because I think the clip you gave there was in reference to yesterdays quake (happened just before 2:00 PM local time) but either way, after-shocks are notorious for causing already weakened structures to collapse days after the initial shock. I'm still not seeing any after shocks today though. VERY strange.....still thinking fore-shock.

In regards to the New Madrid: I haven't said a whole lot about it, because I really don't want to panic anyone. I think it a very logical conclusion thought to consider if this may have everything to do with it. I think it's toward the top of my list. Yes, there may be a mountain range or two...but ask yourself: what caused that mountain range? There is a huge fault runing through the heartland that is vastly unknown. This fault has numerous cracks extending out from it that as we that watch know, gets restelss from time to time. When looking at this big picture, we shouldn't be looking at what is above the ground, but below it. THAT is where the true story is.

As Robin so very well pointed up, the make-up of the ground, the aquifers, the natural bodies of water and man-made (injected) ALL comes into play. Who's to say that these two quakes....on EXACT opposites of the New Madrid, at almost the same mag and depth - are NOT connected, or have anything to do with the New Madrid? I think someone making that kind of claim to be a complete idiot because no one really knows. I am not saying they ARE, only that anyone with any geological knoweldge would have to admit the possibility exists



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
This is now FOUR alignments in a row and I think it's too much of a coincidence at this point. Check my data below:

C/2010 X1/Seismic Activity

Below is 3 months of alignments and correlating seismic data I’ve collected in a weekly format of 5.0 or greater earthquakes. I was unfortunately unable to collect data from 7/6/11- 7/16/11 due to unforeseen circumstances. However, I checked daily reports and didn’t see any significant earthquakes during that period. No alignments between the Sun, ELENIN and any other planets occurred during that time.


Date Range Earthquakes 5.0> Alignment(s)

4/25/2011-5/1/2011 34 None
5/2/2011-5/9/2011 36 None
5/10/2011-5/17/2011 58 Sun, Venus and ELENIN
5/18/2011-5/25/2011 32 None
5/26/2011-6/1/2011 29 None
6/2/2011-6/8/2011 35 None
6/9/2011-6/15/2011 36 None
6/16/2011-6/22/2011 36 None
6/23/2011-6/29/2011 36 None
6/30/2011-7/6/2011 24 (7.8 on 7/6/11) Sun, Mercury, ELENIN

I added “largest earthquake magnitude” as a metric on the data below:

Date Range # of 5.0> EQs ELE Alignment Largest EQ Magnitude

7/16/2011 - 7/22/2011 34 None 6.3
7/23/2011 - 7/29/2011 45 Sun, ELE & Jupiter 6.4
7/30/2011 - 8/5/2011 31 None 6.6
8/6/2011 - 8/12/2011 34 None 5.9

Future Alignments and Events Date Note

Mars, Sun & ELE 8/22 – 8/27 Colorado, East Coast Earthquake and 7.0 Peru Earthquake

8/31/2011 ELE will be visible by the naked eye

Mercury, Mars, Earth & ELE 9/6/2011

9/10/2011 ELE will come closest to the Sun

9/11/2011 ELE will pass above the ecliptic

Sun, Mercury & ELE 9/25/2011

9/26/2011 ELE minimum angle relative to the sun will be 1.9º

Sun, ELE & Earth 9/23-9/28 The Sun, ELE and Earth will be at their closest alignment distance. ELE and Earth will come within .352 AU from each other on 11/28. For comparison, the Sun is 1.00 AU from Earth and Jupiter is 5.2 AU from the Sun. One AU is ~93 million miles. If you include the nature of gravity, it's wells and portals that hold our solar system in place, the end of September of this year may be when we experience the most havoc on our planet. I make this assumption based on the data above, which suggests the incoming celestial body has more to it then NASA is revealing.


10/17/2011 ELE will be at it’s closest distance to the Earth (.232 AU)

10/20/2011 ELE will enter our orbit and Earth may experience gravitational effects

11/02/2011 Earth will enter recent location of ELE "comet" tail

Mercury, Venus, Earth & ELE 11/11/201

Sun, Mercury, Earth & ELE 12/4/2011

Mars, ELE & Jupiter 12/25/2011

Last syzygy (alignment) with the Sun, Earth and ELEnin before it swings out of our solar system: December 21, 2012 (Beginning of the Age of Aquarius)

My Sources:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is my seismic data source. It only goes back one month of history, hence the reason I had to keep my own records:

www.iris.edu...




I'm sorry, but I'm still not clear on how alginments of an in-bound comet and planets in our system impact plate tectonics on earth. This current "alignment" of Elenin/Mars/Sun makes it particularly baffling. I've seen quite a few comets come and go, as it were, in my lifetime...but I don't remember any news that their approaches created crust displacement or a shift in the plates. I'm no debunker (have not nearly enough info in this head of mine to attempt it)...but I admit to a fascination with the Elenin threads (sorry, but I enjoy them - not necessarily buying any of it, mind you)...but somehow the physics behind these alignment theories just doesn't seem probable.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thedr0w
 


I'm not sure, but I live in CO, and the last I heard, NORAD was still inside of Cheynne Mountain, in Colorado Springs, pretty much next to Pike's Peak. If so, way north of where the quake was, by a little over 100 miles to the north. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911
 


So what is your point? Is it the magnectic. Is that your point, I'm sorry but I don't get it. I am all ears????


edit on 24-8-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
after saying this I will leave this thread alone:
Hyper sensationalism brought on by Hyper media access = we race to find answers to questions that have no answers


There is a reason, and an answer, for everything.

are you sure?



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy
 





but somehow the physics behind these alignment theories just doesn't seem probable.


Physics.... Please consider we don't know all there is to know. Who are we to say our version of physics is the final answer when we live in a universe/multiverse of infinite possibilities? What if the "comet" is made of an unknown chemical composition that is extremely dense and has a consequentially large electromagnetic force? I'm only watching the data. but the possibilities truly are endless. Just keeping an open mind here....



new topics

top topics



 
74
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join